Tokimeki Memorial Fan Fiction ❯ Toki Days ❯ Connections ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Toki Days
 
A Tokimeki Memorial - Happy Days Crossover / Slightly AU, Romance, Comedy, Drama, Parody
 
by Sailor Enlil
 
Tokimeki Memorial: Forever With You story with a flavor of Happy Days
 
Synopsis: Shiori Fujisaki starts her 2nd year in Kirameki Highschool with vague memories of her childhood. On the first day of school when she arrives at the gate, Rei Ijuuin, the Principal's grandson, makes his usual grand entrance via a limousine and cheering girls, a routine he's gone through since junior high. However, a new male transfer student in a black leather jacket arrives as a passenger on a motorcycle, and when he removes his helmet, he's dashingly handsome with a greased hairdo and carries himself like a debonair gentleman, effectively drawing the girls away from Rei. Meanwhile, as Shiori looks at him, she gets a nagging feeling in her heart that there's something strangely familiar about him.
 
Tokimeki Memorial is property of Konami; Happy Days is the creation of Garry Marshall and property of the American Broadcasting Company
 
 
Chapter prologue
 
(Sunday, April 19, 1997, Late Morning, Aoi's Drive-In)
 
“So, how's it going with Mio-san?” Potsu asked Yoshio. The two best friends were seated at a table at their hangout, waiting for the rest of the gang to arrive.
 
Yoshio sighed. “Man, nothing much really. I was hoping she'd go out with me to the Amusement Park today, but she said she was too busy on a research paper.”
 
“Hmm, come to think of it our load of homework's been rather heavy these past few days.” said Potsu.
 
“Tell me about it. Mio-san had to remind me as well.” said Yoshio, before he paused. “I wonder if there are any girls out there who think of us as men.” he wondered out loud.
 
“There are, but Yumi-chan's friends are too short.” said Potsu flatly.
 
“Hmm, let me check on that” said Yoshio, taking out his infamous “girl database” phonebook, flipping through it. As he rummaged through it, his face slowly fell, until he eventually bowed his head in defeat. “Yeah, you're right” he conceded. He was snapped out of his reverie by a hard smack to the head. “OWWWW!!!”
 
Oni-chan!” growed Yumi. “Aren't you fed up with that stupid phonebook of yours!?”
 
“No way!” replied Yoshio. “Somebody has to keep a class record.”
 
“Hmmph! A class record of the girls.” said Yumi.
 
“Says you.” retorted Yoshio. “It's so happened I got Ijuuin-san's number here as well.”
 
“Hey! What's up Ichigo-chan?” said Fonzu.
 
Yumi sighed. “I thought you taught my brother enough about dating girls and stuff.”
 
“So did I” said Fonzu. “Saotome-san, can't you ditch that silly phonebook of yours?”
 
“Um, well...” Yoshio stuttered.
 
“I guess old habits die hard.” commented Fonzu.
 
 
 
 
Opening Theme
 
Nichi, Tsuki, Toki Days
Ka, Sui, Toki Days
Moku, Kana, Toki Days
Tsuchi, what a day
Groovin' all week with you
 
These days are all,
Tokimeki (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Share them with me (Itoshii)
 
Sayonara grey sky, hello aoi.
When I hold you it's so sugoi.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long.
 
These days are all,
Share them with me (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Tokimeki (Itoshii)
These Toki Days are yours and mine (These Toki Days are yours and mine), Toki Days
 
Opening Theme Ends
 
 
Chapter 14: Connections
 
“You alright man?” Fonzu continued.
 
“He's upset because Kisaragi-san declined his offer for a date for today.” said Potsu.
 
“Do you have to keep reminding me?” grumbled Yoshio.
 
“Well it can't be helped.” said Fonzu. “Lots of homework to do for the next few days.”
 
“Yeah, that's what she said.” said Yoshio.
 
“Give her a break.” said Fonzu. “Like I told you, you gotta be patient with her.”
 
“Easier said than done.” replied Yoshio.
 
“Hey, look at me, I waited 12 years to find my old girl.” said Fonzu.
 
“Well, I don't think I can last that long.” replied Yoshio.
 
“Yoshio-kun” said Yuko as she arrived with Shiori and Kaji. “Having girl problems again?”
 
“Tell me about it” said Yoshio flatly.
 
“Yoshio-kun, you can't worry about it right now” said Shiori.
 
“Shiori-san's right.” said Fonzu.
 
“Ugh” Yoshio exhaled.
 
“Tell you what” said Fonzu. “If I'm not mistaken, things should ease up by the end of this coming schoolweek, and all of us will have lots of freetime.”
 
“What do you have in mind, Fonzu-niisan?” asked Kaji.
 
“We could use more practice for our Rock Band Club.” said Fonzu. “And next Sunday will be excellent.”
 
“What good will that do?” asked Yoshio.
 
“How about we invite a few friends to watch?” suggested Fonzu. “Like Kisaragi-san for instance?”
 
“Oh?” piped Yoshio.”Hmm, come to think of it, I never mentioned our band to her at all.”
 
“Hey, there's your break, Yoshio” said Potsu. “You could impress her with a song.”
 
“Hmm, yeah, I never thought of that before” said Yoshio. “Alright. Let's do it!”
 
“That's the spirit!” said Fonzu. “Meantime, let's chow?”
 
“Yeah, I almost forgot it's lunch time” said Potsu.
 
“Yeah, I'm starving!” said Yuko, taking a seat at the table, followed by Fonzu, Kaji, Shiori, and Yumi.
 
“Good day everyone” said a middle-aged man wearing an apron as he approached the group.
 
“Ah! Aoi-sama!” said Yoshio.
 
“Hello Yoshio-kun” said Aoi. “Seems you have a new friend here?” he said, indicating Fonzu.
 
“Ah, yes.” replied Yoshio. “This is our new friend, Akito Fonzureri, whom we call Fonzu. Fonzu, this is Aoi Takamuchi, owner of this place.”
 
“Ah! Welcome Fonzu-kun.” said Aoi.
 
“Pleased to meet you Aoi-sama” said Fonzu.
 
“Fonzu-san by the way is from America.” said Yoshio.
 
“Oh? By chance have you been to Milwaukee, Wisconsin?” asked Aoi.
 
“Actually, that's where I grew up.” said Fonzu.
 
“Ah! My uncle Matsuo owned a diner like this in that city in America.” said Aoi.
 
“Matsuo?” wondered Fonzu. “I don't think I recall anyone by that name.”
 
“Hehe, he had an American nickname actually, um, I think it was Arnold?” said Aoi.
 
“Oh! Yes!” said Fonzu.”The place I hung out in back in America was called Arnold's Drive-In!”
 
“Hahaha! So, you been to that place?” asked Aoi.
 
“Oh? Is that the place you were talking about Fonzu-kun?” asked Yuko.
 
“Yep! That's it!” said Fonzu.
 
“Hehe I remember what uncle Matsuo told me after he retried and came back here.” said Aoi. “A group of kids were working part time there as a band to entertain the guests.”
 
“Wow!” said Yuko.
 
“Hehe, actually, I was part of that band” asked Fonzu.
 
“EH??” everyone gasped.
 
“Ah, so you're one of them?” said Aoi. “My uncle was very grateful. He had a juke box in the diner that just didn't work. So he hired the band.”
 
“Yeah I remember that.” said Fonzu.
 
“You know, it would be great to have a band like yours play here too.” said Aoi.
 
“Actually, I'm part of one now, with Saotome-san, Potsu-san, and Kaji-kun. It's a club actually” said Fonzu.
 
“Ah! Perhaps you should consider performing here? Like on weekends maybe?” suggested Aoi.
 
“Well, if our school will allow it.” said Yoshio.
 
“I'll talk to Ijuuin-san about it” said Fonzu.
 
“Excellent! I look forward to it should you consider it.” said Aoi. “By the way, shall I take your orders?”
 
“Oh sure!” said Yoshio. Most of the gang had Cheezeburgers, whereas Potsu had a Chili Hotdog, while Shiori had her favorite, Spagetti. Soda was ordered by everyone. Within minutes everyone had their order and started having lunch.
 
“Enjoy!” said Aoi, after delivering the gang's orders, then went back to the kitchen. The gang then continued their conversation as they hand their lunch.
 
“So that's where you got your music experience?” asked Potsu.
 
“Yep.” said Fonzu. “We played mostly 50's rock music back then.”
 
“So that's why you like 50's rock music.” said Shiori.
 
“Indeed. It was great party music.” said Fonzu. “The girls especially loved it.”
 
“Really?” asked Yuko.
 
“Well, at least the girls there in Milwaukee did.” said Fonzu. “And each time we performed, everyone took to the dance floor.”
 
“That's nice” said Shiori.
 
“Hmm, you think we could do the same thing here?” asked Potsu.
 
“Well, we could give it a try.” said Fonzu. “I admit I had no idea what I was in for when I first started performing, but it sure was great.”
 
“If you say so.” said Yoshio. “By the way, how about that childhood friend of yours? Found her yet?”
 
“Nope. Not yet.” Fonzu lied again.
 
“But if you don't remember her how will you find her?” asked Yuko.
 
“Somehow I just know it.” said Fonzu with confidence. “When I see her, I'll know it's her. I'm sure of it.”
 
“Wow.” said Shiori. “You're so confident Fonzu-kun” she thought to herself.
 
“Uh, Shiori-chan?” said Potsu.
 
“Ah! Hai?” blurted Shiori as she snapped out of her reverie.
 
“Going off into your own world again?” Potsu snickered.
 
Mou!” moaned Shiori.
 
“You know, I'm starting to think...” He began, until he jumped a bit and yelped. “OWWW!!!”
 
“Cool it Potsu-kun!” said Yuko sternly. It turns out she kicked Potsu in the shin and caused his pain.
 
“Um, is something going on here?” asked Fonzu.
 
“Oh, nothing!” said Yuko innocently, before she turned to Potsu and glared at him. “Right?” she said sharply.
 
“Oh! Right! Nothing! Nothing at all!” said Potsu nervously, apparently fearful of another kick from Yuko.
 
Fonzu chuckled. “Boy, the things you guys come up with.” He paused. “Anyway, are we all done with lunch?”
 
“Yeah! I'm stuffed” said Kaji.
 
“Me too” said Yuko.
 
“I guess we all are” said Shiori.
 
“Okay.” said Yoshio, before turning towards the kitchen. “Ne! Aoi-sama! Check please!”
 
 
 
Ending theme
 
Sayonara grey sky, hello aoi.
When I hold you it's so sugoi.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long.
 
These days are all,
Share them with me (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Tokimeki (Itoshii)
These Toki Days are yours and mine (These Toki Days are yours and mine), Toki Days
 
Ending Theme Ends
 
 
Chapter Epiloge
 
“Geez, I wonder why Potsu keeps making those wisecracks.” said Shiori as she walked with Fonzu to her home.
 
“Beats me.” said Fonzu. “I guess that's his way of poking fun on friends.”
 
“Well, whatever.” said Shiori. “You know, I can't help but wonder about your, um, quest to find your childhood friend. Will you really find her?”
 
“Well, whether or not I actually find her I may not know, but I truly believe I'll meet her again.” said Fonzu.
 
“Sometimes I wonder, if there is someone destined for me.” admitted Shoiri. “I guess maybe that's another reason I don't want to go steady with any boy just yet.” said Shiori.
 
“Don't worry about that.” said Fonzu. “You'll find that special someone, like I'll find mine. And once I find my old childhood friend, I swear I'll stay with her forever.”
 
“That's very noble of you” said Shiori.
 
“When you put your mind to it, you can do it.” said Fonzu. “I've made it this far, haven't I?”
 
“Yeah, you're right.” said Shiori. “I just wish I could be as confident as you in those matters.”
 
“Yes you can.” said Fonzu. “I believe it so. You've done so well in school. I'm sure you can do more. And like I said, if you need anything or need to talk, I'm right here.”
 
“Thank you.” said Shiori.
 
 
 
-TBC
 
A/N: This chapter had a lot of revisions. At first I considered actually blending the original Happy Days storyline into this fanfic by linking the original Fonz to Fonzu (i.e. Fonzie being Fonzu's grandfather, so Spike, Fonzie's adopted son, would have been Fonzu's father), but timeline conflicts seem to have come up (Spike would have had to be an adult by 1979 to have reared Fonzu, and I'm not certain if Spike was really old enough - it's only known that Spike was adopted by Fonzie by the end of the TV series, but it's not confirmed what year it is in the story by then, and how old Spike was). Instead, I just decided on a cameo of the original Arnold's Drive-In. Also, Aoi, owner of the gang's hangout, is introduced.
 
Happy Days fans will recognize the gag in the prologue about Yoshio “wondering if there are any girls who think of us as men.”
 
Stay tuned!