Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess and the Demon ❯ chapter 8 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Standard disclaimer apply

[Chapter 8]


Ayeka slowly walks towards her room, feeling sad and down. She can't beleive herself feeling that way just because there is an 'exception' to that rule (rule of not seeing Ryoko's face).The princess thought of how Ryoko really looks like, ever since that day She saved the princess from those demons in the forest, feeling her arms carrying her, those arms which seems so familiar, those cyan hair she's seen only in her dreams. The princess for the first time admits to herself that she needs to know if the girl in her dreams and Ryoko were the same.

As soon as the princess settled in her room, she lay in her bed, still carrying the thick book with her. She lift it up to inspect it. The Book cover is brown, hardbound, with curvings she could not correlate with any Juraian symbols, the curves were embosted and its side is lined with silver, sprinkled with silver dust. Princess Ayeka sitted herself and put the book down on her bed, she pulled the string that binds the book, and as it open, a fragrant smell of flower pierced the Princess nostrils, sending quivers in the princess spine, and evoking some memories to overflow...memories of her dream 'juraian teardrops?' the princess smiled as she finally recognized the flower. She opened the book to its very first page...

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------


I was walking along a very fine garden that belongs to a duke, i didn't catch his name but my father told me that this duke is a frined of his. My father decided to pay him a visit, though i really never wanted to come since it is a bit boring to go and mingle with humans, especially juraians. They unlike us do not share the same power we enjoy, the freedom we boast, from my readings, juraians are so aristocratic, they are always prim and proper, they like to impress many people, they are too good to be true ....

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------

'No! I will not agree with this author! Juraian's are not aristoctratic, were not as this author is saying!' Ayeka frowned as she battles with the book. She closed the book 'this is not an interesting book! I'd rather have a good time with Ryoko than reading...' She stop then look at the book, then shrug herself..'what do i know i'm just at the beginning anyway.' The princess took the book again and opened it...

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------

....I always thought of Juraians this way, then i came to a very beautiful spot. A very green vastness, surrounded by lively trees, dancing grasses. The view was exhilarating, overcasting a colorful garden at the bottom. I closed my eyes as i let the fresh air intoxicate my body and then... There she was at the top of one of the branch of a cherry blossom tree. I turned around to see her laughing.

"who are you?", I ask bemused, "Why are you asking? You are walking at my garden, your trespassing you know!"I saw her lift herself from the branch and float down to my side, "Isn't this beautiful?" She look at me smirking, "I mean the scenery...isn't this beautiful?" She said as she still look at me smiling.

For the first time in my entire existence, somebody gave me a very genuine smile, And Yes she is right, it is very beautiful, the garden...and so is she. Her eyes captivating me. She is wearing a white long sleeve satin top that hugs her curvaceous half, and a tight black pants. Her hair is flowing freely as the wind caresses it. I know at this instance, as to how my heart leap that i am in love with this woman...

"I...I am Tara...My father and I visited the duke"

She smiled at me again then face the vastness of the land around us, "So Your Father and my Father are friends? Is that it?"

"Yes" I said as i nodded

"Then....we can be friends too right?" I just nodded at her assumption, but wished to be something more

I lost the flow of my thought as i felt her hand take mine, then she run towards the cliff dragging me

"You can just call me Hakubi..." She stop when we are already at the very edge of the cliff, "My family and friends don't want me to be called as such but...since i'll be making a new friend today..you call me that. Ok? Your the only one to call me that...and don't let my mother hear you calling me that" She giggled, "You can fly?"

I nodded

"Lets"

It was the best time of my life, when Hakubi and I flew around the garden. We were young yes...but what i feel for her is real...i know my feelings for her is real. I went home that day with a smile, anticipating as to when my Father visits the duke again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------

The next time we visited the Duke, He was very sick. My Father offered to cure him. My father being the greatest warlock ever known in our place can do such healing power, but the duke refuses. He said that his time on this plane is over and wish not to extend it. I saw her, my Hakubi sitted there beside her father, her arms draped along her father's waist. I saw her face stained with her dried tears. Her mother massaging my Hakubi's back...then i heard the Duke talk to my Hakubi

"My dearest daughter...weep not. I shall not leave you, i may be gone physically but i shall always be here" the duke pointed at my Hakubi's heart, "Find your happiness."

Then my Hakubi cried louder as she felt her father's life being drained away from his body. My hAkubi's mother was crying in silence

"I will find my happiness father...i will" She stood, took her mothers hand, gave it a squeezed. She look at Me and my father, I know she is hurting but still...she gave me that smile i have dreamt since we first met...

Then i wish to myself that it is me to bring her true happiness...

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------

The Princess wiped her eyes from tears she's trying to control with the sleeve of her kimono, "Ow...how great is her love for Hakubi"

Then ayeka found herself enthralled with the story, as she turns pages from pages, reading. Occassionally laughing with the book as its story laughs, or cry with the book as the story cries. Its as if the princess can feel the author's feelings.

Her reading was interrupted by a soft knocking of her door

"please come in"

Yosho went in, "Princess, it's lunch, Ryoko is aking if you are dining with her?"

'Ryoko' the princess thought, then frowned, "I'll have my lunch here in my room Yosho, please. And thank you"

"As you wish"

Ayeka nodded, and Yosho left. 'it's better for me to eat here, finish the book...stories getting better!' she smiled at herself

The princess returned from her reading, and was again interrupted as Yosho came back with her food.

After eating, the enthusiastic princess returned to her book

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------

I was so happy. In a week's time it will be my Hakubi's birthday. In truth, i am so happy that despite her knowledge that i am half demon half witch, her relationship with me haven't change. She had accepted me for who i am. But the real reason for my happiness, is that she ask me to accompany her to Startica.

We were walking alongside, looking for every stall around, trying to look for something we could buy, and exchange with each other...when she smiled and look at me. She took my hand and run to a quite secluded place where we could hear each other without being interrupted...

"Guess what Tara?" She look at me, her smile so wide, her eyes full of excitement

"What?" I look almost the same. Her eyes were so wonderful, that i can't keep myself from looking at her and melt deep inside

"I found my happiness" She said gleefully

My jaw dropped. I was elated 'she found her happiness....is it me...it must be...i have loved her for so long, and there is no one else there' i thought as i felt butterflys encircling on my gut, "How...how long have you found..."

"Oh...I've been contemplating on that. For a Year now....I am in love Tara! I am! And I know this one is for real"

I wasn't able to say anything...My Hakubi is in love...then i crossed my finger and hope that she is talking about me...i thought of how i could make her happy for the rest of her life.

My Hakubi turns around, her back on me. I slipped my arms around her waist, She held my right hand, then pull it out of her wait living my left arm around her waist

"There!" My Hakubi Cheerfully said, She pointed her hand that is holding my right hand, to another woman. Her long hair trailing, her perfect swaying body, covered by those long gown i can't understand why hide a perfect body. But my Hakubi is looking at her. HEr eyes sparkling like never before. IT sparkled in a way it never sparkled for me before...yes my Hakubi is in love but not with me!

I felt my world shattered. She have to love me, I loved her. That woman doesn't even know her, nor knew about her feelings!....but then, My Hakubi does not know my feelings for her...I pulled my hands off her waist, turn around crying...

I felt my HAkubi look at me. I know her face must be asking why am i leaving... "Tara!" I heard her say before i teleported away from her

For the first time i know how it feels to hurt...

-end chapter 8-

A/n: Continuation of the book next...How did the demon of yoshire came to life