Totally Spies Fan Fiction / Mega Man Fan Fiction ❯ The Stranger in a Chair ❯ Getting to Know Edward ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Note*- I don't own Totally Spies, Mega Man, or any characters, elements or items pertaining to these franchises. The people that own them are far more talented than I.
 
Chapter 2- Getting to Know Edward
 
It had been three days since Edward had arrived, and over two weeks since the spies had a mission from Jerry. Clover was hoping for the vacation from WOOHP to continue so that she could learn more about Ed. She had caught herself staring at him several times and daydreaming about him. Maybe it was because he seemed so kind and mysterious. Or maybe the fact that Clover thought he was an absolutely gorgeous hunk. Sam and Alex had noticed Clover's distracted state of mind, so they confronted her during lunch.
 
“What's up Clover,” Alex inquired.
 
“You've seemed really distracted lately,” Sam said. “Does it have to do with Ed?”
 
Clover's face suddenly turned several shades of pink and red at the question.
 
“Uuuhhhh…,” was all Clover could manage, but the answer was most definitely.
 
Sam finally broke the awkward silence from the group with some reasonable advice. “Why don't you go talk to him? He's sitting right over there.”
 
Sam pointed two tables over to where Ed was. He was already having his lunch, but not many people were near him. He wasn't cold or snobby toward people, but they seemed to avoid him for some reason. Clover couldn't help but feel sorry for him. After gathering her courage, she made her decision.
 
“All right,” she said. “I'll go sit by him, but you two have to come with me.”
 
“Fair enough,” they replied. “We can introduce ourselves as well.”
After the girls purchased their lunch, they made their way over to Ed. He wasn't too focused on his lunch, but rather something in his mind. He seemed deep in thought until the ladies sat by him and struck up a conversation.
 
“Hello Ed,” Sam began. “How are you doing?”
 
“Oh, I'm doing wonderfully,” Ed cheerfully replied. “How about you?”
 
“I'm doing all right myself,” Sam answered. “Oh, by the way, I'm Sam.”
 
“Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Sam. Who are your two companions here?”
 
“Well, that's Alex over there,” Sam said as she pointed toward her fellow spy.
 
“Hi there,” Alex responded.
 
“And this is Clover,” Sam said as she half-dragged Clover in front of her.
 
“Uh…hello,” Clover mumbled.
 
“Well, hello to you too,” Ed remarked. Clover could only blush even more. She felt rather embarrassed about her reaction, hoping that she would be able to say more than a simple greeting.
 
Luckily, Sam covered for her. Somewhat. “Clover's a bit shy,” she replied. “You see, she's wanted to talk to you for a while now, but she's been really nervous.”
 
“Oh, goodness,” Ed sheepishly replied. “Well what did you want to talk about, Clover?”
 
Suddenly, a light popped on in Clover's brain. He's actually talking to me! YAY!! But what should I talk about? I can't just come out and say “I just wanted to say how sexy you are and that your voice could put Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra to shame.” I guess I'll just ask him about himself.
 
“I just wanted to know more about you. You seem so mysterious, and I'm a little curious about you.” Clover hoped that Ed would respond positively to her forward request.
 
“Well, I-,” he began. But before he could finish his sentence, the lunch bell rang.
 
“I guess we'll have to continue this discussion later today,” he finished. “How about we meet at the park after school and we can share a few stories?”
 
The trio replied in unison. “Great!”
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
As the girls walk away, even more thoughts swim through Ed's mind. Well, I'll finally have a chance to get to know this intriguing group of girls. I must admit that I am quite curious about them. Perhaps I will find a link between them and the auras that they possess. But that Clover… Something about her just fascinates me. I shall have to learn even more about her.
 
 
 
I'm adding two chapters since I'll be in Oklahoma for band camp all next week. SWOSU rocks! Enjoy and please review.