Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


-Telepathy-


(Thought)


Chapter 14


Ryoko woke up to find Jas gone. She quickly changed her clothes, and the memories of the previous night came back into her mind. She got the cockpit and Jas turned around in his chair.


"Hey sleepy head," he said casually, "I thought you'd never wake up."


"What will happen when Kione and Mihoshi find out about this?"


"I don't even want to start to think about that, I'm still sorting out last night."


"Oh, sorry about that."


"What are you apologizing for, I let you."


"Okay, whatever you say. We have a day vacation, you get to decide what we do."


"I was hoping we could just relax today, just stay here on the ship and sit around."


"Sounds good to me," Jas replied. Ryoko smiled at him and they both stood up. Jas came closer and kissed her, but it was at the wrong time. As they kissed the chief appeared on screen



"Did I come at the wrong time?" he asked. Ryoko and Jas looked on the screen and they separated fast, blushing.


"I knew that would happen," said the computer.


"Be quiet," Jas mumbled.


"Should I call back in ten minutes?" the chief asked.


"Yes please," Ryoko and Jas chorused. The chief laughed and disappeared.


"That was so embarrassing," Ryoko said as she slumped to the floor, still blushing a brick red.


"No kidding," Jas said sitting down next her, he was still pink himself.


"So how long will it take for everyone to know?"


"News is traveling as we speak my dear."


Ryoko looked at him, "Where did that come from?"


"No where, I just thought it would be funny to say, but really, by the time we get back tomorrow, all of HQ will know, including Kione and Mihoshi, and the Commander."


"That's nice, at least we don't have to tell them."


"Yeah, if you won't be able to contain yourself when the chief calls back I suggest you leave."


"Don't worry, I'll be fine." Ten minutes the chief called back and talked to them.


"I still can't believe I caught you two," he said, "In fact, I was talking with the Commander the other day on how good a couple you two would make."


"Thanks," Jas said, "So, why did you call"


"Just wanted to check up on you two, make sure neither of you had died yet, but you two seem to be just fine. I'll let you go so you can enjoy your last day off, and be good." The screen went blank.


"To late," said Ryoko and they both laughed.


"Okay, enough of that." They left the cockpit and walked around the ship.


"Jas, you said you had a romance movie, what's it about?"


"Like all romances, guy meets girl, they start going out, guy and girl have sex, girl gets pregnant, and they do the pregnancy time, and she has the baby at the end and they live happily ever after, want to watch it?"


"Sure." They went to the video room and turned the movie on. Jas sat on one end of the couch and Ryoko sat in his lap, her legs stretched over the rest of the couch. The movie lasted over two hours, during the proposal scene; Jas felt the ring box in his pocket. When the movie ended Jas looked down to see Ryoko resting head against the arm of the couch, looking tired.


"You okay?"


"Yeah, I'm fine, why did the movie make you think I'm pregnant?"


"Not really, it's just the way you were laying, never mind."


"No, what?"


"It's nothing Ryoko, well, there is something I've been meaning to ask you."


"And that is?" Jas fumbled with his pocket and pulled out the ring.


"Will you marry me?" Ryoko stared at him, too surprised to speak. She sat up and looked at him. Since she couldn't find her voice so she just nodded, smiling.


"Yes!" Jas hugged her tightly and kissed her until she hung in his grip. "Thank you." He looked at her, but she didn't say anything. "What's the matter, lose your voice?" Ryoko smiled and nodded. "Is that all you're going to do?" She nodded again and Jas broke out laughing.


"Okay, I found my voice, how long have you had that?" She indicated the ring.


"About a month, I was worried I would have to return it because of earlier, but I guess not." Ryoko nodded, then kissed him, wrapping her arms around his neck so she would slip away. She let go after a few minutes and lay there in his arms.


"Why did you buy it so early?"


"I guess because I knew it would end up this way, so I guessed I should get as early as possible."


"Oh, but even after all I said to you, you didn't back down, why?"


"Because I had made my choice a long time ago, I wasn't going to change it what so ever, even if it meant pursuing you for the rest of my life."


"You certainly set your goals high, but when you get them I guess the payoff must be pretty good."


"Yep, and this is the best one yet." He bent down and kissed her, and Ryoko hung there like she had done, but he didn't go. His hand slipped to her side, the side that had been shot by Kagato and the muscles flinched. "What's wrong?"


Ryoko sighed and sat up, "Jas, I told you I had a run-in with Kagato once before, right?" He nodded, "Well, I was trying to defend someone and he shot me, you know where."


"That could have been fatal."


"I know, I nearly died from it, but I really don't remember how I recovered, it's a blank, I don't remember much from the event after I went unconscious in Ryo-oki."


"I remember that incident, and I was against you, I remember the papers saying that a person had gone missing after that event, I had know idea it was you."


"Yeah, the last thing I remember was taking the prince of Juri to the planet and taking off again, alone, then blackness."


"Oh Ryoko," he hugged her; Ryoko had seen tears forming in his eyes.


"I thought grown men didn't cry," she teased.


"Shut up," Jas retorted, "I wish I knew what happened."


"You really want to?" Jas looked at her and nodded slowly. "All right." She placed a hand on his temple and transferred the memory.


ooo


Author's Note: Been a while since I formatted some of the chapters. I'll let you decide how good the story is so far. Review me and tell me what you think.