Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Antidote for Heart Ache ❯ The Antidote ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Did anybody notice the error in my last chapter? I miss spelt Keiichiro's last name. Sorry.. His name is actually AKASAKA. Sorry to all who noticed, and even those who didn't.
DISCLAIMER:
Remember I don't own Tokyo Mew Mew, so y'all shouldn't sue..
Chapter 2: Antidote!
The untransformed Mew Mews, along with Ryou and Keiichiro crowded around the shivering Masaya.
“He's been poisoned,” commented Ryou after flipping through the result papers of tests, he had run through on Masaya.
“I can see that! I'm not blind! I just want to know how to save him!” Ichigo shouted. Everyone stared at Ichigo, even Zakuro, and she looked round them nervously. “I'm worried,” she whispered, tears stinging her eyes.
Ryou sighed and shook his head. He had long given up on Ichigo, it seemed impossible to be able to get her, and especially with Masaya her love there for her, she didn't need anybody else. It had been too long, and he wasn't a kid, the games always had to end sometime..
`It seems that Kish is a stubborn alien,' Thought Ryou. `Not wanting to give up, and even going so far as to eliminate competition to get what he wants! But would that really make Ichigo happy? I wander how advanced these aliens are that Kish couldn't think that Ichigo would hate him forever if he killed her love!'
Though sometimes he wandered how he could ever love such a whiny, rude, slow, bubblehead like her. Ryou walked up to the computer and started clacking away. “Hey aren't you going to help us?” shouted Ichigo angrily.
“What does it look like I'm doing?” retorted Ryou without looking back. `How rude can she get?' “Do you want the antidote or not?” Ichigo immediately shut up, hoping he wouldn't decide to change his mind and give the wrong info or something. Though there was no reason for him to do so..
“Right, that poison was from a snake, but since it's been turned into a Kirema Anima, the poison has a different side to it then normal snake bites... Masaya needs a special antidote, and only that antidote can heal him, or else he'll die. And the antidote he needs is unfortunately quite rare. It's so rare, that my database says only one dose of this exists, and is quite powerful. But don't worry, this one dose will be able to heal Masaya. So your only problem now is finding that it.”
“How long do we have before he departs? Where can we fond this dose? What is this antidote called?” asked Ichigo in a worry.
“I'm not sure, it could be any day, I don't have any info on where it is, you should just trust how your instincts pick up senses of power, and it's called Crystal Life.” Ichigo nodded.
“WHAT? YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE IT IS? AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I'VE GOT?” Shouted Ichigo in a fury. “I'm sorry,” replied Ryou shaking his head, “I don't know, You'll have to trust your instincts, if you feel a great amount of power, then you'll find it.. You should really concentrate though, Masha won't be able to pick it up on his sensors unfortunately, and so You're all on your own.”
Ichigo looked like she was going to have a nervous breakdown. Here was her love, on death's bed, and there is only one dose of antidote, which can be ANYWHERE in this large world.. How can she cope? Ichigo quietly walked out. Lettuce and Pudding were stopped from following her. Keiichiro shook his head at them. “No, she needs some time alone.”
Ichigo walked out to the balcony of the café, where she fell to her knees, tears streaming down her face. `How can I save him? This task seems impossible!' she whispered to herself. “There is no such thing as impossible.”
Ichigo slowly turned her tear-streaked face towards Ryou, who came over and sat beside her. “Why are you giving up? Don't you love him?” he asked sincerely.
“It seems too difficult! We don't have an hour count or any leads? How do we know the antidote isn't in Tokyo? What if its all the way on the other side of the world?” Ichigo sniffled, and Ryou cupped her chin resulting in both of them being able to gaze into the other's eyes.
“You haven't even started and you already claim the job as impossible! Do you love him? If you really did, I'm pretty sure that that love will guide you, and no matter what the circumstance, you'll be able to achieve it, because you know you are doing it to save the one you love. Sitting here and crying won't bring him back, and it won't help him live either. What would Masaya say if he saw you like this? What would he DO if you were in his position, and him in yours?”
No more explaining was needed to be done.. Ichigo understood what he was saying. She nodded, whipping at her tears. “Thanks,” she whispered hoarsely. “I understand, I needed that,” she smiled at Ryou, which made his heart flutter slightly within his chest. “It's okay, you should remember that we're all here to help you out, kay?”
“Yeah.” Ichigo nodded. Ryou stood up, and then held out a hand for her, which she quietly accepted. As she stood up, she saw the rest of the gang behind Ryou.
“Yeah! Na-no-dah! We're here for you!” exclaimed Pudding
“Yeah, we'll help you out!” said Lettuce with a smile.
“You know you can't do this without me,” retorted Minto with a smile. Zakuro even managed to smile and nod. “You should remember Ichigo, we're like a family, we all look out for each other.” Keiichiro said calmly. Ichigo smiled.
“Thanks you guys,” she said in a cracked voice. This is what she loved, the fact that they were like a big family, always having fun together, always looking out for one another, and always there to help with caring the burdens of others. “For Masaya's sake, we'll find that antidote!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a Saturday, so it was easy to get out of the house to start searching for the antidote. `Just trust your animal instinct. When you feel the great power, you will know when you see it,' Those were the words that Ryou had left the Mew Mews, as they began their search. They each transformed then headed out, determination graced their features, and their spirits were up as they began their search for the `Crystal Life'.
They split into two groups to gain faster results. One was of Minto and Zakuro, the other of Pudding, Lettuce and Ichigo. Both groups sped off, searching in tree branches, birds' nests, and then just running through different areas in Tokyo, going till they were able to sense something that could have come close enough to being the antidote..
Some spirits were dropping as the afternoon soon already made its presence, and was soon dropping from the sky, but they still refused to give up.. They had all been searching non-stop, and soon decided to take a rest. Though they would need to have called it a night, as the deep blue soon kissed the sky, and the stars studded the heavens like twinkling diamonds.
The two groups met up at the park, all of them almost collapsing to the ground. “I'm sorry hungry, I could eat a horse! When can we eaat?” came the whining voice of Pudding.
“Not till we find it.” Ichigo's voice sounded firmly. Everybody groaned.
“Come on!” moaned Minto. “We've been searching all day and we've gotten nothing! Look! It's night!” she motioned to the clear night sky.
“Are you saying we should give up?” retorted Ichigo angrily, rising above the sitting Minto.
“Uh, No. I was saying that we need energy so we need to take a rest and eat something, unless you want us to collapse and waste searching time, then you best allow us to get our rest. It's not a smart thing to deprive us, when it's YOU who needs US for help. Because we can decide that we're sick of this and go home to EAT anytime. And I think I remember you needing us for this right?” Snorted Minto.
Ichigo's eyebrows furrowed in anger, and she was about to say something, before her stomach cut in with a growl.
“See?” she retorted. “I'm always right, you should know that by now.”
Ichigo scowled, but then took no heed to it.. “Fine,” she said, “Let's get back to the café and eat something..”
They began walking back, each noticing how the ground seemed to vibrate, yet not sensing anything because of their lethargy. “Ouch!” Pudding fell, then seemed to somehow, bounce along. The Mew Mews stopped to watch the vibrating child, a puzzled look upon their faces. “TTTHHHIIISSSS iiissssss fffuuunnnnnn..nnnnnnn!”
They turned around to see some giant mice Kirema Animas, with Kish Pai and Tart smirking behind them.
“HAHA! We're gonna win! We're gonna destroy you!” sneered Tart, as he raised a hand, and yelled out `ATTACK!'
“Great! Don't they ever leave us alone?” asked Ichigo, as she dodged the attack of one anima and landed softly into a tree. “I am really getting sick of you guys! You know? SUTORO BELL BELL!” Ichigo jumped up, holding out her attack ring that encrusted a heart at the top. “RIBBON STRAWBERRY! CHECK!” She shouted as a flash of light burst forth and flashed through the anima, placing it into nothing, leaving a small average mouse to scuttle away.
“You guys, should really give up, you're too easy!” sneered Minto, as she put herself up for the next turn. “Ribbon Mint ECHO!”
“You guys are getting really old,” replied Lettuce
“Na! No-da!”
“Lettuce RUSH!”
“Pudding Ring INFERNO!” They attacked, leaving some small animals to scuttle away in fright.
The aliens just watched, as they fought each and every anima, easily defeating them. They may have been large, but they weren't fast enough to dodge the Mew Mews attack.
“Why are we doing this? This is so humiliating!” whined Tart
“As they attack, I am currently mentally processing their data, and collecting info upon each one.” Replied Pai in a monotone voice. “Ichigo is the strongest, yes, but she seems to only get it from the others, I am sure that by herself, she is quite unable to defend herself, and as they see her as their leader, they probably won't be able to issue many plans, because they will feel scattered and divided without her.. We get rid of her, then the others will break easily.”
“So what d'you s'pose we do?” asked Tart
Kish perked up, and craned his neck to see the others from his perched position in the air. “We kidnap her, we can even do it right now,”
“No, hhmm..” Pai thought.. `Did they really have to do it so soon?'
Pai never wanted a low form of life within such high life premises, and Tart definitely didn't want that old hag around! They started to make their own little argument just as the fight had finished.
“yes we should!”
“No! Not yet!”
“Do we haaave toooo?”
“Hey.”
“But it'll be okay since they're fighting now right?”
“Hey!”
“No, I don't think we have prepared ourselves for this yet.."
“HEY!”
The argument broke up, as they saw a pissed off Ichigo looking their way, the aliens broke out of their little huddle. “Are you all having a little tea party or something?” She asked pissed off. “Why do you keep doing this? Don't you know that you're never going to win!” she shouted with a shake to her head... Something in her head tingled, and Ichigo got an idea...
“You did this!” she screamed pointing an accusing finger at them, vexation knitting her facial features. “You were the ones who poisoned my dear Masaya! It was your stupid snake anima!”
Kish laughed.. “I thought Pai told you to watch out for his fangs?”
“You should see what it's done to my Masaya! He's almost dead!”
Kish snorted. “Finally the little idiotic brat got what he deserved.”
“NO! I WANT THE ANTIDOTE!” Shouted Ichigo, her face turning slightly red in anger and from shouting. “I WANT THE ANTIDOTE NOW!”
Kish, teleported to Ichigo's side, hovering around her.
“And what makes you think I'll give it to you? My little kitten?” he said smoothly, as he stroked her chin, she thrust her chin away, and posed to strike at him, but just wasted strength as she struck at the air.
“Ichigo! We have the antidote!”
“What are you doing?” whispered Pai furiously. “YEAH! Why do you wanna give it to that old hag?” Kish shot a warning glare at Tart. `I found a way to get her to come to us,' he whispered. “ICHIGO! If you want the antidote the, CRYSTAL OF LIFE!” Ichigo's eyes widened, they knew what she was talking about! So they MUST have the antidote then!
“If You want the antidote! Then you must return to this exact same spot tomorrow night! 9pm sharp! And we can lead you to it! The only catch is, that you must come alone!”
“WHAT?”
“You wanna save your love? Then You'll do it! We know that there's only one dose of this medicine! And we speak the truth! We know the name right? SO Ichigo, you can either come tomorrow and retrieve what you want to save your love, or return empty handed, It's your choice kitten.” He soon disappeared from sight, along with Pai and Tart, leaving Ichigo alone with her friends.
They all ran towards her. “You aren't really gonna go are you?”
“mm” Ichigo nodded slightly. “YOU CAN'T!” cried Lettuce. “Who knows what they'd try to do to you! How do we know they're not lying?”
“Well, they issued the attack, and knew of the poison, bad guys always have the medicine to their own potions just in case it backfires on them.”
“It's not a movie stupid!”
“NO!” shouted Pudding. “Ichigo! Are you crazy? You could get yourself killed! Or worse! Raped by Kish or sexually harassed!” shouted Minto.
Even Zakuro who seemed to not speak spoke. “It's going to be dangerous, and you could be in plenty of danger, are you sure?” Everybody looked at Zakuro as if she were crazy, going about supporting Ichigo in this plan.
“Ichigo's quite formidable, and she is our leader. Ichigo should be able to handle it, she's gotten us out of situations like this before. And if Ichigo wants to be able to save Masaya, then I suggest she go to everything to get things done.” Defended Zakuro.
“Uhmm,” Ichigo nodded. “yes, it's worth a shot, and don't worry, I'll bring it back, and if there's nothing I'll get out of there!” Minto snorted.. Ichigo rolled her eyes. “Anyway, Masaya is the priority at the moment! I'M DOING THIS FOR HIM! Please tell Ryou and Keiichiro when you go back to work on Monday, okay? And don't worry, I'll be fine... I'm doing this for the one I love!”...
End chapter