Tokyo Babylon Fan Fiction / X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ A Mother's Love ❯ Part 1: Seishirou Loses the Bet ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Mother's Love part 1

Warnings:

Spoilers for all of TB to volume 16 of X,

AU (Alternet Universe),

Crying, wussy, TB version of Subaru (Still love him!),

OOC (Out of Charactor) Seishirou (He has emotions!It is AU after all.),

Parings: SeishirouxSubaru

Setsuka walked into her apartment, and collapsed in the nearest chair. She rested a bloody hand on her round stomach, and rubbed it lovingly knowing her child and heir lay inside.

"I wonder what kind of life you will have?" Setsuka asked her unborn child. "Will you be happy? Or will your life be filled with pain?"

Of course her child could not answer, but a dream could. And a blind dream seer concerned with the promise day helped answer Setsuka's question, if only to satisfy her own curiosity.

*_*_*

A glowing sakura lit a world of darkness. Under the trees far reaching branches an eighteen year old in a school uniform knelt in front of a doll like boy in a shikifuku*. A feral grin crossed the teenagers face. "Let's make a bet."

*_*_*

/Both dragons?/ The bind dream seer wondered, as she watched the dream unfold.

*_*_*

The same teenager appeared again, but this time he was a man in a sharp suit and wearing glasses. He sat on a bench at the Ikebukuro Station reading a paper. When the same boy from before, only older and in some outlandish clothing, came running by chasing a shikigami. The man's golden eyes zoned in on the boy, and narrowed like a predator ready for the hunt.

Then the boy tripped, and landed on his face. The man's right eyebrow rose in surprise. Then in an instant the man was at the boy's side offering his hand. "Are you all right?" He asked.

The boy looked up, and took the offered hand, blushing brightly. "Yes, I am. Thank you. I'm sorry, I hope I didn't cause you any inconvenience."

The man laughed richly at the boy's over politeness. "You caused none what so ever. I just saw you fall and was concerned."

"I'm fine. Thank you, umm?"

The man smiled brightly. "Sakurazuka Seishirou." Seishirou said with a slight bow.

The boy's eyes widened at the name Sakurazuka, but manners quickly over road surprise. "Sumeragi Subaru, and thank you, Sakurazuka-san."

An amused smile crossed Seishirou's face. "Please call me Seishirou."

"A..all right. Thank you, Seishirou-san" Subaru stuttered.

More amused laughter escaped Seishirou's lips. "You are so cute, Subaru-kun."

Subaru's cheeks flamed red, when he noticed someone kick a hat. "My hat!" He cried and ran after it.

Seishirou's eyes gleamed like a hawk's, and he followed Subaru.

*_*_*

"My son." Setsuka whispered in her sleep, and then clutched he stomach reflexively.

*_*_*

In the sterile walls of a hospital a woman lunged at Subaru with a knife. Seishirou got in her way, and pulled the woman's hand behind her back. The hospital staff came running in to help, and when he turned to Subaru, Seishirou was holding his hand up to his bleeding right eye.

But instead of a pained expression there was only confusion written on his face.

*_*_*

Two pink eyes blinked.

"Ouch." The blind seer said.

*_*_*

Seishirou folded his last shirt in the hospital closet, and placed it in to his suitcase. As he zipped up the suitcase he heard a knock at his door.

"Come in."

Subaru opened the door, and walked tentatively into the room ringing his hat in his hands. "Good morning, Seishirou-san." Subaru said politely.

Seishirou turned to Subaru exposing his bandaged right eye. "Good morning, Subaru-kun." He answered just as politely.

Seishirou then uncharacteristically gave Subaru a shy smile which Subaru returned. Then there was an awkward silence.

"I have something I need to tell you." They both said at the same time.

Both Seishirou and Subaru chuckled awkwardly, then Seishirou said. "You may go first."

"That's all right, Seishirou-san. You may go." Subaru offered.

"You can go first, Subaru-kun. I'm in no hurry."

"Umm… Okay…ahh." Subaru answered, and started to play with his hat.

"Do you want to sit next to me, Subaru?" Seishirou offered, as he sat on the hospital bed.

Subaru shook his head. "No, it's better if I stand."

"Okay, what ever makes you comfortable." Seishirou looked up at Subaru slightly nervous.

Subaru took in a deep breath, and began staring at a space above Seishirou's right shoulder. "I have felt this way for a while now, but it wasn't until you saved my life and lost sight in your eye that I finally understood what I felt. When they took you away to the emergency room there was so much blood that I thought you might die."

As Subaru grew more comfortable his gaze traveled to meet Seishirou's. "I, of coarse, was over reacting again, but at that time I thought I might loose you. And I knew I couldn't live with that. You have become the center of my life Seishirou-san, and I need you. I…I love you, Seishirou."

Subaru smiled shyly at Seishirou, as tears fell from his green eyes. Seishirou smiled sadly, and opening his arms said. "Come here, Subaru."

Then Seishirou found his arms full of Subaru. Subaru buried his head in Seishirou's neck, and sobbed quietly. "I love you so much that it hurts."

Seishirou caressed Subaru's back, and cooed in Subaru's ears. "I love you too, Subaru. I love you more than I ever thought possible

Subaru smiled widely in Seishirou's neck and hugged tighter. Even with out seeing Subaru's face, Seishirou could feel Subaru's joy, and that more than anything made Seishirou feel happy.

Seishirou pulled Subaru off him, and he held Subaru's face in his hands. Seishirou gazed into Subaru's eyes with his one. Subaru's eyes were a clear window to a soul hiding nothing. Subaru was the purist person Seishirou had ever seen, and it was that purity that made Subaru more beautiful than anyone else in Seishirou's eye. But gazing at such a pure creature, could only make a murderer like Seishirou feel disgusting in comparison.

The hands gently cupping Subaru's face shook. "You can't." Seishirou said pulling his shaking hands away.

"I can't what?" Subaru asked.

"You can't love me, Subaru-kun." Seishirou said shaking his head in denial. "You don't even know me."

"I don't know what your talking about, Seishirou-san."

Seishirou laughed mirthlessly. "Of course you don't. I've never let you know enough about me for you to guess what I'm taking about." Seishirou buried his face in his hands, and whispered to himself. "I've screwed things up."

"Please tell me what you're talking about, Seishirou-san." Subaru begged. Subaru gently pulled Seshirou's hands away from his face. "Your crying, Seishirou-san."

"Your the one who makes me do this." Seishirou accused.

"I make you cry?" Subaru asked concerned.

"You make me feel." Seishirou corrected.

Subaru cocked his head in confusion. "Everyone feels, Seishirou-san."

"I don't."

"What do you mean, Seishirou-san?"

"I can't afford to feel." Seishirou said.

"You are talking in riddles. You're not making since." Subaru whispered.

Seishirou laughed dryly. "I've always talked in riddles, Subaru-kun. I would have thought that you would have noticed that already. But then again you can be oblivious to the obvious."

Subaru cocked his head, and confusion covered his face.

Seishirou wasn't paying attention to Subaru any more, but was thinking aloud. "But I guess that is why you need your sister so much. She notices everything. I bet Hokuto-chan knew that I was the Sakurazukamori when she first laid eyes on me."

Seishirou looked directly at Subaru, and asked. "Do you think I'm right about Hukuto?"

Subaru stared at Seishirou with his emerald eyes wide and mouth agape. "Sakurazukamori?"Subaru whispered unbelieving.

"You sound shocked, Subaru-kun." Seishirou said, smiling. "Surely you didn't think that my name and my powers were a coincidence. Or my resemblance to the one in your dream."

Seishirou reached out, and grabbed Subaru's head. Subaru's eyes closed momentarily, and he groaned. Then his eyes fluttered open, and Subaru's lip began to tremble.

"You were the one in that dream. You killed that little girl." Subaru said, as tears ran down his cheeks. "How could you, Seishirou-san."

Seishirou looked at Subaru calmly, "Because she was nothing. She was only a living doll that I broke. Everyone was a living doll that could be broken, Subaru-kun." Seishirou's face contorted in pain. "And then you messed things up!"

Seishirou dug his nails in the bed sheets in frustration, while Subaru cried quietly. "People don't look the same any more. They look almost like they have a right to live, and you look even more different. You look like you have the right to happiness."

"You shattered my world. You destroyed my view of the world Subaru-kun. I don't know how I'll be able to even do my job without getting sick."

"Then don't do it, Seishirou-san." Subaru whispered.

Seishirou laughed again. But this time it wasn't sarcastic or fake. This laughter was real and scary. It was the laughter of someone on their last shreds of sanity. "You really have no idea do you. Is the Sumeragi clan that ignorant, or did your grandmother shelter you that much." Seishirou smiled and gazed at Subaru. "I can't quit being the Sakurazukamori. Even if I was to quit taking government jobs I still would have to kill. The Sakura gets hungry if it's not feed. And if I wait long enough the Sakura will weaken, and I'll be hit with so much magical backlash that I will die. And no ward that you or I could make could protect me."

"Seishirou-san... I" Subaru began.

Seishirou closed his eyes, and calmed down. "Go home, Subaru-kun. I understand. just go home."

Subaru hesitantly stood, and walked to the hospital room's door. He turned around to see Seishirou watching him with longing in his eye.

Seishirou's face hardened, and he growled. "Go home."

Subaru rushed out of the room.

*_*_*

Setsuka began to cry in her sleep.