Tokyo Babylon Fan Fiction / X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ A Mother's Love ❯ Part 2: The Promise Day ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 2 Warnings:

A little gore,

Death,

Previous warnings still apply

Seishirou sat at the edge of his bed wearing only a white dress shirt and a pair of black dress pants, and held a cigarette in his right hand. The only light in the room came from the moon staring down at him. He ran his left hand through his hair, and the blood that covered both his hand and sleeve left a trail.

Realizing what he did Seishirou lip curled into a disgusted sneer. Seishirou sucked another drag out of his cigarette, and watched the blood dry and crust on his hand.

Then to Seishirou's surprise someone knocked at his door. He stood slowly hoping that if he took his time who ever it was would get impatient and leave. When he got to the door he herd another tentative knock. Seishirou put his cigarette back into his mouth, and opened the door with his right hand, and hid his left.

When he looked a his visitor Seishriou's mouth couldn't help hanging open with the cigarette dangling from his lower lip. Quickly he regained his composer, and caught the falling cigarette. "Good evening, Subaru-kun."

"Good evening, Seishirou-san." Subaru responded. "I'm sorry for coming at such a late hour, but Hokuto made me come here before I lost my nerve."

"Why?" Seishirou asked.

"Because I don't think this mornings conversation is over." Subaru said holding his head up defiantly.

"I think it is." Seishirou said with a small strain in his voice. " Will you leave now?"

Subaru closed his eyes, and said. "If you want me to, then yes I will. But I warn you that if you send me away without talking, Hokuto will probably give you a piece of her mind."

Seishirou stood for a minute thinking even as ash dropped from his cigarette. Finally deciding Hokuto's wrath was something he didn't want to deal with he said, "Come in."

Subaru entered the the living aria of the apartment just as Seishirou flipped the lights on. The room was very clean and had a very classy feel to the appearance, which was more than any one could say about Seishirou at the moment.

Seishirou gave a half hearted offer of tea which was refused, and Seishirou retrieved his cigarettes and ash tray. He discarded the stub of the old cigarette, and lit a new one. Seishirou sat down on a love set across from Subaru, and asked. "Why don't you think that our discussion is over? Why drag it out?"

Instead of answering Subaru stared at Seishirou's blood covered hand. Then he asked, "Is that....?"

Seishirou smirked, "Blood? Yes it is."

Subaru began to look a little green. "Why is it on your hand."

"Because Sakura was hungry, and I fixed it super."

"Couldn't you have at least washed your hand and changed your shirt?" Subaru asked nervously.

Seishirou shivered, and took a long drag from the cigarette. "I didn't see much of a point. No matter how much I wash it the blood will still be there."

Subaru suddenly looked less nauseated and a lot more concerned. "Seishirou-san?"

Raising his left hand, Seishirou looked at the crusted blood. He then whispered. "I remember that once in a class I had to read an English play by Shakespeare. It was Macbeth. I remember thinking how weak Lady Macbeth was, because she lost her mind from the guilt she suffered. I almost laughed aloud when I read her crying, 'Out damned spot!'."

Clutching his fist Seishirou rubbed some blood off his palm, and watched the blood flakes fall. "I wasn't quite an adult, but I had killed more people in real life than she had in a play. It didn't bother me one bit either. I guess I had the advantage of not caring about my victims or myself. But now," Seishirou's lip quirked up in a smirk. "I'm beginning to understand, how she went mad."

Placing the cigarette to his lips he sucked in a shaky drag. "I don't think that I could wash all the blood of my hand. It is probably permanently stained from all the blood of my victims. I don't know what to do any more."

Seishirou stopped speaking for a while, and Subaru stared a him in deep thought. Seishirou looked at Subaru, and frowned at him. "I know that look, Subaru-kun. I don't want your pity."

Subaru shot Seishirou a hurt look. "I want to help you."

Seishirou laughed bitterly. "There is nothing you can do to help. I am a murderer. Nothing will change that. I was born and bred to kill people. Even if I wasn't bound to the Sakura I don't think I could stop.

Funny thing is that this morning I was afraid I couldn't do my job, but I was wrong. I enjoyed the feel of shoving my arm through that man's chest and watching him desperately hang on to life until he couldn't hold on any more. It wasn't until after I feed him to the Sakura that I started feeling sick.

I don't think you can help someone like that." Seishirou finished.

Subaru walked over to Seishirou, and knelt beside him on the love set. "That doesn't mean I don't want to try."

"But I don't want you to." Seishirou replied.

"Why?"

Seishirou sat in silence, before mumbling, "Because I don't deserve it."

Anger flashed in Subaru's eyes. "That has nothing to do with it."

"That has every thing to do with it." Seishirou said looking away.

Subaru grabbed Seishirou's chin, and forced Seishirou to face him. "Weather or not you deserve help is up to and irrelevant to me. I want to help you. So I will."

"Why?"

Subaru's hand moved from holding Seishirou's chin to cupping his cheek. "Because I love you, Seishirou."

Despite himself Seishirou leaned in to Subaru's hand. "I told you that, you can't love me."

"But I can and I do. May be you don't deserve it, but people get things they don't deserve all the time. That is life." Subaru pulled Seishirou to his chest.

"You are so pure and good. I'm afraid if I stay with you my sins will rub off." Seishirou rested his face on Subaru's chest. " I don't want you to get any blood on your hands. I want you to stay a kind person. "

"You are also kind person. You just don't realized it." Subaru said gazing down at Seishirou. "I love you, Seishirou."

Seishirou choked back a sob, "I love you too, Subaru."

*_*_*

//That was mellow dramatic.// The dream seer thought even though her own cheeks were graced with tears. *

*_*_*

Seishirou stood on the Rainbow Bridge smoking a cigarette. At the sound of an explosion Seishirou impassively turned his head, and pulled the cigarette out of his mouth. He then dropped the cigarette, and crushed under his foot. He took off his sunglasses, and blinked his mismatched eyes. Tokyo Tower fell.

"Both Kamuis died." Seishirou stated in slight wonderment. Suddenly both of his eyes widened. "But that leaves only Subaru-kun and I."

Subaru landed in front of Seishirou, his shikifuku flapping in the wind. Stranding up gracefully form his landing Subaru's eyes fixed on Seishirou. Subaru stepped forward, anguish obvious on his face. "Seishirou?"

Seishirou tried to give Subaru a reassuring smile, but failed. He closed the gap between them, and crushed Subaru to his chest.

Subaru went boneless in Seishirou's embrace. Seishirou gently guided them down to the ground, and held Subaru as tears fell. Subaru sobbed in Seishirou's arms, and Seishirou looked at Subaru's torn and bloody shikifuku. Seishirou gently rubbed Subaru's back, and whispered in Subaru's ear. "What happened?"

"I… I killed your Kamui." Subaru choked out between sobs.

Seishirou stiffened at the confession. Then embraced Subaru tighter. "I'm sorry, Subaru-kun."

"I can't believe I did it. I don't want to believe I did it!" Subaru cried out. "But I saw him kill Kamui, but that wasn't all. He… he…" Subaru's voice broke, and Subaru sobbed onto Seishirou's shoulder. "Mutilated Kamui's body, and…and I can't even say it."

"Shhh." Seishirou whispered in Subaru's ear. "There was nothing else you could do. You did what you had to."

"I wish I didn't have to." Subaru whispered, hiding his face.

"I know." Seishirou said. Seishirou cupped Subaru's face in his hands. "Look at me, Subaru."

Obediently Subaru lifted his head, and gazed into Seishirou's eyes. Seishirou gently wiped away Subaru's tears. Then leaning forward Seishirou kissed Subaru's forehead. Subaru leaned into the touch welcoming the comfort. Seishirou lowered his lips to Subaru's cheek, and ran his lips over the tears collecting them. His tongue gently lapped up the last offending teardrop, and he savored the salty taste. Seishirou the caressed both of Subaru's eyelids with his lips, and pulled away.

Tears now ran freely down Seishirou's face. Seishirou stared at Subaru's face memorizing it, and on impulse brought their lips together. They both caressed their lips together knowing this is what they needed. Rivers of tears flowed down Seishirou's face as he gently sucked on Subaru's lip.

Subaru's face remained dry, and calm. As they kissed he reversed their position, guiding Seishirou into his lap. Subaru trailed his fingers in Seishirou's hair, and accepted Seishirou's questing tongue. Subaru's tongue slithered around Seishirou's, and Subaru sucked on it. Seishirou put every thing in this kiss, giving his soul to Subaru.

Seishirou barely pulled his lips away form Subaru, and whispered. "I love you."

Subaru calmly nodded, and Seishirou's left hand drove strait through Subaru's chest. "And a world in witch you have to kill has no right surviving."

Seishirou sobbed on Subaru's shoulder, and the bridge fell.