Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)


Chapter 15


The memory came into focus in Jas's mind, Ryoko flying through the air, shooting blasts at Kagato, who blocked them effortlessly. The words, "You're fun to play with, but I'm very busy now, get lost!" echoed in his mind as he watched him shoot Ryoko down. He watched as Ryoko took Tenchi to Juri, and leave, and also when Ryoko had fallen out of consciousness, blood flowing down her arm, and the memory faded, it was all she remembered.


ooo


Ryoko ended the memory and felt her side ach; going through the memory had given her all of the pain as well, and the loneliness. She looked up at Jas, who looked pale and scared.


"Sorry," she said to him.


"What for?" he gasped, "for showing me the memory, man I just feel like going to HQ and shooting the guy." Ryoko forced a small laugh and tried to sit up, but her side spasmed and she lay back down. "You okay?" Jas asked.


"Yeah, but bring back the memory, brought back the pain, don't worry, I'm okay." Her side spasmed again and she yelped, then it cramped. "Crap. Great, it cramped and I can't move."


"I can fix that," Jas said. He picked her up and carried her to her room. Her laid her down on her bed then sat down next to her and began massaging her side. "Better?" he asked when he finished.


"Yeah, thanks." She noticed that Jas had somehow slipped the ring on when she wasn't paying attention and smiled up at him.


"Want a back rub too?" Ryoko sat up and stared at him.


"Are you doing this because you feel bad for me or something?"


"No, maybe, okay yes, I am, but is that so wrong?"


"It is if it's going to stress you out."


"It's not, sit up please." Ryoko sat up and he massaged her back. After he finished Ryoko turned around and kissed him, lingering until he pulled away. "What was that for?"


"Nothing," She smiled at him and was about to kiss him again, but then Nigami cut in.


"Sorry to disrupt your romance, but Kione and Mihoshi want to speak with you."


"Great," Jas said and they both left the room. When they got to the cockpit Kione and Mihoshi were giggling on screen. "You know; if you just called to taunt us you might as well just leave."


"No, we didn't come by to do that, but really, it is cute, and funny how the chief found out."


"Don't even go there Kione," Ryoko warned.


"I'm sorry, but I have to tell you the Commander's reaction."


"Oh god, this isn't going to be pretty is it?" Jas asked.


"Yes and no. When the chief told us he had call the Commander, Mihoshi and I into his office, so when he said it he could see our individual reactions."


"And?"


"I was astounded, I was laughing and protesting at the same time. Mihoshi smiled and said it was cute, but the Commander's jaw dropped, he couldn't believe it. It was so funny, especially when the chief showed us the clip of you kissing."


"What? He recorded that?" Jas exclaimed.


"Apparently so, and the Commander had to sit down for that one."


"And you two?" Ryoko asked.


"I was laughing so hard, and Mihoshi was doing pretty much the same, but not as hard."


"Thanks, and it's not funny," said Jas, annoyed.


"I know, it was probably very embarrassing for you two, but getting caught like that is classic. It's going to be in the archives forever."


"Yes, we know, now could we please get back to our vacation?" Ryoko asked.


"Okay," Kione laughed and the screen went off.


"Well, that was an interesting chat," said Jas, "don't you think?"


"No, it was embarrassing, at least we don't have to tell everyone."


"Yeah." He walked over to her and kissed her, she wrapped her arms around his neck and hung on. He broke the kiss and picked her up, "But we still need to tell them about the engagement."


"I know, but not just yet, lets wait for awhile."


"But what will we do about the wedding?"


"How about we have it in secret, do you now any priests?"


"Yes, a friend of mine, but first he'll have to get out of shock after I tell him, he never thought I would propose to anyone, thought I was too chicken."


"Well, you weren't, you did it very calmly, but you shocked me, shocked me speechless."


"Yeah, sorry about that, but you did answer me, even if it wasn't verbal." Ryoko smiled and kissed him. When it broke Jas carried her to her room, and dropped her on her bed, then sat down next to her.


"Why'd you take me here?"


"No reason, only place I could think of to go." Ryoko sat up and sat next to him, leaning against him so she didn't have to support herself. "Do you really think it will work, the private wedding I mean?"


"If no one knows it's happening we shouldn't have to worry, but we have to keep our mouths shut, and I have to keep this off whenever we're in HQ, " she indicated the ring, "That's about it."


"Okay, that shouldn't be a problem. So now what?" Ryoko broke out laughing and Jas joined in soon after.


"Maybe you should call that guy," Ryoko answered, "So we can get the wedding over as soon as possible."


"Yeah." They got up and went to the cockpit. Jas hit some keys and waited for a minute, then a man mot much older than Jas appeared. "Sampson, you owe me five bucks."


"Why?"


"You forgot the bet we made when you said I would never get married because I was to scared to propose."


"I remember now, why?"


"Because I proposed, ha!"


"Oh yeah, so, to who?" Jas pulled Ryoko so she could be seen. "Whoa, you got lucky Jas."


"What do you mean by that, she's been my patrol partner for nearly two years now."


"Oh, so when do you want me to come by?" Jas discussed it with Ryoko and Jas told him when. "Okay, I'll be there." They walked out of the cockpit and slowly walked around the ship.


"You haven't been wearing your glasses today," Jas noticed.



"Yeah, but I should put them on because they're starting to hurt." She pulled her glasses out of her pocket and put them on.


"Great, we're going to get married when we're on patrol duty, isn't that nice."


"At least we're getting married, be thankful for that."


"Yeah." He stopped and walked in front of her.


"What?" Her answer was a kiss, deep and passionate. When it broke Ryoko looked up at him, and he was smiling. "What was that for?" He shook his head and they continued walking, holding hands until they reached Jas's room. Ryoko had been in there only once, so she didn't remember much of it, but she did remember the mess. "Do you ever clean this place?"


"Yeah, every month."


"I think you need to add on to that schedule," Ryoko replied, "This place needs it, you have more stuff in here than a dump."


"Hey, if you must know, this mess is mostly research on Kagato, and how he got his powers, and I found out a lot, but you might know some already."


"Yeah, and I don't want to know anymore." She moved a stack of papers and sat down on his bed. "Yeah, I get the regular mattress and you get the water bed."


"My ship, my choice, but I don't think that will matter much later."


"Whatever," Ryoko said as she stretched out on it. Jas came and lay down next to her, putting his arm around her shoulders.


"Back to work tomorrow," he said and Ryoko groaned.


"I wanted this vacation to end, but now I want it to continue forever, why do good things always happen at the end?"


"Because that's what happens, and most times it sucks, but that's life, and we have to live with it." Ryoko nodded and rested her head on Jas's chest. "You okay?"


"Yeah, just tired, I don't want to go back to work tomorrow," she moaned.


"Neither do I, but we have to, or no paycheck."


"Paycheck my rear end. He calls fifty bucks a month a paycheck, Kione and Mihoshi are getting paid more then that."


"But we've also taken up more bucks than them, all of our damn injuries and such."


"Not our fault, okay, so the last one was, but I saved a bunch of people by doing that."


"Yeah, but that regarded went to the hospital bill." He sighed and checked his watch, "Eight-thirty, want to go to bed?" Ryoko turned to her side so her back faced him.


"Why?"


"Why what?"


"Why do these things happen when life is a pain in the butt?"


"What do you mean?"


"I mean, why did we have to fall in love and set up a marriage when we know the rest of our lives are going to be hell? It just doesn't seem fair."


"Life's not fair, that's what others have been telling you from day one, and you have to work around it as best you can, even if it seems impossible."


"I know that, but I just wish it could be easy for once, have nothing to worry about, nothing to be afraid of, you know what I mean?"


"I understand completely, but it can't be that way even if you try, so live with it."


"Hmph." Ryoko sat up and looked at him, "Do you have an answer for everything?"


"Most times, but they're not always right."


"Figures, I'm going to bed, see you later." Jas moved so she could get up, and she went to her room. She lay on her bed for a few minutes thinking, (Why am I so stressed, in a few days I'm going to marry him, why am I worried about what's already happening? Oh well, like Jas said, it's apart of life.) She rolled over and went to sleep.


ooo


Author's Note: Another chapter down, countless more to go. Review me and tell me what you think.