Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect Princess ❯ Ch. 8 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Ch.8 : Giving In
Lady Sapphire

------
"I am...I." Chibi Chibi, "Sailor Moon StarS Manga #2
-----

A/N: things in // are spoken in another language.

-----

Tenchi....with Ryoko.....why now?

The brown haired young man was locked in a passionate kiss with the cyan-haired space pirate; both seemed oblivious to anything and anyone around them.

I felt like I was being shattered. Even though I would be married to Prince Maladin tomorrow; this was something I had not expected.

I wanted to run; but I was frozen. A small moan escaped me; they heard. Both of them turned towards the prince and I.

"A-Ayeka! W-W--What are you doing out here!?" Tenchi was overall surprised to see me.

Was it true then? Did he love Ryoko?

I could not help notice the smug look on Ryoko's face, her gold-colored eyes shining with triumph.

Prince Maladin stood up. "Well, now I know why Emporer Azusa wants her married to someone other than an Earthling. Earth men will no sooner pick up another female whether he is married or not. Hmph. Come Princess, lets go somewhere else."

As sad as I was, I nodded. The two of us stood, the little panther cub in my arms, and we started walking off. I could hear Tenchi calling to us; but we didn't stop.

I was oblivious to my surroundings until we did finially stop again. We were in another part of the garden, one that was more private. Many different trees covered the area, the majority of them just beginning to bloom. Maladin looked down at me; he being nearly a foot taller than me. As much as I wanted to cry, I couldn't.

"I am sorry that you had to see your friends like that Princess. I had heard from your mother and aunt that you loved the boy."

The sound came out as a small whisper. "Yes."

"If I could have, I would have stopped the wedding, so that you could marry the man of your choice, but both ruling family parties were adamant about it."

This time, I only gave a short, simple nod.

"I also know that you could never love me; not the way with him. But I'm hoping, that maybe, we could be friends. At least to the point where we get along, and can rule this Empire together."

Looking at him, he seemed actually...kind. The way I had seen him over the past few days, he seemed...arrogant and...evil.

I felt a small smile tug at my lips. "I think we could work for that goal."

We stayed and talked for a while, just getting to know each other.

***That night...

Ashli walked down the long hallways of the castle, trying to tire herself out. She was just to..jittery to sleep.

*Something about Maladin just isn't right...*

Her cheetah, Sapphire, walked quietly next to her. The cat seemed to read her mistress's thoughts, and nodded.

They were going by Prince Maladins room, when they heard voices.

*Hmm...thats not any language I've ever heard...*

Noticing the door open a crack, both cat and girl crept up to the door to listen in. Maladin was in a furious argument with someone on a hologram device.

Using what Sasami dubbed her 'mind powers', Ashli looked through Maladin's mind, so she could understand the language.

/...Just give me two more days! Princess Ayeka and I will be married, and she will have had a tragic 'accident' on the honeymoon. Then the Jurian Empire will be yours, and we will rule it together, and then take the Star Empire!/

The woman in the hologram sneered down at him coldly. Her long, purple-black hair fell almost to the floor; her hair nearly matching the color of her dress. Dark green eyes looked like daggers shooting at him.

/You are a pathetic fool Maladin. I will give you two days, and two days only, starting at midnight. By the stroke of midnight on the second day, she had better be gone, or I wll kill you both!/

Ashli watched as he bowed to Lady Onyx, her archrival.

/Do not worry. You will soon be Empress of both the Shadow Kingdom, and the Jurian Empire. And then, the Star Empire. I will not fail you mistress./

She nodded. /Good. See that you don't./ The hologram disappeared.

As Ashli took in all this information, she gasped. Maladin, hearing the sound, turned. Ashli tried to get away, but tripped over the hem of her gown.

Maladin had come out of his room, some guards from the Shadow Kingdom with him.

"Ah, little Empress. How nice of you to drop by on such a night."

The Star ruler scowled, her blue eyes filled with disgust. Sapphire quickly stood infront of her mistress, growling, the hackles on her neck raised to a 90 degree angle.

"You are a fool Maladin. You will never get away with this!"

Like earlier, he chuckled; a cold, evil sound. "My dear, such dramatism. Why, I already have gotten away with this. But, sadly, you will not be here for the wedding; you know to much. Oh, poor Ayeka will be *so* dissapointed. If I'm not mistaken, you were to be the Maid of Honor. Take her."

Before she could react, the guards had her up, one holding each arm; the third guard was after Sapphire.

The cheetah swiped at him, leaving a long gash down his arm.

/Ow! Come here you crazy feline!/

One of the guards saw Ashli struggling hard to get away, took out his sword. Maladin noticed too.

"Stop, you fool. She will be worh nothing if she is dead. Take her to my ship, and lock her up. Best to knock her out."

She glared at him. /Amne'si ca suos./ Ashli hoped he knew what that meant in her language.

He did.

The last thing she saw was his smug grin, before she blacked out.

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : O_o Aren't I cruel? Find out what happens in Ch. 9! Review plz!!!!! =^.^= --Lady Saph

Once again, thanks for all the awesome support everyone!!