Totally Spies Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 3 ❯ The Truth and the AWFUL truth. ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
 
The lasts of the explosions faded out, and Estevan fell off his dueling pillar and down to the ground. His Digimon Emperor outfit looked a little filthy, and a few rips here and there, but the duel was over!
 
“Estevan… you're finished!”
 
Estevan looked up, “No… it can't be!” he cried. “I can't be beaten!”
 
“I'm afraid you just were beaten.” I disagreed with him. “That means your spell is broken and the others are set free.”
 
One by one the statues glowed and then the stone dissolved and everyone changed back to their normal states. “Whoa… do I have a headache or what?” moaned Alex.”
 
Sam was back too, or at least her in her robo-pup outfit. “Woof-Woof! Remind me never to listen to the rolling stones again!”
 
The Parents and Mandy were all free, but they toppled all over each other and were struggling to get up. “Ouch… hey…!”
 
“Watch it!”
 
“Get your feet out of my nose!”
 
I hopped down from my dueling pillar, and that's when Sabrina looked up at me, “Mykan!” She ran towards me, and I took her in my arms and twirled her round, and round.
 
“Hey…” Clover cried, “I think he did it. Mykan… you won!”
 
Mandy finally managed to break away from the toppled parents, “What… Mykan won?” she asked. “Somebody want to clue me in here...?”
 
The girls explained to her how I took her place after she was turned to stone, and I used a little bit of her deck to win. To say that Mandy wasn't glad I won would be untrue… but she was defiantly horrified by the fact that I touched her cards… especially her Blue-Eyes. Still… she resisted the urge to argue.
 
Sabrina and I gazed over at Estevan. “You've been defeated, Estevan…” I said, “Not just by me, but by all of us. I told you that the support of my friends and loved ones would always triumph over any evil tricky you tried to use.”
 
Estevan, feeling so incredibly bummed, fell to his knees. “I lost… I'm a failure. This isn't what was supposed to happen!” he cried. “I was flawless, my plans were supposed to work out perfectly.” He angrily pounded the ground with his fist, “ACK! How'd it happen…you must've cheated somehow…? THAT'S THE ONLY POSSIBLE EXPLANATION!!”
 
Sabrina and I approached the troubled young-boy. “Brother… you've been locked in this virtual-world for 20 years all alone.” Sabrina said, “You can't help yourself that you feel angered and disgusted by us.”
 
Estevan began to feel she was right. He had been imprisoned for too long, and he never knew what is was like to have friends, or fall in love, but to him, “Who are you guys trying to fool!” he snapped angrily. “You can't possibly know what it's like to be me! All alone, by yourself with no way out and nothing that ever seems real…?”
 
He cast his look back to the ground, “Of course you can't. No one can… I was robbed of my life.”
 
He explained to us once again how his mind was digitized into his father's computer, and he was left in cyber-space, only to be left alone and forgotten. “GRR… IT'S NOT FAIR!!” he screamed. “I should be the heir to Father's throne… Not Sabrina and Mykan!”
 
He got up in a split second and began to charge for me and Sabrina. “I will have it back… and I'll start by taking your body Mykan!”
 
Sabrina screamed, the girls gasped, and the parents and Mandy gazed with horror in their eyes as Estevan raised his Millennium-Key and fired a shock-wave right for me.
 
“Mykan!” cried Clover.
 
“Get out of the way!” added Alex.
 
I just stood there, and remembering that Estevan had used his key a lot, I used my Millennium Necklace and countered the blast with one of my own shots. “YARGH…!” Estevan got hit and fell over again. “AAH! This can't be happening!”
 
Everyone gathered round Sabrina and I, and then I said to Estevan, “You no longer have the power over us Estevan. So it's time for you to send us back home to the real-world.”
 
Sam growled and barked angrily at him, “Yeah… Arf-Arf… and give me back my real body, and make it fast! Woof-Woof!”
 
Estevan stared at Sam. “So you want your real body back?” he asked rhetorically and then he laughed maliciously. “Your real body was never even lost to begin with. It's right where you left it.”
 
We all felt confused, and then Estevan explained to us, “Don't you get it? There are no bodies. Everything that happens here is virtual, and that includes all of you.”
 
Then he used his Millennium Key, “See for yourselves…” and he showed us images of what was really going on. There we saw ourselves back in the real world aboard Estevan's spaceship, and well all seemed to be seated in cyber-pods connected to the computer-mainframe. “Don't you get it now?” Estevan said, “Everything that's happened here has all been in your minds.”
 
That's we began to realize what really happened…; Back on the ship when the floors opened up beneath our feet, we didn't really fall into a virtual-vortex, but we were knocked unconscious, and then the LAMOS obviously strapped us into the Cyber-pods before heading into their own pods.
 
“Whew… really freakishly scary here!” cried Clover.
 
Suddenly… the skies grew dark as dark clouds began to appear. “Oh no… what now?” cried Stella, and that's when we all heard a strange and angry voice saying, “You have failed me for the last time, Estevan!”
 
Sabrina gasped, “That voice…?”
 
Estevan suddenly began to look frightened, “Uh… Father, no. Give me another chance!”
 
“SILENCE…!” shouted the voice, and then in the midst of the clouds appeared an image of King-Monroe's face. “Daddy!” cried Sabrina.
 
“It can't be…!” I added.
 
The King looked down angrily at Estevan, “I'm sick and tired of your failures, Estevan. I ought to digitize you so you'll never reappear again!” he growled fiercely. “Now I'm going to step in… and take my revenge on Mykan and all his friends.”
 
The Parents were all getting scared again. “Ooh… not another bad-guy!” cried Gabi.
 
“This is not happening?!” Stanley cried trying to convince himself it wasn't real.
 
As for the rest of us, the girls and I began to think that something wasn't right here. “Hey… isn't the King supposed to be back in the real world?” Alex asked.
 
“Yeah… and isn't he supposed to be the kindest and gentlest of all guys in the world.” added Clover.
 
Sam also noted, “Hey… Arf! When we saw images of the cyber-pods… how come he wasn't there? Woof!”
 
Sabrina and I wondered the same things, and that's when my theory began to hit me again. I stepped forward and called up to the face, “Tell me… who you really are! The real King Monroe would never act this way naturally… unless you're who I think you are…”
 
The face began to snicker, and his voice changed to a raspy evil hiss, and his facial features changed. “Ah! So I was right… it is you!”
 
“Hmm, mm, mm! Yes… we meet again, Mykan!”
 
Estevan was confused. “Father… what are you saying?”
 
“Don't be fooled.” I warned him “That's not really your father up there.”
 
Sabrina gritted her teeth in anger, “That creature still haunts me in my nightmares!” she cried angrily.
 
We began to tell Estevan what that thing really was…
 
Years back, some time ago Estevan's father discovered the Millennium-Eye, but when he became its new owner, he not only gained new powers, but also and evil spirit trapped in the item for 5,000 years had emerged and took control of him.
 
This was the cause of the King's cruel behaviour, and possibly why he never saw Estevan anymore. It was all the spirit's doing. With the help of the spies helping me get Sabrina back, it was there that I challenged King Monroe to a duel… and exposed the evil within him.
 
“I am a thief and a steal of souls. I am on a quest to collect all seven of the Millennium-Items… and then I will rule the entire universe.”
 
He was just using King-Monroe for his evil bidding, but with the help of my faith in the heart of the cards, and my friends backing me up; I defeated the creature and banished him to the Shadow-Realm…
 
“GO EXODIA OBLITERATE!!”
 
(BIG BLASTS)
 
“AAA-AAAAH… NOOOO…!”
 
The evil spirit was gone, and King Monroe was set free to be a nice person again…
 
 
“Okay… back up a minute here…” Alex snapped. “If he was destroyed… how is he here?”
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… a very good question my dear.” The Evil Monroe said, and he began to explain to us how he managed to survive…
 
With King Monroe's body at his disposure, he was always looking for ways to gain power, and lots of it. It never occurred to him that he could be defeated, but to be safe he took the precaution and digitized a portion of his spirited-mind into the virtual-system.
 
“You really thought you saw the last of me didn't you? But a-part of me always had existed within this network.”
 
It was then that he told us how he wanted nothing more than swift revenge on me and the others for defeating him, but since he no longer had control of King Monroe… heeded a new plan, that's where Estevan came in…
 
“Whoa! You just used him to get to us…?!” Clover griped.
 
The Spirit nodded, “I gave him his own Millennium-Item… the Millennium-Key, but the only thing he managed to do right was trap you all here. After that he did nothing but fail miserably!”
 
“You… used me?!” growled Estevan, “How could you? You made my father abandon me all alone in cyber-space!”
 
“Ha, ha, ha… yes! Back then I had no use for you… so I tried to whip Sabrina into shape, but she defied my every word, and eventually Mykan came along and blasted me into the Shadow-Realm.”
 
“Fortunately for me… with a portion of my spirit sealed away in cyber-space I began to reconfigure myself so that one day I would be reborn, and rise again to finish what I started.”
 
Estevan felt horrified and furious. All this time he was just a prop in some evil scheme? He never felt so incredibly angry in his life.
 
“And now that I have you all here… I can put one final part of my plan into action.” And then he showed us images of the ship still orbiting the Earth. “This spaceship that houses the environment we are in is armed with powerful-digitizing cannons.”
 
“I'll use this to digitize everyone on earth and upload them into this virtual-world, where I shall serve as its ruler. Everyone will bow before me, and no one will stop me this time. Heh, heh, ah, ah… AAH, HA, AH, AH, AH!!”
 
With that… the clouds had vanished along with the spirits head, leaving us all angered and worried. “Is that creep serious?” cried Clover. “He can't just bring the whole world in here.”
 
I agreed with her… we had to stop that evil creep, somehow, and as for Estevan… well, “Come with me.” he said. “I can help you.”
 
Did we just hear him right? He wanted to help us, and after everything he did to us. “Why should we trust you?” Alex snapped at him.
 
“You have to…” Estevan said, “If you don't we could all be in great danger.”