Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Freedom fighters ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 15
How dare Deep blue treat me as an apprentice! Dren thought angrily. He traveled over the city in search of the mews. This was going to end today! Even if it was the last thing Dren would ever do. Dren came to an old apartment, and decided he would take a rest. I must be over reacting, he thought. Deep blue can’t do much for the time being. I did barely pass my training. I should go back and do more training. Dren thought of what the other cyniclons would think of him coming back a loser. I can’t go back, not until we have the Earth to bring them to safety. “This way,” Dren heard a voice call. He looked down to see some humans surrounding the building he sat on. They had their pathetic weapons in hand.
Out of the corner of his eye, Dren saw something else. Standing on the fire exit of the old apartment was none other then his beloved kitty cat. He noticed one of the humans rounding the corner to where Zoey stood. Zoey hadn’t noticed. Her attention was on whatever was going on in the apartment. The human noticed her, and raised his gun.

“And finally, the city mews will sneak into the facility to release our brethren while the humans are distracted,” Fang finished. Her warriors nodded with understanding. The city mews, though they wanted nothing to do with Fang and her army anymore, agreed to help. They were not going to let innocent blood be spilt. However, they weren’t going to attack any humans either. Zoey slipped outside. There was a lot to take in at a time like this. She wondered how Wesley was doing in the hospital. How was Elliot doing in jail? What did the humans who raised her think? And most importantly to Zoey, was Mark safe? “Dream paw,” Fang called. Zoey looked inside. “It’s best you come back inside until we’re all set to leave,” Fang hissed.
“Fang,” called a voice across the room. It was the tiger from the patrol. “Yes Rain whisker,” answered Fang. Zoey remained outside as the two began to talk about how they were to shelter all the mews after they were released.
Zoey turned to look down the fire exit. At the corner of the apartment she noticed something; a deep dark puddle running on the street sidewalk. Zoey almost jumped down to investigate had it not been for Swift wind. “What do you think you’re doing?” she asked.
“Nothing,” answered Zoey. She wasn’t about to tell the truth. Something about Swift paw kept Zoey on edge. “Swift paw, Dream paw, get in here,” ordered Fang. Swift paw did as ordered. Zoey however took a moment to look back to the growing dark pool. “Dream paw!” yelled Fang. Zoey finally entered.

It was the evening by the time the mews left. Dark clouds floated closer from the east. The air was humid with the threat of a storm. Zoey hadn’t gained the chance to investigate the dark pool by the apartment. However, at the moment, her mind was set on the safety of her and her friends. The city mews were forced to run at the same pace as the wild mews. They hadn’t even been running for more 15 minutes and the city mews were tired. This is ridiculous! Thought Zoey. We can run for hours on end at a speed faster than cars. Yet here we can barely keep up with these other mews. They haven’t even broken a sweat!
“Hurry it up back there,” called Fang. Corina had said something, but it was drowned out by a clap of thunder. The clouds were already over head, and the wind was picking up. Soon the storm would break, and make their journey even more difficult. “Could things get any worse?” asked Kiki. Just then, rain began to fall. “You had to jinx it didn’t you,” hissed Corina.

Mark sat in silence in his room. He was beyond worried for his dearest love. Not that he had forgotten the other mews, but he had a special connection to Zoey far greater than anyone. He listened as the wind rattled and howled at his window. In a matter of days, Mark had gone from the luckiest and happiest person on earth to be more scared than a child separated from its parents in a dark strange place. His heart aced at the news of the Mew mew exile. Mark’s father had locked Mark in his room so Mark wouldn’t go find Zoey, or the other Mews to warn them. “I don’t want to see my only child toss away his life,” Mark’s father had said. What was mark to do? He had tried to escape through his wind at one point in time, but his father had caught him. Now bars lay on Mark’s window. Plus it was locked on the outside. Where did everything go wrong?
Mark got up and looked out the window. He could barely see the tree in his front yard, and it was only three feet away. The rain came down as powerful as a waterfall. Lightening shot in a quick stream through the air. Soon after thunder let out a loud roar that shook the house. Mark prayed Zoey was some place safe out of this storm.

Why? Why? Why? WHY did it have to rain? Zoey cursed. It was like being caught in a ragging rapid river. Her legs were ready to give under her wait. She didn’t dare stop. Zoey didn’t have the first clue how the wild mews would act if she showed weakness. They may be nice and not leave her behind, but they might use it against her later on. It was extremely difficult to see where anything was. A yell came from up ahead. “What was that?” called Bridget. Zoey could barely hear Bridget over the raging winds. “Look out!” called a wild mew. The mews all stopped; even the wild mews. “What happened?” yelled Fang. A gun shot echoed through the rain. The mew in front of Kiki was struck down. “Fire sticks! Scatter!” yelled Fang. All the wild mews leapt down from the roof top, and disappeared in the rain. More gun shots rang out. The city mews ducked in fear of being shot. There was some yells of pain until the firing stopped.
Renee was the first to look up. “Do you guys hear that?” she asked. The others strained their ears in hopes of hearing what Renee had mentioned. “I don’t hear anything,” answered Kiki.
“Guys look!” yelled Corina. She was pointing to a small object close by. “Oh shoot, it’s a grenade!” yelled Renee. The mews were quick to their feet, and trying to run far from the grenade. Next moment, the grenade blew, send the mews flying.
Corina steadied herself with her wings, and snatched Bridget out of the air. Fire star had jumped from a shot distance away to catch Renee before she hit the ground. The young tamarin that had been with Leaf tail ran to the spot Kiki would have landed if he wasn’t there. With easy he had caught her before she hit the ground. However, being they were the same size, both fell to the ground. Swift paw had rushed to catch Zoey. Just after catching her, a gun shot fired. Zoey could feel Swift paw suddenly go limp. Since it was Swift paw carrying Zoey, and Swift paw was limp, both painfully hit the ground. Zoey didn’t get up. She was petrified to the point she could barely breathe. She lay there listening. Soon, the rain began to slow; as did the gun fire.
“Retreat!” yelled an unknown voice. The gun shots stopped, and the wild Mews were letting out noises of triumph. Animal like cries lifted to the sky. Finally, Zoey got up. A light fog covered the street, but there was the unmistakable smell of blood in the air. It engulfed her to the point she felt sick. Zoey looked beside her at the still figure of Swift paw. “Swift paw,” whispered Zoey. There was no answer. “Swift paw,” Zoey called a little louder. This caught Feather paw’s attention. Zoey shook Swift paw by the shoulder. Feather paw quickly moved to Zoey side. “Swift paw? Swift paw, are you alright?” he asked. Feather paw pushed Zoey to the side so he could be closer. The other mews were gathering close by. Bridget and Renee helped Zoey to her feet. Zoey looked up to the war torn street once again. At that moment the fog was lifting. There lay at least fifty bodies; both human and mews. Zoey suddenly felt weak, and her legs gave way. Bridget was there to help her from falling back. With the light rain splashing the pools of blood, it looked as though it were raining blood from the dark night sky. Blood will rain and humans die. War for freedom, war of night. Heroes needed for the fight. Farthest from the group, near the end of the street was Fang. She was covered in blood, and her clothes were ragged. Zoey could see only a few of the fangs around Fang’s neck. Zoey dream rushed to her mind. It was all here; the mangled bodies, blood filled street, and the mystery mew on the opposite end of the street. Are my dreams the future?
__________________________________
Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been a while, I was grounded from the computer, but I’m back. I hope you all enjoyed this chap. Does it sound like a déjà vu? Well go to chap 6 and see. I’ll try to update as much as I can, but I have my novel to writ. If I want it published this year, I have to get working. Anyway, thanks for the reviews (and I don’t know what you mean by the names should be that of the manga), and chap 16 hopefully coming soon.
Ja ne