Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Freedom fighters ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2
Zoey was unable to concentrate for the rest of the day. Something about that man scared her. She felt like she knew him, and that he had a deep hate for Mew Mews. But why? What had they done to him? To humans? Save their sorry lives, that’s what. Day after day they would fight to their hardest to help man kind. And for what? Only to work undercover at some dumb old café. Zoey was so caught up in her mind; she hadn’t even noticed Mark come into the café. “Hey there busy bee, I thought we were going out today?” he called cheerfully to her.
“Mark! I didn’t notice you come in!” Zoey jumped.
“So I noticed,” he teased happily. Zoey laughed nervously. Nice Zoey, she mentally scolded herself. “Well, are you going to change, or do you plan to go in your café uniform,” he teased. His smile was so bright, it lifted Zoey’s heart. “Just give me a little time, I’ll be right with you,” she said as she headed for the back changing room. She would have joyfully skipped down the hall had her not been plagued. Come on Zoey, snap out of it, she thought while shaking her head to rid all thoughts of the stranger. “Zoey,” called a voice from the kitchen. She stopped to see who had called her name. “What is it Corina?” Zoey asked.
“I heard what that man said to you and just… well… be careful, okay,” she answered timidly. Even Corina’s spooked, Zoey added to her mental note. “Don’t worry, I’m with my blue knight, remember,” Zoey said in a brave confident tone. Corina gave an unsure smile, and left back into the kitchen. Zoey knew it was Corina’s turn for dishes, and usually she wanted to do nothing with work. Today however, she didn’t complain. What is it with this guy to affect Kiki, Corina, and herself so badly? Lucky Renee was far away from here, and all the treats. Zoey was sure, however, Renee would be told of everything once she returned. Zoey sighed. She best not keep Mark waiting. Swiftly, Zoey ran to the back, hoping for no more distractions.

Zoey couldn’t believe it! One week no hassles, only to further ruin her day. Today’s predicit… An acid spiting lizard of some sort. Did I mention if left long enough, the acid would turn to fire? Well now you know. Would Dren and his band ever learn to quite? “Bridget, to your right,” called Kiki. Thus Bridget was able to get out of the acid’s way. Only to have the building she had been standing on catch fire. Even worse, it was a full apartment building. “Ha ha ha, go Acidica! Kill those humans!” cheered Dren. “And make sure to get little kitty to do a dance for us!”
“Guys! We gotta help those people,” called Zoey.
“You don’t have to tell us you know!” snapped Corina. She, Bridget, and Kiki had arrived soon after “Acidica” started attacking. Now the three girls raced to the burning building; while Zoey distracted the Predicit. “Why do I always have to do the dirty work?” Zoey cried as she ran about avoiding the acid of the giant lizard.
“Momma!” called the young boy of the fifth floor. The TOP floor at that. His mother was desperately caught under a burning beam. “Is some one there?” called Bridget over the flames.
“Yes, over here,” coughed the boy’s mother.
“Hold on, I’m coming!” called Bridget. There was a large splash as Bridget her tidal wave rush. It set out the fire all around the apartment. Bridget rushed into the apartment. Once she noticed the beam, she didn’t hesitate to try to remove it. The beam was heavier then it looked; even with her Mew Mew strength. “Bridget!” called Kiki from the doorway.
“Kiki, come help!” Bridget answered. The boy’s mother wasn’t sure, but she thought she had seen these two girls together in the street. They were probably capable of cancelling their animal like features. But were these truly the same girls who worked at the café he son loved so much? Or had she just inhaled to much smoke thus hallucinating? The young monkey and porpoise girls worked together to remove the beam in a matter of minutes. “Come on!” called Kiki. She took the boy by the hand and led him to the door. Bridget was now giving the boy’s mother a piggyback in the same direction.
Bridget suddenly noticed something. “Kiki, listen,” she ordered. Kiki stopped to do as she was told. It sounded like deep moans from the wood. “The wood’s swaying,” Kiki concluded. Both girls’ eyes went big with realization. “This way,” called Bridget as she rushed for the window.
“What are you doing?” asked the mother in a panic.
“We have to hurry, the building’s about to collapse,” Bridget answered her.
“But this is the top floor!” screamed the mother as they jumped out the window. Not even moments later, the ceiling of the apartment came crashing down. Gently, even with cargo on their backs, the two Mews touched down on the ground. “You should be safe now,” Bridget said in a comforting tone. She let the mother off her back, so that the mother now sat in front of some other people who could help her. Kiki gently handed the boy to his mother. The two watched as the two girls raced off to help their cat companion. In no time, two other girls appeared. One was the bird Mew, the other was a wolf. With all five girls powers combined, the predicit was destroyed. This left Dren in a very sour mood. The crowed cheer as the Mew Mews ran past them, and off to where ever it was they went after battle.
“Momma,” called the young boy. “We didn’t even thank them.” His mother smiled sweetly at him. “Don’t worry, we’ll thank them soon,” she said. “And it will be face to face too.” The boy seemed to brighten at that. “Excuse me, do you mean to say you know who the Tokyo Mew Mews are?” asked a man from the press. The mother nodded. “I think they’re the girls from Mew Mew café,” she answered.
_______________________
I noticed that I already have 2 visiters for my first ever fic! This is so cool! Thank you guys, and please tell me what you think. I'm an author-in-training so I gotta make sure I'm doing the right stuff! Thanks again
Ja ne (good bye)