Totally Spies Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 3 ❯ Mechanical Mayhem: Part three ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
 
So far, they had escaped unharmed, but Clover couldn't keep this up all on her own. She had nothing that could help her take down the Perfect Machine King, and Gabi was still all upset and mourning over the loss of Sam.
 
“Hey… buck up will you.” Clover said to her, “We can't let this creep win, or we will lose Sam for good. We can do this, but I need your help.”
 
Gabi didn't even move or flinch this time…
 
“Go ahead… speak to her all you like.” Tim mocked, “I have the both of you right where I want you. You are both down to your last bits of life points, and victory will soon be mine.”
 
Suddenly, from above near the bridges in the rafters, the doors to the room burst wide open, and Alex jumped right through, “Whew talk about a long run.” she groaned.
 
Clover looked up, “Hey, Alex, Mykan, Princess… down here!” she called to us.
 
“Look…” I cried “It's Clover…”
 
She was waving her arms at us all excited and happy.
 
“Sorry to interrupt this touching reunion…” the huge Robot spoke, “But I have a duel to win and more bodies to claim.”
 
“Hey, that voice…” Alex said, “I'd recognize it, even without the robotic-sounds, it's Tim Scam.”
 
Sabrina winced, “You mean… he's one of the LAMOS?” she asked, “We should have known.”
 
We both looked down at the field, and to our surprise we saw Sam's mother, on her knees, and staring sadly at the ground. Questions began to flood our mind as to how she escaped, and what was she doing in the match… but that's when we noticed…
 
“Uh… hey wait a minute…” I asked “Where's Sam? Wasn't she with you?”
 
That's when Clover's happiness faded into sadness. “Sammy… she's gone.” she cried, “She lost the duel.”
 
Alex, Sabrina, and I each felt our blood turn cold. If Sam lost… then that meant, “No… Sammy.” Alex cried as she fell to her knees.
 
“It was all my fault...” Gabi sobbed. “She was only trying to protect me.”
 
Alex never saw Sam's mom looked so down before. All this must have traumatized her half to death. “Excuse me growled Tim. “Unless my calculations are correct, this duel is still on. So will you make a move, or pass again.”
 
“Keep you're bolts tight… we'll pass her turn again.” Clover snapped…
 
Back to the duel
 
SCORE:
 
(Tim: 3450)
 
VS
 
(Clover: 1500) (Gabi: 1550)
 
Clover: “My Draw…”
 
(Draws)
 
“All right… I play the spell, EARTHQUAKE! This card forces all monsters on the field to switch into defense-mode, and that means you.”
 
Tempest… (Def: 2800)
 
Forgiving Maiden… (Def: 2000)
 
Lady Panther… (Def: 1300)
 
Perfect Machine King… (Def: 1500)
 
Clover's thoughts: “It may not be much, but I got to protect us from anymore of his attacks.”
 
Clover: “Next I'll summon this monster, NEO-SPACIAN GLOW MOSS!”
 
(Atk: 300/ Def: 900)
 
Alex: “What? Why did Clover summon that puny little runt for? It can't even put a dent in that huge machine of his.”
 
Mykan: “Hold on Alex. I think Clover has a plan.”
 
Clover: “Now I'll attack you… Perfect Machine King.”
 
Tim: “What?!”
 
Clover: “Now that I've declared an attack, Glow Moss's special ability kicks in. You draw one card and show me what it is.”
 
Tim: “Mmm… Very well…”
 
(Draws a Spell-card)
 
Clover: “Aww… that's too bad, since you drew a spell-card, I can change this attack to a direct attack.”
 
(Atk: 300)
 
SCORE:
 
(Tim: 3150)
 
VS
 
(Clover: 1500) (Gabi: 1550)
 
Tim: “That was a very disappointing move I must say.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Hmm… excellent, now I shall switch myself back into attack-mode, and play the equip-spell card, LIGHTNING-SABER!”(Anime Card only)
 
“This card will enhance my attack points by another 300.”
 
(Atk: 5200) Becomes (Atk: 5500)
 
“and now, I shall attack your Tempest!”
 
(Atk: 5500) VS (Def: 2800)
 
“But that isn't my spell's only effect; for now, by cutting my power in half each time, I am permitted to attack once again.”
 
Clover: “Ah! No way!”
 
Tim: Yes way.. and here I come, for your Glow moss.
 
(Atk: 5500) Becomes (Atk: 2750) VS (Atk: 300)
 
Sabrina: “No! Clover's life points will be all wiped out if that attack hits her Glow Moss.”
 
Clover: “If is the operative word… because now it's special-ability activates again. So you have to draw a card…”
 
Tim: “GRR! I'm growing irritated with all these powers of yours…but very well…”
 
(Draws)
 
“It is a Monster-card… I assume that's good news for me?”
 
Clover: “Sorry to disappoint you, but it isn't. See, since you drew monster card, your battle phase ends right now, and your attack doesn't even come close.”
 
(Attack stops)
 
Tim: “There's no logic to these monsters of yours?”
 
Clover: “Yeah? Well that's the power of Neo-Spacians. I knew they'd serve me great in this deck.”
 
Tim: “No matter… I may not be able to attack your monster, but I can still blow it off the field so you can't try the same trick again. I activate the spell TRIBUTE TO THE DOOMED!”
 
Clover: “Huh? Oh, no!”
 
Tim: “Now by discarding more card from my hand to the graveyard, I can destroy one monster on the field. So your Glow moss is no more.”
 
(Glow Moss, Destroyed)
 
“Prepare yourselves ladies. For come my next turn, I'll be free to attack everything on the field in one shot, winning me the duel.”
 
Outside the duel
 
Now Clover really didn't know what to do. She was fresh out of monsters, and fresh out of cards, and poor Gabi was still down in the dumps over the loss of Sam.
 
“There's only one way we can win.” Clover though, “But I have to get through to Sam's mom.” But once again, no matter what she tried to tell her, Gabi still blamed herself for Sam losing the duel and her body.
 
“I never understood why Sam ever played this game, and now I know. It's all because of me that she's not with us anymore.”
 
I couldn't stand much more of this. As much as I felt bad for the loss of Sam, if it were me down there in the dueling ring, I would never give up. “Gabi… stop this now!” I shouted down at her.
 
Everyone stared at me, even Gabi. “You can't just keep mourning over the loss of Sam, that's not what she would have wanted, is it?”
 
Gabi gazed down at the floor again, “What Sam would want?” she asked.
 
I nodded, “Sam protected you so that you would have a chance at this duel. She wanted you to continue on, and look at you, you're cowering on the floor like a scared little cat. How do you think this helps you, or most importantly, how does it help Sam?”
 
Gabi began to feel that maybe I was right…
 
“You can do this Gabi…” I replied “Just look inside yourself, believe in your cards… and do it for Sam.”
 
“Enough!” snarled Tim, “All this foolishness is starting to make my jolts ache. Either you make a move right now, or the duel will be considered a forfeit.”
 
Gabi however finally got back to her feet and her face never looked more determined than ever before. “He's right… I have to finish this to help Sam.” she said with pride. “So no more cowering, it's time to fight for my daughter.”
 
The rest of us were pleases to see her on her feet again, but Tim was growing more inpatient then ever. “May we please continue…”
 
Back to the duel
 
SCORE:
 
(Tim: 3150)
 
VS
 
(Clover: 1500) (Gabi: 1550)
 
Gabi: “It's my move… so I draw one card.”
 
(Draws)
 
“I may not know much of this game, but I do know a few simple things from what I've heard. I play a spell card, GRACEFUL CHARITY! So now I have to draw three cards, and then discard two.”
 
(Draws and then discards)
 
Gabi's thoughts: “I still have no idea what to do… I only wish Sam was still here to help me.”
 
Strike Ninja: “Gabriella… there is a way.”
 
Gabi: “Huh? Did you just… speak?”
 
Strike Ninja: (Nods) “Mmm… now listen to what I have to say. There is a way for Sam to help you.” (Points to Sam's field)
 
Gabi's thoughts: “Ah… all of Sam's cards are still in play, including that mystery-card she has.”
 
Strike Ninja: “If you discard two more cards, I can activate that face-down card with my Deck-Master's Special-ability. Just trust in fate, and it will guide you to victory.”
 
Gabi: (Nods) “All right… now I activate my Deck-Master's special-ability by discarding two more cards.”
 
(Discards)
 
“Go Strike Ninja, reveal Samantha's face down card.”
 
(Strike-Ninja reveals the card)
 
Tim: “It's a MONSTER REBORN card!”
 
Gabi: “Yes, and I activated it, this means I can choose whichever monster in the graveyard to revive on her side of the field, and I choose a monster that I discarded to the graveyard, the GREEN SPY-GIRL!”(Mykan card only)
 
(Atk: 2300/ Def: 2000)
 
Alex: “Hey, check it out! It's Sammy's spy-card.”
 
Mykan: “Yes, she must've selected that card because it reminded her of Sam.”
 
Tim: “How touching, but you still forget something. It is on your daughters side of the field, which means you cannot control it, or anything.”
 
Gabi: “Actually, I can… with the help of this card… CHANGE OF HEART! So now I can control her for this turn.”
 
Tim: “Ah?!”
 
Gabi: “And if Clover's Red Spy-Girl has a unique power, I'm sure that Samantha's does to, so I'll pay one quarter of my life-points to see what it is.”
 
SCORE:
 
(Tim: 3150)
 
VS
 
(Clover: 1500) (Gabi: 1163)
 
Clover: “You're in big trouble now Scam-man, now that Sam's mom's player the power, all your spell and trap cards are destroyed.”
 
Tim: “What… No! It cannot be? Not my Clockwork Night?
 
(Clockwork Night, and Lightning Saber, both destroyed)
 
Sabrina: “They've done it. They've really done it.”
 
Mykan: (Nods) “Mmm… Perfect Machine King needs machine monsters on the field in order to sustain his power, but with his Clockwork Night card gone, all the other monsters revert back to their original forms and he loses a lot of his attack points.”
 
(Atk: 5500) Becomes (Atk: 2700)
 
Alex: “Whoa! Oh no… he still has enough power to wipe Clover out at least.”
 
Clover: “Not really… it's my turn now.”
 
Clover's thoughts: This is it… if I don't get something worthwhile I will be finished. Come on guys… show me some love…”
 
Clover: “Here goes something…”
 
(Draws)
 
“Huh? Now I play the Spell… MONSTER REBORN… and I know just who to summon back too, ELEMENTAL HERO BUBBLEMAN!”
 
(Atk: 800/ Def: 1200)
 
“And since he's all alone on the field, and I have no other cards in my hand, I can draw twice…”
 
(Draws)
 
“Oh… is it too good to be true or what?”
 
Tim: “Hmm?”
 
Clover: “Now I summon NEO-SPACIAN AIR-HUMMINGBIRD!”
 
(Atk: 800/ Def: 600)
 
Tim: “What? That monster is so incredibly weak. There's no way it can defeat and all powerful Machine like myself.”
 
Clover: “Well you're right about that. See Normally I'd be able to get 500 more life points now for each card in your hand, but… well… you don't have any… but luckily I have something much sweeter than that. Marauding Captain! All I have to do is pay 1000 points…”
 
SCORE:
 
(Tim: 3150)
 
VS
 
(Clover: 500) (Gabi: 1163)
 
“And now his Deck-Master Special ability lets me summon one warrior type monster from my hand, and I have just the one too… ELEMENTAL HERO NEOS!”
 
(Atk: 2500/ Def: 2000)
 
Tim: “Very funny young-lady, but I am still not amused. Not one of your new monsters has the power to strike me down, and I doubt you have anything that can help you accomplish that.”
 
Clover: “Sorry pal… but I do, actually.”
 
Tim: “Huh?”
 
Clover: “See, one of my deck's specialties is most of my best cards are fusion monsters, but it's very difficult to summon them out, what with needing a fusion card at that… however… I did some research and found out that Neos, and the Neo-Spacians have a power called Contact fusion.”
 
Tim: “Contact Fusion?!”
 
Clover: “Yep… a fusion technique that doesn't require Polymerization, or any other fusion card. So now I send both cards back to my deck...”
 
(Shuffles)
 
“And now Neo-Spacian Air-Hummingbird… merge to together with Neos…”
 
(Bright light flashes)
 
“Ladies and Gentlemen… meet the one and only, ELEMENTAL HERO AIR-NEOS!”
 
(Atk: 2500/ Def: 2000)
 
Tim: “Ahh…!”
 
Clover: “And dig this… Air-Neos' special-ability; When my life points are lower than yours he gains attack-strength equal to the difference in our points.”
 
Tim: “What? No!”
 
(Atk: 2500) Becomes (Atk: 5150)
 
Tim: “AAH!! Oh no!”
 
Alex: “Yeah! Way to scare that guy right out of his bolts, Clover!”
 
(Clover and Gabi nod at each other)
 
Clover: “This one's for you Sammy! Air-Neos… ATTACK, NOW!!”
 
(Atk: 5150) VS (Atk: 2700)
 
Tim: “Oo-oo-ooh—AAAAA-AAAAH!!”
 
Mykan: “Since Perfect Machine King is the Deck-Master, Tim automatically loses the duel.”
 
 
 
FINAL SCORE:
 
(Tim: “0000”)
 
VS
 
(Clover: 500) (Gabi: 1163)
 
 
As Tim's body began to vanish in the explosions from his circuits, he actually seemed pleased that he was going out. “Fools…” he chuckled, “You may have defeated me, but don't forget that I still won Sam's body.”
 
We all gasped in shock. “Hey, that's way not fair.” snapped Clover.
 
“We beat you fair and square, so give me back my daughter.” added Gabi.
 
“Negative…” growled Tim, “Sam's body is mine. I won it, and I shall claim it, and you'll never see her ever again. Mmm, hmm, mm, mm.. Hmm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah, ah…!” then he was gone.
 
Once again, Gabi had fallen to her knees in anguish. “No…” she cried.
 
Alex pounded the railings with her fist, “That creep's gone, but he took Sam's body.”
 
I put my hand n her shoulder, calming her down. “Don't worry, Alex… we'll find her.” I said. “They have to be holding her around somewhere.
 
 
As I spoke those words… Sam could suddenly feel her eyes opening. “Whoa… what's happened.” she thought, “Where am I?”