Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Tenchi Twins ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tenchi of the future switches places with Tenchi of the past, cue chaos. TenchixRyoko

Tenchi Twins: Part I

Episode 01: No Need for Future Tenchi in the Past

A small figure with violet eyes watched over a house. "It's gotten quiet," she muttered disapprovingly. Tokimi, in her child form, approached the house and passed through the roof. One of the rooms was occupied by a sleeping couple. "I wonder what Tenchi would say if anyone told him he'd end up with Ryoko back then," she grinned mischievously, "I wonder..."

xoxox xox xoxox

In the Masaki house, at the present time Tenchi woke up to find Ryoko asleep floating above his bed. "What are you doing sleeping like that, Ryoko?"

"Huh? Who? What? Where? Tenchi!" Ryoko stopped floating, falling on top of Tenchi. "I was protecting you!"

Tenchi blinked, he wasn't sure what he could possibly need to be protected from. "I see, but isn't it more comfortable to sleep on the bed instead of floating above it?"

"But you told me not to get into bed with you anymore," Ryoko noted that she had been lying on top of Tenchi for nearly a minute and he had not complained in the least.

"What are you talking about? You always sleep with me," it was perfectly natural, after all they were husband and wife.

Ryoko stared at Tenchi closely, "something's different, I knew I shouldn't have fallen asleep during my watch, who are you and what have you done with Tenchi?"

"I am Tenchi," he replied, confused that Ryoko was acting so strangely.

Without another word, Ryoko grabbed Tenchi, carrying him under her arm like one would carry a small box, and disappeared to reappear in Washu's laboratory. "Washu! There's a problem with Tenchi!"

"What are you doing Ryoko? You're acting so strange today and when did you come back Washu? I thought you were still at the reunion," poor future Tenchi had no idea he had been thrown into the past.

"You see?" Ryoko held up Tenchi as if showing Washu a puppy, "he's saying weird things and not being himself."

"Alright, alright!" Washu's holographic laptop appeared before her. "I'll examine Tenchi on one condition, you have to call me mommy."

"There's no time for that!" Ryoko protested, but Washu ignored her and hummed to herself until Ryoko gave in, "fine, mommy, tell me what's wrong with Tenchi." As happy as Ryoko was that Tenchi didn't mind being close to her, she had to make sure he was okay and that this was the real Tenchi.

"Okay, put him in the machine," after Washu hit a few keys in her holographic laptop, a strange looking machine came up from a secret door that opened on the floor. The machine looked like a water-less giant fish tank with wires all over it.

Ryoko deposited Tenchi inside the tank while he continued trying to comprehend what in the world was going on. He knew there was no sense in struggling in these situations. He could only hope that after Washu's examination, he would get some answers.

The tank that held Tenchi was filled with red laser lights, coming in many different directions from the wires. A green line of light went up and down several times, before Washu finally muttered, "interesting," and delivered the results. "This is the real Tenchi alright. You see, his Jurian blood causes him to age slowly, that's why he doesn't look very different, but he's actually twenty-five years older then he should be in our present time."

"Twenty five years," Tenchi repeated in confusion.

"Oh well, as long as he's the real Tenchi I don't mind how old he is," Ryoko scooped him out of the tank and hugged him.

"It seems you have no idea how you got here, do you Tenchi? If I had to take a guess, I would say that the Tenchi from this time ended up in the future you came from," Washu theorized.

"Washu, can you fix this?" Tenchi didn't realize that he still had not pushed Ryoko away and that he actually had placed his arm around her waist. He didn't notice until he saw the blush on her face, accompanied by a happy grin and suddenly jumped away. "Sorry, Ryoko, I um..." he was used to Ryoko's constant displays of affection in the future, he was also used to returning them, but this was the Ryoko of the past, so that sort of mutual loving reaction was new to her.

"Tenchi!" Ryoko hugged him once more. "Before you told me that I always sleep with you, is that true in the future? Will it take a whole twenty-five years to get to that point? I don't mind if takes a hundred years to be with you, but it would be nice if you would shorten the wait."

"Now, now, Ryoko, give him some space," but of course Washu knew Ryoko wouldn't listen. "And yes, Tenchi I can fix this, I am a genius after all, so I should be able to come up with a nice new little time traveling device, but only if you call me little Washu!"

"Please fix this little Washu," Tenchi requested.

"I'll get to work on it right away," Washu agreed.

"Breakfast is ready!" Sasami's voice was heard calling.

Before they headed for breakfast, Tenchi stopped Ryoko, "listen Ryoko, about what I said before about us being together, don't tell anyone."

"Why not?" Ryoko asked, "I really want to see Ayeka's face when she finds out!"

"Please Ryoko, you'll mess up the past!" Tenchi watched as Ryoko gave his words some thought.

Finally, Ryoko nodded, understanding the importance of keeping quiet. "I get it, it all has to happen naturally with the Tenchi of the past, I have to continue winning his heart for the next twenty-five years!"

"I'm glad you understand it's best to keep things a secret, I'll be counting on you. Until this is fixed, I'll take my past self's place so avoid suspicion." Tenchi breathed deeply, maybe he shouldn't be telling Ryoko this, but he couldn't help it. "Just so you know, it didn't take twenty-five years for us to get married, we have seventeen year old twins in my time."

Ryoko's eyes lit up, a big smile taking over her face. "Marriage and twins! I'll marry my Tenchi and we'll have children, and they'll be twins!"

"Ryoko! Don't forget you have to keep it a secret. It might not even happen if you mess up the past," Tenchi knew he should have remained quiet.

It would still take a few years for their relationship to develop, but Ryoko was happy to know that it would happen; of course she still had to make it happen. She held her index finger over her mouth in the sign for silence, then gave an okay sign. Tenchi nodded, and they went to have breakfast.

Episode 02: No Need for Past Tenchi in the Future

Twenty-five years later, the younger Tenchi was just waking up. The first thing he noticed was that he was not alone in his bed and jumped in surprised, though he thought maybe he shouldn't have been surprised. "Ryoko, I told you not to sneak into my bed!"

Ryoko woke and yawned, "it's morning already? Good morning Tenchi!"

She attempted to hug him, but Tenchi backed away, "Ryoko, stop sneaking into my bed, it'll cause trouble!"

"Sneaking?" Ryoko looked at him curiously. "Why would I need to sneak into our own bed, isn't it normal for a husband and wife to share?"

"But we're not husband and wife," Tenchi argued.

"Of course we are! See? This is proof," Ryoko showed him her wedding ring, which she never took off. "Aren't you going to give me a good morning kiss like you always do?"

"Stop it Ryoko, you know it's not like that." Tenchi got out of bed, his face bright red.

"Mom! Dad! Breakfast is getting cold! Actually, it already got cold!" A girl called from down stairs.

"Who was that?" Tenchi wondered.

"Oh no, do you have amnesia?" Ryoko asked with genuine concern. "You don't remember that we're married and you don't recognize our daughter's voice. A fine time Washu picked to go to an academy reunion, just when you might be getting sick."

Tenchi wasn't sure how to make Ryoko understand that they were not married and did not have children. Then he caught sight of the picture on the nightstand. On the picture there was a couple with two small children, a boy and a girl. He then looked at the framed pictures hanging from the walls of the room, until he saw a picture of the wedding Ryoko claimed took place. He shook his head and assumed the pictures were fake, then went rushing downstairs.

"Tenchi, wait!" Ryoko went after him.

At the table, Tenchi did not find Sasami, Ayeka, Mihoshi or Kiyone, instead he found a girl who looked familiar even, if he was certain he had never seen her before. Her eyes were brown, much like his own, and her hair was the same color as Ryoko's, tied into a ponytail.

"Morning!" The girl spoke.

"Oh Tenko, it's terrible! Your father has amnesia!" Ryoko announced.

"Amnesia," Tenko repeated, "so you really don't remember anything, dad?"

Tenchi just stared at the girl, his confusion growing. "You called me dad."

"That's because you're my father," Tenko pointed out.

"That's it, I'm calling Washu over to fix Tenchi's memory problem. I can't have him not knowing who his wife is all the time," Ryoko walked over to the phone and dialed. It looked like an ordinary phone, but Washu had modified it so it would be used to communicate though the long distances of space.

"Hello this is little Washu!" Washu's voice answered.

"Washu, we have a problem, Tenchi has amnesia and doesn't remember me or the kids," Ryoko explained.

"What did you say? I can't hear you, there's seems to be something wrong with the call," Washu's voice was heard again.

"I said that Tenchi has amnesia!" Ryoko yelled into receiver.

"Oh that's right, the problem with this call is that I'm not around to answer it. Leave a message after the beep!" It had all been Washu's answering machine.

Ryoko twitched, squeezing the phone in her hand and a high pitched 'beep' sounded off. "It's Ryoko, call me back right away and change that answering machine message, its annoying!" She hung up, that was all that could be done for the time being. With any luck, Tenchi's amnesia would be cured on its own.

When Ryoko returned to the table, Tenko was telling her father a few stories, in hopes of helping him remember, but Tenchi knew nothing about those stories. "Sorry, but I don't remember any of that. I only remember staying up late studying for a test I had today at school. Oh no school! I better leave or I'll miss it!"

Ryoko stopped Tenchi, "weren't you listening? You already graduated, you don't need to go to school and you can't go to work with amnesia, so you're taking the day off. It's for your own good."

Tenchi sat down again and sighed, he wasn't sure how to handle this situation. "This is all very sudden, I'm still confused," the proof was all around, but he had no memories to go with it.

"My poor dear Tenchi, having to deal with a sudden case of amnesia," Ryoko hugged him. "It's alright; I'll spend the entire day with you and bring back your memories somehow." She whispered in his ear, "I think it would help you remember if we re-live our honey moon."

Tenchi blushed and slipped away, "Ryoko! Stop it!" She looked hurt and he immediately regretted it. "I'm sorry; I just don't remember any of the things I've been told that happened. I'm too confused right now."

"That's why I'm trying to help!" Ryoko was trying to help in her own way.

"I know," the table went silent for a few moments as they continued eating. "It's funny," Tenchi finally spoke, "but this food tastes exactly like Sasami's cooking."

"That's because it is Sasami's cooking," Tenko pointed out.

"That's right; Sasami always sends us breakfast all the way from Jurai. Her nephew usually delivers it using Washu's long distance teleporter," Ryoko explained. "I take care of making lunch and dinner, sometimes I buy take out, but my cooking has improved, it actually turns out edible most of the time now!"

Tenchi laughed, that sounded just like the Ryoko he knew. "Wait, did you say Sasami's nephew?"

"Oh yes, after Ayeka finally realized you were madly in love with me, she had no choice but to give up on you," Ryoko voiced with a happy grin. "Some time later, she was engaged to some prince her father picked for her, but she refused him and ran off with a man from earth. They have a son now, Altran, he's sixteen. I haven't seen him today; he sometimes stays to have breakfast with us, or should I say to see Tenko."

"Mom, I don't even like him that way," Tenko complained. "Today Altran left with Tenryo, that's my brother. He said something about a man to man talk, but didn't say anything else. Well, I should be going now; I have to get to school."

After Tenko left, Tenchi changed into his day clothes, something that he had no time to do before with Ryoko worrying about his apparent amnesia. Then decided that he needed some fresh air to let all the things he head sink in. "I'm going to take a little walk, I just need some fresh air and some time alone to think, I'll be back soon."

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Ryoko asked.

"No, it's okay, I need a moment to myself," Tenchi replied.

If it was just a short walk, then Tenchi should be fine, Ryoko reasoned. "Alright, but be careful not to lose anymore memories."

"I'll be fine," Tenchi assured her. He opened the front door half expecting everyone to jump out of hiding and yell 'surprise' or 'April fool' or something like that, but it never happened; so he just walked.

Episode 03: No Need for a Son, a Daughter or a Prince

In the future, past Tenchi retraced the steps he always took to go to school. His latest remaining memories were of his last year of school, during the dreaded period of the final exams. After that, he would have graduated, but apparently he already did. He wasn't even sure what he did for a job.

In the distance, he saw Tenko heading for the bus stop. A boy with purple hair wearing an elaborate royal looking yukata, was following her. Tenchi ran to catch up to him, curious to know if that was actually Altran who stayed behind after Tenryo left for school. He had a similar hair color to Ayeka's but a little darker, to the point where it was hard to tell if it was purple or black, and revealed its true shade of dark purple only if there was enough light.

As Tenchi approached, he thought he saw some movement in the surrounding trees and noticed a shadow with golden eyes. The shadow jumped off the tree and landed easily on his feet. Tenchi half-expected a new enemy to cause disaster, but instead he was surprised to find himself staring at his mirror image, with the only difference being the golden eyes.

"Caught you!" The one who Tenchi assumed to be Tenryo, pointed at the boy whom he assumed to be Altran accusingly.

"It's not polite to point!" Altran complained. "Besides, you make it sound as if I was caught doing something wrong."

"I told you not to follow my sister, she doesn't like you," Tenryo warned him.

"Lady Tenko is my fiance," Altran argued, "it has been decided by the house of Jurai.

"My sister said she didn't agree, and dad is letting her choose, so don't bother her," Tenryo looked towards Tenchi, "right?"

Tenchi was caught by surprise to be added to the conversation so easily, as if he knew exactly what this was all about. "I think everyone should be free to choose who they marry," he paused, letting the situation sink in. "Wait, Jurai wants to arrange Tenko's marriage? That's not fair!"

"But Lord Tenchi, I would be a good husband to Lady Tenko!" Altran insisted.

"Maybe you should just be friends." Though, Tenchi had just arrived and knew nothing about being a father, he did not believe in arranged marriages, so it didn't take a lot of time to decide what his position would be.

"I will win her heart!" Altran was not about to give up.

Tenryo shook his head, "you should be thankful I stop you from bothering her too much. She said and I quote, 'if Altran keeps annoying me, I'll take him to space and throw him into the sun.'"

Altran energetically shook his head. "Lady Tenko wouldn't do that!"

Tenchi was starting to form a theory. Maybe Tenko acted like him most of the time, but deep down she had Ryoko's temper. Without even realizing it, they had walked all the way to the bus stop where Tenko was. "Tenryo? I thought you left on the first bus. Dad, did you recover your memories?" Tenko completely ignored Altran's presence, he was little too persistent for her liking.

"Not yet," Tenchi admitted.

"What's this about memories?" Tenryo asked.

"Dad has amnesia," Tenko explained.

Tenchi nodded, "yeah, I actually don't remember any of you, it's as if we're meeting for the first time."

"I thought something was different, are you going to be okay?" Tenryo asked.

Tenchi didn't want to worry them; he didn't feel sick or anything. He was apparently just missing some memories. "I'm sure I'll be alright, my memories will come back on their own. You two should go on to school; I'm taking the day off and staying home."

"Then I shall stay too, to watch over father," Altran spoke, though he meant father in the sense of father in law.

"I don't recall my parents adopting you," Tenryo commented.

"I mean my future father in law!" Altran clarified.

Tenko shook her head, "sorry but I don't have any more sisters, unless you like Tenryo."

"Don't even joke like that sis," Tenryo pouted.

"Not to worry, Lady Tenko, I will not give up; I will win your heart!" While Altran declared his undying love, the bus finally arrived, filled with unfamiliar students and further confirming that it was not Tenchi's usual school bus.

Tenko and Tenryo left on the bus and Altran and Tenchi headed back to the house. "Is there anything you would like to ask about? I'll be happy to answer all your questions and help you recover your memories!" Altran offered.

"That's very kind of you, but I'm not sure where to start," Tenchi admitted.

They made their way back to the house, where Ryoko greeted them. "Altran?" She paused for a moment then continued, "your mother called, she wants you to go back to Jurai."

"She does?" Altran wasn't sure why his mother would call him back so soon. But with the long range teleporter in place, going to Jurai and back would only take a few minutes. There was an extra closet door next to the door that led to Washu's laboratory. That door let to another room, which was too big and spacious for the tiny area it appeared to occupy. In the center of that room, there was a large metal platform, with a glowing circle in the middle. An identical platform was attached to the roof, aligned with the one on the floor. "I shall go to Jurai and return soon," Altran excused himself and teleported away.

"Three, two, one, okay, that's enough time for him to get there. The Jurai teleporter can complete the process alone," Ryoko flipped a switch on the wall, identical, and next to the light switch. "Well, now that we have the day to ourselves I will cure your amnesia!" Ryoko picked up Tenchi and teleported with him back to their bedroom, setting him down on the bed.

"Wait a minute Ryoko," Tenchi blushed remembering what she had said about reliving their honey moon. "I don't think this is the right way to bring back my memories."

"What do you mean?" Ryoko sat down on the bed next to him with an album in her arms. "I thought pictures were a great way to remember."

Tenchi noticed that the closet was wide open and several boxes had been moved off the top shelves. "Pictures, yes, pictures, I want to see them."

Ryoko handed him the album and they flipped through it, with Ryoko providing stories and explanations for each picture. For Tenchi, it felt strange listening to something and feeling as if it was truth, but knowing that it had not happened. It was a strange contradiction that he couldn't explain.

Episode 04: No Need for School

The Tenchi of the future had decided to try not to disturb history, and thus planned to take the place of his past self until everything was set right. He sat at the table in his usual place between Ryoko and Ayeka. The table was unusually quiet, until Mihoshi spilled a cup of milk and Kiyone started scolding her.

After the two detectives quieted, the table was once again consumed by silence. It was not unusual for Washu to work on her research and experiments around the clock, so the fact that she was skipping breakfast came as no surprise. The table was occupied by Ryoko, Tenchi, Ayeka, Sasami, Mihoshi and Kiyone; Noboyuki had already left for work.

Ayeka glanced at Ryoko suspiciously. The space pirate was quietly eating, not even stuffing her face as usual, with a big happy smile. "You're unusually quiet today Ryoko," from Ayeka's point of view, it could only mean Ryoko was plotting. There was no answer. "Ryoko, don't ignore me!"

Tenchi gently elbowed Ryoko to get her out of her daze. No doubt she must have been daydreaming about her future life with him. "Huh?"

"Ryoko, why are you ignoring me?" Ayeka's expression was a mix of suspicion and worry; something was definitely out of place.

Ryoko blinked, staring at the Jurian princess, "oh, right..." She collected air into her lungs and yelled as loud as she could, "Tenchi is mine!" Then the breakfast table turned into a battle of tug-of-war between Ryoko and Ayeka, with Tenchi in the middle.

"Tenchi, isn't it time to go to school now? Remember that test you said you had." Sasami reminded him.

"Test?" This did not sound good. Tenchi had been working in architecture for so long, he hardly remembered anything about any other subject.

"Yes, your final exams to graduate from high school," Sasami looked worried, "are you feeling alright, you've been studying so hard I didn't think you would forget."

"Oh right, it's okay, I'm fine. I should get going now," in his school uniform, Tenchi looked like any other student, he still looked like a teenager since Jurians aged slowly, but he was in fact a grown man who had long forgotten the torturous process of memorizing useless information in high school.

As he walked towards the bus stop, he wondered what he could do to prevent history from changing for the worse by failing his exams. "Tenchi!" Then he heard Ryoko. "How was my acting? I kind of got distracted for a second there, but I know I shouldn't get overconfident, I still need to win your past self's heart."

"You did well," though she was distracted at first, with her head in the clouds; Tenchi had to admit that Ryoko did pull off a believable recovery.

"I'm so glad!" Ryoko hugged him. "Have a good day back at school, must be kind of nostalgic, right?"

"Yeah, it will be good to relive a day in high school, but today isn't an ordinary day in school. I have some final exams and I don't think I'm ready," Tenchi admitted. The bus approached down the road and came to a stop, "I have to go now, see you after school Ryoko and don't do anything suspicious."

"Don't worry, everything will work out!" Ryoko waved goodbye and watched as the bus drove away. She grinned mischievously, "I'll make sure of that," and flew after the bus, hitch-hiking on the roof.

When he got to school, Tenchi was glad to have avoided getting lost looking for his classroom. He just followed his classmates and got there. The students took their seats and the teacher handed out the exams. When Tenchi saw his test, he felt frustrated. His past self had studied hard, he was certain of it, but all of it was wasted. He tried to remember all those little useless facts and write them on the test and he generally understood things, but he didn't remember the little insignificant details that would be vital to his grade.

"Psst, Tenchi," Tenchi searched for Ryoko with his eyes, without turning his head so that it didn't look like he was trying to copy. "Tenchi," Ryoko's voice whispered again. Tenchi shifted in his seat moving his foot over something that was mysteriously sticking out of the floor. "Ow, my nose!"

The teacher looked around the classroom suspiciously. But fortunately, since the voice was female, he did not suspect the male students and thus Tenchi was saved from his piercing gaze.

Tenchi carefully looked under his desk and saw Ryoko passing through the floor with a paper in her hands. She had stolen the test's answers and brought them to him. If it was his past self taking the test after studying so hard, he would have passed it; so Tenchi didn't really see it as cheating as much as claiming what was rightfully his. He did purposely made some common mistakes here and there so that it wouldn't look too suspicious, but wrote in enough correct answers to easily get an A.

After the tests were over, the students headed home. Tenchi was relieved when the bus finally stopped and he walked to his house. He arrived to the sound of Ryoko and Ayeka arguing about the cookies Sasami had backed, each accusing the other of having eaten more than her fair share. Well, at least that was normal for this time period and he was glad Ryoko went back quickly after helping him to avoid suspicion.

In the house, Tenchi noted the small band-aid on Ryoko's nose and felt guilty about having stepped on her by accident when she appeared through the classroom floor. "Stop fighting you two!" He tried to stop them as he usually did.

"Lord Tenchi, Ryoko disappeared all day and then when she returned she ate many more cookies than she deserved!" Ayeka had no idea where Ryoko had gone, but she assumed the space pirate was off drinking, or taking a nap on a tree branch, or something equally unproductive.

"I deserve just as many cookies as you do, princess, all you did was lazy around the house all day!" Ryoko argued back.

"You ate more cookies than me!" Ayeka decided not to get into the topic of the fact that it was her younger sister that did all the chores.

"Enough!" Tenchi really did try to stop them, but a small smile formed on his face as he relived his busy past. "Please try to get along." Ryoko and Ayeka pouted, throwing their heads back and facing away from each other. Overall it was close enough to a normal day in the past of Tenchi Masaki.

Episode 05: No Need for Reminders

In the future, past Tenchi had seen all kind of pictures of his life. He also watched some videos and somehow knew they were true, even if he was certain they had not happened. It was an odd feeling to deal with.

"Have you remembered anything, Tenchi?" Ryoko asked.

Tenchi shook his head. "Nothing," he was beginning to really worry. If this was his life, which he had to admit looked pretty good, how could he fit into it without memories?

Ryoko looked like she was in deep thought and Tenchi wondered what she was thinking. "Let's see if this works," before Tenchi could ask what she was going to try, Ryoko kissed him.

Tenchi was taken by surprise at first, although he thought he should have known. A million thoughts ran through his had, but none of them were the alleged lost memories. Finally, he told himself that it was alright, and allowed himself to relax and respond to the kiss.

When they parted, Ryoko looked hopeful, "did you remember anything?"

"No, sorry," it would all take some getting used to, but the situation wasn't as difficult as Tenchi first thought it would be. Truthfully he had loved Ryoko for a long time, but didn't want any feelings to be hurt as he did care for Ayeka as a friend. He was actually relieved to know that things would work out in the future.

"Not even a kiss worked?" Ryoko looked disappointed, then grinned mischievously, her expression changing drastically "Well, we could do more than that."

Tenchi blushed; it was hard to jump into a relationship when he couldn't remember how it was developed. "Ryoko, can we just take things slowly? Maybe Washu can fix my memories, or maybe they'll come back on their own, until then let's just take it slow, okay?"

"Alright, I understand," Ryoko agreed. "It'll be like we're dating again!"

"I guess that's one way to look at it," Tenchi decided not to worry too much about this. He did feel concerned that his memories would simply disappear, but he could deal with it. Even if his memories didn't return, he was sure he could learn to fit into his new life. He still had no idea that he had been thrown into the future and the Washu of that time was still off visiting the academy, thus she wasn't there to figure things out and explain them.

"Let's to the city!" Ryoko suggested. "C'mon Tenchi! I'll show you all the places we visited on our dates on Earth and tell you all kinds of stories about what happened. I'm sure you'll remember something then!"

"That sounds like a really good idea," Tenchi agreed to it, and they were off.

The trip to the city was short thanks to Ryoko's teleportation abilities. "Over here!" She ran over to a specific spot in the park, next to a tall tree. "We had a picnic here once. Then we walked that way," she pointed, "and went all the way to the movie theatre. I got that movie later and have it at home; we can watch it again when we go back. It was the remake of that classic story about the warrior, the monster and the princess. Oh and over that way there's this ice-cream place," Ryoko took Tenchi's hand leading him to different parts of the city at full speed. "It was so much fun, especially the part when I got ice-cream on my face and kissed it off."

"Ryoko slow down," she had so many happy memories to share and Tenchi thought he had lost all of that. At least he still had more memories to look forward to.

Tenchi and Ryoko spent the entire day in the city, going back to the places they had visited in past dates. The sunset seemed to come too quickly for the couple.

As the sun shone for the last few minutes of the day and disappeared in the horizon, Tenchi realized just how late it was. He had spent the entire day with Ryoko, reliving a past he thought he lost and it all went by so fast. Even if night had fallen, he didn't want to go back home yet. Then he remembered, "Tenko and Tenryo!"

"Yes, those are the names of our daughter and son," Ryoko nodded happily. Even without his memories, Ryoko would be happy with Tenchi as long as he was the real Tenchi.

"They must have gotten home by now," Tenchi pointed out.

"Don't worry, they're seventeen, I'm sure they're fine. Are you thinking maybe some family time will help your amnesia go away?" Ryoko asked.

Family time, it was really too bad that the only things Tenchi had to tell the story of how his new family was formed were pictures and videos instead of his own memories. "I'll try."

When Tenchi and Ryoko returned home, just as they thought, Tenko and Tenryo had come back. What Tenchi didn't expect was to find such chaos in his home.

There was a young man around nineteen, jumping around, avoiding the Juraian sword that Tenryo was swinging at him. His eyes were silver and his hair white, with a grayish tint, different from the blus-ish tint Tenko and Ryoko had. "You'll have to be faster than that!" The one with silver eyes jumped, dodging the laser-like blade of Tenryo's sword.

"You'll never get away with this!" Tenryo continued slashing away and Tenchi was reminded of Ryoko's destructive powers and how she rarely took her surroundings into consideration on several occasions in the past.

The boy with silver eyes laughed, "do you even know why I'm here?"

"It should be obvious; you're here to kidnap my sister!" Tenryo assumed a battle stance.

"That's only half right," before the mystery man with silver eyes could elaborate, the closet door behind him opened on it's own and a dozen robots came out, throwing him to the floor and stepping all over him. The robots then busied themselves repairing the damage done to the house. It appeared that it happened often, to the point where Washu must have built a squad of robots to take care of the damage. "Ow..." He tried to get up after being trampled by the robots. "I'll be back!" and with those last words, he retreated to be chased out of the house by Tenryo.

"You see Tenchi?" Ryoko spoke casually. "They're just fine, everything is normal here."

While all of this was taking place, Tenko sat at the table calmly eating a slice of pizza. "Welcome home," she greeted her parents. "Would you like some pizza?"

Tenchi stood dumb folded and unable to reply, "I thought life had become quieter."

"It has, for us anyway, but it's always lively with Tenko and Tenryo," Ryoko explained.

Episode 06: No Need for Relationships

In the future, the younger Tenchi had sat down to eat pizza with his family, after Tenryo returned from chasing the young man with the silver eyes. "He escaped," Tenryo grumbled, joined the others at the table and took a slice of pizza from the box.

Everyone was calm so Tenchi tried to be calm, but he couldn't just quietly eat his pizza after watching his son fight with an unidentified man, whom he heard had come to kidnap his daughter. "Who was that and does he really want to kidnap Tenko?"

"That was Usigon," Tenryo replied, "and yes, he wants to kidnap Tenko, but I won't let him. I'll protect my little sister no matter what."

"By seven minutes," Tenko pointed out as if to say that it wasn't enough to be called the little sister.

"True, it's only by a little, but I hatched first," Tenryo replied.

Tenchi nearly choked on his pizza, "hatched?"

"Oh yes, babies come from eggs, I thought you already knew that," Ryoko made it sound as if all babies came from eggs and Tenchi wasn't sure if she actually believed that.

"I see," Tenchi found himself wondering how long it would take Ryoko to lay the eggs, though he assumed it would most likely be less than nine months. He wondered if they would look similar to the egg that contained Ryo-ohki. "I just remembered something, where's Ryo-ohki? And why is everyone so calm about the fact that Usigon is trying to kidnap Tenko?"

"Relax Tenchi, he'll never be able to actually do it," Ryoko assured him. "Ryo-ohki flew off somewhere with Ken-ohki and their kids. I'm pretty sure Ren-ohki must have stranded Usi on Earth to go with them," Ryoko noted Tenchi's confused look and explained. "You remember that Ryo-ohki and Ken-ohki liked each other, right?"

Tenchi nodded, "I remember that."

"They ran off together and when Ryo-ohki came back, she laid three eggs. Nagi and I had quite a fight over who got to keep the baby cabbits, but in the end I got to keep two of them, Neo-ohki and Nya-ohki. Nagi kept the third one, Ren-ohki, and gave him to her nephew, Usigon. Tenryo and Tenko have been taking care of Neo-ohki and Nya-ohki. They should be coming back any time, so you'll get to meet them soon."

"It's amazing, meeting so many people that I've already met but can't remember, at the same time I wonder if we've ever really met." Tenchi couldn't shake the feeling that, though he felt this was true, he had not lived it, and it made no sense.

"Of course you have, you just need to recover your memories. It's alright Tenchi, we'll still love you even if you end up forgetting your own name!" Ryoko sounded both supportive and pessimistic at the same time.

Yet Tenchi could tell she was genuinely worried about him. The looks on Tenryo and Tenko's faces told him they were worried as well. "It's okay, I really don't think I'll be forgetting anything else, and you're all here, it's sure that what happened, happened. I believe it."

Just as they were having a family moment, the phone rang interrupting it. "Maybe that's Washu!" Ryoko went to answer it. "It's about time you called!"

A soft shy voice answered, "oh, I'm so sorry Ryoko-mama. I didn't mean to neglect my duties as Tenryo's girlfriend, please forgive me for being late in calling him. I also apologize for not visiting today, but it seems the teleporter is not operational."

Ryoko twitched as she listened; the teleporter wasn't operational because she shut it off after sending Altran away. "We're having some technical difficulties," Ryoko lied. "We'll just have to wait until Washu comes back and repairs it." Which would mean keeping the teleporter off until then, and missing out on any food Sasami would have sent, but they would have to bear with it.

"Oh dear!" The girl exclaimed in a high pitched yet somehow gentle tone. "In that case, I shall travel to Earth!"

"No, no, it's fine, really. By the time you get here, the teleporter would have already been fixed. It's faster if you just wait for it." Ryoko did not like talking to this girl, but Tenchi felt a little sorry for her and asked Ryoko to be nice. It's not like the girl was annoying on purpose.

"Ryoko-mama, May I speak to Tenryo?" She wasn't actually Tenryo's girlfriend, but she was convinced that someday they would marry and was already calling Ryoko 'mama' and Tenchi 'papa'.

"He's um..." Ryoko paused.

Tenryo peeked out from the dinning room and shook his head as if trying to say that if it was who he thought it was, he didn't want to talk to her. The girl wasn't truly mean, she just wouldn't listen to reason and he was having a hard time trying to explain things to her as nicely as possible, she simply did not understand. He didn't want to hurt her feelings, but he just didn't return them.

"Jurai's just full of unrequited love," Ryoko muttered under her breath.

"I'm sorry, Ryoko-mama, could you repeat that? I didn't quite understand."

"I said Tenryo can't come to the phone right now because he's um... taking a bath," Ryoko blurted out, and she could almost feel the girl's blush over the phone.

"Oh my... I'm so sorry, goodness... I'm so sorry!" The girl whose name was Chinei hung up, and Ryoko couldn't help it but to laugh.

Ryoko had only told her that Tenryo was bathing when she called, and Chinei was so embarrassed anyone would think she walked in on him, though she was light years away.

Chinei was the adopted daughter of a distant cousin of Ayeka. She wasn't really in the Juraian royal circle and had only seen Tenryo from afar, until they met at Altran's latest birthday party and spoke for the first time. She claimed to have fallen in love watching Tenryo from afar and in an uncharacteristic sudden burst of courage, she confessed her feelings seemingly out of nowhere.

Tenryo was taken by surprise and could not return the feelings of someone who he had just met. He tried to be as nice about it as possible, but it was as if Chinei heard something completely different. She was fooling herself, trapped in her little dream world and acted as if they were dating.

Episode 07: No Need for Sleep

In the evening in the past, future Tenchi had gone to work in the carrot fields. In his time, all that work was done by Washu's robots so he was a little out of practice, but he was able to get the hang of it relatively quickly.

"Tenchi!" Ryoko teleported to the carrot fields. "It's late Tenchi, the sun is setting, how come you're still here?"

"I'm almost done with my work for today. I guess I was out of practice so it took a little longer." Tenchi looked at the large carrot fields, they would be even bigger in the future to feed Ryo-ohki's babies, but at least the robots would take care of the work then.

"Need any help?" Ryoko asked.

"It's alright, I'm almost done, just a few more minutes," after Tenchi finished his work, he headed home with Ryoko.

Dinner went by normally, with Ryoko and Ayeka fighting as they always did and once the day's activities were completed, Tenchi took a bath, got lost in thought for a while, then went to bed. It had only been a day but already missed his family. He wondered what they were doing and if they had encountered any trouble. If Washu's theory was correct, and most of the time her theories were quite accurate, then his past self must have taken his place in the future. How would he handle it?

"Tenchi?" Ryoko peeked out from the wall. The band-aid on her nose was gone, leaving only a faint purple-ish spot. "So you were still awake."

"I was thinking," Tenchi voiced.

Ryoko floated above his bed. "About your time?"

"Yes," looking at the past Ryoko, the future Tenchi wondered what the future Ryoko would do about past Tenchi, but found himself unable to predict it.

Ryoko continued to float above Tenchi's bed, "tell me about them, tell me about our twins." She was curious; she had been ever since she first heard about them.

"You know I can't do that, it might mess up history," Tenchi reasoned.

"Do you remember being sent to the future?" Ryoko asked.

"No," Tenchi understood where this was going. "You're right; Washu probably erased all our memories of this happening. Even for future Ryoko, this must be unexpected too." It sounded like something Washu would do.

"I don't want to lose any memories about you, Tenchi," Ryoko complained.

"It's alright, it has to be done," Tenchi reasoned. "That way we'll make sure things go as they should for us."

"If it's to make sure you and I can be happy together, then I won't try to stop it," Ryoko agreed. "If I'm going to forget I guess it wouldn't really make much of a difference even if you tell me about the future, but maybe it'll help you sleep."

"You're right, but don't mention it to anyone else," there was no need to take any risks even if they forgotten in the end, but Ryoko already knew about the future, so it wouldn't be a big deal if she knew a few more details. "Tenryo and Tenko; Tenryo is seven minutes older, the eggs they hatched from looked like Ryo-ohki's egg. I didn't even know you laid eggs." Tenchi recalled.

"Is that how it goes? Actually I didn't know that either. I assumed I would be able to have children, but didn't know if they would come from eggs," Ryoko admitted, "I guess I didn't give it a lot of thought before."

Tenchi laughed, that was just like Ryoko, "Tenko looks a lot like you, her hair is very similar but a little less spiky, and her eyes are like mine. I'm surprised at how much Tenryo looks like me, but he has your eyes."

Ryoko was smiling from ear to ear listening to Tenchi, "I'm so happy, sounds like I'll have a handsome son and a beautiful daughter."

Tenchi smiled, he was very happy with his family. "Ryoko, you don't need to float there, you could come to bed if you want, just don't get any ideas okay?"

"Aw, no preview of my married life? It's okay, I can wait," Ryoko got into bed with Tenchi and cuddled close to him.

He held her, gently caressing her hair. "There are a several people who like them..."

"Like father, like twins?" Ryoko found a certain amusement in this, it was as if they had inherited that from Tenchi.

"I guess that's one way of putting it," thought his life was relatively quiet; there was still chaos in the future. "There's a girl named Chinei who really likes Tenryo, she was adopted by a distant cousin of Ayeka."

Chinei was a scholar, or as Ryoko would say, a nerd. She was usually shy and quiet. Her hair was light pink and her eyes sky blue. She was often seen wearing a light blue kimono, decorated with pink hearts, a matching light blue headband and silver glasses.

"There is also a boy who says he'll marry Tenko, but I'm not too fond of the idea. She hasn't said anything about liking him back so I guess its okay."

Laser, a mysterious space pirate, he had red hair with blonde at the ends, for a flame-like look. His eyes were purple and he had a cabbit ship with his own story, linked to Ryo-ohki's family, especially to Ren-ohki.

"There is also another boy who's always trying to kidnap Tenko. We can think of a few possible reasons, but we don't know for sure. But he never even comes close to actually kidnapping her." Usigon, Nagi's nephew.

"Sounds like they have an interesting life," Ryoko listened to the stories, and cuddled close to Tenchi. She was looking forward to that life with him. They talked about the future until they drifted off to sleep.

Episode 08: No Need for Space Pirates and Bounty Hunters

"I can't believe Washu still hasn't called back." In the future, Ryoko passed through the wall to their bedroom.

Tenchi wasn't surprised when Ryoko got into the same bed as him, married couples shared, so it should be perfectly normal for them. He made no efforts to protest and allowed Ryoko to cuddle close, returning the gesture.

The next morning, Tenchi still did not remember anything new and he still didn't know he had been thrown into the future, though the possibility did cross his mind while brushing his teeth. He brought up the theory and asked for Ryoko's opinion. "Do you think that it's possible I'm actually the Tenchi of the past and I was somehow brought into my own future?"

"If that's the case, then where's the Tenchi of this time?" Ryoko asked.

Tenchi wasn't sure about that. "In my time?" He guessed. "Or maybe that's not it; maybe I was thrown into an alternate dimension."

"An alternate dimension," Ryoko thought about it, it wouldn't be the first time something like that happened. "But don't you like it here?"

"Ryoko," Tenchi looked at her suspiciously, "this isn't one of Washu's alternate dimensions you created like the time we were bank robbers, is it?"

Ryoko shook her head, "not this time. Besides, I let you return into the real world that time, remember? I did say I would win your heart in the fairest of fights. It's just too bad that you forgot all of it."

Tenchi noticed the sad look Ryoko had. "Don't be sad, if this is my life then I like it. I'll get used to it eventually."

"I really hope you can remember, I'll give Washu another call," Ryoko disappeared and reappeared next to the phone.

Ryoko tried to call Washu, only to receive the same recorded message again but with a different ending, "and if you're Ryoko, you'll just have to wait."

"Wait?!" Ryoko yelled into the phone, right before the beep sounded. "Listen Washu, you better get over here fast. Tenchi has a case of sudden amnesia and don't want him to lose any more memories!" She slammed the phone into the receiver after leaving the message and went off to make breakfast. The teleporter was off and Ryoko was still pretending it needed repairs, so she wouldn't be able to receive food made by Sasami for a while.

A few minutes later, Tenchi, Tenryo and Tenko were at the table along with Ryoko, "This is..." Tenchi looked at the food.

"Bon appetite everyone!" Ryoko happily announced and the twins showed no surprise as they ate their breakfast without complaints.

"Cake, ice-cream and cookies," Tenchi blinked. All of the products were store bought. There was also milk, which was the only thing one would expect to find at the table during breakfast.

"What's wrong Tenchi? Aren't you hungry today?" Ryoko asked.

"It's nothing, I'm fine," Tenchi started eating. He might as well get used to having his meals consist of sweets every now and then if Ryoko took care of preparing them most of the time. "I'll go to the carrot fields after breakfast."

"I'll go too," Tenryo offered.

Father and son left off to the carrot fields on that Saturday morning and Tenchi was surprised to see robots working on them. "Do these robots do all the work?"

"Yeah, the carrot fields had to be expanded after Ryo-ohki had children, but grandma Washu's robots have been doing all the work for as long as I remember," Tenryo explained.

Then the robots must have been working since the twins were very young, or maybe even since before they were born. Tenchi felt relieved that that he would have some help with the carrot fields. In fact, it looked like he wouldn't need to be doing any work at all, "I thought we would have to work in the carrot fields."

"Really? I've never needed to do that before, the robots always do it, I thought you just wanted to take a walk," Tenryo had heard stories about how his father used to work on the carrot fields, it must have been a big effort.

"Tenryo, tell me more about the lives you and your sister live. I still have a lot of questions and the entire attempted kidnapping still bothers me, even if everyone makes it sound like there's no way it'll work, why does Usigon want to kidnap Tenko anyway?" Tenchi asked.

"Don't worry, it won't work," Tenryo assured him. "Usigon is a bounty hunter. The accusations against mom where pardoned by Jurai, but she's still a space pirate legend and there are those seeking revenge who would do anything to capture her. They thought the easiest way would be to capture her daughter as a hostage, at least that's one explanation."

"You mean that may not be all there is to it?" Tenchi asked.

Tenryo shook his head, "a lot of things don't really fit. If that was the truth, then there would be more bounty hunters and mercenaries trying to capture Tenko, and they would try to capture me too. They might also go against anyone close to mom, but that's not happening, Usigon only targets Tenko and no one else is after us. We thought it might be a personal grudge from Nagi to mom, that Usigon is helping Nagi with, since she's his aunt. But Nagi doesn't usually send other people to do her bidding and she stopped chasing mom after Jurai arranged for the bounty to be removed."

"That does sound like a mystery," Tenchi wondered what in the world Usigon could hope to gain by kidnapping his daughter.

"That's not all, Tenko also has Laser after her, his intentions are clear, but I won't let it happen," Tenryo continued. "Laser is a space pirate, he says that since mom is known as the legendary queen of the space pirates, that would make Tenko the princess. He wants to gain a high rank among the space pirates by marrying Tenko and giving the impression that his clan is allied to mom and thus protected by her and Jurai because of your connections with Jurai. He thinks that will help them get away with things more easily. But you don't need to worry; I won't let them near my sister."

To be Continued

Disclaimer, I do not own Tenchi Muyo, or Tenchi Universe. For those who are not familiar with Tokimi, she's one of the three goddesses, the others are Washu and Tsunami. Tokimi appears in her child form in the "Tenchi Muyo Ryo-ohki 3 Plus 1" special. Usigon is Nogisu spelled backwards, which is the language of the bear-bees in Kyo Kara Maoh. Ren-ohki is a combination of Ryo-ohki and Ken-ohki. Nya-ohki comes from the sound "nya" which is similar to a meow and also associated with cats. Neo-ohki comes from the meaning new or future.