The Bouncer Fan Fiction ❯ Legends| An Original Teen Wolf Fanfiction ❯ Episode: 3, The Warning ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 3
The Warning

Previously on Legends Allison Argent is surprised to find a tall, intimidating, thuggish girl with an un-american accent ring her doorbell and ask for her father, whom along with her aunt, greet her like an old friend although the fact that her mother, Victoria, isn't remotely happy to see the stranger doesn't escape Allison's notice.

The stranger is introduced as a distant cousin of Chris and Kate's who's here to finish her last year of school in a backstory that appears very filmy to Allison. Victoria makes her stay in a small shed outside the house.

Chris Argent thanks Seraphina for coming to help him. Kate Argent behaves like a teenage fangirl around Seraphina, who is weary of her, and ponders on her past faults and damage control.

Seraphina Argent is visibly irritated at the routine a normal school going teenager must follow. No doubt to show off, she offers to take Allison to school on her bike and they pass Scott and Stiles, who were discussing their favourite TV show, on the way.

Scott McCall finds Seraphina nothing short of alarming while Stiles and Allison comment on how creepy she is. Scott can't help noticing that Seraphina displays abilities, quite like his own, and as a result meets up, in a state of absolute panic with Derek Hale and tells him that he has reason to believe that only Seraphina is an extraordinary hunter but also that she knows what he really is and did so from the very first glance at him.

Derek decides to confirm Scott's suspicions himself.

During Gym class, Seraphina displays good sports skills and finds the whole sweaty, competitive atmosphere comforting and stimulating. However, soon enough she senses an unknown presence and the distraction causes her to misjudge her hit and bust the volleyball.

Sirens wailed. Uniformed personals swarmed the area.

"Get those fuckers off of here" Sheriff Stilinski said, jerking his head to indicate the crowd of reporters that had gathered around the scene. A young officer hurried to shoo them away.

Throughout the entire county, citizens turned up their radios and TVs as the familiar voice of their local news anchor announced what they'd all been fearing.

Beacon Hills has witnessed another gruesome death. This is the third body found in a month. The badly mutilated body was discovered on the edge of the woods, in a chilling reminder of the previous murders. Just like before, the body is mutilated beyond identification. The images are too graphic for ordinary viewership. Will the police be able to identify the victim this time like the first victim, poor elderly Nathanion Gerome? Or will this body remain a John or Jane Doe like the second Victim found near the highway.

Sheriff Stilinski as usual refused to comment and assured the public that these were nothing more than animal attacks and that there was no need to panic. But is this really an animal at play? Or is this the work of something more sinister? Are the citizens of Beacon Hills no longer safe in their own town? Should the schools and colleges be shut down until further notice?

Tune in sharp at 8pm to listen to famed psychologist John Patrick speak on how the minds of murderers work and how you can recognise if your neighbour is just a closeted introvert or perhaps a psychotic killer breeding mad wolves.

...

…...

"It was horrible! Blood everywhere! It's intestines, or what was left of them were pouring out with it's spleen and stomach and bits and leftover brain clung to its skull. They ate like every tasty bit of the body! Not that I know what tastes good in a human body, but that's what I imagine would taste good" Stiles said excitedly "Of course, I wasn't supposed to see the photographs but dad's created a sort of shrine on his desk... I suppose he's taken it personally that he can't solve the crime. I feel bad for him sometimes but I think it's good for him to have his ego battered down a little..."

"Stiles" began Scott "Can you please-"

"It is those..." Stiles looked around the Cafeteria. Students talked all around them, excited as ever and too engrossed in their own worldly problems to eavesdrop on others'. Regardless, Stiles lowered his voice dramatically "werewolves isn't it? The ones who want you to join them? Boy...They are bad news. I'm so glad you aren't one of them though. Can you imagine? My best friend joining a bunch of killer animals!" Stiles looked at Scott, frowning "Hypothetically, if you did join them, you wouldn't have hurt me, right? I mean, I am your best friend, right?" Without waiting for Scott to say anything, Stiles continued in his stead "Of course not. I know you. You love me, man. You'd have killed people who troubled me, right? Like that, that... Percy who always tries to take a mickey out of me in front of Lydia...or Gina, because she always beats me at Math... To be honest, I'm not much fond of this new Seraphina girl either, you know. She gives me the chills"

"Stiles! Will you shut up?" Scott hissed as two tables away, Seraphina, who sat alone at her table drinking from a paper cup, choked on her drink.

"What's up with you, buddy?" Stiles said "You've been acting like a timid dog whenever we come to school"

"I'll tell you, later" Scott said quietly, eyeing Seraphina's back

Stiles gave his friend an annoyed look as he followed his gaze to Seraphina.

...

...

"And I don't know. Something is up. Mum hates her, Dad is fond of her and Aunt Kate literally worships her. It's all so weird... I feel like I'm being lied to" Allison said, linking her hand through Scott's, who was walking her home from school.

"Hey, don't say that" Scott said chidingly "Why would your family lie to you? I get it that she's weird but you're really over thinking it"

"And she always insists on taking me to and fro from school on her bike. This is the first time I've been able to get away! Ever since she burst that volleyball in gym class, she's been hailed as some sort of superhuman, I tell you."

"Forget her for a moment" said Scott "You and I, tomorrow evening. John's have these new dumplings on the menu that I really want to try... And perhaps we could catch a movie too?"

"Sure! A late night show, perhaps?" Allison winked at him

Scott grinned back and leaned in for a small kiss.

"Oh, I'm sure Stiles must be having so much fun right now" she said, smirking as she pulled back.

...

...

Seraphina slammed the heavy desk against the wall, making Stiles jump

"That's, that's it. That looks good there" Stiles said, trying to keep his voice from stuttering

"Finally!" Said Seraphina in relief.

Ms. Jones, the chemistry professor, wanted to conduct a sort of a demonstration for her class. That demonstration required some complicated setup and the shifting around of some really heavy objects. Fortunately, Stiles Stilinski possessed a smart brain. Unfortunately, Stiles Stilinski did not possess smart muscles. Even more unfortunately, Seraphina Argent did.

Stiles let out a long breath and wiped his brow.

"What are you sweating for?" Seraphina snapped "I'm the one doing the manual labour here... Talk about role reversal" she added under her breath

"Well, we just need to shift this metal almirah thingy and I think we'd be done" Stiles said, but he added quickly "It's okay if you're tired, though"

Seraphina gave him a weary look, and with next to no effort pushed the almirah. She couldn't help but smile as she saw Stiles' eyes widen with astonishment.

"Wow... You are so strong" Stiles said, and for a moment, he knitted his brow as if plagued by a sudden epiphany.

Seraphina bit the insides of her cheek to keep herself from grinning broadly and maintained her irritated and cool persona.

"Well, I guess... I guess we should go home now" Stiles said a little distracted

"Let me give you a lift home." She said quickly "so that you get home safe"

"What?" Said Stiles, suddenly alarmed

"Oh, I saw on the news... People getting murdered... I don't think anyone should venture out alone. Two is better than one" Seraphina replied sweetly

"Oh no, I think I'll be okay"

"I insist" said Seraphina, smiling even more sweetly as she walked out of the room.

Stiles, chilled to the core, gulped and followed her out.

...

...

Scott McCall expected to find his room empty as usual. He'd expected to be greeted by a mess of clothes piled in a corner of his room and stray assignments lying all around his desk. Perhaps the knee pad of his lacrosse uniform obstructing his way. What he hadn't expected was a figure leaping at him the moment he opened his door, and with one sweeping motion, shove him to a corner of his room.

"Hello, Scott"

It was dusk, meaning that the room, and by extension its inhabitants, were mostly bathed in shadows. However this troubled neither of them, for they both possessed inhuman sight.

He, with his sharp vision, saw the face of Seraphina Argent towering over him, an inch from his own

She, with her keen eye, saw Scott McCall on the brink of transforming.

"You transforming right now will only complicate matters" Seraphina said calmly

"What do you want?" Scott said, his eyes elongating and his fingernails growing.

"Well, I certainly do not want you dead" she said "yet" she added.

This was enough to stop Scott from turning. He took a long breath as his racing heart relaxed.

Seraphina relaxed her grip on Scott's arm but didn't back away

"I'm just here to warn you. It'd be mutually beneficial if you stayed away from Allison. You see, though I care little for the girl, I am pretty fond of her father, and I promised them, I'll keep her safe, and that includes keeping her away from hungry werewolves and their pack's Alphas"

"I will never do anything to hurt Allison" said Scott, gritting his teeth

"And you'd be telling me if the opposite was true" said Seraphina snorting. "Look. The only thing between you and death, is the fact that I follow the Code and only kill those who deserve it, and my experience tells me that sometimes pretty little wolves like you become unwilling parts of vicious Alphas' packs. So I'd prefer to hunt down your leader first. Be warned though, that doesn't mean I'm not willing to, what is the English phrase for this... take the extreme route to ensure my message gets across"

She let go of Scott and stood a little back. "Cancel this date or whatever, change schedules, change schools if you must, but this girl isn't spending a moment alone with you."

Seraphina turned and took a few steps towards the window.

"I'm not a part of the pack" said Scott

"What?" Said Seraphina turning

"I'm not a part of the pack."

"Rubbish" said Seraphina "I can distinguish Betas from Omegas, Scott. And you're a Beta"

"It's true. You said you only harm 'bad' werewolves, well I'm not. I've never harmed anyone in my life. I won't let Allison get hurt"

Seraphina frowned at him.

"You heard Stiles today" Scott continued quickly "He said I'm not a part of the pack"

"And you'd tell your best friend if you were part of a pack of killers, would you?"

Scott didn't reply

"You were bitten, weren't you, Scott?"

Scott nodded. Seraphina tilted her head, thinking. She then walked towards the desk chair and sat in it, propping her feet up on the desk and linking her fingers together.

"You want me to believe that you have somehow resisted the Alpha's cries and are not part of the pack but are still strong as a Beta wolf?"

Scott edged towards his bed and sat down too.

"Yes."

"I don't believe it. A new werewolf, without a pack, no one can handle the transformation. You'd be dead or dying"

"I've...I've had help. From... someone." said Scott

Seraphina's face hardened

"But he's not a pack member either!" Said Scott quickly and when Seraphina's expression didn't change he took a huge breath and said "Derek. I had help from Derek."

Seraphina leaned forward in her chair.

For several moments, Seraphina squinted at Scott while he looked back nervously at her. Then she said

"Do you love Allison?"

Scott's heart skipped a beat.

"Yes." He said definitively

Seraphina leaned back in her chair, slowly nodding her head.

"I believe you, Scott... But I'll be keeping an eye on you. We'll talk again, soon... I hope we can, ah, work together."

Smiling at the discomfort on Scott's face, Seraphina deliberated between walking out the door or using the window. Deciding that the latter would be much more impressive and intimidating, she walked over the frame.

"Have fun" she said, looking over her shoulder at Scott and leapt out.

...

...

Dates with Allison were always a great experience for Scott. It was pure, unadulterated joy. She'd just excused herself to use the ladies room at John's when Scott's phone rang.

Scott pulled it out to see Stiles displayed with a goofy picture of him on the screen.

"Hey, Stiles, what's up?"

"Scott. I have something very important to tell you"

Stiles sounded panicked.

"What's wrong?" said Scott, reacting to the tone of Stiles' voice by getting up from his chair and tensing up.

"Where are you?" Stiles asked, still in the same way

"Out with Allison, I told you-"

"Listen to me, buddy. You need to stay away from Seraphina Argent. She isn't just your normal girl. I don't know if she's a hunter or not but she can kill you, buddy. Oh, she can hunt you down and kill you. She's a chimera"

Please rate and review!
Thank you!