Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect Princess ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Perfect Princess
Chapter 6: Arrivals and Announcements

----

"Stare into the abyss long enough, and it will look back. Look into your heart long enough, and you will find love."
---Lady Sapphire
----

a/n: The way some things are done in here are based on what I have read on old court manners, titles, etc, etc...

***Morning...

I awoke slowly, a bit tired still from our journey. Getting up and finding my 'proper attire', I quickly dressed for the day.

Supposedly, my father is going to tell me why I was called back to Jurai.

Soon, I was walking down the hallway to the dining room for breakfast; which, unfortunately, would not be Sasami's delicious cooking.

"Miss Ayeka!" Turning, I saw Tenchi coming down the hall.

"Oh, good morning lord Tenchi. Did you sleep well last night?"

"Tenchiii!" Ryoko's shrill voice could probably be heard all over the castle.

"oh, hello Ryoko." I tried to sound nice, but with her, it didn't work, especially since she was clinging all over Tenchi.

"Ryoko! Stop!" Tenchi, trying vainly to keep her off, was now pleading with the space pirate.

As if 'saved by the bell', or rather, dining hall, we made it to the 'breakfast room'.

While being seated, I saw that almost everyone had gotten there before Tenchi, Ryoko, and I.

The castle servants came out at once, arms burdened with large trays of food for everyone.

Letting the servants serve the food, I looked at the other people we were dining with. It was not a small table, to be sure. At the head of the table, sat my father, the Emporer Azusa; to his immediate right and left, sat mother, the Lady Misaki, and Aunt Funaho.

I noticed, while looking at the people, an odd-looking young man sat next to my mother; the four of them were chatting away. Sasami sat opposite the man, with Little Washu sitting next to Sasami. Kiyone was seated next to Washu; and Mihoshi opposite Kiyone. Coming after them on either side were nobility of the court. Tenshi had been seated at the direct end of the table, opposite my father. I sat to Tenchi's right, Ryoko to his left.

Father stood up. " Ladies and gentlemen of the Court, I would like to announce the arrival of my daughters, Ayeka and Sasami; they returned to Jurai yesterday evening. Also, we have another visitor." He motioned for the young man to stand. "I would like to welcome Prince Maladin Sasari of the Shadow Galaxy. "

The young prince made a bow to everyone at the table. "It is an honor to be here, and to sit in the presence of so many noblemen and women."

Everyone nodded; and to be polite, I did as well. Soon, the meal began, and the day started.

***Later...

As I walked into the grand library, something inside me chilled me to the bones....a warning perhaps? The feeling scared me; but at the same time, something else excited me.

I walked in the library; its selves comsuming every nook and crany along the wall. The selves themselves were full of books; both new and ancient; datapads, holocrystals, and so much more. On the floor were different types of furniture: a couches, chairs, and a desk. Next to the desk sat a large table.

Sitting at the desk was my father; sitting at the table were Aunt Funaho, Mother, Tenchi, the girls, and the prince that had been introduced earlier.

"Ah, Ayeka. Come here daughter; I want you to meet our honored guest. Prince Maladin Sasari, this is my daughter, the First Crown Princess of Jurai, Princess Ayeka." I winced at the introduction, feeling as if my father were boasting about me.

The tall, foriegn prince stood. "It is an honor to finally meet you princess."

I replied in the same manner; what harm could it be? Besides, its manners. "And the same to you, Prince."

Father stood up. "Now, I have two announcements to make. One," He turned to a door, motioning for the guards to open it, "is that an old friend of yours is here to see you Ayeka."

I looked to the doorway, and a young girl, around my age, came through. Long, raven-black hair went to the floor, sapphire blue eyes showed an intelligence far beyond her age, and she carried an air about her that told of being royalty.

I recognized her almost instantly. "Crystal!" We hugged, being old friends.

Turning, I saw the others look at me, wondering who the girl is. "I'm sorry everyone. This is my friend and blood-sister, Empress Ashli Crystaline of the Star Empire. Your majesty, these are my friends, Tenchi, Kiyone and Mihoshi of Galaxy Police, the scientist Washu, and her daughter Ryoko."

She curtsied, not only to my friends, but to my parents and Prince Maladin as well.

"It is a pleasure to meet you all."

Father grunted, once again looking serious. " The other announcement I have to make, before I announce it to the Court is that Ayeka and Prince Maladin will be married."

Everyone, including Mother and Aunt Funaho, looked at my father in shock. The only one who wasn't shocked by the news was the prince.

"Father, you cannot do this to me!" I pleaded. I wanted to faint, right there.

How could he do this to me!?

All he did was glare. "You will marry the Prince, so that his kingdom will be allied - joined, with ours. Is that understood!?"

I stared, hard and long at my 'father'. This announcement seemed to shatter everything; even my friends arrival.

I ran from the room.

----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: well, you've all asked for it, and that was Chapter 6! Sorry it took so long, but I hope it was worth it! Plz Review!!
Chapter 7 will be up as soon as possible =^.^= --L.S