The Twelve Kingdoms Fan Fiction ❯ A Legend Forgotten ❯ The Boy and the Youma ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Disclaimer: The Twelve Kingdom Characters belong solely to Fuyumi Ono, but Mariette and the other unknown characters I am writing about belong to me. If this disclaimer is wrong, then please do not sue me.)
 
Chapter 15: The Boy and the Youma
 
A flash of light appeared forcing Yoko to shut her eyes. When the light cleared, Yoko opened her eyes and said, “Can't you guys just tell me when the time change is going to happen? I'm going to become blind if this continues.”
 
 
“Two months have passed.”
 
 
Yoko gave out a sigh and said, “You guys weren't even listening.” The scene of the lake appeared before her.
 
 
Wuya was sewing up a shirt, while leaning against a tree. Toshi was sitting shirtless next to another tree pouting. Mariette on the other hand was playing with Usagi, Yuki, and Kishi, who had transformed into a black cat. Toshi glared at the pets of Mariette.
 
 
“Those animals are just trying to piss me off by destroying my shirt,” said Toshi angrily.
 
 
“You think?” said Wuya as she sewed his tattered shirt. Toshi looked at his sister and asked, “Are those animals trying to keep Mariette to themselves?”
 
 
“What makes you think that?” said Wuya in a sarcastic tone. Toshi gave a whimper and looked down sadly.
 
 
“If I knew this was going to happen, I would have objected against those animals staying with us,” said Toshi. Wuya gave out a sigh and looked at Toshi.
 
 
“Look on the bright side. They're animals and you are human, so you can marry Mariette and not them,” pointed out Wuya. Toshi burst into a smile and said, “That's right.”
 
 
 
 
Toshi smirked toward Mariette's pets and said, “No matter what they do to me, I still have the upper hand.” Wuya shook her head and continued to sew up his shirt.
 
 
Mariette played with her pets happily. She suddenly saw Usagi run into the woods and ran after him with Yuki and Kishi behind her. She looked back at Wuya and Toshi and said, “I'll be right back.” They gave a nod and watched Mariette disappear into the woods with Yuki and Kishi behind her.
 
 
Mariette ran after Usagi and called out to him. Mariette suddenly caught the scent of blood, but refused to grow weak from it. She continued to follow Usagi as the scent of blood increased.
 
 
“Mariette,” said Kishi in his own language.
 
 
“I know,” said Mariette as she tried her best to look strong. They followed Usagi all the way to a clearing. To their surprise they saw a boy in red clothing tending to a Tenken's bloody wound. Mariette's cat features popped out because of her surprise, but then she tucked them back in and continued to stare at the boy and the Youma.
 
 
The boy tried to stop the bleeding, by placing different tattered clothes on it. The boy's face was filled with worry as he tried to help the Tenken.
 
 
“You'll be fine, Rokuta,” the boy said as he pressed the different clothes against the wound.
 
 
Mariette approached the boy with Yuki, Usagi, and Kishi behind her. She poked the boy's shoulder causing him to gasp in surprise. He faced her filled with surprise.
 
 
“Do you need help?” asked Mariette. The boy glared at Mariette and said, “Get away from me human.” Mariette blinked in confusion.
 
 
“Why?”
 
 
The boy held the Tenken protectively and said, “You're here to hurt Rokuta. All humans want to kill him because he's a Youma.” Mariette shook her head.
 
 
“I would never hurt a Youma like him,” said Mariette. The boy glared at her and said, “Prove it.”
 
 
Mariette held a hand to Yuki, Usagi, and Kishi and said, “I own two Youmas and a Sugu and I would never hurt them. Especially since I gave them names like how you gave your Youma a name. The Tenken is named Usagi, the Toutetsu is named Kishi, and the Sugu is named Yuki.” She flashed the boy a cheerful smile and added, “They are my friends.”
 
 
The boy was still unsure, but then nodded. Mariette asked if she could help his Youma again. The boy nodded this time.
 
 
Mariette removed the clothes on the Tenken's wound and noticed the slash on its side with fresh blood. Mariette gave a nod and said, “This wound is almost like Usagi's when I first found him. The only difference is that it's fresh.”
 
 
Mariette looked at the boy seriously and asked, “How did this happen?” The boy clenched his fist and said, “Some humans on a mountain spotted us and fired arrows at us. I was unhurt, but Rokuta got slashed on the side.”
 
 
Mariette looked back at the wound and said, “I really wish people wouldn't do this.” Mariette pulled out a bottle from her pocket and splashed it on the wound causing the Tenken to cry out in pain.
 
 
“What did you do to him?” asked the boy angrily causing Mariette to gasp in surprise. Her cat features popped out making the boy surprised. Mariette tucked her cat features in immediately and looked back at the boy. Mariette petted the Tenken gently allowing it to calm down.
 
 
“I just placed medicine on the wound. It should heal within minutes.”
 
 
“Like I would believe that and what's with the cat ears and tail,” said the boy suspiciously. Mariette stated that she was a half-beast in a plain tone. Within a minute, the Tenken's wound was healed. The boy stared at the healed wound in amazement.
 
 
“That can't be,” he said. Mariette gave a small giggle as she placed the medicine back in her pocket.
 
 
“This is a medicine I learned to make a month ago. Looks like it is very effective,” said Mariette happily. The boy nodded.
 
 
Mariette looked at her three pets and said, “We should head back.” Yuki, Usagi, and Kishi nodded as they followed Mariette.
 
 
The boy looked back at Mariette and asked, “Who are you?” Mariette looked back at him with a smile and said, “My name is Mariette.”
 
 
The boy smiled at her and said, “Well Mariette, my name is Kouya. You helped Rokuta, so I am forever in your debt.” Mariette giggled at him and said, “Thank you.”
 
 
Mariette wished him goodbye and ran off into the woods with her three companions behind her feeling glad that she had conquered her weakness for the day.
 
 
The boy, known as Kouya, smiled in Mariette's direction, and said, “I hope we meet again.”
 
 
Yoko stared at the scene in amazement.
 
 
“Even Kouya met her?” asked Yoko in disbelief.
 
 
“That is correct.”
 
 
“He's a God, so shouldn't he remember her. Why doesn't he remember her?” asked Yoko.
 
 
“Just watch.”
 
 
Yoko clenched her fist wondering what she would discover next about Mariette.
 
(This is the last of the mega update and the end of the beast arc. I bet some of the fans knew who the boy was at a glance. The next arc is obviously another time skip, so stay tune.)