Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)


Chapter 10


Jas waited for four hours until Ryoko's surgery was done, during that time he called Kione and Mihoshi and the chief to tell them what was happening, and they were as happy as he was.


"Great Jas, how long do think it will take her to recover?" Kione asked.


"I really don't know, but I hope it's only a week," Jas answered. He let them go and waited until the surgery ended. The only time he knew the surgery was over was when the doctor shook him awake at eleven p.m.


"Jas, wake up. Go on back to your hotel, Ryoko's probably not going to be awake until tomorrow, so there is no reason for you to wait here all night." Jas nodded and flew to the hotel.


ooo


The next morning Jas woke up and wasted no time getting to the hospital. When he got there Ryoko was still asleep, so Jas had to wait some more, but now his patience was paying off. At nine a.m. Ryoko stirred and Jas came over. She still had bandaging over her eyes, but this was more like cloth and weren't as tight.


"I can't believe what just happened," she said.


"Same here, I'm going to go ask to the doctor how long your recovery is going to take, I'll be back in a minute." The recovery time ended up being a week.


"I am pretty sure she can see," said the doctor, "When we finished the surgery I checked to see if the eyes dilated, and they did." Jas nodded and went to tell Ryoko, who was also very pleased.


ooo


The week was long and boring, but Jas and Ryoko put up with it, and at the end of the week, the doctor checked to see if Ryoko could see.


"Well Ryoko," said the doctor as he removed the bandages, "lets see now, how many fingers am I holding up?"


"Can I wait until the picture gets clearer?" Ryoko asked.


"Yes, every time the person needs to wait until their vision clears. Cleared yet?" Ryoko nodded and the doctor held up three fingers.


"Three."


"Well, you are free to go, but you'll need sun glasses for a few weeks, your eyes will be sensitive to light for a while, in fact," he pulled a pair out of his pocket, "Jas bought you these yesterday." Ryoko took them and put them on. She had gotten dressed earlier so she could leave as soon as possible. When she walked out of the room she found Jas in the waiting room waiting for her.


"Lets get out of here," Ryoko said.


"Let me see first," said Jas.


"I'll show you at the hotel, it's to bright in here." Jas had to accept and they walked to the hotel. When they got there, Ryoko had to go into Jas's room because he had canceled her room because she wasn't using it, and would go and get it back after she should him.


"Okay, show me."


"You are so persistent," she said as she took her glasses off.


"Wow, I can barely tell, they're a shade darker though, but that doesn't matter, you can see."


"Yeah, now you go get me my room."


"Okay, okay," he was gone for a few minutes then came back with the key to her room. "You got lucky that no one took your room."


"Lucky me, so now what, we still have a few days of vacation left, but I really don't want to stay here."


"I know, why don't we stay here for the rest of the day and leave tomorrow, How's that?"


"Fine with me," Ryoko replied. The rest of the day they spent walking around the city.


"Hey Ryoko, those glasses aren't just sun glasses, feel the sides."


She did, "They feel like buttons, what do they do?"


"Well, if you need to read something or see at a far distance, I'll show you how to use them when we get back to the hotel, I have a pair that I use to see over far distances."


"Oh, I'm just glad I can see again."


"Same here, hey take a look at the ocean." Ryoko looked to see a calm sea and a slow sunset.


"It's beautiful, I wish we could have enjoyed this place more, but right now, I'm sick of it."


"Yeah, maybe next vacation will be better."


"Yeah, but when's that?" They both laughed and watched the sun set for a few more minutes before heading back to the hotel.