The Twelve Kingdoms Fan Fiction ❯ A Legend Forgotten ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Legend Forgotten
(Twelve Kingdoms)
 
(Disclaimer: The Twelve Kingdom Characters belong solely to Fuyumi Ono, but Mariette and the other unknown characters I am writing about belong to me. If this disclaimer is wrong, then please do not sue me.)
 
Prologue:
 
It had been fifty years since Yoko descended the throne of Kei, but for some reason, she was called to the Mount Ho by an unusual dream, so she was on a boat with her Kirin, Keiki, next to her. Yoko looked up at Keiki with the ocean breeze blowing through her hair and asked, “Do you know why Mount Ho would call for me?” Keiki shook his head. Yoko gave out a sigh and leaned against the side of the boat.
 
 
“I wonder if I did anything wrong?”
 
 
Keiki looked down at her and said, “I'm sure nothing is wrong your majesty.” Yoko gave off a small smile and looked toward the misty mountain of Mount Ho.
 
 
Then why would the Gods summon me?
 
 
Yoko and Keiki soon reached the shore and exited the boat. They headed toward the gates wondering what was going to happen.
 
 
When they reached the gate, the gate opened wide revealing a Nyosen. She smiled at Yoko and Keiki and bowed to them.
 
 
“My name is Shureii and I have come to guide the queen of Kei and her Kirin to the foot of the mountain.”
 
 
Yoko nodded and began to follow the girl, known as Shureii, to the foot of the mountain with Keiki close behind. Before they reached the mountain, Shureii looked back at them and said, “Her majesty will have to go to the top of the mountain alone, while her Kirin stays with me at the palace.”
 
 
Yoko didn't understand why, but all she did was nod and allow Keiki to follow Shureii. Keiki followed Shureii, but he felt uneasy about leaving Yoko's side.
 
 
When Keiki and Shureii were out of sight, Yoko headed to the foot of the mountain. She was fast, so she reached it in no time at all. Yoko stared at the gate of the mountain and felt her hand shake. Yoko gripped her shaking hand and took a deep breath in to calm her nerves.
 
 
Yoko clenched her fist in determination and pushed the gate open revealing a stairway. She walked up the stairs as the gates closed nehind her. She soon reached the top and looked up at the white ceiling, where the Gods were watching her from.
 
 
“Why have you called me?”
 
 
A glimmer of light filled the room causing Yoko to look around confusingly.
 
 
“Queen of Kei.”
 
 
Yoko looked back up, when she heard her title, and saw the light grow brighter. She placed her hand on her forehead to shade her eyes as she heard the God speak.
 
 
“You have ruled galantly for fifty years, so we believe that it is time that you hear about one of the great rulers of Kei.”
 
 
“Do you mean Tatsu-Ou?”
 
 
“No, this ruler was after Tatsu-Ou's time.”
 
 
“Is it Yo-Ou then?”
 
 
“No, this ruler is before Yo-Ou.”
 
 
Yoko thought awhile and shook her head. She looked back up at the ceiling and said, “That can't be. After Tatsu-Ou ruled it was Yo-Ou wasn't it?”
 
 
“That is what the books say, but it isn't so. The ruler we are about to reveal to you was erased from the Twelve Kingdoms.”
 
 
Yoko gasped in surprise and asked, “Why?” The light grew brighter causing Yoko to shut her eyes. Yoko felt like she was floating and opened her eyes only to see a dark world.
 
 
Where am I?
 
 
Yoko felt a wind and turned around only to see the Shashinboku in the dark void.
 
 
“Why is that there?”
 
 
Yoko suddenly heard whispers and tried to listen carefully.
 
 
“You wanted to know why the ruler was erased from the Twelve Kingdoms, so we shall reveal it to you step-by-step.”
 
 
The wind suddenly picked up causing Yoko to hold her hair back and stare at the Shashinboku. A single Ranka fell from the Shashinboku and flew along with the wind causing it to disappear into the darkness.
 
 
“The Ranka!” exclaimed Yoko as she stared at the empty space, where the Ranka vanished from. Yoko began to hear the whispers again and struggled to listen.
 
 
“Watch and learn Queen of Kei for you are about to see the life of the first Queen of Kei, Mariette.”