The Bouncer Fan Fiction ❯ Legends| An Original Teen Wolf Fanfiction ❯ Episode: 5, Choosing of the Sides ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 5

Choosing of the Sides

Previously on Legends Beacon Hills bears witness to another gruesome murder and the pressure to find the one(s) responsible behind the crimes mounts ever higher on the police force, leading Sheriff Stilinski to spend almost all his days and nights at the station. 
Stiles Stilinski finds the murders pretty interesting and remarks to Scott that he's glad Scott's not a part of the bloodthirsty pack and also that Stiles knew that Scott would never have harmed him even if Scott was, all this while in the sharp earshot of Seraphina Argent, who splutters into her cup when Stiles tells Scott he could take on Seraphina Argent.

A couple of hours alone with Seraphina Argent are enough to put Stiles' cogs into over work and with the help of an ancient book he borrowed from Allison, Stiles figures out that Seraphina Argent is a chimera, born to an Alpha Wolf and human parent. 
She follows Scott and Derek, after meeting them in an alley, to Stiles' houses whereupon she takes the book from Stiles and insists on accompanying Derek home too. 
Derek asks her to try and keep up, which she does without much difficulty. Upon reaching near the Hale House, however Seraphina is visibly disturbed and makes a hasty U-turn.

The sheets beneath Kate Argent twisted and crumbled as the body above them writhed. She bit her lip to keep herself from being too loud. Her closed eyes saw but one thing. The fantasy that Kate knew would probably never walk the realm of reality.

The moonlight shone through the window and illuminated the bed and in turn the woman lying naked on it. The gleam accentuated every curve, every muscle of her beautiful body. Her long dark hair spread around her, strands of which fell gracefully down to her breasts. Her small black eyes spoke only of lust.

Seraphina Argent was so beautiful.

The moonlight that shone through Kate's room illuminated trivialities. Her room was meticulously arranged courtesy of Victoria. Katherine was a big fan of vintage be it cars, furniture, or some might even say, people.

Her hand gently slipped inside her pants, working its way down. Despite all her efforts, she couldn't help but let out a low moan.

Her ears rang with Seraphina's voice that ever so passionately called out her name.

Kate...

Kate arched her back and gripped the sheets tighter.

Kate...

Kate let out another moan, a slightly louder one this time, feeling herself draw closer.

Kate...

As she reached her climax she felt her body convulse as the wave of pleasure swept through her body, curling her toes and contracting every muscle.

"Kate!"

Kate's thoughts were suddenly brought back to the harsh reality of the empty bed beside her by the voice of Seraphina Argent accompanied by a heavy pounding on the door.

Tripping and almost falling as her foot caught in the dangling sheet, Kate hurried across the room to answer the door, buttoning her pants.

"About time"

Kate swung the door open and there stood Seraphina as tall and strong as ever with her beautiful long hair in a simple braid, wearing nothing but a simple tank top that hug to her lean torso and track pants. Kate felt her heart beat faster just as it always did in her company.

Seraphina Argent frowned at Kate. It wasn't hard for her to get irritated at Kate. The mere sight of her was enough. Her mouth filled with a metallic taste as it always did every time she laid eyes on her.

Trying to keep it as short as it could, she said curtly "I have to ask you something. Do you—" but she broke off suddenly as the whiff reached her nose. Her face twisted into a grimace.

Kate, oblivious to Seraphina's irk, said brightly "Yes, sure! Please come in"

Seraphina glanced at the messy sheets on the bed and then back at Kate. With the briefest glance at Kate's hands, she said "It's alright, you, er, freshen up and we'll talk out in the hall"

Before Kate could say a word, Seraphina turned on her heels and hurried away to the living room.

She could rightfully call the grey couch in the living room hers. She slept there every night so naturally stray items of clothing and bedding often lay scattered around it much to the annoyance of Victoria.

Chris and the others had gone to bed almost an hour ago. Dinner had comprised of the usual: broccoli and carrots with chicken breasts, "healthy but delicious food" or as Seraphina called it in her head rabbit food.

The only source of light in the room: a lamp mounted on the wall in front of her which bathed the room in a light yellow hue. Seraphina stared at the empty marble fireplace 'till she was no longer watching it. Her mind had drifted off.

Her hands were soiled with blood but she wasn't bleeding. Somebody shook her violently. His face swimming into clarity. A voice, presumably his, called out a name that she recognised as her own.

"Su-"

"Seraphina!"

Pulling her voice out of her stupor, Kate almost skipped across the carpeted floor and plopped down on to the spot uncomfortably close to Seraphina, who instinctively stood up.

Kate who looked slightly hurt, pushed back her hair and with a dampened spirit began "So what—"

A gleam of silver on Kate's wrist had caught Seraphina's eye, momentarily pushing her displeasure out.

"Katherine?" she said

Kate blushed and looked up at her, her heart skipping a beat.

"Yeah?"

"Er..." said Seraphina and pointed to the bracelet, "It says 'Katherine on it"

"Yeah..." said Kate slowly, "It's my name- Katherine"

Seraphina blinked.

"Katherine? But… Oh… Kate is short for Katherine? Huh, I didn't know that" and with that Seraphina turned away and walked to sit across from her on the coffee table.

"You didn't?" said Kate, frowning

"Yeah, well, I'm not too good with American names and their nicknames or whatever" Seraphina replied carelessly

"But" said Kate, looking thoroughly confused back at Seraphina "How can you not-"

"About what I wanted to know" interjected Seraphina "The-"for the briefest moment she paused and then said "—the fire that happened at the Hale House six years ago."

Kate's eyes went round with curiosity and excitement.

Seraphina hesitated but then asked "There was this gathering or something that day, right? Everyone in there died?"

"Yup! Neatest job ever! Aren't you proud of me?" she grinned at her and leaned closer to Seraphina, extending her hand and placing it over Seraphina's arm.

Seraphina impulsively jerked it off.

She despised Kate's company. She despised Kate's sadism and her eagerness to hunt. She despised everything about Kate. Everything except Kate's admiration for her.

Seraphina was proud. She loved the fact that Kate found her so awe inspiring, loved the fact that she was the biggest idol in her life. In spite of herself, Seraphina's vain nature wouldn't allow her to confront Katherine for it was afraid that Kate would no longer see her as the legend she does now.

Seraphina swallowed and said "So the whole Hale family is dead?"

"Oh, well, not really. As you know of course, we had to move away immediately after that so-"

"Yeah, yeah" said Seraphina cutting across her. "What did you mean by 'not really'"?

"Well" said Kate "I know for a fact that Derek wasn't in the house that day. And his sister too, I think. Lucy or something she was called. They were out visiting some relative... You know I haven't thought about this in almost a decade..." She looked at Seraphina, who had once again fallen into deep thought, and smiled, edging closer to her so that she was almost to the edge of the couch and their knees brushing together, "We could do a part two of that, what'd say? It'd be even grander than the Hale House. And this time The Seraphina Argent would be with me"

Seraphina leapt off the coffee table too.

"What? No! No, I don't want to set fire to anything and I suggest you refrain from doing the same" And then she abruptly added " I have to go now, school work. Good night"

…...

…...

Chris Argent was an early riser. Like every morning, he slid off of the bed and walked into the kitchen. He rather liked to be in the kitchen early morning. The east facing open window made him feel truly awake. The sun's light illuminated the modular kitchen well enough for there to be no need for any kind of artificial lighting.

While Victoria took care of the breakfast, Chris was assigned to the task of preparing coffee for the rest of the family (except for Seraphina who claimed to have enough adrenaline in her body to keep her going).

With a brewed cup of his own in one hand and the morning paper in the other, Chris leaned against the kitchen counter at par with his morning routine when something not at par with his morning routine happened.

A heavy thud right next to him and the sudden presence of Seraphina Argent, not used to living around with non-humans, made Chris jump and slopped his coffee all over him.

"What the fuck!" exclaimed Chris loudly, pinching his shirt and pulling it away from his skin. "Damn it, Seraphina!"

He looked at the poor book that had been the object of violence against the counter.

"What is this?" said Chris, frowning and twisting to see the title better.

"Your daughter" said Seraphina thrusting the book into Chris' chest "is distributing ancient information for free. I found it in the possession of a friend of hers; had to steal it back. "

Chris swore as he took the book "I swear this book was in the old closet in the garage with the other hunting equipment"

Seraphina shrugged.

"Allison obviously knows about it. Wonder what else she's accidentally stumbled upon, or worse- given away"

She paused for a moment then said "I think you should tell her, Chris. She could take Kate's place"

"What?!" Snapped Chris "What do you mean ' take Kate's place'?"

Seraphina rolled her eyes and said "You know as well as I do that she's inherited the worst of Gerald. She's every bit as cruel, as—"

"My sister isn't—"began Chris angrily

"Isn't she?" said Seraphina "You, Chris, for one, have read the books. You know the Code. You know what happens to Code breakers. It's your family name that keeps her safe."

"You know, you have a loud mouth for somebody who almost literally set the tune to which the hunters in the west operate."

Caught off guard, Seraphina stuttered "That's not—it's not true, —I"

"I know what you mean" Chris face fell into gloom.

"Kate could retire just like Gerald." She assured him "The Council will provide for her. You wouldn't need to worry about protecting her or covering up her insanity. Besides Allison is just young enough to still qualify for training"

"No." said Chris firmly. "Allison is not having her life fucked up too."

"Our lives aren't" she began, protesting, but stopped quickly as she realised just how right Chris was.

Seraphina looked at the man across from her. He had a disdainful wife, a sadistic father, a murderer for a sister and his own daughter, unbeknownst to him, was busy falling in love with a werewolf.

She placed a hand over his and squeezed it reassuringly. Chris looked at her and almost smiled.

"Here" Seraphina reached across the counter and tugged at the roll of paper towels. Handing a bunch to Chris and balling a few in her own hand, she wiped at the shirt.

"Victoria" Chris said, jerking his hand away from under Seraphina's as his wife walked into the kitchen.

Victoria Argent stood with her arms crossed, a most sinister look upon her face, her teeth gritting hard enough to crack nuts. Chris, who like every man was terrified of his wife, edged away from Seraphina, muttered "Good morning, honey. The coffee is on the counter" and skirted around Victoria and out of the kitchen pausing only to look back at Seraphina with a knowing look, making Seraphina smile and Victoria whip around to look at Chris but he scurried out of the room before she'd catch his eye.

Victoria turn back and glared at Seraphina, who took her time in coolly disposing off the paper towels.

"Good morning, Victoria" she said leaning against the counter herself casually "It's okay if I don't call you honey, is it?"

Victoria took a few steps towards Seraphina and said in a low but icy voice "Seraphina Argent, you may bear my husband's name but you don't have the same place in my home and heart as his family. I might've given you a key to the house but don't consider it as an invitation into the house. I may have agreed to entertain you as a guest"

"There's been absolutely no entertainment" muttered Seraphina quite audibly.

"I know you're not here for some 'happy family time'. Whatever you're here to do, do it and get the hell out of here." Victoria continued as if she hadn't heard her "Till then, if you plan on living under my roof, stay in your limits and for heaven's sake stop drooling on my pillows."

The last line was the final straw. With a sneer at Victoria, Seraphina unstuck her bottom from the counter and started towards the kitchen door.

"Stay away from my husband, Seraphina" Victoria called out as Seraphina left.

…...

…...

Stiles Stilinski wasn't pleased at all. This marked the second time in two days that he was forced to walk alongside the towering and formidable amazon that was Seraphina Argent. They walked silently besides each other and turned into the deserted corridor lined with more lockers.

The event's leading up to this walk were as follows:

Stiles, the happy go lucky guy was just happily rummaging around in his locker when the not so happy go lucky Jackson pulled his jacket hard enough to make him fall to the ground.

"I'm bored, Stilinski" Jackson, voiced crouching on his knees next to Stiles.

"Er, hello to you too, Jackson" said Stiles trying to edge away from him.

"I need some entertainment, buddy" Jackson uttered prodding Stiles in the stomach.

The act of bullying wasn't a plea for attention as the corridor had hardly any people in it, school having finished over almost an hour ago. It was an act committed, as Jackson said, out of sheer boredom.

Behind Jackson stood Danny. Though he didn't support his best friend in his bullying endeavors, he didn't exactly stop him either.

"Leave him alone."

Seraphina Argent stood a few feet away, frowning at the scene.

"Oh look, Stiles" said Jackson to Stiles, grinning broadly "You got yourself a girlfriend" he then looked at Seraphina.

Getting up and taking a few steps closer to her, he said "How you doing, sweetheart?"

Seraphina smiled coldly and walked up to Jackson. As she got closer, Jackson instinctively took a few steps back: close up, she was a couple of inches taller than him, looked like she could kick some serious ass, the story of her infamous volley ball bust preceded her and her expression didn't ease things.

"Listen, punk" she said "You know what I did to the last man who called me that? Let's just say his body was only fit enough to be fed to rabid dogs." She paused and her smile vanished to be replaced by a look of absolute seriousness "If you ever call me that again, or trouble Stiles, I swear, you'll be in the hospital with every last bone in your body in pieces. So if you value that pretty face of yours, fuck off!"

Jackson tried to look grim, but Danny, tugged at his shirt and muttered "Come on, man" and dragged him away towards the other end of the corridor and out.

Seraphina extended Stiles a hand. His body still in the flight or fight mode, Stiles hesitantly took it. With a swift motion, Seraphina yanked him to his feet. Such was the force in her pull that the slender, bony Stiles stumbled before regaining his footing.. His arm felt like it'd been detached from its socket.

"Thanks" he said massaging his shoulder.

He saw her eyes soften as she looked at him and said "Don't mention it. You looking for Scott?"

"Um... yeah" said Stiles

"Me too. Come on"

Scott McCall was just walking down the corridor, his school bag slung across his shoulder and his mind fixated on mundane things. Their maths teacher had just given them a shit ton of homework and had specially kept Scott to tell him he had the potential to perform better.

All of a sudden, he felt a strong hand clasp around his arm tug at him and pull him into the turn onto the staircase that he wasn't planning to take.

Once again, Seraphina had startled Scott McCall into almost transforming and attacking.

She pushed him against the wall and stood towering over him just like had before with one of her hands resting a couple of inches away from his body and her face ever so close to his, displaying her lack of the idea of personal space when it came to intimidating people. Scott glanced over her shoulder. There, to his slight surprise, stood Stiles, wringing his hands together, his eyes darting from Seraphina to Scott.

"What?" He hissed, looking up at Seraphina and wishing she'd edge away.

Before she could answer, a random voice drifted over to them.

"Hey McCall" called out Percy "Flirting with the new girl, already?" He sniggered pointedly at Seraphina.

Seraphina was clearly past her threshold.

"Did anyone—" She barked "in this vast, wide world, ask you to butt your overlarge ass in? DID THEY?" She thundered

He looked terrified "I-I w-was just walking" he said timidly

"Well then keep walking, asshole!"

Seraphina turned back to Scott and let out a deep breath. He wished more than ever that she'd move away. She was so much into his olfactory zone that he could smell nothing but her. It was something that he liked to experience only with Allison.

Seraphina took a deep breath and said "If one more teenage shit happens right now, I'm going to crack somebody's skull", "I can't stand this anymore!"

She took a deep breath. Scott noticed that her other hand was wriggling inside her pocket.

"So, Scott" she said in a relatively calm voice "What do you know about Derek Hale's sister?"

"Derek's sister?" Scott repeated.

Seraphina's face eased on the annoyance.

"Ah... I see" she said and moved her arm and took a few steps back, much to the relief of Scott.

"I see…" she said again "You know what? I hope you find the Alpha. I hope you are successful in killing him so you can turn back into a human and have a future with Allison."

Scott's face was as blank as slate.

"Oh" Seraphina said good naturedly "Derek Hale hasn't told you that either, has he? Well, I suppose he probably doesn't know this... I mean he wouldn't keep this from you if he did, right? Unless of course he wants to be the one to kill the Alpha so he could be the next leader and he's just using you…"

Inside her head, Seraphina smirked broadly.

"I can be-be cured?" Scott's eagerness was evident. "Are you serious?"

"Well... I've heard stories... You hear things when you're in the business as long as I've been. I hate being here, you know. I just want the Alpha dead one way or the other so I can just leave"

"Okay" said Scott "what—"

"6pm, Stiles' house—" she said with satisfaction

Stiles gasped, horror struck

"—and bring Derek Hale with you"

…...

…...

"She's lying to you!"

"Why would she lie to me?"

"She's playing you!"

"Why on earth would she do that?"

Stiles gaped bewildered at his best friend pacing back and forth in front of the bed on which sat Stiles. On the wall behind his bed a giant goofy clock edged closer to six.

"Look" Stiles said "I haven't figured it out as yet, but she's clearly troubl—"

"Look, man. She drove Jackson away and took your side, didn't she? She's meeting us here, isn't she? She could've asked us to come at a hundred other places but she's meeting us here. She couldn't harm us! I mean even if she were to attack us, how does she hope to take on you, me AND Derek?"

"Talking about me?" Came a voice.

Seraphina Argent had just pulled herself up through the window and into the room. She dusted her hands and said "You people have such convenient windows."

"You can't just leap through people's wind—" began Stiles but Seraphina silenced him with a look, making him retreat into the company of his many pillows.

Disregarding Scott's presence, she looked around the room. The plain pastel walls were all plastered with posters of neo-culturlistic symbols that Seraphina knew nothing of. The desk was heaped with piles of books. But not a single item of clothing lay anywhere. Not even socks. The room suited Stiles' personality to the dot.

Seraphina pulled the chair next to Stiles' desk and positioned it so she could sit comfortably with her feet propped up on Stiles' bed. Specks of mud flecked off of her boots and onto the clean sheets. Stiles appeared to be chewing at his tongue, bursting to speak

"So what were you saying about me being unable to take you all on?" She said casually to Scott

Before he could answer, the door of the room flung open and Derek Hale walked inside.

"How did you get in?!" Cried out Stiles, clearly unable to stay quiet.

Derek didn't answer. His eyes had fallen upon Seraphina.

"What is she doing here?" He scoffed

"Derek, she, er— she just" Scott began

"I'm out of here" Derek said, turning and starting to walk towards the door.

"Where's your sister?"

Seraphina's voice made Derek stop in his track.

"Why" said Derek turning again slowly to squint at Seraphina "do you want to know about Laura?"

"Why do I want to know where the eldest of the Hale lineage, incidentally the Matrilineal Alpha family of Beacon Hills that can be traced back to generations, is? Oh, I don't know" Seraphina shrugged "I guess I just want to give her a friendship bracelet, I guess"

Derek looked from Scott, who looked stumped, back to Seraphina.

"She was the next in line after Talia Hale, wasn't she? You're just pretending to help Scott so you can manipulate him into becoming a part of your pack, aren't you? This little brother—sister con is up. Go ahead, Derek Hale. Where's the Alpha? Where's your sister?"

Derek clenched his fists and glanced once again at Scott.

"And you? You believe all this bullshit, do you?"

"She said, if I killed the Alpha, I could turn back into a human. You—you said you wanted to kill the Alpha for what he's done to your family and now—"

Derek looked back at Seraphina who, for someone to have caused a small rift such as this, looked relatively unfazed in the face of Derek's anger. She just sat there looking calm and carefree, twiddling her thumbs.

"Is she telling the truth, Derek?" Scott asked him "About your sis—"

"Yes! Yes, Laura became the Alpha the day mother died!" Derek burst out "Yes, she inherited the status!"

He now spoke directly to Seraphina "But Laura isn't the Alpha. She'd never have done what he's done. He killed her. Whoever the Alpha is, he killed her to gain her power. I want to hunt him down for what he did to my sister .You" he pointed a finger at Seraphina, his teeth elongating into fangs as rage coursed through his body "You with your noble talks of 'following the Code' where were you and your Code when Katherine burned down my family, huh? I don't need your help to find the Alpha. And you" he poked his finger right into the center of Scott's chest "You can decide who's side you're on"

And with that, Derek, transforming, leapt out of the window.

Scott, breathing heavily looked from Seraphina to Stiles and then followed Derek out, leaving Stiles to whimper slightly in protest.

The silence that was left behind was absolute. For once, even Stiles stayed shut.

Seraphina Argent was still looking at the exact spot Derek had leapt out from. She looked as if for the first time, things hadn't gone as she'd planned. And Seraphina didn't like it. She didn't like it at all.

Scott caught up to Derek, who'd transformed back into a human just a few meters away on the road behind Stiles' backyard.

"Derek!" he called out, transforming back too.

Derek didn't stop but kept on walking, Scott, agitated running up right beside him.

"Look, man, I'm sorry! I shouldn't have doubted you like that."

Derek stopped and looked at Scott

"I warned you against fraternizing with these hunters, Scott. I should've known you wouldn't be able to resist. First Allison and then her." He spat and then started moving on his way once more.

"Don't compare Allison with Seraphina! They're nothing alike! Allison is sweet and kind and caring and-" Scott gathered himself and said "Seraphina's a murderous manipulative bitch!"

Derek scoffed

Scott stopped in his tracks, allowing Derek to move ahead and leave him behind. .

"I don't even know if she was telling the truth about that cure thing. I'm sorry, Derek, I got carried away!"

Derek stopped in his tracks but didn't move.

"We'll find the Alpha" continued Scott "I'll do my best. I'll learn to control my powers properly and then we'll find the Alpha together"

Derek Hale turned his head back slightly. He looked at Scott's sincere expression.

With a curt nod, he turned back and continued walking.

Interested in reading the whole of Kate's fantasy? Read it here! https://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_ch.php/173401/621958/


I've decided to post any kind of smut separately so that this story stays age appropriate.

(Also posted on Wattpad, Archiveofourown, Quotev and other platforms)

Did you like the episode? Did you not like it? Tell me below how I can improve! Each of your opinion matters!

Follow/bookmark the story to be notified of the next update!

Thank you!