Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect Princess ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Ch.7 : Taking the Pressure
Lady Sapphire

-----

"Only fools are positive." --Batty, "Fern Gully"

-----

A/N: <> mean talk in telepathy
-Wow! Seven Chapters! Thank you everyone who has read this story. =^.^= Please Keep reading!

Many thoughts race through my head.

Marriage.....arranged...an arranged marriage...to someone I don't even know...never even heard of...!

<You are not the only one who has never heard of his kingdom.>

Startled by the voice, I look around to see who it was. Suddenly, I realize that it was a telepathic thought.

<Ashli, if you will, please do not scare me like that again.>

<Sorry, 'sis', but your parents and Aunt, not to mention friends and the prince, are all worried about you. So Lady Funaho asked me to locate you. Would you like me to come out and talk to you that way?>

<Yes, please.>

While I waited for her to arrive, I thought back to how I met my 'blood sister'.

*Flashback*

Father, Mother, and Aunt Funaho, and I were on a negotiation trip to the Star Empire. Father thought to arrange an alliance with them. Father knew that the oldest child of the Emporer and Empress was a girl; but Yosho was already betrothed to me at the time.

"Welcome to the Star Kingdom, your Majesties."

"We are glad to be here; and I hope the alliance will work out."

We were immediately led to a large room, where we were to meet the Emporer and Empress. My parents and Aunt and the Star rulers immediately started talking peace negotiations; so I was almost immediately bored. Letting my eyes wander, I noticed a young girl about my age sitting on the other side of the room. She had raven black hair, and was dressed very richly.

Being the bold young child I was, I walked right over there to introduce myself.

"Hello, I'm Ayeka, the Crown Princess of Jurai. Who are you?" She looked up at me, sapphire eyes showing startlement.

"I am Ashli Crystaline, the Crown Princess of the Star Empire. You are here with your parents for the peace talks?"

I nodded, then noticed the creature in her lap. I recognized the kitten as a White Cheetah; they only existed in the Star Empire.

"Is she yours?" The girl nodded.

*End Flashback*

"Ayeka!? Wake up Ayeka!" Startled, I looked up to see Ashli's blue eyes looking down at me.

"W-What happened? I must have dozed off. I'm sorry Ashli." Feeling something licking my hand, I looked down. It was Ashli's White Cheetah, Sapphire. Like her mistress, the cat had blue eyes.

"You really shouldn't have run out like that, you know." Looking over to Ashli, I saw seriousness in her face, as well as a hint of amusement.

"And why shouldn't I have?"

"Well, you could have made a bigger scene than that, I'm sure. You didn't act that way with that Prince Kazul person."

Memories of one of my older suitors made me laugh. "No I didn't, did I?"

"Hehe, you screamed and locked yourself in your room, swearing to Tsunami that you wouldn't come out until your father called off the engagement."

We laughed like younger girls, and sat there talking for hours, her pet cheetah sitting by our feet.

----Days Later

Nothing I could do could call off this marriage. Even Tenchi, Ryoko, and everyone else tried to help. It was no use.

I was to marry this Prince by the next full moon.

Preparations for the marriage had mostly been handled before I got there; the only things not taken care of were my dress, and the Grand Ballroom; where my father was to marry me.

During the days of these final preparations, father had ordered me to get to know the prince.

Once again though, I was sitting in the garden. Sapphire had been roaming around the garden, the full grown cat coming to sit over next to me when I went to sit down.

"Well, hello there Princess." Turning quickly at the smooth voice, I saw Prince Maladin standing there, a smile plastered to his face.

"Good afternoon Maladin. Would you like a seat?" I spoke with as little emotion as possible, though I could not be outright rude. Sitting next to my feet, Sapphire growled at the man.

"Why...thank you princess. What is that cat doing here?" he jerked his head in Sapphire's direction.

"That cat, as you so put it, belongs to Princess Ashli." Sapphire seemed to nod her head in agreement, and stared hard at the prince.

"Yes, well, I came here, because I wanted to give you something." Maladin brought my attention to a small cage.

Inside the box, was what looked like a black ball of fur. "What is it?"

He chuckled, an eerie sound. Reaching down to the cage, he opened it, taking the ball of fur out. "This little girl comes from my planet, Obsidian. Its related to the Earths panther."

The little puff-ball looked out from its curled position, and looked at me. Bright, deep, amythist-purple eyes stared at me, the only other visible color on it was its miniature pink nose.

Gasping with surprise, I took the kitten when it was handed to me. "Why...thank you. She's absolutely beautiful!"

"I was hoping you would think so." He seemed to want to say more, but didn't. Instead, he looked up, seeing someone approaching us.

Turning, I saw who it was.

It was Tenchi.

With Ryoko.

--------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ch.7 complete! >.< Am I evil or what? What can possibly be going on? What will happen next? Review plz, and find out in Ch.8 of Perfect Princess!!

---Lady Sapphire