Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Bad luck turns good ❯ Leaving Earth ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own any of these characters so far introduced. (except Lettuce's family and Henry.) Nor do I own Tokyo Mew Mew.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
She sat and waited for a car to pass, but soon fell asleep again. Once again, unknown to her, she was being watched by someone in the tree.
He looked down at her for a while, then leapt from the tree and landed besides her, glancing at the torn clothes.
“…She must have had a rough time.”
Lettuce didn't stir, unaware of the alien beside her.
The male alien knelt down and looked at her face, closely, then sat down and pondered. (I don't get it. What do males see in her that makes them want to do this?) He continued to sit next to her as time passed slowly on.
No cars ever came down the road. He rocked back and forth, not wanting to leave her by herself, but he knew he'd probably be in trouble if found there.
(I could call father…he might understand. Yeah right. He'd throw her in a cell as a prisoner and probably give my brother a reward for having caught her. Sigh…why must life be so difficult? I could say I found her like this by the roadside…but then he'd ask why I brought her home for…what to do. I can't just leave her here…but I can't stay here either. If the other mew mews found me, they'd kill me for sure. Kish and Tart aren't here either…maybe just as well. They'd tease me to no end.) Pie sighed. (Why do I have to be so nice?)
He sighed, glumly, and stared down the road, as if expecting a car.
~Ring ring!~
He glanced at her cell phone that was ringing, then answered it, “Hello?”
“Um…is this Lettuce's cell?”
“Yes. She's sleeping right now.” Pie responded.
“…Whom am I talking to?”
“I should ask you the same thing!” Pie yelled.
Lettuce stirred slightly, and rolled over so she was leaning against him.
“Urk!” Pie grimaced.
“Who are you and what have you done to Lettuce?!”
“I haven't done anything, idiot! I'm just sitting here! It's not my fault she fell asleep now is it?!”
“Where is she?”
“None of your business.” Pie snapped.
“It is, too! I'm her friend, Ichigo!”
“Crap! Now I'm in serious trouble!” Pie moaned.
“Hey! I recognize your voice! You're Pie from the group of idiot aliens that tried to destroy Earth!”
“Congratulations, detective Sherlock.” Pie growled.
“Unh…” Lettuce sat up, rubbing her eyes.
“Gah!” Pie leapt backwards.
“Huh?” Lettuce blinked up at him.
“Hey! What's going on? Answer me you dumb alien!”
“What…what are you doing here?” Lettuce stood up, backing up slowly.
“I was sitting. Take your stupid cell phone!” Pie threw it at her, “And tell your cat friend I didn't hurt you!”
“Aaaaa!” Lettuce caught it.
“Hello!”
“I-Ichigo?” Lettuce asked, watching Pie.
Pie grumbled, “Honestly…I have better things to do.”
“Oh good! You're alright!”
“H-he didn't hurt me. I think he was protecting me.” Lettuce said, uncertainly.
“Don't say that!” Pie yelled.
“Aww…how sweet of him.” Ichigo laughed.
“I hate humans.” Pie grumbled.
“He's pretty nice…” Lettuce said, still watching him.
Pie turned scarlet.
“Oh…he's blushing.” Lettuce whispered.
“What? Really? Aw man…that'd be something I'd love to see…what? Oh. Mint wants to know how your date went last night. Did something happen?” Ichigo asked.
“That dumb man was not a date! He's a jerk and I hate him!” Lettuce cried, dropping to the ground.
“I hope you heard that, Mint.” Ichigo whispered, “What'd he do?”
“He ruined my life.” Lettuce cried, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand.
Pie watched her, with his head cocked to one side. (Interesting…she's crying.)
“Ohh…hang on! We're going to come and find you!” Ichigo reassured her.
“Oh sure…mom said the same thing about the police.” Lettuce sobbed.
“…I see. Well, just hold tight! We'll try and find you!” Ichigo hung up.
“Yeah, right. Same as before.” Lettuce ended the call and cried.
Pie watched her, “Do you want to stay here?”
“No! I hate this place! No matter what I do only bad things happen to me! I hate it!” Lettuce cried.
“I can take you back to my planet…I'm not sure how my dad would take it, though.” Pie shrugged.
“Please! I don't care if they throw me in a jail cell! Just don't leave me here!” Lettuce begged, “Nobody cares about me until I'm gone!”
“Your friends care about you. Otherwise, they wouldn't have called.” Pie sighed.
“But I'm so clumsy! I break a lot at work, and I'm no help at all! I can't cook, clean, or serve! I'm always taking orders and I mess those up too!” Lettuce cried.
“…” Pie just stared at her in disbelief. (How could someone so pretty be so clumsy? And why did I just think she's pretty…)
“Please! I beg of you! Anywhere would be better than this!” Lettuce cried.
“I don't know…your friends wouldn't be so forgiving…” Pie said, uncertainly.
“Please! I don't care what they think anymore! I won't be in the way, I promise! And I'll try my very best not to be clumsy!” Lettuce pleaded.
Ichigo, Mint, Pudding, and Zakuro landed, all of them in their Mew-Mew form.
Pie just stared at them.
Lettuce paled, “Please?” She whispered.
“Considering it. Really considering it.” Pie muttered.
“Whoa! Your date did that?” Mint cried.
Lettuce flinched, “…I said…he wasn't a date!”
~Ring ring~
“Hello?” Pie answered his own cell.
“You got a girlfriend yet?”
Lettuce looked at him, confused.
“I'm not talking about this! It's none of your business!” Pie yelled.
The entire group Mew Mews (excluding Lettuce) blinked, confused.
“So who is she?”
“I don't have one!” Pie yelled.
Ichigo blinked, “Don't have what?”
“Sure you don't. Human, huh?”
“I don't have a girlfriend, for crying out loud!” Pie screamed.
Lettuce cocked her head, confused. (Hmm…maybe…)
“A girlfriend? Him? Bwahahahahahaha!” Mint fell over laughing.
Zakuro looked away, struggling to keep a blank face.
Ichigo fell over laughing.
Pudding blinked, “Huh?”
“Well I don't mind. Human is good. They're smart and most of them are knockout beautiful. So when can I meet her?”
“I don't have a girlfriend! I'm talking about this later!” Pie hung up, angrily.
Lettuce giggled.
“A girlfriend?” Ichigo laughed.
“Shut up!” Pie yelled.
“The matter at hand.” Zakuro said.
“Oh yes! Hey, Lettuce! Come on, we can take you home!” Ichigo smiled.
Lettuce stood up and glared, “No.”
Pie blinked and stared at her.
“Huh?” Ichigo blinked.
“I'm not going home. My parents don't even care about me. All they do is criticize me.” Lettuce cried.
“I'm sure they really care about you.” Mint spoke up.
“No they don't! They just want me to marry someone who's rich! They don't care about me or what I feel!” Lettuce cried back.
“I'm sure they care about you underneath the exterior! That's why they called the police!” Ichigo argued.
“No they do not! They don't love me at all! I'm always shunned in that family! I hate them!” Lettuce yelled.
Pie watched the argument, and sighed, “Guess I don't have a choice…”
Pudding blinked at him, “Huh?”
“Did you really want to come with?” Pie whispered.
“Please?” Lettuce looked at him.
“Fine. I'm not listening to this anymore.” Pie shrugged.
“Yay!” Lettuce cheered.
“Huh?” Ichigo blinked.
Mint, Zakuro, and Pudding looked confused.
Pie grabbed Lettuce's wrist and leapt backwards, “Adios Mew-Mews.”
“Hey! You can't leave with her!” Ichigo yelled.
“Oh no? Watch me!” Pie smirked, and teleported away.
Lettuce went with, smiling and waving.
“Ryou…we may need back-up information on Pie's home land.” Ichigo sighed.
“You must be joking. What happened now?”
“He kinda teleported off planet with Lettuce.” Ichigo said, sheepishly.
“WHAT?!”
“It wasn't her fault! He just grabbed her and left!” Mint cried.
“Urgh…huh?” Ryou's image turned to the left.
“What's wrong?” Pudding asked.
“Hyaugh! Keichero watch out!” Ryou dashed off the screen.
A couple seconds later, a loud explosion shook the screen.