Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Uninhibited Consequences ❯ Dinner Conversation ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer and Foreword: Tenchi Muyo! and its characters are copyrights and
trademarks of AIC, Pioneer, and whoever else may own the rights to it, so
please don't sue me (it's not like I have any money anyway :P). However, this
story is my original creation and is copyrighted by me. Please don't copy it and
claim it as your own. This story is based on the Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-Oh-Oki characters,
so Mihoshi isn't as ditzy, though much more clumsy!
Thanks to Laval for his pre-reading help!

Uninhibited Consequences

( )= Mental thoughts

" "= Verbal dialogue

Chapter #4: Dinner Conversation

*(Note: A Change in title had to happen as you'll see in the story!)

On this day Lunch time at the Masaki house would be remembered for many years to come.
Because, on that day, A young man named Tenchi Masaki took his destiny and
those of the two women he loved into his hands. As the family gathered for lunch
Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka, entered with big smiles on all their faces.
They had let go of their hands before entering,but those there saw the emotions on their faces
and most knew something important was going to happen.

A Katsuhito sat on one end of the dining room table, while Nobuyuki sat on the other.
To Katsuhito's right were seated, Ayeka, Tenchi, and Ryoko.
Facing them, next to Katsuhito was Washu, Sasami, Ryo-oki, and then Mihoshi,who sat next to Nobuyuki.
As lunch was served by Sasami and Mihoshi, and compliments were given
for the fantastic food prepared by Sasami, everyone enjoyed their lunch.

As lunch was coming to and end, Tenchi nervously stood up and when all eyes were on him
he cleared his throat, and took one look at both Ryoko and Ayeka who gave him reassuring looks.

"I have an announcement to make!" He then motioned for both girls to stand up,
and then he took one of each of their hands. "I have been thinking of this for a long time,
but I haven't been able to face this till yesterday."
(He squeezed their hands and smiled at both of them, they did the same.)
"Yesterday made me confront my feelings for both Ryoko, and Ayeka.
It made me face my true feelings, so I have Proposed to Ryoko, ... and Ayeka to be my brides!"

There was about five seconds of silence, Until almost all of them yelled,
got up and hugged and congratulated the trio.
After the congratulations subsided, two couples started looking at each other.
One couple looked at each other with happiness,
while the other had some apprehension exchanged between them

___________________________________________________________________ _______________

Late afternoon

As the sunday afternoon sun started to set, the members of the Masaki clan relaxed in various ways.
Tenchi Ryoko, and Ayeka were at the Onsen.
They had gathered to celebarate with Sake' and a litle more kissing and hugging.
Though hesitant at first, Tenchi was enjoying the conversation he was having with his fiances.
They talked about what they wanted to do for the summer. Briefly, Ayeka mentioned Jurai
and his chance to become Emperor. But Tenchi politely told her that they would discuss that another time,
saying that "This is a time to enjoy you too here and now!"
Ryoko was laying her head on Tenchi's chest, and was Ayeka opposite her.
They continued like this relaxing and making out until dinnertime.

While they newly engaged trio were in the Onsen, Mihoshi and Nobuyuki were taking a walk
in the woods that surrounded the house and the shrine.
They had taken their time as they had been walking for most of the afternoon,
admiring the scenery and wildlife that abounded there. On sunday's many Japanese families take walks
or go to parks to enjoy the outdoors. With that, both of them wore traditional clothes.
Mihoshi who had dressed in a traditional green and gray kimono,
while Nobuyuki was in a Men's black and gray kimono.
For most of the afternoon, they engaged in some small talk , mainly about their backgrounds
and their big and unusual family. As it started to get later they walked up to and past the shrine.
Nobuyuki had been working up the courage to get to this spot with Mihoshi whom he had next to him .
They were arm in arm as they turned to Achika's tombstone.

"Mihoshi, can you please wait here, I have to do something here ok?" asked a hesitant Nobuyuki.
"I don't mind Nobuyuki. I would be happy to wait for you.",
was what she had said as he made his way toward the tombstone of his deceased wife.
As he knelt down and said a prayer to his wife's well being in the afterlife he slowly began to speak.

"My darling Achika, I have much news to tell you."(He looked down for a few seconds then continued.)
"Our son has finally made his decision, and you would be so proud of him my darling.
He not only chose one of the girls, he choose two of them, Ryoko and Ayeka."
(He then wiped some tears as he continued.) "I am so happy my love, we have raised such a kind and loving son.
And with his future wives, I know that he will have an exciting and happy life with them."
He took a breath and went on.
Your father and Ryoko's Mom Washu are getting closer, but you know your father,
and with him you have to have a strong woman to have his attention. Well Washu is strong and wise.
I hope they can work through their quirks to maybe get together to help each other as I think they should."

He then took a full minute as he tried to get his thoughts straight. Then he spoke.
"My love, I'm sure from your vantage point you have seen what has happened yesterday night."
He hesitated somewhat, but continued. "I love you Achika, and I will always keep you in my heart.
But, a bright and loving soul that has gotten my attention. Mihoshi is such a kind and considerate woman.
I have admired her inner beauty as she has lived here with the rest of us." He paused again.

I have come to ask you if you would allow me to court Mihoshi Kuramatsu,
with the intent to eventually make her my 2nd wife." There is a silence as he waited for he himself to know
how his Achika would have answered. He didn't have to wait long.

Beside Mihoshi appeared Tsunami in her traditional robes and finery. She was smiling at the startled pair, then called for Nobuyuki's attention. He turned to face the goddess and Mihoshi standing next to her.

"Noble Nobuyuki, I have heard your request." (She said with a smile) "Normally I do not involve myself in such requests,
but this is a special sort of request. I think I can help you get your answer."

She then jestured with her hand towards him as Mihoshi watched with an astonished look.
As Nobuyuki turned towards the goddess, he felt a presence behind him.

There in front of him was his wife in her astral form in her favorite blue kimono,
smiling that smile he remembered and loved.

"Oh my love!" he tried to hug her, instead he fell to the ground right through her.
"Nubi, still doing things before you think, my love." she exclaimed.
After he picked himself up and had a blush of embarrssment, he calmed down and started to speak.
He turned to Tsunami, bowed and said; "Thank you oh mightly Goddess for granting my humble request."
He then turned back and faced his wife's spirit.

Achika, My love, I have to tell you that I... was..."

"Nubi," (She tried to hold his face in her hands) "...I know what happened, and I know with who"
(She looked at Mihoshi with kind eyes) I also understand the feelings you two have."
She motioned Mihoshi to come and stand next to Nobuyuki. The she looked at him again.
"I will always love you, but you need someone here,...with you." Achika looked down.
"I wish I was there with you now," an astral tear was seen down her cheek.
"But I can see that Mihoshi has a good soul. I trust her with giving you the love you need, the love you diserve.
So, I will give my blessing to the two of you, and may you have a long and happy life."
She tried to hug both of them, but her arms went through them. They smiled at each other,
then as Achika turned to leave, Mihoshi said;
"When we die, will you be there for Him,... for me?"
Achika then gave a big smile and replied; "Of course I will. Its the least I can do for my sister-wife!"
She winked at Mihoshi. Then she turned back to her husband who was now crying.
"Don't cry my love, have a good life with Mihoshi, and I'll be waiting for you two when it's done."
She motioned for Mihoshi to gently grab and lead a distraught Nobuyuki away.

As the "New" couple left Achika turned to Tsunami and asked;
"Will I be able to keep an eye on them, my goddess?" She bowed to her.
Tsunami smiled and replied; You can keep an eye on them until they join you Lady Achika,
and please call me Tsunami. They linked arms and started talking about their little family and
the changes they were going through as they faded from view.

__________________________________________________________________ ________________

Katsuhito had taken a solitary walk after the chaotic lunch was over. As he walked,
Washu had taken some specific supplies and headed for the shrine office's sitting room.
When he completed his walk an hour later, he headed for his office.
When he opened his sliding door he was momentarily jolted by whathe saw, and amazed.

There in front of him, was Washu in a classic white, pink and red kimono, and a Japanese tea service.
"Lord Katsuhito, will you honor me by joining me for tea?" Asked a formal and adult Washu.
How could I not refuse such a kind and proper request. I will be honored to."
Replied a now stoic Katsuhito.

As they drank their tea Washu was bidding her time for the proper time to ask her questions.
since before the fateful incident the day before, she had been wanting some answers from this thoughtful,
but serious Priest and ex-Prince of Jurai.

"May I ask you my Lord some questions?" Washu finally asked him.
"Yes, Miss Washu, you may." answered Katsuhito.
"Why can't you return the affection I have for you? Is there something I did wrong?
Well, except for yesterday!" Said Washu.
After a few moments of contenplation, he answered.
"I am nearing the end of my existance, why would you want to be with me,
Washu when you know that I won't be here for long? What would you want to waste you time with me?
A loud SLAP was heard in the Shrine office.

"Who do you think you are to tell me what and how I feel!
I thought you would have understood that I, being who I am,
would have taken the time we had and kept you alive, maybe even extend it just to be able to spend more time
with you. But, I must have been mistaken."
(She looked down for a moment) "It seems I have a lousy way of picking men to love, they either leave me,
try to imprison me or just simply try to keep me away for my own good." She said quietly.
Several tears rolling down her cheeks.

She got up to leave when a hand holding her arm stopped her. Then a young Yousho gathered her
into his strong arms as she beat on his chest with her hands and arms yelling as she did.
That lasted at least 20 seconds until a tired and crying Washu settled down into his arms.
He rocked her back and forth saying soothing things as she calmed down .

He finally spoke; "I am an idiot not to take into consideration how strongly you felt for me,
and my misgivings at having that kind of attention.
I'm sorry if it has clouded my judgement, and my intelligence. It's been many years since that has happened."
(he sighed, and looked into her evergreen eyes)
"I do wish to make it up to you Lady Washu." (He finished wiping her face of tears) "For a start,
I'll split the work load with you for the rest of the week." She finally smiled her trademark smile.
Then she thought of something. "Well, why don't we ..." she whispered something to Yousho
that made him fleetingly blush red. Then he nodded, gathered her up in his arms and then,
they headed towards Yousho's bedroom with Washu giggling all the way down the hall.

Chapter #5: The Waiting Game
How do the various lovers handle the anxiety of waiting until Washu's lab re-opens. Then to top it off The Jurai Royal Family comes for a visit!

Author's Notes: To My pre-readers Andre Laval, and Tex James, many thanks for all your help as my stories you both edited have been accepted to TMFFA! To my readers, some have said that Ayeka isn't B***hy enough, well I don't see her being that unless she gets angry. Now in this story, she is much happier more times than angry. But, don't worry some of our traditional Ayeka will comeout soon enough! Thanks to all and please R & R!