Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Bad luck turns good ❯ Bad luck ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is my first Tokyo Mew Mew fanfiction so excuse me if it's a little rough around the edges. Pairings are yet to be decided. Please review with a couple favorite pairings included in it!
Disclaimer: I don't own Tokyo Mew Mew!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
 
Lettuce hurried down the street, clutching a parcel wrapped in brown paper to her closely, as the rain started to pour down, “Oh no! Why do I always get stuck out here in the rain?”
She ended up tripping on a rock and sprawled out on the ground, causing the parcel to go skidding out of her grasp.
“Ah! Come back!” Lettuce got up and chased after it, crying, “Waaaiiiiit!”
The parcel skidded across the wet pavement being carried by the water that was starting to accumulate on the ground. It finally came to a stop when it hit the base of a tree.
“Yay!” Lettuce picked it up, then grimaced, “Ohh…it's all wet now…”
She sighed then continued on her way.
 
Not known to her, someone had been watching.
He made a face of pure confusion, “What was she doing…”
He thought a moment about her chasing after the package, then shrugged and jumped away.
 
“I'm home…” Lettuce said, wearily, as she came in.
“Honestly, you always get stuck out in the rain. You have to start being quicker. And it's all wet even!” Her mom moaned seeing the package.
“I tripped…and it kinda went across the pavement…” Lettuce cried putting the package on the table.
“Why must you be so clumsy? Can't you learn to be more grown up and lady-like?” Her mom sighed, picking it up and looking at it.
“Sorry, mother.” Lettuce sighed.
“Go get a shower and change into your dress clothes.” Her mom ordered.
“Why?” Lettuce looked at her blankly.
“Don't act forgetful now. Remember I arranged for you to be picked up by the nice boy that lives down the street.” Her mom put the package back down.
“Mom! You never told me that!” Lettuce protested.
“Well you obviously aren't having any luck finding a boyfriend. So I just decided to arrange you one.” Her mom shrugged, “Now go on.”
“Mother! No! You can't arrange for me to have a boyfriend! I want my own life!” Lettuce cried.
“Go. It's already been decided. He's a perfect gentleman and he has polite manners.” Her mom snapped.
Lettuce ran up to her room, crying.
 
“Why me? Why…” She looked at the dress, “Red is not my color…” She glared at the dress lying on her bed.
She knocked on the bathroom door, sighing.
“What?” Her sister's voice came back.
“I need in to take a shower.” Lettuce sighed again.
“Well you'll just have to wait. Besides, didn't you get one from being out in the storm?” Her sister laughed.
“Let her in there! She has a date to get ready for!” Her father yelled, intervening.
“A date? Sis?” She came out of the bathroom, immediately, “By all means…go ahead.”
“Thanks…” Lettuce muttered going in.
She turned on the water, and waited until it heated up before taking off her clothes and stepping into the shower.
She rinsed her hair, thinking about the night ahead of her, “Why do I have to get such nasty parents? None of the other girls have arranged boyfriends or marriages…well. Maybe Mint does. Her parents are protective. I'll ask her tomorrow. Assuming I survive tonight.” She dropped the soap and crashed against the wall trying to grab it.
“Hurry up!” Her mom rapped on the door.
“I am!” Lettuce yelled, and got a mouthful of hot water.
She sputtered and gasped for air.
Turning the water off, she got out and glared at her reflection in the mirror, “Why was I born this way? No one likes me…”
She combed her hair, keeping her bath towel tied around herself.
 
Lettuce looked in her bedroom mirror at herself wearing the dress with matching red slippers, “Great. Dorothy's red slippers from the Wizard of Oz.”
“Come on! He's at the door!” Her father reprimanded.
“Coming. Excuse me for wanting to look nice!” Lettuce yelled.
“In that case, give her ten more minutes!” Her father yelled down the stairs.
“Whoopee…ten whole minutes.” Lettuce sighed.
She grabbed her purse and hurried down the stairs, being extra careful not to trip or land flat on her face.
“Ah! There you are! This is Henry.” Her mom indicated to the boy leaning against the wall.
He nodded his head in greeting, “Hello.”
“Good evening.” Lettuce forced a polite smile.
Her sister was watching and snickered.
“Now off you go! Enjoy your night out!” Her mom pushed them out the door, much to Lettuce's dismay.
 
Lettuce sighed looking at the menu, trying to find something vegetarian.
“You can order anything. I borrowed my dad's credit card.” Henry spoke up, seeing her frustrated face.
“Oh, it's not that. Um…I just can't find anything vegetarian.” Lettuce sighed.
“Oh! I didn't you didn't eat meat.” Henry suddenly seemed more interested in her.
“Yeah…” Lettuce nodded, “Oh…I guess I'll just have a salad then…”
“They have a salad bar over there.” Henry said, nodding in the direction of it.
(Polite my foot…he's obnoxious.) Lettuce smiled, “Thank you. I hadn't noticed that.” (Please…even I'm not that oblivious.)
“No problem. Glad to be of service to such a pretty lady.” Henry flashed her a smile.
(Help me…somebody.) Lettuce just looked at the drink menu feeling a red blush creep across her face.
“That dress really suits you. It compliments your eyes.” Henry continued the flattery.
(All right…what does he want?) Lettuce thought, suspicious immediately.
“Your slippers match your dress; very pretty. And I must say the red goes nicely with your hair.” Henry smiled.
(Ugh…help me.) Lettuce looked around the restaurant in a panic.
She noticed Mint rolling her eyes as a flustered boy talked with her.
Lettuce pulled out her cell phone and text messaged her, keeping the phone under the table.
Mint looked at the phone: Having problems with your date, too?
She looked around, and then noticed Lettuce, who smiled.
Mint snickered and typed a reply.
No kidding. Where'd you score that cutie?
Lettuce sighed. Then typed back: His exterior is cute, but his interior needs help. Want to trade?
No way. This boy doesn't look me up and down.
Lettuce blinked then noticed that was exactly what Henry was doing.
*Beep*
Good luck. Update me tomorrow what happens.
Lettuce nodded, then put her phone away.
Henry smirked, “So…what time did your parents tell you to be home by?”
“They didn't tell me a curfew.” Lettuce munched on her salad, which had come.
“Wanna go for a ride in my car then?” Henry smiled.
Lettuce flinched, “Sure…why not.”
“Great.” Henry ate his own meal in silence.
(HELP!) Lettuce panicked. (Mom and dad better be happy with me on this one.)
 
Lettuce stared out the window as they drove, “So…what school do you go to?”
“Oh, I don't attend one. I was kicked out for misbehavior.” Henry laughed.
Lettuce flinched again, “You don't say. Well…wild boys do tend to make better company than boring ones.”
“Oh, I'm glad you agree.” Henry turned the car onto a dirt path.
Lettuce couldn't tell where they were going, “Um…how many girlfriends have you had?”
“Oh quite a few. How many boyfriends have you had?” Henry asked.
“None. No one really likes me that much. I'm kind of clumsy.” Lettuce admitted.
“I think you're cute and terrific.” Henry smiled.
“Really? You're the first one to say that.” Lettuce said.
Henry steered the car up onto a cliff, “And now…the moon viewing.”
(Oh no…make-out point.) Lettuce cried inwardly.
He put his arm around her and turned on soft music.
“Um…you come up here often?” Lettuce asked, nervous.
“Yes, I've come up here with every girl I've gone out with.” Henry nodded.
“First date or second?” Lettuce asked.
“Both.” Henry responded.
“What happened to the other girls?” Lettuce asked, now a little scared.
“Oh…they moved away.” Henry shrugged.
“A string of bad luck?” Lettuce asked.
“You could say that. Their parents didn't want to see me again.” Henry laughed.
(Uh-oh…this Mew Mew might need some help.) Lettuce panicked, “Well. I think you're nice so I don't see why.”
“Probably because I caused them to get pregnant.” Henry smirked.
“Oh. That would be a very good reason.” Lettuce smiled, politely, trying to open the door, only to find it locked. (Help!!!!!)
“Something wrong?” Henry asked, moving closer.
“Nothing at all.” Lettuce said, forcefully.
“Your parents told me not to try anything.” Henry laughed.
“Oh really?” Lettuce asked, feeling a huge wave of relief.
“Not like I listen. All the other parents said that, too.” Henry chuckled.
Lettuce felt a huge wave of fear, “You don't say…” (I can't transform! He'll tell everyone he knows and more!)
“So many parents are protective.” Henry moved even closer.
Lettuce still smiled, “I know…they won't let me live my own future.”
“Right. Mine disowned me, so I'm free to do what I want.” Henry shrugged.
Lettuce trembled uncontrollably. (Oh…help me. I don't like this guy at all.)
She glanced at the clock. It said 10:15.
(They won't miss me until midnight at least…) Lettuce panicked. (I can't hold him off for 2 hours or longer! Help me!)
“You want to experience a unique sensation?” Henry asked.
“How many others have you asked that?” Lettuce said, looking at him.
“Quite a few.” Henry pushed himself on top of Lettuce.
(WAUGH! HELP ME!) Lettuce tried pushing him off, but it didn't work.
She felt him tearing at the dress, and the fabric ripping.
(Huh…so much for this expensive and hideous outfit…I'm gonna need help here…) Lettuce struggled, but couldn't get free.
Henry pushed his mouth against Lettuce's lips, despite her struggles. His tongue forced its way into her mouth, causing her to gag.
(Mew mews! Help me!) Lettuce thought, before everything went black.
 
She woke up in a grass field, and slowly sat up, Unh…” Her dress hung on her loosely, torn and tattered in several places.
Pain shot through her, and she fell backwards again, moaning, “I need help. Serious help. I can't even move.” She watched everything spin around her, then slowly turn black.
 
Mint glanced around at the café, “Lettuce isn't here?”
“And she didn't call of either.” Keichero shook his head.
“I hope nothing happened last night. Her date was acting like a real jerk.” Mint whispered, worried.
Zakuro looked over at Mint, and then glanced away.
Ichigo sighed, “Honestly, and on one of our busiest weekdays, too.”
Ryou nodded, “Her help would be appreciated at a time like this.”
“No kidding.” Berry ran by, balancing two different orders on two different trays.
“Ah! Berry!” Tasuku roller bladed after her, and took the one tray.
“Thank you.” Berry sighed, in relief.
Pudding biked by on a unicycle, “No time to play! Gotta keep serving!”
“Then get off the unicycle!” Ichigo seized an order and ran to the dining area with it.
Mint sighed, “No time for tea.” She grabbed two trays and hurried off with them.
Zakuro hurried out, balancing 3 trays.
Keichero noticed Ryou watching him, “What?”
“Oh, nothing.” Ryou shook his head.
“Huh?” Keichero blinked, confused.
Ryou quickly walked away.
 
Lettuce woke up again and sat up in a daze, “Ugh…I feel horrible.” She slowly stood up and staggered to a path and started walking down it.
She wavered back and forth, unbalanced and unsteady. (I need help.)
She continued staggering down the pathway until she reached a road, “Oh great…and no sign of any cars.”
*Ring ring ring*
“Hello?” She answered her phone, wearily.
“Where the heck are you?!” Her mother's voice yelled.
“I believe that date was your idea.” Lettuce moaned, leaning against a tree.
“Yes it was! Where are you?”
“Leaning against a tree. Stranded. With no idea of where I am.” Lettuce responded, looking around.
“How did you get there?”
“I don't know. I walked down a dirt road. I woke up in a field.” Lettuce replied, starting to walk again.
“What happened to your date?”
“Don't know, don't care. I hate him.” Lettuce said.
“Did he make a move?”
“This outfit is ruined because of him. It's torn in several places…and my shoes are gone come to think of it.” Lettuce looked down at her feet.
“What?! Oh my poor baby! I'll call the police and have them look for you!”
(Now she cares about me…) “Thanks mom.” Lettuce sighed.
“Stay where you are! And don't move!”
“If I'm staying where I am then I'm not moving.” Lettuce moaned, sinking to the ground.
“Don't get smart with me in this crisis.”
“It's only a crisis because you made me go out with him in the first place!” Lettuce cried.
“We'll discuss whose fault it is when you're safe here at home.”
“No place safe for me…” Lettuce hung up and sat against a tree.