Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Freedom fighters ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3
“Finally,” huffed Kiki as she sat down at one of the tables at the café. The Mew Mews had returned to the café to report the destroyed predicit. “At least no one was killed,” sighed Wesley with relief. The five girls nodded in agreement. There was the small ring of some one entering the café. Elliot got to his feet, and went to see who was there. “Hello Mark,” he greeted in his usual tone.
“Mark!” Zoey shouted. She was on her feet and in front of Mark in a matter of minutes. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t think Dren would attack,” she apologized. Mark smiled. “It’s okay,” he said. Then his smile turned to a frown. “But I need to warn you girls of something,” he began. Suddenly, outside, cheers were heard. “Tokyo Mew Mews!” they called. The Girls exchanged looks.
Renee slipped over to the window to pear outside. “Are they what you wanted to warn us about?” she asked. The other four girls raced to the window. Outside stood the largest group of people the Mews had ever seen. The crowd seemed endless. “They’re cheering for us!” called Kiki with joy. She raced to the door. “Kiki wait!” called Bridget. She caught Kiki by the arm. “Let go Bridge,” Kiki protested.
“She’s right though, we need to be more cautious,” comment Corina. Renee looked at Mark. “How did they figure it out,” she asked him.
“People had become suspicious with how this place is named MEW MEW café,” he began. “Then there are only five waitresses working here, and each looks like one of the Mew Mews. And lastly, one woman had caught you guys calling each other by your real names.” Bridget and Kiki glanced at each other. Oops, they thought.
“Looks like you girls have some fans now,” comment Elliot. “Best not keep them waiting.” Cautiously, the four older Mew Mews approached the door. Kiki was ecstatic. And they thought she couldn’t get any more hyper from her day to day routine. Wrong. However, when Kiki opened the doors, and saw the true size of the great crowd before her, she suddenly became shy. The only Mew who was fine with the crowd was Renee. One of the advantages of being a teen pop star. “There’s so many,” Corina marvelled. Each Mew Mew stepped outside. As they did so, the crowd cheered even louder. Camera’s flashed in all directions. Renee was the first to voice her mind to the crowd. “What’s going on here?” she asked. She sounded as if she didn’t know. Some of the crowd back up so that a small amount of people could stand between the crowd and the Mews. One of the people in the crowd was the young mother and her son. Suddenly the young boy ran up and gave Kiki a giant hug. “Thanks for saving me!” he said joyfully. The young boy reminded Kiki of her brothers at home. Only he was about the height of her sister.
After hugging Kiki, the young boy ran over to Bridget. “Thanks for saving my momma,” he said. Then he hugged her, just as he did Kiki. It was heart breaking, but Bridget knew what she had to do. “I’m sorry, but you have the wrong person,” she responded. She took the boy by his shoulders, and forced him to let her go. With big sad eyes, he looked up at her. “But you’re Bridget, right?” he asked in a pout.
“Well, yes, that’s my name,” Bridget was unable to deny that.
“And you have green hair, blue eyes, you’re the same height,” the boy continued one.
“Same height as who?” Bridget asked. Bridget knew she was no actress, and she had trouble making herself seem clueless to what the boy spoke of. But over all, she knew she had to hide what she and the others were. No matter how hopeless it was. “The Mew Mew who has long green hair, and is dress in a bathing suit,” he described Bridget in her mew form. “She’s named Bridget, The monkey said so.” At this he pointed at Kiki. “Hey! I’m a street performer, not a monkey,” Kiki scolded. At least, not in my mew form, she mentally added. The boy looked like he was about to cry, because he knew these girls were lying.
“But you are the Mews, I know it,” he cried. The girls looked at him pathetically. “Just tell them already,” rang out a voice behind the Mews. The five girls turned to find the voice source. “What do you mean Elliot?” asked Zoey.
“Just what I said,” he answered. “Just tell them, you can avoid it any longer.” The girls exchanged glances. Then Corina pulled out her power pendant. “What are you doing!” scolded Zoey as she tried to hide the pendant from the crowds view. Corina glared at Zoey. Then her features turned soft; playful even. “Well if we really must tell all of Tokyo, we may as well give them a show of their heroes,” she answered. The other Mews took Corina’s words into consideration.
With a sigh, Renee pulled out her power pendant. When Bridget saw, she decided to take out her own. Kiki suddenly cheered, “Finally, no more hiding.” She held her pendant high in the air. Zoey looked at her fellow Mews. She knew people were about to think she was a freak, but at least she wasn’t alone.
Zoey removed the pendant from her back pocket. “Power pendant…” she began. Her fellow Mews joined in, “Metamorphosis!” In a flash of light, the girls changed from human to Mew Mew. The whole crowd was stunned. The Mews were suddenly discouraged about the silence. The entire Mews’ tails, except Bridget who didn’t have a tail, began to droop. Corina’s little wings did the same as her tail. Renee’s wolf ears and Zoey’s cat ears drooped like what you see a cat or dog do when they were in trouble. Then from the crowd, a clap sounded. The clapping spread, and soon the whole crowd was cheering. “Tokyo Mew Mew!” they chanted. Renee and Zoey picked up their ears with joy. Corina held up her wings as you would see any bird showing off do. Bridget and Kiki wore the largest smiles anyone could ever see. Zoey even flicked her tail; the bell on it rung out. Things were better then they thought. Then everyone wanted to near the Mews for pictures, autographs, the story about being a Mew Mew, and so much more. Plain out the Mew Mews received more attention than they every believed they would. Even Renee didn’t expect so much attention. But what the Mews hadn’t realized was the stranger from yesterday stood a small distance away from them. I warned you Mew Mews, he thought as he observed from the shadows. Now you’ll see my wrath. No one will trust you when I’m through. I’ll personally see to it that you suffer a living Hell. Just as Mew Mews have done to me. I promise you this, beware.
______________________________________
Sorry it took me a while. Firstly, My aussie friend had his B-day yesterday, so couldn’t miss that. Then there’s high school, the track team (I’m a thrower=shot, javelin And hammer.), and lastly, the competition for the pute from my mom and sis. But I’m trying really hard! Anyway, Chapter 4 is coming soon. Btw, I won’t mind some reviews. If I don’t get any after chapter six, than I’m not continuing. Anyway, thanks for reading.
Ja ne