The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Zelda Ocarina of Time: Behind The Scenes ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
I don't own Zelda blah blah blah. You know the drill. Kari and Joey ARE mine though. Mine. Capiche?
 
 
 
7 years later:
Link stared wide eyed at the figure across from him. Still not sure if this was all a horrible dream he reached out and grabbed the arm of his friend's imaginary figure. “OW! That hurts!” “Joey? Is it really you?” Link asked a bit shocked. “Who else would it be stupid? Where you expecting Zelda or something?” “No. I just… you don't look any different than you did seven years ago.” “I guess that unlike you, I never aged.” Link shook his head and embraced his old friend. “Come, the old guy said that we have to find the five sages.” “Wait. What old guy?” “The old guy…the Sage of Time.” “Um, Link, no ones been in or out of here in seven years. I think you should look outside.” They walked out and looked towards the once green marketplace. Now it was dark and cloudy. The two of them ran down the steps leading between the temple and marketplace. In front of them they saw a large group of redeads in the middle of the market. They ran quickly, but carefully towards the drawbridge hoping not to draw any attention to themselves.
Once outside, the dark sky began lighten up. “Hey Link, try out that Master Sword.” Link reached down to his hip and unsheathed the Master Sword. It was light in his hand and the weak rays of sun caught on the blade flashing and reflecting brilliantly. He swung it through the air experimentally, it responded to his every touch. Suddenly there was a clash of metal as a small slightly curved blade appeared from practically nowhere. “Link watch out!” Link followed the blade up to see a young boy standing in front of him dressed in a red tunic. He was the same height as Link with blonde hair… no he was Link! Or at least Links exact twin, except for the eyes, the boy's eyes were a bright forest green. They made Link think of Saria. “Who are you?” the boy asked as he sheathed his sword. “Depends,” said Joey, “who's asking?” “You really shouldn't be carrying swords and bows and bombchus around these days. It's easier for Ganon to find you.” “What if I want him to find me,” asked Joey. “Then you obviously have a death wish,” the boy answered. “I hate to agree with our evil sword wielding attacker but, it's true,” said Link. “I know its true, and I guess I do have a death wish. Now where can I find him?” “Joey…” “Forget Gannon for now. Focus on finding the sages, add their power to yours and then go after him. The princess will be fine; she has gone into hiding with her guardian Impa. You have a lot to do before you are ready to fight the Great King Ganondorf. He has the triforce of power, the other two are lost.” “What?! The three triforce pieces are being absorbed by different people?” Joey stood there staring at the boy in shock. He just nodded. “So now that my friend Link here blurted out my name, I think we deserve to know yours.” “Joey and Link, huh? Cute names.” “Can we have yours?” The boy smiles and points towards LonLon ranch. “You'll need horses, there. First you had better come with me though.” Joey shrugged and followed their silent guide.
A few hours later they were standing at the edge of a very steep cliff. “Stay here,” the boy demanded,” I'll be back soon.” He walked over and took a deep breath before diving over the edge of the cliff. Joey breathed a sigh of relief as he sat down, “At least I'm not jumping over the edge.” Link ran to the edge and looked down. Below him he saw nothing but the rushing water of the river. “JOEY! HE'S GONE! THERE'S NOTHING LEFT OF HIM!” Link ran to a ladder leading down the cliff and began to climb down it. “Uh… Link, I wouldn't go down there if I were you…” Link ignored him and continued climbing. Joey strained to listen for anything over the water. Suddenly there was a shriek and a loud thud. Joey heard Link shout and suddenly saw Link flying through the air. Joey laughed and shouted, “I told you so Link!” With a loud thud Link landed just at the cliff's edge. A few minutes later their guide reappeared. He was soaking from head to foot. Link sat up with a dazed and cross-eyed expression. “He's a she…” Link said in shock. With three long strides the dripping figure crossed over to Link and proceeded to beat him over the head with a wet hat. Joey sat there blinking and speechless as he fought to soak in what he had just learned. “Wait! WHAT!?” Link's attacker looked up and blushed slightly. “He's right. I am a she.” The girl sat down a little embarrassed and started to wring her clothes dry. “My name's Kari. The Sage of Time asked me to watch out for the two of you and help you out along the way.” Joey stood up and stretched, he looked at Link who was starting to stand up, a bit shaky. “Well Link, I guess you should have stayed up here.” Kari blushed harder and walked away muttering, “Can you make sure he stays here? I need to change into some dry clothes.” She returned a few minutes later and pulled a fairy ocarina from a pouch at her side. “I can warp us so that we're closer to Lon Lon ranch, but I'd be warping you back to the Temple of Time.” “I think I'd prefer the walk,” Joey said. He smiled and started to walk off leaving them behind. Kari shrugged and put her ocarina away and ran to catch up to him. “Do you remember the way?”