Tokyo Babylon Fan Fiction ❯ Desinty Betroved ❯ Enter the Sister ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Destiny Betroved

By: Lacus Klein

Standard Disclaimer: None mine -_- All property of Clamp.


Notes: Okay, so if you're reading this, I'm hoping you liked the first chapter. It's different at least. And this one should prove entertaining.


Chapter Two

Enter the Sister


Miko really had to idea what to expect when she walked up to that duplex apartment. Subaru had invited her over for lunch so that they would be able to spend more time together before the wedding. She was grateful for that. But then came the news that his sister wanted to meet her too. Subaru had told her a little about Hokuto, and she sounded nice enough. But somehow, she wondered about it when she'd overheard Lady Sumeragi speaking of Hokuto. She didn't seem too fond of the other twins 'outgoing' personality.

Ringing the doorbell, Miko shifted a little and waited. "Subaru! Someone's at the door!" she heard a female voice call.

Miko had to smile at the sing song voice she heard. Apparently, Hokuto was already there. After a minute, the door opened and Subaru peeked out sheepishly. He looked overwhelmed. And apparently, he may have been. "Hi Miko. Come on in." he said.

Coming into the apartment, Miko was a bit surprised by the nice furnishings. Apparently, Subaru lived quite comfortably. "Who is it?" a voice called from the kitchen.

"Oh, Miko's here." Subaru called back.

Miko looked over at him. "Your sister?" she said.

Subaru sighed, nodding his head. Just then, Hokuto came hurrying out of the kitchen. Miko was a bit taken by the resemblance. Other then being a boy and a girl, they did look alike. "Finally, I've been dying to meet you!" she said happily.

"This is my sister, Hokuto." Subaru said, trying to be polite.

"It's nice to finally meet you Hokuto. Subaru has been telling me about you." Miko said.

"Hope it was all good things." Hokuto joked, shooting Subaru a look of false anger.

Miko had to laugh. "Of course. It's too bad you couldn't come before." she said.

Hokuto just shrugged. "Grandma is so stubborn. It's not like I would've been in the way. But anyways, you're here now." she said. Then she looked over at Subaru. "Why don't you show her around while I finish lunch?"

Then she was gone. Subaru sighed, still looking down. Apparently, one thing Hokuto was good at was embarrassing him. "That sounds nice. I'd love to see your place." Miko told him.

At that, Subaru smiled at her. "Well, it's not much, but it's home." he told her as he walked her through.

In his room, Miko looked out the large windows at the city around them. "What an amazing view! I've never seen the city at night before. Is it as beautiful as they say?" she said.

"Yes. But the best view is from Tokyo Tower." Subaru told her as he walked up beside her.

Miko looked over at him. "Maybe you can take me there someday. I'd love to see it." she said happily.

Subaru nodded. "Okay. Maybe later I can show you the whole city." he offered.

"That sounds great. I've never been here, so it should be very interesting." Miko said, still looking out of the window.

The two sat down on the floor and continued to look out. "Have you ever left Kyoto Miko?" Subaru asked out of curiousity.

"Not that I can remember. It wasn't so bad there, but I did want to get out and see some new things." Miko admitted.

"It doesn't bother you that Hokuto is here, does it?" Subaru asked.

"Not at all. I'm really glad that I'm getting to meet her." Miko replied.

Reluctantly, Subaru made himself move a little closer to her. Miko looked at him in surprise when he took her hand in his. "Miko, I really want things to work out. If anything bothers you here, all you need to do is tell me." he whispered.

At that, Miko just smiled at him. "Nothing's going to bother me. I really like it here Subaru. And I like being with you. Please, don't be hard on yourself for things you aren't doing." she told him.

For a moment, they just stared at each other. Miko gently lifted her hand and touched his cheek. "Besides, this is a learning experience for both of us. So don't be worried. I like you for who you are." she added.

"Miko, I...." Subaru started. But, unfortunately, he was interrupted.

"Lunch is ready!"

Both of them looked towards the door where the voice had echoed from. "She has good lungs." Miko giggled.

Subaru shook his head. He really wished she hadn't interrupted like that. But there was nothing he could do now. So the two got up and went out to the dining room.

Hokuto had just finished setting lunch on the table. "I was wondering where you two had went." she said.

"Subaru was showing me the view from here. It's really amazing." Miko told her as they all sat down.

"Tokyo has an awesome skyline. You should get Subaru to take you to Tokyo Tower sometime. That's the best view. And at night, it's beautiful." Hokuto said.

Subaru nodded. He seemed to be relaxing more. "Yes. Actually, I've offered to take Miko out to tour the city once things have settled down." he told her.

"Really?" Hokuto said, apparently surprised.

Miko nodded. "Yes. I told him I thought it was a wonderful idea. I've never been here before and I'm looking foreward to seeing it." she said.

Hokuto nodded back. She looked very pleased over the whole thing. "Well, I'm glad. You two need to do things together." she said.

"Subaru mentioned that you like shopping. Maybe you could take me with you sometime." Miko said.

"Yep, I'm a shopping expert! I know all the lastest styles and fashion trends. Trust me, you'll be in the best company!" Hokuto said proudly.

Subaru felt his insides cringe a bit. "You're not going to dress her like a doll, are you?" he said.

"Of course not! I like what she's wearing as it is. We'll just find some more nice things! Besides, where would you be without me in that department?" Hokuto replied, giving a sinister laugh.

Miko smiled as Subaru sighed. Apparently, he didn't get much lee way with Hokuto.

_____________________________________________________________________


After lunch, Miko helped Hokuto finish up the dishes. "You know, you don't have to do these things. You are our guest." Hokuto told her.

"I know. But I wouldn't feel right if I didn't." Miko replied.

Hokuto had to smile at her. "You know, I think you and Subaru are going to be fine. You seem an awful lot alike." she said.

"I hope so. I just wish Subaru wasn't so afraid of me not liking him. I really do." Miko admitted.

"He'll get over it. He's just nervous right now. Subaru's the type who wants love that lasts, so he's just trying really hard. Once he falls into things, I think he'll see that everything will turn out fine." Hokuto explained.

Miko nodded. "I think so too." she agreed.

Hokuto nodded back. "So, where you all talking about anything else back there? If it's none of my business, I'll stay out." she said.

"No, it's all right. We were just talking about the city and all. And Subaru wanted to make sure that I was okay with everything. I just have to keep reminding him that I am. That's all." Miko explained.

At that, Hokuto looked over at her softly. "I think you two will be fine. You're more alike then you know. And if you ever need any help, I'll be here." she offered.

"Thank you Hokuto." Miko said gratefully.

_______________________________________________________________________< br />

"Thank you for inviting me over this afternoon. It was a lot of fun." Miko said as she stood in the hotel lobby.

"I'm glad you could come. Things turned out really nice." Subaru said.

Miko smiled. "Yes, and I enjoyed meeting Hokuto. Also, thanks for walking me back." she told him.

The two walked over to the elevator and waited. "I want to see you again before the wedding. Please make time for me?" Miko said.

"Yes, of course." Subaru said, though he seemed a little surprised.

Miko touched his cheek gently. "I really like you Subaru Sumeragi. Remember that." she said. As the elevator opened, she gave him a quick kiss and went inside, waving as the door closed.

Subaru just stared for a moment, touching his lips gently. Then he had to smile. Maybe things were working out.


TBC

Notes: Aw, too sweet. Anyways, I hope Subaru doesn't seem OOC. Maybe a little, but not much I hope. Also, for Miko's character, she's just naturally sweet like that. Compare her to a character that just seems to love everyone. That's just her. Also, I guess the wedding is coming up. What of Seishiro you ask? You'll see!