Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Emotions of Conflict ❯ Prologue: I'll Be Waiting ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This will be my first Tokyo Mew Mew fan fiction. So please don’t be too harsh on me! (Runs off and cowers in fear of being continuously flamed by reviewers, if there will be any.)

“Oh…” Ichigo sighed. It was a warm summer day, and only a few stray zephyrs blew about the air.

Ichigo was heading for the café, as usual. Her hair tied up thanks to the small ribbons she almost always wore.

Though everyone around her seemed quite jovial, Ichigo had a dark cloud hung above her head. She had been having a sinking feeling all morning, ever since she had woken up, she knew something was wrong. Her Mew instincts were kicking in, trying to tell her something. Warn her. But about what?

She sighed again, and continued walking. If she couldn’t figure out what it was, then why should she worry about it? It was probably just the leftover pizza she had from last night that was getting to her. She forced the bad feeling onto the back burner, and decided that she should keep her thoughts occupied with something else. Only one thing came to mind: Kish.

“Ah!” She squealed. ‘Oh my gosh, why am I thinking about him?!’ Her mind raced with excuses about why he came to her mind. ‘I probably just feel like giving him a good ass kicking, is all!’ She attempted to reassure herself. But somehow, that wasn’t really helping much.

She moaned. She really didn’t have time for this. She was going to be late, and the other Mews were expecting her.

She tried to push the thought of Kish to the back burner with the sinking feeling, but that didn’t work. She found her mind stuck on him. She was about to begin pulling her red hair out of frustration as she was walking down the street (Probably looking like a total moron to the people around her.) when realization dawned on her.

Wait a second. Come to think of it, Kish hasn’t attacked us lately…I wonder what he’s up to…’ “Hmm…” Her expression turned grim, and her pace soon slowed so she was standing in the middle of the sidewalk as people brushed passed her. For a moment, she almost thought she saw Kish walk passed her with a giant crowd of people.

Ichigo blinked, but when she looked at the crowd again, he was gone. She frowned slightly, but continued walking towards her destination.

“I must’ve just been imagining things…” She said as she continued making her way to the café. Hopefully there wouldn’t be many customers-She wasn’t exactly in the mood to work. Then again, she never was.
“Over here, Kitten…” Ichigo gasped, her keen ears picking up the small whisper. She whipped around, scanning the streets. She immediately recognized who it was that spoke. It was Kish. No one else ever called her “Kitten” but him.

“Come on, now. Doesn’t the kitty want to play?” The voice teased. She couldn’t see Kish, but she knew he had to be around somewhere. Her feet pounded the ground as she ran in the direction whilst the voice had come.

She sprinted to the park, which, surprisingly, was incredibly dark. And it was only a little after morning on a summer day! The place should be lit up, and bright with many people wandering the grounds. But it was deserted…well, almost deserted, anyways.

“Where are you, Kish!” Ichigo yelled, running across the walkways. She could make out some faint chuckling. If she didn’t know better, Kish could be running right alongside her for all she knew.

She scowled as she ran, but began to just walk. Just a moment ago, she was fired up, and determined to find him so she could teach him a lesson. But now she seemed to be calmer.

Now let’s think…If I were Kish, where would I be?’ She thought, her eyes looking around, her ears listening for any movement.

‘There!’ She heard faint breathing coming from behind a nearby tree. She jogged closer to the tree, and just as she was turning so she would be at the back of the tree, she lunged forward.

Ichigo tackled someone to the ground, who, obviously, was Kish. But she knew he wouldn’t have been standing there where she could easily get to him. And besides, he usually likes to make a fancy entrance by just appearing before her. But this time was different.

The two were now on the ground, Ichigo straddling Kish, who was flat out on his back looking up at the leader of the Mews.

“Hey, Kitten,” He said coyly.

Ichigo narrowed her eyes slightly. “What do you want, Kish?”

“I want to be on top,“ he smirked, then flipped her over so he was kneeling above her, pinning her to the ground, his hands at either of her sides. “I like it better this way, don’t you?”

Ichigo made no attempt to get away, but she should’ve been struggling to get away from him. That’s what she usually did. Because this time, she had a plan that was bound to work.

She made it seem as though her hatred towards him had disappeared, and looked up at him with a small sparkle in her eye.

“Really, though, Kish. Why are you here this time?” She had lowered her voice a bit; trying to pretend she might’ve somewhat liked him. She may have not known it at the time, but she sure as hell wasn’t pretending…

Kish almost raised an eyebrow at Ichigo’s change in attitude, but decided to play along with whatever the girl was planning. “I just came to see my wonderful little kitty cat.” As he spoke, he lowered his face so their foreheads were almost touching. “Is that all right with you?” He asked playfully.

Ichigo didn’t have a hard time playing out the rest of this, as she really wasn’t pretending. Her stomach was churning, and she could feel heat rising to her cheeks. “Yeah. As a matter of fact, I had been wanting to see you for a while now.” This was indeed true. She would never admit it, but she had missed him. She probably barely even knew she had.

He continued smirking down at her. “Really now. Is that so? Well then, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind too much if I gave you a little kiss.” He enjoyed this little game; it was much amusing to him.

‘Why not? He’s already stolen my first kiss…’ But deep down, her lips were merely yearning for his.

He leaned down, his lips pressing against hers lightly. He began to push down some, with force against her mouth. And, much to his surprise, she began moving her lips against his, kissing back. Kish almost pulled away he was so shocked, but his lips remained locked on hers, as he smirked into the kiss.

He delicately licked her lips, not wanting to explore, but rather just taste what lie outside the mystery that is hidden inside.

He then pulled away, and he could’ve sworn she had almost whimpered, but he brushed it off.

“Did you like that?” He asked, seeing her cheeks tinted a light shade of pink.

She unconsciously nodded her head “yes”, but froze when she realized what her answer to him had been.

Kish cocked an eyebrow at Ichigo in a questioning manner, but let the nod go. “Good. Then I’ll stop by to see you more often.”

Before she could say anything in response to that, Kish teleported away.

Ichigo stood up, and absentmindedly touched her lips with the tip of her finger.

Her “plan” had worked…Well, kind of.

He’s starting to think I like him. Now that I let him kiss me, he’s sure to be back, and then I’ll be able to round up the Mews for when he returns!’ But the thought that was simmering in the back of her mind, going unnoticed, was ‘I’ll be waiting…

Sue: Well, there’s chapter one. I hope you all liked it. I know it was short, but that’s because it’s more of a prologue than the first chapter. But, if you guys could help me out, that would be great! I need to know the original Japanese names of the other Mews, Mark, and just all the characters that play the biggest roles. If you guys could help me out there, then I’ll be able to continue the story. Please review, and if you can, inform me of those names via reviews!