Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Sayoko Saga ❯ Book One: Death Part IV ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


The Sayoko Saga
Book One: Death
Part IV
by Devon Masterson
 
“Do they suspect anything?” Tokimi asked as her hooded servant kneeled before her.
“They suspect nothing, my lady,” the servant answered. “They are as they were before Lady Tsunami's corporeal body was destroyed.”
“Good,” Tokimi smiled as she shifted her eyes to her left. “You may leave.”
The servant nodded and left the planetarium. Once he left Tokimi turned her head to fully acknowledge Tsunami's presence. “They forgot about you my dear. Of course you only touched their lives briefly.”
“I am not forgotten,” Tsunami replied indignantly. “They have moved on, as they should.”
“Keep telling yourself that, dear,” Tokimi laughed as she disappeared.
Tsunami narrowed her eyes. She hadn't been able to figure out what her sister was exactly up to. All she knew she seemed very interested in her family. The whole thing was vexing. At first she thought Tokimi was after Washu again, but she had plenty of opportunities to grab her and did not even make an attempt. All of the constant surveillance was bringing about nothing but longing. She missed everyone and seeing them go on about their lives without her was becoming harder and harder. She thought about appearing to Tenchi several times to let him know that she was alive but without a corporeal body. How would she explain that to him so that he would understand and not be tortured? At least with him thinking that she was dead, would provide him with the chance to move on instead of staying faithful to a inter-dimensional being with no real way to be with him.
“I should have told him,” she thought. Now she had to be tortured as she watched his memory of her fade as he got on with his life. The only way she could be with him again would to bond with someone else on the brink of death or life… “She's after the baby!”
***
“This is the life,” Ryoko commented as she sat under the tree lazily. She rubbed her swollen belly. “Two more moths before you make your entrance.”
“What's that, Ryoko?” Tenchi asked
“I was just talking to the baby,” Ryoko answered as she leaned on his shoulder.
“What did Washu say about the baby your last check up?” he asked.
“Tenchi,” Tsunami called as she appeared in front of them. “She's after the baby! You must be careful.”
“Tsunami…where did you?” he began as he looked in shock.
“There's no time to explain right now,” she commented as her appearance wavered. “Tokimi is after the baby. It's the perfect choice since the child will have Jurai powers as well as Ryoko's powers.”
“Why would it have Jurai powers…” Tenchi began when his mind flashed back to the night after his birthday and he put two and two together. “Ryoko, you're carrying my baby?”
Ryoko still in shock from seeing Tsunami snapped to attention. “I thought you knew Tenchi. You said Washu told you and that you were behind me one hundred percent.”
“I thought the baby was someone else's. I didn't know…”
“I see I shall have to implement my plan sooner than expected,” Tokimi snickered as she appeared. “Come with me, Ryoko, I have great plans for the baby.”
“No, don't touch me,” Ryoko replied as she backed away from Tenchi and Tokimi. This was some sort of horrible nightmare that was getting more and more complicated. Ryoko started to float away.
“You can't escape me that easily,” Tokimi smiled as she faded from sight.
“Stay away from her, Tokimi,” Tenchi called as he ran after them.
Ryoko floated to the ground and started to breathe hard. She wasn't up to the same physical activity she once was. Sure, she could still outperform any human, but someone like Tokimi would be a challenge, a challenge she couldn't risk. “Good, I lost her,” Ryoko thought as she looked around. She had to get somewhere and think about everything.
“I'm almost home,” she noticed. She had flown farther than she thought no wonder she was so tired. It had been awhile since she flew so fast, but she couldn't let Tokimi catch her. She started to walk cautiously to the mansion. As she got behind the walls of the estate, she felt the hairs stand up on her neck as if warning her. She turned around quickly and everything went black.
 
“Washu, you've got to find her,” Tenchi urged as he stood behind the red-haired genius.
“I can't get a fix on her anywhere and I can't tell where she is from our mind link. She must be unconscious.”
“Unconscious!” Tenchi cried as he started pacing Ryo-ohki's deck. “This is my fault. I couldn't protect her.” “This is how I lost Tsunami.”
“She's okay, Tenchi, and it's not your fault,” Washu replied.
The others nodded in agreement. “We'll find her, Tenchi!”
“Maybe Tsunami knows where they are,” Tenchi suggested suddenly as he looked around. Tsunami had to have been watching the whole time to know so much. He would just have to take a chance that she was watching now. “Tsunami, where are they?”
“How would she..” Kyone asked when she saw Tsunami appear faintly.
“Tenchi, come to the center of the universe. It's the only place she can possibly take possession,” Tsunami answered. She had been listening to the whole exchange in silence. He was always so passionate just liked she remembered, but there seemed to be something more. Ryoko gave him something that she was not able to give him. Even though she knew it was wrong, she could not help but feel a twinge of jealousy. “And for what it's worth I'm sorry.” She faded away.
“The center of the universe?” Mihoshi asked curiously. “Well that'll be easy to find. All we have to do is keep going straight.”
Kyone shook her head in annoyance. “The universe doesn't have a center or any other directing for that matter.”
“Oh,” Mihoshi commented. “How are we going to find Ryoko then?”
“Perhaps the center of the universe is the section of the universe where the dimensional lines converge,” Washu suggested. “Tsunami and Tokimi are inter-dimensional beings, they don't truly exist…well not here anyway. That's why Tsunami was so faint when she appeared to us then, she would have to have a corporeal body to actually be in this dimension.”
“Then let's go, there's no telling what she might do,” Tenchi urged.
“Right on it,” Washu replied as she laid in a course.
Ryo-ohki meowed as she started to follow Washu's course. Within minutes they reach an area of space that seemed to be another world all it's own. Ryo-ohki landed on a large mass that appeared to be a land with a river running through it. It had a strange surreal beauty about it.
“The mass seems to have it's own atmosphere, we should have no problem breathing here without our suits,” Washu commented as they prepared to beam down. “I don't know what's out there though. The life form readings are off the wall.”
They all nodded and prepared for a possible trap. Ryo-ohki beamed them down then changed into her lower energy form. “What is this place?” Tenchi asked.
“I've never seen anything like it,” Kyone commented as she looked around.
“I've been here before,” Washu whispered as she dropped to her knees.
“Washu-chan, are you all right?” Tenchi asked as he held her.
“I'm fine, Tenchi. I just felt weird all of a sudden.” She pushed him away and stood to her feet.
“Welcome back, Lady Washu,” a male voice greeted.
“Huh?” Washu asked dumbfounded. She had the eeriest sense of de ja vu ever since she stepped foot on to the surreal world. She was almost completely sure she had never been here before, but she couldn't shake it.
An apparition of a face appeared before them. “It has been over twenty thousand years…”
“I don't know who you are, but we don't have time formalities now. Where is Tokimi?”
“In the throne room with Lady Ryoko,” the herald answered.
“Take us there,” Washu ordered with confidence.
“How do you know we can trust him?” Tenchi asked lowly.
“I can't explain, but I just know we can,” Washu answered.
The herald closed his eyes and they were engulfed in a light…
 
Ryoko opened her eyes and looked up at a smiling Tokimi. “You're finally awake.”
“Don't hurt my baby,” Ryoko pleaded softly as she started to back away. Just once she would like a shot at leading a some what normal life with Tenchi, but that was all messed up now. Tokimi already ruined her life. She was not going to get her baby if she had anything to do with it! “If you do I will find away to kill you.”
“I have no intention of hurting you, Ryoko-chan, or should I say mother.”
“Hell that,” Ryoko sneered as she tried pull her hands from above her head.
“You won't be getting out anytime soon,” she smiled.
“Tokimi, don't do this,” Tsunami begged.
“Tsunami, help me!” Ryoko called.
“She can't help you,” Tokimi laughed. “Her powers are equal to mine only the intervention of an underling would give her a fighting chance. Speaking of underlings, your friends are on their way here.”
“Tokimi!” Tsunami called out as Tokimi's essence faded.
“No!” Ryoko screamed as she pulled at her bonds. She broke free as Tokimi's essence entered her body. She started to shake violently as the possession took place then stopped suddenly. Ryoko leaned against a wall for support as she felt her energy drain away from her. “Why!” She stared at Tsunami evilly.
“Ryoko…”
“I don't want to hear it,” she yelled as she dropped to her knees. “I hate you.” She dropped her head to the floor in an effort to deal with the grief. She could feel the warmth in her stomach grow and surge through out her body. The baby wasn't even born yet and already she had let it down.
“There was nothing I could do,” Tsunami said softly.
“Bull shit,” Ryoko cursed as she lifted her head and cut Tsunami with her eyes. “You were jealous that I was still alive and I could give him the one thing that weren't able to.” Her breath became ragged as she made all of her feelings known.
“I..”
“I don't want to hear it,” Ryoko yelled. Pain suddenly shot through her lower abdomen. She was going into labor early. She laid on her back. She was feeling even more woozy as she tried to deliver the baby on her own. She pushed with all her might and brought the baby out into the world. She held the baby gingerly as her ears started to ring. She felt someone touch her. Ryoko turned her head in what seemed like slow motion. “Tenchi,” she whispered, “I know you hate me, but take care of our little girl.”
Tenchi's eyes widened and he made some sort of plea that Ryoko could not hear. It almost looked like “I love you,” but he seemed too far away to hear. She tried to fight her way back to him but with every step forward she made, he became twice as far away. She had to know what he said. His eyes seemed so worried. He had such kind eyes that made you feel like even if no one else cared a damn about you he did.
Tears streamed down Tenchi's face as he felt Ryoko's grip slacken. He thought he had gotten through to her when she grabbed his arm a moments ago. Now things had turned for the worst. “Washu, help her….please.”
“There's…there's nothing I can do,” Washu sniffed. She could sense nothing from Ryoko through their familial link. She just felt emptiness and there was nothing she could do. She arrived to late and failed Ryoko again.
“Tsunami, I know you can hear me,” Tenchi called. “Help Ryoko please. I know you know a way.”
“I can't,” Tsunami replied as she appeared before him.
“Can't or won't?” Tenchi asked coldly as he held the baby against his chest. The baby appeared to be fine and healthy.
Tsunami gasped at his accusation. She looked away from Tenchi. “I love you,” she replied then stood beside Ryoko and laid on top of her. A blue light surround Ryoko as Tsunami's essence joined with Ryoko. Tenchi sighed as Ryoko started to breathe low shallow breaths. He shook her softly and got no response of any kind. “Why didn't it work?” Tenchi asked.
“She is rejecting Lady Tsunami,” the herald answered. “However her will to live is strong, as is Lady Tsunami's.”
“What can we do?” Washu asked.
“Nothing, Lady Washu,” the herald replied. “The condition of her body will not change until the conflict is resolved.”
“Why are they in conflict?” Tenchi asked incredulously.
“Only one personality can be dominant and they have both have a reason to be the one who dominates, and that reason is you, Tenchi.”
 
Note:
That's kind of messed up, huh? Two women are fighting over him and the loser is rubbed out of existence and there is nothing he can do about it. Hope you enjoy the next book ;p
D-chan
 
 
© 2000 Devon Masterson.
Another Bond Girl Production
I think we know who belongs to who, Tenchi characters belong to the wonderful creators, who let me borrow the characters for fun and imagination. Everybody else is a figment of my wonderful imagination.