Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Tenchi's True Love ❯ Confrontation ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tenchi's True Love

Chapter 2: The Confrontation

Tenchi sighed as he slumped into a corner of his room he held his head in his arms. At least here he was safe, for the moment anyway. He could hear the muffled talking of the girls below. The whining of Mihoshi, the screaming between Ayeka and Kyonne, the quiet ask for peace from Sasami. Why him? Was it the Jurian blood that flowed through his veins, was it the fact that he was revered as one of the most powerful beings in the Universe. They were both very good reasons, but it might be a simple answer, he was handsome. He chuckled to himself, knowing that his fiancée and child were down there amidst the mess downstairs; hopefully Sakuya was still feeding Mayuka.

It had all started when he had told them the news...

"Girls, I have an announcement"

The table that was once loud in discussions between Washu and Ayeka fell silent. Tenchi stood up and cleared his throat

"Girls, I plan to marry Sakuya"

The table, that was once full of chattering once again, the news not taking affect. But then it hit them.

"WHAT!!!!" Ryoko and Ayeka roared at the same time.

Tenchi fell back at the roaring girls; he stood and scratched his head slightly.

"Well Mayuka needs a mother, and I feel like Sakuya is the one for the job"

Ayeka looked shocked

"Tenchi are you forgetting that she tried to kill us all"

"No Ayeka I remember quite well what happened, but she is a different person now. Washu please help me"

Washu stood, pulling on her instructor clothes and pulled a chalkboard out of a hole in her dimension.

Washu fixed her glasses onto her face

"Well it is quite simple, shown here"

She pointed her pointer at a picture of Yugi

"Seen here, this is Yugi..."

Ryoko growled and stood up

"We already know that Washu..."

Suddenly a huge teddy bear came out of nowhere hitting Ryoko in the head. Ryoko slowly sat back down in her chair. Washu glared at her...

"Now as I was saying, Sakuya was once Yugi. But since Lord Tenchi stopped Yugi from killing us all, I, being the great genius that I am, placed her in an incubation chamber that allowed her to grow up. I knew that Yugi would grow up to be Sakuya, but I didn't expect her to come back with her memories. The love that she has for Lord Tenchi was real, and now I see that. "

She sat back down, bowing slightly to the claps of the family. Ayeka sat quietly, tears streaming down her face.

"We must all agree with Lord Tenchi's wishes, Lord Tenchi you have my blessings"

Sasami stood, a big smile on her freckled face

"A wedding, how fun. Can I be in it?"

Tenchi smiled

"Of course you can"

"And Ryo-Ohki too?"

"And Ryo-Ohki too"

Sasami clapped, as Ryo-Ohki jumped up on Tenchi's shoulder purring against his cheek. Tenchi laughed at the silly cabbit

"Thank you Ryo-Ohki"

Kyonne and Mihoshi sat in silence finally Mihoshi spoke up

"Does that mean we will have to leave"

Tenchi looked shocked...

"No no, I don't want any of you to go anywhere. I want for all of you to live here with me, for as long as you want"

Washu chimed in

"That's all because of me. I am the smartest woman in the universe."

"Yes thank you Washu"

Washu smiled

"Well I better go back to work, oh Lord Tenchi I still want that sample from you"

She cackled to herself as she opened the door to her lab and closed it. Tenchi blushed a deep red.

The only one that wouldn't speak to him was Ryoko. Tenchi walked over and placed a hand on her shoulder

"Please Ryoko, say something"

Ryoko's body just shook, tears streaming down her face

"Don't touch me," she growled

Tenchi's hand snapped back as Ryoko stood up

"I wont have any part in this"

She floated off, disappearing through a wall. Tenchi just stood there, watching the wall, half expecting her to come back through, but somewhere he knew that she wouldn't be back.

He turned and walked up the stairs, sighing softly to himself.

That was all an hour ago. Ryoko had left and hadn't been back, but Tenchi knew eventually she would be back. The door to his room slowly creaked open and in crawled Mayuka. She was so funny; she pushed the door open with her head, and entered slowly, looking around, she then seeing Tenchi she took off like a shot to him, crawling fast at him.

Tenchi clapped his hands, which made her crawl faster, almost throwing herself into his arms.

"Dayee"

Tenchi smiled and hugged her

"Did Mayuka have a good lunch?"

Mayuka had her face buried into Tenchi's shoulder he could feel her nod. She was already getting sleepy; he checked his watch knowing that it was almost time for her nap. She yawned as Sakuya walked in

'Here you are. It seems to me that the girls took it rather well"

"Yeah all of them except Ryoko"

He looked down Sakuya walked over and sat down on the floor beside him. Mayuka shifted in his arms, he knew that he had to hold her so she would go to sleep. He leaned his head down he could smell the shampoo in Mayuka's hair, Mayuka stuck her thumb in her mouth and began to suck it softly. Sakuya could tell that Tenchi was upset; she kissed him on the cheek

"Are you halving second thoughts?"

"God no"

She smiled and kissed him again

"She will be back, she always comes back"

Mayuka crawled up to cling to Tenchi's shoulder

"Yeah but I may not be here, the way she crawls"

Sakuya laughed quietly, placing a hand on Mayuka's back

"You don't mind being her mother?"

Sakuya smiled sweetly

"Tenchi, I know about her, and I know how much you care for her. I almost think of her as my own already"

Tenchi kissed her softly

"Thank you"

They sat there in total silence watching Mayuka sleep. She was still too young, but she knew that now she had parents, that loved her greatly...

Elsewhere...

Ryoko sat on the roof to the shrine, tears streaming down her face. Tenchi was in love, and it wasn't to her. She had to do something, even if that meant stopping the wedding, kidnapping, or even killing. Tenchi deserved to be hers, and she wasn't about to do anything to let him go without a fight.

___________________________________________________________ _________

Oooh this isn't good. They say Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman's Scorn. What does Ryoko plan to do? Only time will tell...

Next up: Wedding plans

I remain
X