Totally Spies Fan Fiction / Mega Man Fan Fiction ❯ The Stranger in a Chair ❯ A New Arrival ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Note*- I don't own Totally Spies, Mega Man, or any characters, elements or items pertaining to these franchises. The people that own them are far more talented than I.
 
 
 
 
As he approached the school, many thoughts race through his troubled mind. “I hope that I will be able to remain hidden here. Since that last battle, I haven't sensed any of them. Perhaps I can finally let my sword rest in peace...”
 
 
Chapter 1: A New Arrival
 
 
“Sam, how could you have let me sleep that late?!”
 
“I'm not your alarm clock, Clover. Besides, it's your own fault for staying up until 3 chatting with Tommy online,” Sam remarked.
 
“Guys, stop fighting and run faster or we'll be late again,” Alex scolded.
 
The girls ran as fast as they could toward the school, hoping to make it on time for once. They passed several other students and a teacher on the way there, which gave them some comfort. As they ran up the front walkway, the first bell rang. The three spies breathed a sigh of relief as soon as they heard it. “Thank goodness,” they said in unison. As they made their way to 1st period, they passed a student in a wheelchair. He was wearing a light blue T-shirt that had a tiger surrounded by Chinese symbols and a dark blue over shirt with dark blue jeans. Both of his arms were wrapped in bandages and he had a scar on his left cheek.
 
Alex looked over at Sam and Clover and asked, “Who was that?”
 
“I don't know,” Clover said.
 
“Me either,” said Sam. “Maybe he's new here. I heard there was a new student coming, so that may be him.”
 
“We'll find out later I guess,” answered Alex. “But for now, let's hurry up and get to class!”
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
He was at his new locker when they passed him in the hall. Many other students had walked by with odd looks on their faces at his appearance. But these girls were different. They didn't seem to notice his arms or the fact that he was handicapped. But that wasn't what caught his attention. These girls had an aura about them that he hadn't seen since the last war. “I didn't think there was such a presence left in this world,” he thought. “This may complicate matters. Then again, perhaps I'm worrying too much. I should still keep an eye on those three just in case.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
 
As they walked inside the door, the question of who the guy in the wheelchair was still plagued the minds of the girls. Sam's notion that he was the new student seemed to be the most likely answer. They figured that the answer would reveal itself soon enough.
 
And indeed it did. No sooner than they had sat down, the bell rang and the professor made an announcement.
 
“We have a new student here today,” he declared. “He's from Arcadia, a country somewhere near Japan.” The professor looked towards the door and said, “You can come in now.”
 
The door opened slowly and in came the new student. As Sam had surmised, it was the guy in the wheelchair that they had passed in the hall earlier. He rolled his way toward the front of the room and turned to face the class. As he introduced himself, the girls were stunned at the sound of his voice. Even though he was only about seventeen, he sounded much older.
 
“It's nice to meet all of you. My name is Edward, but most people call me Ed. I look forward to getting to know all of you.”
 
“I'm sure you will all make Edward feel welcome here,” the professor said. “Now does anyone have any questions for Ed before we begin class?”
 
Almost half the class raised their hands. Ed could guess what they were going to ask. And no sooner than the professor called on the first student, his guess was proven correct.
 
“Why are your arms wrapped up in bandages,” the girl asked.
 
Ed sighed as he began to answer. “That is a story for another day,” he said. “I won't bore you with such a tale today.”
 
“I look forward to hearing that tale myself,” the professor remarked. “Now if you'll take the desk next to Clover there in the third row, we'll begin today's lesson.”
 
“Certainly,” Ed replied.
 
He rolled his chair down the aisle until he was at the desk. As Ed made himself comfortable, Clover couldn't help but wonder. There was just something about this guy that caught her eye and fascinated her. She made a promise to herself that she would find out more about him.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Well I guess today is off to a good start,” Ed thought. “And better still, I may be able to learn more about Clover while I'm here. I don't know how it's possible, but she and her two friends have auras like I haven't seen in years. Clover's is the strongest of the three of them. I just hope there won't be any trouble because of that. But if there is…”
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
 
 
This is my first fanfic, so it is far from perfect. I may edit this chapter in the future with more details, time willing. Please review and let me know what you think.