Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Tenchi Muyo: Assassins Past. ❯ Ryoko Gets A JOB! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

#3 "I suggest you let me see Lady Tokimi"
The guardian, a breaded face, looked at this figure, clothed in mainly black cloaks, but also white, and wearing dark shades.
"Lady Tokimi is busy, why must you talk to her?"
"You'll see…"
"I demand you…," The Guardian looked preoccupied, as though someone was talking to him, then continued, "She will now see you, Lord Fate…"
The room changed, to show all of space, but at the same time, to conceal all of space, to be light, but leave everything in shadows. Among the shadows clear silhouettes could be made out of two women, in front of these was The Goddess, Lady Tokimi.
"Fate, it is good to see you once again, I have missed you."
"Yes, and I have missed you too, dear…"
After saying this, the figure removed his shades, to reveal his eyes, which were not eyes, but holes, holes to the entire universe. The figure faded, and Fate appeared by his wife. Behind him, silhouettes of two men appeared, both cloaked.
Fate smiled at Lady Tomiki, then frowned as his glaze looked past the shadows, and saw another silhouette. When he spoke, his words her in a snarl.
"So her ascension approaches…"
"Yes it does, I feel her, and also "his" ascension approaches too."
Fate frowned even more, and glanced behind him. There was a man's shadow behind his too.
"We must act quickly to prevent this, as I do not will it, it is not Fate… This is most likely The Lady's doing, but she does not always win. Come with me, my Dear."
They leave.

It was morning after the attack by Team Mecha, and Ryoko was awake early again. This time she was cooking. Ryo Ohki was sitting nearby, looking curious.
"Ok Ryo Ohki, time for you to take a taste!"
Ryo Ohki looked up at Ryoko with a worried face. She could still remember pervious encounters with Ryoko's cooking. Although this smelled a great deal nicer, she was still uncertain.
"Please? Look, I can't taste it myself, as I can't taste, full stop…. >sigh<"
Ryoko could taste sometimes, but not most of the time. She seemed to remember this was because of the fact masses had been used to make her, or something… Mind you, Ryo Ohki could taste… "oh well…" she thought to herself, as she looked down at her pot of the dish she had been working on, "this probably won't taste very nice anyway… I mean, I just seemed to remember this recipe, but if I couldn't cook before, why is there any reason for this dish to taste any better, just because I have remembered it. I must just made it up, and am trying to fool myself into thinking this is a dish… But that smell, wait… smell? I couldn't smell most of the time either… So…"
Ryoko picked up a spoon, and ate a little of her cooking. She could taste it, for once, yes, this taste, it was… familiar… She smiled. Ryo Ohki took this smile to mean it wasn't poisonous, so had a taste herself. Ryoko had put a little extra carrot in this version, though she seemed to remember the carrot was not meant to be there. When Ryoko had looked down, she saw a empty dish.
"That good, Ay?"
She smiled. This was something she had remembered. She packed up some ingredients, and cooking appliances, and left a note on the fridge. Then she set off.

Tenchi Yawned loudly. He was welcomed down by Sasami.
"Morning Tenchi, breakfast will be ready soon."
"Morning Sasami,"
"Meoww!"
"Morning Ryo Ohki. Hey, is Ryoko still asleep? She must of got some good sleep last night for once…"
"No Tenchi, she's gone out."
The little girl stopped attending to the cooking pot, and handed Tenchi a letter.
"Oh… Oh… Well, I suppose she has done most of the chores already, right?"
"Yes Tenchi, she says so on the letter…"
"Oh well, ha ha… Doesn't say where she has gone though… Oh well…"
Sasami went to the base of the stairs and called for the other, with the message, breakfast was ready. The others came down sleepily, and began eating. Yosho looked preoccupied.
"Hhhmm it is coming up to the time we would usually go to the hot springs… Although, we will probably have to work, like we were last time… If she phones up, We must check it isn't a trick first…"
"It is a few weeks till that time yet Granpa, besides, I think we about finished last time…"
"I wouldn't be so sure…"
"Hhmm true… she will probably not let us back at all…"
Sasami sighed.
"That's a shame, it was nice last time…"
Ryo Ohki meowed her agreement. The others didn't look so sure. They had had to work to pay for the damage caused by their trip there the year before that. All of them apart from Sasami and Ryo Ohki, as they were young, and Washu, who acted innocently young to escape the fate of the others. Though the year before had been nice till Ryoko and Ayeka had started a fight, which caused the work the following year.
Mihoshi looked puzzled.
"Where's Ryoko?"
"Out."
Ayeaka looked angry.
"How dare she leave us with all the work!"
"But she has already done it all…," Sasami reminded her, in a content way, shaking her finger at her older sister.
"……..Oh yeah…," remember Ayeka, sweat drops appearing.
Just then the door bell sounds, leaving everyone with a surprised look on their faces. Sasami was the first to ask the question on everyone's mind.
"Who could that be?"
Then the bell sounded again and again repeatedly. Then in a tune. Tenchi stood up.
"I'll get it."
"No wait a while, I recognise this song! It's my favourite!"
Everyone looked at Mihoshi, sweat drops appearing. Tenchi went to get the door.
"Good Day , My Good Sir, is the one know as Ryoko present at this place of residence?," asked one of the two figures standing at the door. Tenchi looked at them, as he tried to figure out what they had said exactly, as it was still the morning, and Tenchi had not been up for very long. They had jet black hair, combed to their heads, and expressions that showed grins and evil intentions. Well not evil, more mischievous intentions. Tenchi now registered what they had said.
"No, Ryoko is not at home." He decided to play along with them, "Who, shall I tell her Ladyship, has called here, requesting audience with her, while she was away?"
"Nah Tenchi, we can find her ourselves."
Tenchi blinked.
"But for you, we shall do our intro anyway!"
By now everyone else had come to the door to see what had been taking Tenchi so long.
"We…."
"……...Are….."
"……………...The Two of a Kind!"
"………………..The Masters of Mischief!"
"We…."
"……...Are…."
"…………….Twin Blade!-Bill!"
"………………………….-Be n!"
While they said this they preformed some kind of flip where they "walked" upwards using the other's feet as their own ground. Their audience looked on, puzzled, and again sweat drops appeared as they finished in a strange pose and stayed in that pose for a long time. Mihoshi started clapping, excitedly.
"Bravo Bravo Encore!!!"
"Well we must be off, sorry no encore!"
"Bye Tenchi, Sasami, Ayeka, Yosho, Mihoshi, Er.. Tenchi's Dad, and of course you little Ryo Ohki!"
"er…Bye…"
"Meeooow!"
Ryo Ohki waved a paw at them, clearly happy to have seen them. Tenchi wondered who they were, a complex expression coming onto his face. Obviously they were not here to do anything of malice towards Ryoko, Ryo Ohki was too clearly happy to see them, and he tended to be more of a target than Ryoko anyway. They certainly looked like they knew Ryoko, and the cabbit's excitement was yet more evidence of this. But when? Again Tenchi wondered about Ryoko's past, and realised how little he knew about it.
"Weren't those Assassins?"
Tenchi looked up, his chain of thought broken by Ayeka's words.
"Huh? What?"
"Oh they're Twin Blade, they are, but they like mucking around more than killing, and have little need to do any real work, as they family is loaded. I like them, They are so funny! Although they do have some jokes I don't understand, like a joke about a 9 inch pianist, and a hard of hearing fair-"
Mihoshi stopped mid-word when Ayeaka held her hand over her mouth.
"I can explain that joke to you later…"
Washu, who had not bothered to come to the door, had now come.
"Er… Who was it?"
Her question was answered when Ben appeared next to her, and shout in her ear,
"HELLO MRS RYOKO'S MUM!!!!!"
This confirmed they were sort of friends of Ryoko. It also left Washu looked very surprised, during which time Ben disappeared again.
Once she had recovered, Washu muttered, "Twin Blade, oh great… Those Clowns…" She then went back to her labs.
Everyone watched her. At the door she turned round, and gave everyone a stare to break them from their spell. It worked and everyone went off again.

Ryoko was cooking. Now and then she would leave the kitchen to take orders. She was at the hot springs. She was quite surprised at herself for having taken up a "job", but as she kept telling herself, Tenchi would be proud. She was hunched over her work, when suddenly she felt her back become suddenly heavier.
"HELLLO~RYOKO!!!"
She easy could take the extra weight though. More weight was added.
"Heeelllo Ryoko-ko-ko-ko!!!!!"
She staggered slightly.
"Hello Bill and Ben the Flower pot men."
"Hey she does remember us Ben!"
"You're Ben, I'm Bill! Hey we aren't heavy enough, hey madame, could you jump on Ben's back? We are trying to make Ryoko fall over."
The old women who owned the hot springs stared at the two men on Ryoko's back. She had had misgivings about hiring Ryoko, since she had caused most of the damage before. But there was something about her now. But these two characters were making her think twice.
"They're old friends, whom I have not seen for a long while," said Ryoko sensing her stare. She shrugged the pair off, and glared at them. "Now what are you two doing here? Well since you are here why don't you have a table and eat? I do hope you brought some money."
"Mmmmm one of Ryoko's dishes, now you have recovered the nack! Can't wait, can we Bill?"
"No, >ahem< Why Are We Waitin->oof<"
Ryoko had nudged them. ">sigh< If you two expect to be fed, you are going to have to quiet down. You two have not changed at all, after…" Ryoko stopped. She knew these two like the back of her hand, but she couldn't remember where she knew them from. "All these centuries…" She ended, as that was the closest she could estimate.
"Yeah Thankies Ryoko, we're just go and sit down…," they said, knowing it was best to leave her for now. They went and sat at a table outside, where they were stopped by someone in the shadows, who muttered,
"Oh great, not those two brainless clowns… Well at least I not might have some entertainment." That man had not been served by Ryoko. Instead he had grabbed the attention of the spring's owner instead, seeming important. She didn't know who he was, but he had seemed to have a sort of Grandeur about him. He frowned and continued eating.