Totally Spies Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 3 ❯ Sabrina VS Helga: Part One ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
The door I had crept through seemed to carry me down a long, long tunnel. I ran for a long time, but still found no end of it in sight. Then it suddenly occurred to me that maybe Estevan was the only who could decide when and where the tunnel would end: after all, he was controlling the virtual-world and everything in it.
 
“I'm not going to let him get the better of me.” I thought deeply to myself, “I'm going to find Sabrina, and the others, and he's not going to stop me.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Estevan was still watching me from his secret lair. “Keep running, Mykan.” he spoke softly. “Hmm! You fool! You're getting nowhere fast, but I have no time to deal with you now…”
 
Just then, someone began to speak over the radio to Estevan. “Pardon me, Master Estevan?”
 
Estevan turned in his chair. “Yes, Helga… what is that you want?”
 
The Voice of Helga Von Guggen replied, “With your permission, sir; I'd like very much to volunteer in dueling the next victim, and make up for Terrance's defeat.”
 
Estevan nodded. “Very well, you may proceed. Just don't fail me.” he warned her, “I already have your opponent selected, and defeating her should be simple enough for you.”
 
He clicked on his computer screens and viewed the images of the iceberg where Sabrina was still wandering through the savage snows, alone. “Good luck, Sabrina. Mmm, hmm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Poor Sabrina…
 
She had been wandering around for so long in the virtual ice-berg. Her hair had icicles forming around the bottom lines, and her teeth were chattering so much. “S-s-s-so… C-c-c-cold!” she cried. “I really wish Mykan was here with me.”
 
Finally, after enough of her wanderings, and freezing, she collapsed.
 
When she opened her eyes again she found that she was still alive, and she was no longer lying in the snow, but instead on a hard marble floor inside a strange looking building. “Uh… where am I?” she asked particularly no one. “And how in the world did I get here?”
 
Just then, she heard the sounds of something squawking behind her. She turned round and saw, “A penguin?” and there were even more penguins coming out into the picture. “What is all this?” she asked aloud.
 
“What does it look like?” called a voice from inside the building. “You are surrounded by my penguin-army. The ones that I sent to bring you here, Sabrina.”
 
She gasped. “You know my name?”
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… I know more than just that, Princess Sabrina. Tiara, gold, and jewel encrusted. Size; thirteen point five centimeters. Dress fabrics consist of silk, satin, and jersey. Height: Five foot six, and hem-size thirty. That leotard you wear is polyester, and your boots are fashion flavored black leather.”
 
Sabrina was starting to feel a combination of fear and anger. “Who are you, and how do know all this about me?” she asked sternly.
 
The penguins motioned for her to look towards the end of the room, where a much larger penguin, dressed in a funny tuxedo, and a top hat spoke to her in the voice of lady.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… don't tell me you've forgotten our last meeting.” the penguin said. “Things are never what they always seem to be here, so when we last met, I looked a lot different. I will however tell you… I happen to be one of the LAMOS!”
 
Sabrina gasped.
 
The penguin nodded. “The name is Helga Von Guggen, and apart from being one of the LAMOS, I also happen to be one of the greatest fashion designers in the world; or at least I would have been if not for the spies!”
 
Sabrina eyed Helga from head to toe, “And you're dressed up as a penguin?” she asked.
 
Helga nodded, “Yes, but more on that later.” she answered. “For now, we have business to attend to, and by business I mean we're going to duel. Winner goes free, loser stays here forever.”
 
Sabrina remembered everything. The LAMOS we're planning to duel all of us so that they could escape to the real world in our bodies, leaving our minds trapped in the virtual-world forever.
 
“No! I won't let you do this.” Sabrina snarled and she tried to make a run for it, but Helga clapped her flippers together, and at once, the building had vanished, and Sabrina found herself back outside in the iceberg. “Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah! I'm afraid at this point, escape is impossible, unless you defeat me in a duel.” she snickered.
 
Sabrina watched in horror as she and Helga were then standing on to huge ice pillars over an arctic sea, and two duel-disks appeared on their arms. “No… this can't be happening.” she cried, but she knew that it was. “Fine then… I guess I'm going have to take you down.”
 
Helga nodded. “There's a good lass.” she said. Just then, the card database appeared before them each. “Now then, before we get started we need to build our virtual decks from this card database. Simply touch the card you want, and then press the red button at the bottom when your ready to stop.”
 
The ladies chose their decks carefully, and Sabrina even decided to add a few extra special cards to her deck, namely the Dark Magician, and the Dark Magician girl.
 
She chose those cards remembering what I told her once…
 
Flashback
 
At a time before Sabrina and I were married, and I was still a student at Duel-Academy, Sabrina asked me why I favored those two cards.
 
“Well, you may not know this, but sometimes when I duel, and I have both Magician's on the field, I imagine that it's us out there on the battlefield.”
 
Sabrina was most confused. “You picture us as duel monsters?” she asked.
 
I nodded, and told her that when I had the Magician's out on the field together, they always came through to me, as if their teamwork gave them the power. “Just like the way… that our love… makes us both stronger.”
 
End of Flashback
 
Sabrina closed her eyes and thought deeply, “Your words have reach me a lot then my love… and I will use their might to guide me.”
 
With their decks complete, “And now…” Helga said. “As per our new rules, you must chose a monster to serve as your Deck-Master.”
 
Sabrina searched through her deck, “I know just who I want to choose…” she said, and she summoned forth, “DARK MAGICIAN GIRL. I have my Deck-Master, so which one is yours?”
 
“I've already taken the form of a monster known as NIGHTMARE PENGUIN.” Helga answered. “Therefore, I am both the duelist and the Deck-Master; Two threats in one, and once I put you on ice, I'll be free to head back to the real world in your body.”
 
Sabrina growled angrily. “We'll see about that, Feather-Face!”
 
Their duel disks were prepared, they drew their first five cards, and their life points were set to 8000. “LET'S DUEL!!” they both shouted.
 
 
SCORE:(Helga: 8000 / Sabrina: 8000)
 
Sabrina: “I'll go first…”
 
(Draws)
 
“Now I summon a monster face-down in defense-mode. I'll also place another card face down, and end my turn.”
 
Helga: “Hmm, mm… an now the real fun begins.”
 
(Draws)
 
“To begin with, I shall activate the spell card… COLD WAVE!! Sorry, dreary, but I'm afraid that until my next turn, neither of us may set, or activate any spell or trap, and that includes what you have on the field.”
 
(Sabrina's face down freezes)
 
Sabrina: “Ah?!”
 
Helga: “And now that that's been dealt with, I summon forth GIANT RED SEASNAKE in attack-mode.”
 
(Atk: 1800 / Def: 800)
 
“And now his attack power will increase!”
 
(Atk: 1800) Becomes (Atk: 2000)
 
Sabrina: “Hey! How did your monster gain more attack points just like that?”
 
Helga: “Well… My Deck-Master's special-ability increases the attack power of all my water monsters by 200 extra points. Pretty amazing power, wouldn't you say?”
 
“Go my snake, attack her monster!”
 
(Atk: 2000) VS (Shining Angel, Def: 800)
 
“Looks like your monster didn't help all that much, did it?”
Sabrina: “That's where you're wrong. By Destroying my SHINING ANGEL, its special-ability lets me summon forth another light monster with up to 1500 attack-points or less straight from my deck.”
 
“I choose to summon another angel!”
 
(Atk: 1400 / Def: 800)
 
Helga: “That's a very clever trick, but unfortunately it has helped me more than it has you.”
 
Sabrina: “Huh?”
 
Helga: “Since you special summoned a monster, all I have to do is discard one card from hand, and I can now summon DRAGON ICE!!”
 
(Atk: 1800 / Def: 2200)
 
Sabrina: “What?!”
 
Helga: “Ha, ha, ha… I told you it helps me, more than it does you, and thanks to my deck master special ability, he also gets a 200 point boost.”
 
(Atk: 1800) Becomes (Atk: 2000)
 
“Dragon Ice, I command you to attack the Shinning Angel!”
 
(Atk: 2000) VS (Atk: 1400)
 
Sabrina: “EEE!!”
 
SCORE:(Helga: 8000 / Sabrina: 7400)
 
(Ice forms around Sabrina's feet)
 
“Ah! What…what is this?!”
 
Helga: “Oh, one thing I forgot to mention; as our life points decrease, our bodies will become in cased in a block of solid ice. The more points you lose, the more your body will freeze, until you're nothing but a solid ice statue.”
 
Sabrina's thoughts: “Oh no… I didn't expect this to happen. I can already feel my toes chilling form the ice, but I'm not going to give up.”
 
Sabrina: “Be that as it may, you did just destroy another angel, so get to summon a new light monster from my deck, and I choose my PROTO CYBER DRAGON!!”
 
(Atk: 1100 / Def: 600)
 
Helga: “Very well then. I shall end my turn.”
 
Sabrina: “My move then…”
 
(Draws)
 
“I shall sacrifice my Proto Cyber dragon to summon an actual CYBER DRAGON!!”
 
(Atk: 2100 / Def: 1600)
 
“Attack Giant Red Seanake!”
 
(Atk: 2100) VS (Atk: 2000)
 
Helga “Grr!”
 
SCORE:(Helga: 7900 / Sabrina: 7400)
 
(Ice forms)
 
Sabrina: “How does it feel now, having your feet incased in ice?”
 
Helga: “To be honest, I quite like it, or in case you haven't forgotten that I've taken the form of a penguin. The cold is absolutely heavenly for me.”
 
Sabrina: “Ah?!”
 
Helga: “Being a fashion designer is more than just focusing on humans. Animals can sometimes wear, or make good clothing too, you know, and when it comes to penguin tuxedos, they always make the best sung and warm ice protections.”
 
“But enough of this girl-talk…”
 
(Draws)
 
“Ahh… these two cards look lovely, but I shall place them face down for now. It's your move, dear.”
 
Sabrina's thoughts: “Hmm… she didn't' attack-- she must be planning something.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Ahh… perfect, this should work.
 
“I activate my POWER BONDcard, which allows me to fuse two Cyber dragons to form CYBER TWIN DRAGON!!”
 
(Atk: 2800 / Def: 2600)
 
“And thanks to power bon, his attack power is automatically doubled.”
 
(Atk: 2800) Becomes (Atk: 5600)
 
“And as an extra little bit, I'm going to activate MYSTICAL SPACE TYPHOON to destroy your face-down card on the right.”
 
(Card destroyed)
 
SCORE:(Helga: 7900 / Sabrina: 6400)
 
(Ice forms)
 
“Huh?! How did I just lose life points?”
 
Helga: “Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah! It's quite simple, really. The card you just destroyed was a trap called KOZAKY'S SELF DESTRUCTBUTTON. Any duelist foolish enough to destroy it while it's face down on the field automatically loses 1000 life points.”
 
Sabrina: “Oh, no! More ice…”
 
Helga: “The ice should only the be the least of your troubles, for you've also allowed me to activate another trap, DRIVING SNOW!!”
 
“It activates whenever any of my spells or traps are destroyed. Now I am permitted to destroy a card on your side of the field.”
 
(Destroys “Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment”)
 
“Ha, ha, ha… it looks like I really know how to keep ahead of things, don't I.”
 
Sabrina:“Wrong!”
 
Helga: “Huh?”
 
Sabrina: “You may have gotten rid of my face down trap, but you may not have figured that my Cyber Twin Dragon is allowed to attack twice in one turn.”
 
“So, go Cyber Twin! Destroy her Dragon Ice!”
 
(Atk: 5600) VS (Atk: 2000)
 
Helga: “Why you little brat!”
 
SCORE:(Helga: 4300 / Sabrina: 6400)
 
(Ice forms)
 
Sabrina: “And now that your wide open, I'll send my cyber twin to attack again and wipe you out; ATTACK!!”
 
(Atk: 5600)
 
Helga: “Hmm, mm, mm… I'm afraid that won't work this time.”
 
(Attack does no damage)
 
Sabrina: “What?! But how…how did you survive that?”
 
Helga: “Well… if you recall, when I summon my Dragon Ice, I was forced to discard one card to the graveyard. That car was a monster called NECRO GARDNA. All I had to do was simply remove it from play, and you Cyber's attack was negated.
 
“Sorry dear… but the pathway to freedom isn't as easy as you think it may be.”
 
Sabrina: “Fine then… I summon CYBER KIRIN!!”
 
(Atk: 300 / Def: 800)
 
“Now by simply sending him to the graveyard, I can negate any effects that would damage my life points this turn. Which means I don't have to take any life points from my Power Bond card.”
 
Helga: “It doesn't matter that much to me.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Now I shall play POT OF GREED… so I can draw two more cards.”
 
(Draws twice)
 
“Ahh, just lovely. I summon my all powerful FLYING PENGUIN!!
 
(Atk: 1200/Def: 1000)
 
“And thanks to my Deck-Master's special-ability, it gains 2000 extra attack points instantly.”
 
(Atk: 1200) Becomes (Atk: 1400)
 
“But don't think that I'm through yet. I also activate the spell card RIRYOKU!!”
 
Sabrina: “No! Not that card!”
 
Helga: “Oh yes indeed. Now I am able to cut your monster's attack power in half, and then transfer that bit to my Flying Penguin.”
 
Cyber Twin Dragon… (Atk: 5600) Becomes (Atk: 2800)
 
Flying Penguin… (Atk: 1400) Becomes (Atk: 4200)
 
Sabrina: “That penguin's now even stronger than my dragon!”
 
Helga: “Which means that your dragon is nothing more than a sitting-duck. Go my Penguin, destroy the Cyber-Twin!!”
 
(Atk: 4200) VS (Atk: 2800)
 
Sabrina: “No!!”
 
SCORE:(Helga: 4300 / Sabrina: 5000)
 
Helga: “And don't forget… as your life points go down, the ice builds up.”
 
(Sabrina's legs are covered)
 
Sabrina: “Ooh… s-s-so… cold!”
 
Helga: “Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah! You're life points are fading fast, and your body is halfway frozen in ice. Soon I'll shall return to the real-world in your body, and leave you here. You'll be nothing more than frozen ice-stature for the rest of eternity.”
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!! AH, ha, ha… AHH… HAA, HAA!!”
 
TO BE CONTINUED