Tokyo Babylon Fan Fiction ❯ Desinty Betroved ❯ A Change Of Plans ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Destiny Betroved

By: Lacus Klein


Disclaimer: All characters owned by Clamp.


Chapter Three

A Change of Plans


"Subaru, don't act so shy about the whole thing!"

Hokuto glared at him from where she sat at the table. Across from her, Seishiro smiled. "Well, this is all certainly a surprise. It's come sooner then you'd expected." he said.

"Yeah." Subaru admitted, scratching the back of his head.

"Well it's not like you two are strangers anymore! You got along fine in the last two meetings." Hokuto said, taking another bite out of her sandwich.

Subaru felt himself blush a little. "Yes, but marriage is a little different then friendly meetings." he said.

"I don't believe you!" Hokuto said. "Stop worrying so much. Everything is going to work out fine."

"All marriages start out as friendships first Subaru. It takes time for any relationship to evolve. But if you two are getting along well now, then it looks like things will turn out well." Seishiro told him.

"Aw, Seishiro! Always giving wonderful advice." Hokuto said.

Subaru had to smile. He and Miko had become good friends in a short time. Perhaps his worries really were nothing. Seishiro looked over at him from his coffee cup. "So, when will I get to meet your new bride?" he asked cheerfully.

"That's right!" Hokuto exclaimed. "You have to introduce Miko to Seishiro! He's been waiting to meet her, haven't you?"

"Hokuto tells me she's very pretty." Seishiro said.

Subaru felt himself blush again. "Yes, she is." he whispered.

Hokuto nodded. "And so sweet. She's a perfect match for Subaru. You'll think so too Seishiro." she added.

"She sounds like she is. Will she be new here in Tokyo?" Seishiro asked, getting up to clear the table.

"Yes. She said she'd like to go sight seeing one day." Subaru said.

"Then you should take her. Being just the two of you will make things easier." Seishiro suggested.

Hokuto smiled, getting up and wrapping her arms around his shoulders. "That's perfect! Take her to Tokyo Tower! I bet she'll love the view from there." she told him.

Seishiro watched them from the cabinet window. Looks like I'll have to improvise, he thought.

________________________________________________________________


Three days later was the wedding. Standing out among the Sakura trees, Subaru watched the guests move about with Miko. Glancing over at her, he couldn't help but admire how beautiful she looked. Her wedding dress was simple, yet elegant. He was glad they hadn't made them go completely traditional. But part of that also was the western culture influence in Miko's family. He found it very interesting to see the two cultures mix.

Beside him, Miko looked over. "It's such a nice day Subaru. I'm glad the rain cleared up." she said happily.

"Yes. Me too." Subaru said. He watched as some sunlight filtered through the flowers, casting shadows here and there.

Suddenly, Hokuto came bustling up to them. She dragged Seishiro along. "Hey, it's about time I could get you two!" she said happily.

"It's nice to finally see you again Hokuto." Miko said.

"You look so beautiful." Hokuto said, pushing Miko's hair back. Then she looked over at Subaru. "See? I told you everything would be fine."

"I see you have a friend Hokuto." Miko said, looking over at Seishiro.

Hokuto smiled. "Yep. This is Seishiro Sakurazuka. He's our friend, and my boyfriend." she told her.

Miko bowed her head politely. "It's nice to meet you Mr. Sakurazuka." she said.

Seishiro smiled, giving a bow back. "Please, just call me Seishiro. It's nice finally meeting you too. Subaru and Hokuto have been telling me about you." he said.

"Seishiro runs a Veteranary clinic in town. We drop by there a lot and he's been helping me with some of the animal studies I've been doing." Subaru told her.

"How nice. I love animals too. I can't wait to see your clinic." Miko said happily.

Seishiro smiled back at her. But standing there, Miko watched his eyes closely for a moment. There was something about him that didn't seem quite right. She decided not to say anything though. Surely he must have been a decent person if Hokuto and Subaru trusted him so much.

___________________________________________________________________


Standing alone under the moonlight, Seishiro blew some smoke from his cigarette. Today had definately proven that he'd have to change his plans now. The original bet could still be on, but the playing fields had changed. Subaru was married. He wouldn't see him as a lover. But if he could win him over as a true friend, then maybe he'd win the bet.

Seishiro smiled. At the rate things were right now, he didn't stand a chance. The boy was naive, to say the least. Hokuto trusted him as well. He could use her to get as close as he wanted. There was no danger in that. Did that old bag really think arranging a marriage would stop me? Seishiro thought with a decisive smile.

Miko may have been spiritually aware, like Subaru, but she still wouldn't suspect the truth. Crushing out his cigarette, Seishiro felt more confident then ever over the current situation. This wouldn't stop him. It would only make things more interesting.

TBC

Notes: Okay, so I changed things a little and made Seishiro Hokuto's boyfriend. He did this when he found Subaru was engaged so that he could still keep the bet. He plots well, doesn't he? And what of Miko? She definately knows there's something different with him. But there will be a rival thing between them, as far as Seishiro's concerned. Oh, and anyone who's read the manga knows this bet. It changed a little, but not much. Please don't be mad at me ^^: