Tokyo Babylon Fan Fiction / X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Rules of the Game ❯ Part Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author's Note: Well, here's chapter three! Enjoy it while you have it,. Classes started today, and I already have a splitting headache from the single class I've had so far. And -that- class was one of the more -promising- classes. UG. I'll get up chapters when I can, but with another fanfic to wrap up beside this, AND the copious amounts of lovely homework I'll be doing...don't hold your breath, okay?

Disclaimer:

Feye: Kamui! You have the will of God, right?

Kamui: ...maybe...*wary stare*

Feye: *beams* Then you can give me the rights to X/1999!!!

Kamui: Uhhhh...*nervous shifting*

Feye: Awww, c'mon! I'll have Fuuma like you again and bring Seishirou back to life!

Subaru and Seishirou: COOL!

Fuuma: ...but I -like- being the dark Kamui! *pouts*

Kamui: But...aren't I cute?

Fuuma: Yes, but I'm sadistic and I like torturing you. It makes you look even more cute.

Kamui: O_O;; Okay, Feye. You got a deal.

CLAMP: HEM. And we can make all of you drop dead. *sweet smile*

Kamui: ...never mind.

Feye: *sighs* Oh well. It was worth a try. There you have it, folks. I don't own X/1999.

Seishirou: And I'm still dead.

Feye: Not in -this- fanfiction! ONWARD!

RULES OF THE GAME: PART THREE by Feye Morgan

Kakyou smiled in his Dreamscape of void and floating spheres as he watched the scene on the bridge unfold.

::So you succeeded, I see::

The blonde yumemi turned. Another yumemi was sitting inside one of Kakyou's spheres, her lovely face framed by long white hair. Blind eyes watched him intently.

"Hinoto," he greeted. "You are still trapped?" It was more of a statement of fact than a question. Nevertheless, she nodded in reply.

::Yes. The darkness in me still has control. I am imprisoned within myself, while she tries to destroy the Seals.::

The yumemi for the Dragons of Heaven had visited Kakyou in his Dreamscape shortly after her bodyguard, Daisuke, had been killed by the Dark Kamui. Her "darkness", as she called her evil side, had taken advantage of her weakened state, and prevailed over their mental battle at last. The "good Hinoto" had been locked away, doomed to See and never to act.

At least, that had been the Evil Hinoto's plan. When she sent her good side into exile, Kakyou had intervened and tied a psychic link link to her. She had accepted it readily.

"She tries, but she does not reckon with me," Kakyou said. "Though you are still bound, your visions can reach me, and I can act upon them."

Hinoto nodded, smiling slightly. She tilted her head. ::Kakyou?:: she asked, a thought striking her. ::You are a Dragon of Earth, one who wishes for the destruction of humanity.::

Kakyou smiled slightly, but it was not a smile of happiness. "Partly true. I am a Dragon of Earth, but it is my indifference to life that has made me so. Kusanagi does not wish for the death of the human race. He wishes for the preservation and health of the earth."

::But you cannot have one without the other::

Kakyou smiled again, this time wistfully. "I would like to believe the words of that girl who possessed the talent for Dreamseeing."

A vision rose up, replaying a scene from Kakyou's Dreamscapes. A blonde girl rose up to sprout beautiful white wings, and feathers filled the air with holy purity.

"...And also, that the future has yet to be determined..." The girl sighed and dispersed into shards of brilliant light as the vision ended.

Hinoto's blind eyes closed. ::I, too, would like to believe::

"That is why you are here," Kakyou finished for her.

::To alter that future we both have seen...::

"...And had thought was unalterable." Kakyou remembered his special person. She, too, had once given him much the same message as the young girl had.

::I wonder...:: Hinoto began, a thoughtful expression on her serene face.

Kakyou's eyes widened slightly, and then narrowed with amusement. "...If perhaps that girl Saw even father than we did..."

::...If she went beyond us, and we were merely a variable in her Dream...::

The yumemis looked at one another.

"The events at Rainbow Bridge were altered from what we had Seen."

::We altered them. I gave you the vision and distracted my darkness.::

"And I gave the message to the Sumeragi."

They both turned their heads to gaze into a sphere as mist coalesced inside of it. They watched as Subaru and Seishirou took their seats inside a small ice cream shoppe.

::The Sakurazukamori begins to understand::

"The understanding will be long in the coming."

But both smiled as they watched the scene inside the sphere unfold. The future unfolded into branches of possibilities, and possibilities unfolded into infinity. The yumemi's eyes brightened as one scene in particular took the forefront and played out an unexpected turn of events.

::Shall we try to push this future to reality?:: Hinoto placed a slender finger to her upturned lips thoughtfully.

Kakyou's golden eyes held a spark of life that they had not borne in a long time. "Yes, we shall," he answered distantly. "We shall."

*You'll smile, Hokuto-chan,* he thought. *I promise.*

~*~*~*~*~

Seishirou began to seriously ponder the possibility that Hokuto had possessed Yuzuriha's body.

"I -love- animals SO much, which is probably why I have Inuki, he's a spirit dog you know. Oh of -course- you would know, you're an onmyouji! You know, until I came to Tokyo I didn't know -anyone- who could see Inuki, aside from my obaasan, and I was -so- happy when Kusanagi-- I mean, when I met the other Seals and -everyone- I stay around can see him! Subaru-san told me you used to be a veterinarian! Do you like animals too?"

The tirade stopped, and Yuzuriha looked expectantly at Seishirou, eyes bright and curious.

Seishirou stared, and tried to pull his expression into a semblance of composure. He thought back to the year he had spent with Hokuto, enduring her own formidable rants. The only problem was that back then, it had been permissible to look blown away. He had, after all, been pretending to have emotions. Only, now that he actually -had- them, he wasn't sure how to conceal them. Not when every word that came out of the girl's mouth reminded him of a bouncy Sumeragi twin. *I wonder if Subaru thinks the same thing...* he thought suddenly. *Does he still hate me for what I did? He never did say if he forgave me or not*

He would have to ask Subaru about it later.

"Seishirou? You're staring."

The dark onmyouji glanced over at the object of his thoughts. Subaru was smirking amusedly. The older man blinked at him before schooling his features into a calm mask. He bit back the sudden urge to snap: 'I was -not-.' Instead he smiled. "I don't know what you're talking about," he said smoothly. He turned back to Yuzuriha. "Yes, I used to be a veterinarian," he replied. "I still have my license, in fact, though I haven't practiced for years. My mother insisted that I try attending a college of some sort, and that field seemed the most interesting."

Sorata and Arashi blinked. It seemed as if they hadn't thought of or expected Seishirou to have had a mother. Certainly, he had to have...but none of them had ever thought about it.

"What was your mother like?" Arashi asked cautiously. She paused. "If it's not too personal of a matter, that is," she added.

Seishirou shrugged and took a sip of his tea. He set the cup back on its plate, and stared down into it while he answered. "My mother was the Sakurazukamori, a master assassin," he said, describing her completely in that one sentence. "She raised me to be just like herself, and succeeded rather well, I think."

A thick silence followed for the next few moments, before being shattered by Subaru's calm voice.

"She failed miserably."

Seishirou looked at him. "And what makes you say that, Subaru-kun?"

Subaru smiled at him. "We both know you have emotions."

"Whoever said that my mother didn't?" he asked, trying to appear amused, when in fact he was almost disturbed.

"Your mother would never have made the bet that you made with me."

Seishirou didn't have an answer to that one. Nor was he prepared for Subaru to continue.

"Nor would she have lost."

It took an enormous amount of will for Seishirou to keep himself from sputtering. Instead, he stared at the younger man with a surprised and mildly offended look. He opened his mouth--

"And don't you even -think- of denying that you lost, Seishirou-san." Subaru was grinning by now.

Seishirou blinked, and maintained composure. "Do you intend on robbing me of every semblance of dignity I have left?"

Subaru smiled cheerfully and sipped his tea. "No. I never rob."

The dark onmyouji waited.

"Rob is too harsh of a word, really. I mean, whatever would Hokuto-chan think? I prefer 'relieve you of the burden' much better, thank you."

Seishirou stared a moment longer and then looked back down at his tea.

Around the table, the other Seals were having various reactions to this odd exchange. Kamui was trying hard not to snicker, as he knew Subaru better than any of the other Seals. The young Dragon was delighted to see a bright spark of life lighting up those emerald eyes that had been so very empty before. Sorata and Arashi were watching Seishirou intently, obviously confused by and still suspicious of his behavior. Yuzuriha was beaming. She seemed to be the only one outside of the conversation who was fully enjoying it.

Seishirou felt all of these reactions, and was distinctly disconcerted by them. He changed the subject neatly, keeping his voice steady and emotionless. "You know, now would be a good time for me to deal with my old apartment," he commented. "The sooner, the better--"

Seishirou was cut off by a snort of laughter from Subaru. The elder man look at him, mild annoyance crossing his features. Subaru looked back at him. The corners of his mouth twitched.

"Amused by something, Subaru-kun?" he asked, completely stoic once more.

This only snapped the onmyouji's self control. Laughter bubbled from his throat in torrents. "You're flustered!" he gasped at last.

Seishirou raised an eyebrow. "I am -never- 'flustered'."

The younger man continued to laugh. "Oh yes...you are!" he gasped between laughs. "You have...emotions now...and you don't know...what to make of them!"

Seishirou gave up and simply glared at the Sumeragi until he had resided to snickers. "Are you quite finished?" he asked coolly.

Subaru suppressed his laughter and smiled at Seishirou. The younger man's cheeks were flushed from lack of oxygen, and his bright green eyes sparkled. Seishirou was suddenly and strongly reminded of the innocent sixteen-year old from nine years ago. He shook the picture from his mind. Subaru was no longer innocent. Seishirou had caused him too much pain.

And once again, the Sakurazukamori felt a twinge of...something...at that thought. As if he wished he had not hurt Subaru at the end of the bet. *Regret,* he concluded. *I am feeling regret.*

"I don't know," Subaru replied, bringing the dark onmyouji out of his thoughts. "Teasing you is fun."

Seishirou sighed. "Subaru-kun...there are people here. -Other- people." He stared pointedly at the smiling Sumeragi. He ignored Kamui's stifled snicker.

"So?"

Seishirou truly gave up this time. He couldn't handle all of this at once. He finished the last little bit of tea in his cup and set it back in the saucer with an audible clink. "Thank you for the tea," he told the other Seals. "I really must be attending to my apartment." He rose up to his knees before Subaru placed a hand on his arm.

"I'll help," Subaru offered.

Seishirou shook his head. "I can get it on my own, Subaru-kun."

"No, you don't, Sakurazuka-san," Sorata said. "At least one of us is going with you, and I'm sure you would rather it be Sumeragi-san than anyone else here."

Seishirou stared. "I assure you that I am more than capable of protecting myself for a couple of hours."

Sorata gave the onmyouji a glare.

"Against Fuuma?" Kamui asked, his tone deceptively light. "I'm not even a match for him yet, and I'm "Kamui". He also has a habit of showing up unexpectedly, when you least want him to. I suggest you bring Subaru-san with you." Kamui was smiling, but his violet eyes were hard.

Seishirou blinked. He looked from Kamui to Subaru, and back.

"Seishirou," Subaru began. The elder man looked back at Subaru once more. His light-hearted manner was now replaced with cool logic. "I've gone through hell because of you. Now that I finally have you beginning to understand, I will -not- lose you." Subaru's green eyes were icy with determination, and Seishirou thought he could see some of the long-burdened sorrow well up within them.

He nodded at the younger onmyouji. "Fine, then."

Kamui tilted his head thoughtfully. "You might need reinforcements, actually. Fuuma doesn't always travel alone." Kamui was thinking of the day Subaru lost his eye; Fuuma had been accompanied by Nataku then.

Subaru spent a moment in thought. "But don't you need strength in numbers to protect the kekkai Hinoto-hime predicted would fall today?"

"We can call Karen-san and Aoki-san to help us," Arashi said. "They won't mind."

Subaru nodded slowly. "Who will be going with us, then?" he asked, looking at his comrades.

"I'll go!" Yuzuriha waved her hand exuberantly. "I'm stronger than I look, and Inuki and I can help Sakurazuka-san carry his belongings too!" She beamed.

Kamui smiled. "Well, that's settled, then!" He looked at Seishirou expectantly.

Seishirou suppressed a groan. He had hoped to get some time to himself. His head was spinning faster than he could ever remember. In a few short hours, he had gone from expecting to die to appease the hatred of someone he had found he actually cared for, to being hit with the confession that that someone actually -loved- him, -and- knew about Seishirou's Wish. And, on top of that, he was being practically forced to move in with his former enemies.

*A very confusing day overall indeed,* he thought as he stood to his feet, accompanied by Subaru and Yuzuriha.

Although, he wasn't particularly complaining about the turn of events. In fact, he found he rather liked them. At least, those concerning Subaru. He still was leery of living with people who he was certain hated him.

"We should be back before you are," Subaru told the other Seals. "So do you want us to join you at the kekkai?"

Kamui considered briefly. "No," he shook his head. "Yuzuriha, you can come if you like, but Subaru-san, you'd better stick with Seishirou-san."

Subaru nodded. He turned to Seishirou and smiled. "Lead the way."

~*~*~*~*~

The Dreaming Princess shook with fury. On the surface, she appeared calm and composed with just the right touch of sadness gracing her features.

She seethed.

*How -dare- they* she thought to herself. Images of the Dreamseer of Earth and of the reflection she had locked away rose into her mind. She focused on them with hatred. *How -dare- they break my plans*

She fell into her Dreamscape, and watched as a vision rose in the rippling water beneath her.

The thirteenth Sakurazukamori was eating ice cream with the thirteenth head of the Sumeragi Clan. The former was staring contemplatively at the latter, who, in turn, was smiling warmly.

The two showed no signs of wanting to kill or be killed by the other.

The dark Hinoto glared balefully at the two figures for a moment longer before banishing the vision and the Dreamscape away.

*I would have thought the Dreamseer of Earth to have aided me, instead of allying with my reflection. And now Rainbow Bridge still stands, and both Dragons live.*

Hinoto brooded in darkness.

*Kamui and the Seals!* she thought suddenly. *They will want an explanation when they find that no kekkai will fall today...* Her brow creased marginally with thought. *I will just tell them that my Dreams were mislead by the other yumemi. The Sumeragi can vouch for this...Kakyou broke in to speak with him.*

She froze.

*But what else did he tell him? What else might the onmyouji suspect?*

Her blind eyes darkened. The Sakurazukamori and the Sumeragi Clan Head must both be eliminated. They were an even greater threat now.

"Hinoto-hime?" The voice of Sohi and Hein stole her attention. "Are you all right?" They were concerned, completely devoted to her. Thank goodness that that fact made them as blind as she herself.

::Yes, I am fine. Thank you:: she reassured them.

*Yes, I will be fine. I will find a way to destroy them*

She smiled.

~*~*~*~*~

"You weren't joking when you said you didn't have many belongings, Seishirou-san," Subaru commented. "Your apartment looked bare even before we packed up what you wanted."

Seishirou shrugged. "I never had much of a need for personal amenities."

It was true; Seishirou's apartment was quite sterile. He owned some furniture: a tea-table, a couple cushions, the necessary kitchen utilities for cooking, a television (most likely for keeping up with the news), and a couch. The dark onmyouji bypassed all of this and had headed straight for his bedroom, where apparently he kept all of his more personal belongings.

That room, at least, had held some warmth in it. One look around told the even the most casual viewer that Seishirou loved to read. Two bookshelves held veterinary journals, volumes of stories of all kinds, history texts and historical fiction and non fiction. There were even some books covering onmyouji, both dark and light. Subaru had raised his eyebrow at that. Apparently he hadn't thought that Seishirou needed books on that subject. After all, he was the "leader" of dark onmyouji.

Seishirou had quickly filled a medium-sized box with his favourite books, assuring the others that he would be carrying it. One book alone may not weigh much, but a stack of them together accumulates weight very quickly. The extra space on the shelves allowed him to clear off the books that had somehow migrated onto his writing desk and his futon.

In another smaller box, he had packed a little lamp, some writing paper and utensils, a calendar, an alarm clock, and a small photo album. He had avoided Subaru's curious stare. The last box housed his necessary clothing.

"So, is that all, Seishirou-san?" Subaru asked. He had opted to carry the box of clothing, leaving Yuzuriha with the lightest one.

Seishirou thought. *I have clothes, books, a calendar, and my photos.* His eyes shot open wide. "I forgot one thing, Subaru-kun. I'll be right back," he said. *It should still be in my desk drawer*

Subaru gave him a puzzled look before the dark onmyouji disappeared into his bedroom. Seishirou walked over to his writing desk and pulled open one of the compartments. He smiled.

Inside was a framed photograph of Subaru, taken when he was sixteen, still full of vibrant enthusiasm for life. For the nine years that he had kept it, he never was able to discern why he held onto it. He dismissed it as a reminder of the bet that still needed closure. Now he knew better, of course.

Seishirou took the picture and turned to leave.

He froze.

"Going somewhere?" The Dark Kamui asked dryly.

The leader of the Dragons of Earth was leaning against the door, arms crossed, a smirk on his lips, and his posture disarmingly relaxed. The dangerous glint in his eyes warned Seishirou otherwise, however.

The Sakurazukamori's instincts prepared him for a possible battle. The Dark Kamui most likely knew that there were two Seals on the other side of the door, so he doubted the Angel would try anything. But...if he really wanted to kill Seishirou with one quick blow, he would succeed if Seishirou didn't keep on guard.

"I don't see how that is any of your concern," he answered calmly, making sure to hide himself in a mask of indifference.

The Dark Kamui smiled and took a step towards Seishirou. "Oh, but I think it is. I am the leader of the Chi no Ryu, and therefore it is very much my business if one of my Dragons decides to leave me."

"Who told you I was leaving?"

'Fuuma's' smile hardened. "Don't be coy, Seishirou. It hardly suits you."

They stood for a moment in silence, studying each other. Seishirou's fingers itched for a cigarette.

"What exactly did you come here to accomplish?" the dark onmyouji asked finally.

The Angel kept up his false smile. "Oh, just to warn you, that's all."

"Warn me?"

"I can't say I'm too happy with one of my best Dragons leaving, but if you're determined to stay out of the battle completely, then I suppose I can't force you otherwise." He took another step forward. "However, your closeness to the Sumeragi is troubling. And it looks as if you're moving in with him, too. I can't help but think that you might be intending to aid him and the other Seals."

Seishirou said nothing.

The Angel took in his silence, weighing it contemplatively.

"Seishirou-san?" Subaru's voice came through the door.

Seishirou cursed inwardly. He had been hoping that the Dark Kamui would leave quietly before the two Seals became worried.

"Fuuma" turned slightly to eye the door with an amused expression. "Well, well. It seems your little friends finally noticed how long you were taking." The Angel's voice was easily audible through the door.

Seishirou waited for the explosion.

"SEISHIROU-SAN!" The door flew open and Subaru burst in, white ofuda ready in his hands. He was followed by Yuzuriha and a growling Inuki. The Seals glared at the Dark Kamui.

"Leave Seishirou-san alone," Subaru hissed.

Seishirou smiled pleasantly. He knew the Angel was outnumbered and well aware of it. "If you don't mind," he joined in. "I have things to do."

Golden eyes flashed briefly with anger. The Dark Kamui composed himself. "Leave, if you like, Seishirou. But," and he smiled cheerfully, "if you intend on betraying me, I'll kill you."

Subaru growled, and raised his ofuda, but the Angel was already gone: out the window, which, Seishirou noticed now, had been open. The dark onmyouji sighed and turned to look back at Subaru and Yuzuriha.

"Well...that went better than I thought," Seishirou offered.

Subaru stared at him flatly. "Seishirou? Is this an attempt at humor?"

Seishirou blinked at him. "Actually, I was being serious."

The onmyouji gave a sigh of disgust and replaced his ofuda. "Let's go."

~*~*~*~*~

"You WHAT?!?" Kamui shouted.

Subaru's eyes closed briefly. "Kamui, calm down. Nothing happened."

Sorata eyed Seishirou. "See? I knew it was a good idea for someone to go with you."

Kamui was still staring expectantly at Subaru. "Something must have happened," he said. "Fuuma doesn't just drop by for tea and friendly chats anymore."

Seishirou sighed. "He pretty much told me that if I intended to stay completely out of the battle, that would be fine. But, if I was going to help any of you, he'd kill me."

Kamui blinked and thought this over. "Well that's not so bad," he said after a moment. "You don't intend on helping us."

Seishirou smiled grimly. "Define 'help'. I will not stand idly by if I see Subaru-kun in danger."

Another silence fell as those in the room sorted out what all of this meant.

"Well," Arashi spoke up. "This is what we had been provisioning for in the first place. It's not as if the situation has gotten any worse."

Sorata nodded. "This apartment is strongly warded as a refuge for the Seals. That, and with the fact that we're on CLAMP campus should guarantee Sakurazuka-san's safety here."

"Have you gotten your things set up?" Kamui inquired.

Seishirou nodded. "Thank you," he added, aiming his words at all of the Seals. "For letting me stay here." He felt...uncomfortable...at uttering those words, but he knew that it was the polite thing to say.

Various Seals nodded in acknowledgment.

"We'll be visiting Hinoto-hime tomorrow, Subaru-san," Kamui said after a moment's silence.

"Because there was no attack on the kekkai?" Subaru asked.

Kamui nodded. "I think she may still be having trouble with Kakyou-san, but we need to find out for sure."

"Will Seishirou-san be safe here alone?" Yuzuriha asked, sending a concerned glance at the onmyouji.

Sorata frowned. "I don't see why not. Then again, it might be wise not to take any chances."

Arashi spoke. "It would be a good idea to inform Hinoto-hime of the situation, if she doesn't already know. And Karen-san and Aoki-san should meet you in person, Sakurazuka-san."

Seishirou nodded. "All right." He stifled a yawn that came out of nowhere.

Subaru looked closely at him. "You look exhausted, Seishirou-san," he concluded after a couple seconds of study. Yuzuriha perked up and peered at him as well.

"Sumeragi-san is right," she agreed. The girl looked earnestly at him. "You should get some rest."

Seishirou looked startled at first. *Am I tired?* he asked himself. He preformed a quick metal analysis. *They're right. I -am- exhausted* he realized with some surprise. The excitement of the day so far had taken its toll on Seishirou. He nodded to the two anxious faces. He managed a smile. "I'll take a nap then." he looked at Subaru. "Don't let me sleep too late, Subaru-kun."

Subaru just smiled back.

His room was on the first floor, right across the hallway from Subaru's. It was small, but Seishirou had no need for much space. An American-style bed, a desk, a bookshelf, and a closet were already in place before he had moved in. Seishirou's collection of books took up a modest two shelves. He considered maybe going back to his apartment later on at some point to bring more volumes over.

Seishirou had carefully placed the picture of Subaru on the desk (next to his alarm clock), facing away from the door. He wasn't sure if he wanted anyone to see it yet...although he knew it was time he had stopped hiding it in a drawer.

The tired onmyouji took off his black trenchcoat and folded it neatly over the desk chair. His tie came off as well. He'd learned long ago that it was unwise to sleep with those things around one's neck.

The bed was a bit too soft for his tastes, but as soon as his head touched the pillow, he no longer cared. He had just reached the boundaries of sleep when a knock sounded at the door. Seishirou frowned and bit back a groan. He forced himself to get up, hoping he didn't look as tired as he felt.

He opened the door to a pair of bright violet eyes. "Kamui?"

"May I speak with you for a moment, Seishirou-san?" he asked.

Seishirou paused, and nodded. He beckoned the young Dragon inside. "Would you like to sit?" he offered politely.

Kamui shook his head. "I'll be brief. It's about Subaru-san."

Seishirou blinked and gave the boy his full attention.

"I like Subaru-san very much. He's one of the few friends I have, and one I very much would hate to see get hurt."

He paused, and eyed Seishirou. The dark onmyouji noticed that the brightness in those violet orbs drew from determination and suspicion. Seishirou blinked again.

"Subaru-san professes to love you," Kamui continued. "I don't doubt him at all. I can see it in his eyes. But you," the eyes narrowed, "I am not so certain of."

Seishirou shrugged. "I am not familiar with emotions, so I honestly couldn't tell you what I feel for Subaru-kun. I know I feel something strong, but I cannot identify it."

Kamui watched him carefully, taking in every word and scrutinizing his face. Seishirou felt as if his defenses were being peeled away, slowly but inexorably, under the boy's gaze. It unnerved him.

"I just want you to know," Kamui told him, slowly and deliberately, "that if you harm him, I will make sure you die a very painful death."

Seishirou blinked again.

"Am I clear?"

A nod.

"Good. Now, have a nice nap." Suddenly the boy was all smiles again. He even patted the Sakurazukamori's arm before letting himself out of the room.

Seishirou remained standing motionless for several seconds after the Seal had left.

*Wonderful. Now I have two Kamuis looking for my blood. All in one day, too. I really need this nap*

Seishirou let himself collapse onto the bed, and willed himself to sleep as quickly as he was able.

~*~*~*~*~

AN: Reviews are not only constructive, but I -really- need morale boosting right now. PLEASE, just a few seconds of your time is all. I love feedback, and school is being very painful to me. I'm sure all you other college sufferers can sympathize with me. ^^;;