Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Freedom fighters ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1

It was a normal day at café Mew Mew. The Mews were fine with that. No hassle from Dren, Tarb, or Zardon in almost a week. It was almost a vacation. A very noise, waiting on people, running about, vacation. Okay, so vacation wasn’t the word, but Zoey was in high spirits today. After five o’clock the café would close, and she and Mark were free to go to the fair. Could the sun shine any brighter? “Excuse me miss, I ordered a triple fudge cake ten minutes ago, and I still haven’t received it,” called a young women at table eight.
“I’ll be right with you,” Zoey answered cheerfully. Practically skipping to the kitchen Zoey soon found Kiki huddled behind the counter were the cash register sat. She was sitting, and hugging her knees to her chest. Her head rested on her knees in a way that her eyes were barely seen between them and her blond hair. Her eyes, how they glazed with fear. Her whole body shook. What could be scaring her? Zoey wondered. Zoey cautiously approached Kiki so as not to scare her. “Kiki?” Zoey called softly. Even with her attempt to not startle the young girl, Kiki still jumped. “Oh Zoey, it’s you,” Kiki sighed.
“What’s got you so worked up?” Zoey asked. Kiki moved onto her knees in a kneeling position. Slightly she lifted her head until she could barely see over the counter. Then she quickly hid back down. “It’s that guy Zoey,” she answered in a small terrified whisper. Zoey looked about to see what guy Kiki was talking about. There at the table next to Corina was a strange figure. He wore a large trench coat. He sat there doing, what at first glace seemed to be, nothing. “Looking at how he’s watching us,” whispered Kiki. Zoey followed the man’s odd gaze to find he was staring at Bridget. Bridget seemed to notice to. It was obvious with how she uneasily moved the broom to sweep up the glass she had clumsily dropped only a short time ago.
“I think he knows,” Kiki continued. Zoey looked at her. “Knows what?” she asked. Kiki shyly peeked over the counter. Then she looked at Zoey. “That we’re mew mews,” she answered.
“Kiki, you’re over reacting,” Zoey laughed. Kiki glared at her. “Oh ya, you don’t know what he said to me,” she defended.
“Fine, what did he say?” Zoey asked.
“He said, why if it isn’t the little monkey,” Kiki said trying to do a deep man’s voice. “Is this what you girls do in your spare time?” Kiki shivered. “Now Kiki, he probably was wondering why young people like us are working here,” Zoey said comforting. “And I’ve heard many people refer to you as a monkey ‘cause the sounds you make during your performances.” Kiki shook her head. “No! It’s different, just the way he said it creeps me out,” she protested.
“Then how about I go talk to him?” asked Zoey. Kiki made a jester with her arms that obviously meant ‘go right ahead’. Thus Zoey did. This guy was no different then other people. Kiki was just scared because he looked like some kind of secret agent. “Hello Sir, Welcome to Café Mew Mew, has anyone already taken your order?” Zoey asked politely.
The man looked at Zoey with an odd look in his eyes. She had to suppress a shiver from going up her spine. “Why, might I say that it is an honour,” he said. His words were soft, though they seemed like that of a wolf in the clothes of a sheep talking to sheep. If Renee would pardon my expression. “Uh… Thanks, I guess,” Zoey responded. The sly smile on the man’s face made Zoey realize just what was frightening Kiki. “So you’re the leader of this whole thing,” the man stated more than asked.
“If you mean I was the first waitress here, then yes,” Zoey answered. She wasn’t doing very well at keeping calm. Please ears, don’t pop out now, Zoey pleaded in her mind. “You know what I mean kitty,” hissed the man. “And I’m here to warn you not to go out in public anymore. Save your fights for the night so humans are not hurt by your kind. If I find you or any of the others out in daylight again, I’ll make your life a living nightmare.” With that the man stood up, and left. Even though he was gone, the air didn’t return to its cheerful atmosphere. Who was that man? How did he ever find out? And what did he mean? Zoey knew, things were about to become very different. She just didn’t know how different.
_______

K, folks, time to mellow down. So who is this man, and what does he have to do with Mews? Read and find out. This is my first fic ever! Please review and tell me what you think.