Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)


Chapter 13


"This is it," said Jas.


"How long has it been since I've been in one of these?" Ryoko asked herself out loud.


"I wouldn't know," Jas said as they walked in. It was a bar, one Jas visited regularly on his time off. He knew the bartender, and knew what kind of drinks the bartender made. Not that is mattered really, both Jas and Ryoko had a high tolerance to alcohol.


They got some seats at the bar and Jas ordered them some drinks. After having several, none of the alcohol had affected either of them, or so it seemed. Jas had gone up and had take control of the karaoke machine, and Ryoko didn't know whether to laugh or hide. It wasn't that Jas was a bad singer, he was pretty good, but knowing that he was a highly respected police officer made it rather weird to see.


After several songs, Jas came back and sat down. He chatted with several other people, almost ignoring Ryoko.


Ryoko began to realize something. When she was a space pirate, she would have taken full advantage of this situation. She would have been flirting with all of them men, drinking twice what she had drunk so far, and who knows what else. She began to realize how much she had changed.


"Hey, what's wrong Ryoko?" Jas asked. He had realized that the woman had not been taking any part in conversation or anything that was going on.


"Nothing," she stood up, "I'll see you back at the ship." She walked back to the ship, and if Jas had followed she didn't notice. She got to the ship and went to her room, completely upset, mad at Jas for taking her to a place where she didn't belong anymore. (I've lost it, I'm not who I was anymore, this job has changed me from a sexy, ruthless, and bloodthirsty space pirate, to a spineless, stupid, patrol officer that can't tell one emotion from another.) Then Jas walked into her room.


"Are you okay?"


"Yeah, I'm fine, except I've lost my old self and can't tell one emotion from the next, this life has changed me Jas, and I don't know how much longer I can survive it."


"What are you saying?"


"I'm saying I've become a spineless, brainless fool who doesn't know what from what.


"You take back every single word you just said," Jas, snapped, "I can argue and base facts that you are completely wrong. You are not spineless, you one of the bravest people I've ever met, you passed first in your class, and if you're a fool, I'm a brainless git because I've done some pretty dumb things in my life, but you don't need to know them." Ryoko stared at him, "Look Ryoko, I've told you I love you, and I will always love you, even if you hate my guts I will."


"Jas I said you're wasting it on me, please stop-" Jas had come over and slapped her across the face. She looked at him in shock.


"Look Ryoko, I'm sorry, but I can't let you beat yourself up for what you've become, but I can help you to change again."


"How? I mean, you helped me be come this way, I'm not putting you down, but I can't change again, but thanks for trying to help."


"I would do anything for you, you know that." Knowing he was going back on a promise and not caring, he bent down and kissed Ryoko, but she didn't seem to protest. He kissed her again and again, and she took it all, accepting it as if it were air.


"Jas," Ryoko gasped, "I do love you, I'm sorry I didn't realize it before."


"No matter, you know now," said Jas and he kissed her again, each kiss more passionate then the last.


"Why did you keep your heart on mine? Even after all I said to you?"


Jas lifted himself up so he could look at her, "I set my goals high, and you're probably going to forget I answered that and you're going to ask me again later, oh well." Ryoko smiled up at him and he lay down next to her, and they both fell asleep.


ooo


Author's Note: Gag! Short and mushy. The chapter used to be longer, but I had to do some editing because what was in it was just plain bad. Sigh, from here on out it's kinda a romance story, but it will still have some action to it. Review me and tell me what you think.