Tokyo Babylon Fan Fiction / X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ To Rewrite Destiny ❯ The End ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue: The End

Tokyo tower. A monument visited by three million people each year. Built in the Showa year 33, it stands three hundred and thirty-three meters tall. On this, the final day in the year 1999, a cataclysmic battle shall take place.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kamui Shirou blocked his Twin Star's attack. The two Shinken clanged as they met. The sound rang out though the silent city.

"You cannot defeat me," the Dark Kamui sneered. "Not when that Wish of yours prevents you from attacking."

"Shut up about my Wish!" Kamui snapped.

Again, the swords clashed. The two Kamui were fighting for different reasons. One to save humanity; the other to destroy humanity.

The Dark Kamui unleashed a blast of psychic energy. The smaller boy dodged the blast and let out his own blast.

Before he could do anything, Kamui saw Fuuma dodge the blast and thrust the blade of his Shinken towards him. Kamui let out a short cry as the Shinken went through him.

"Fuu…ma…" the amethyst-eyed boy whispered.

The Dark Kamui smirked. "I told you. You couldn't defeat me."

The tower began to shake as a massive earthquake began. Kamui sobbed as he felt his life slipping away. He had failed everyone. A flash of bright light hit him as he lost consciousness.

* * *

"Breathing returning to normal…"

"Pulse okay…"

"Looks like he's going to pull through."

Kamui opened his eyes. And immediately shut them once more. The light was too bright.

"He'll be fine now."

"I'll go inform Sumeragi-san."

Kamui's eyes snapped open again. He tried to sit up. Pain seared through him and a pair of hands gently pushed him back down.

"Don't try to get up, son," the man said. "You were badly injured. You're lucky Sumeragi-san found you when he did. You lost quite a bit of blood."

"Su…baru…" Kamui tried to say, but it came out as `Sbrugh…'

"Is he alright?" a new voice asked.

Kamui turned his head to see a sixteen-year-old boy standing by the door. He looked very familiar to Kamui, but he couldn't place the boy's identity.

"Yes, he'll be fine," the doctor said. "Whatever got him missed the vital points. He's lost a lot of blood, but we're pumping more into him."

"Did you find his identity?"

"No such luck there. He's still rather sedated, so his speech is pretty blurred. But that should stop in a few hours. We'll see what we can find out from him then."

"Good. I'll be back to check on him later."

"Yes."

The boy bowed in gratitude then left. Something in Kamui's mind clicked. The boy was Sumeragi Subaru.

Kamui's mind was racing. How had this happened? Why was he still alive? Why was Subaru only sixteen?

Kamui saw a wall calendar out of the corner of his eye. He turned his head and looked at it. His eyes widened in surprise.

It was the year 1990.