Totally Spies Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 3 ❯ Who's more deliusional ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
 
We found no choice but to follow Estevan. If he really knew how we could escape from the virtual-world, we had o take it. He led us along a series of caves until we found what seemed to be a network-station. “This can give us all the information on where the emergency exits are…” he told us, but when he tried to operate the systems, “Mmm… but just as I thought; the evil spirit has locked me out. I can't access a thing.”
 
He and hung his head, still unable to take the fact that he was being used all this time by a creep that was only pretending to be his father. He really was a stubborn fool wasn't he?
 
Suddenly… he began laughing again.
 
“Uh… I miss the joke…” Clover said.
 
That's when Estevan turned towards us with that evil expression in his eyes again, “Then again. “Why should I help you all escape, when we won't all be alone here much longer?” he chuckled. “You heard that creature's plan… he's going to bring the whole world here… Digitizing everyone on Earth and upload them to the virtual-network. Finally, I'll never be alone anymore; I'll have one big happy family, Heh, heh, heh… AH, HA, AH, AH, AH, AH…!”
 
Sabrina knew that Estevan needed help. “Estevan please… you can't think that way.” she said, “You're in danger as well as the rest of us. There has to be another escape route somewhere.”
 
“Heh, heh, heh…! Oh but there is a way out… and HERE IT IS!!” and with his sneaky tricks he blasted us all with his Millennium-Key once again. “Ha, ha, ha… I can still get my revenge at least!”
 
 
Clover opened her eyes and she realized that she was hanging on the beach with hot surfer-dudes. “Ooh-hoo-hoo… total paradise much.” she said.
 
 
Sam was standing on-stage at a student award-ceremony and accepting her honor-roll for college. “Hey… wait a minute. Didn't I already except this award once?” she asked herself. Then she barked, “Woof-Woof! Uh… that's right… I'm still in that virtual-world in a dog's body!”
 
 
Alex found herself talking to her parents on the phone for getting all F's on her report card. “It's off to boarding school for you young-lady!”
 
“We're very disappointed in you.”
 
Alex felt like crying, “Hey… hold on… I remember all this.” she said, “But why is it happening over again?”
 
 
Mandy found herself at Marik and Ishizu's dueling tournament, facing off against me, and it was the final move. “MYKAN… I WILL NOT LOSE TO YOU IN THIS TOURNAMENT!!” she screamed.
 
“Mandy… you're too late!” I protested.
 
Suddenly, Mandy felt strange. “Wait a minute… this all happened last year.” she said, “Then why am I here again?”
 
 
The spies' father found themselves on the verge of bankruptcy, and the mothers were being kidnapped by Mandy and the Spy-assassins. Yet all of them couldn't help but feel that all this had happened once before…
 
 
As for me… There I was being tied to that life-raft. “Get out of here you creep… don't ever come near my daughter again!” The King yelled at me as he cast me out to sea…
 
“SABRINA…!”
 
“MYKAN…!”
 
Then suddenly I remembered that I was 14 when that all happened, and yet I appeared be still in my normal age of 21. “What a minute! This already happened to me before.” I said to myself. “Oh no… Estevan must've tricked us! He's using his Millennium-Key to trick us into seeing these flashes from the past.”
 
I concentrated hard, and since I really did still have the Millennium-Necklace with me… I broke the spell and found myself still in cave. “This is bad…” I said “I've got to find the others before something else happens!”
 
So I tapped back into my powers, and went in search of old memories and image of the past…
 
 
Sabrina however…
 
This was the happiest night of her life. There she was in her elegant white gown, on the arm of her father walking down the isle to meet me at the altar. “Sabrina…” I said to her as I gazed upon her with love in my eyes, “Finally we shall be married…”
 
Sabrina blinked back her tears, “Oh, Mykan…” she sobbed happily, but then suddenly she realized. “Wait… Mykan and I already are married… and we have two daughters.”
 
She dropped her bouquet. “This is all fake!” she yelled. Then suddenly she heard the sound of someone applauding her. Then the images vanished, and she found herself standing face-to-face with her father… or more likely, “You…!”
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… poor little princess. You never were able to confront your dreams and nightmares all alone.” the spirit sniggered at her.
 
Sabrina clenched her fists angrily, “I warn you… don't toy with Me.” she scolded.
 
“Or you'll what?” asked the Spirit, “Remember who spent more years with you, Sabrina, You are nothing more than a petrified little girl who always had to depend on others to help her onto her feet. Well soon I will be rid of you once and for all!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Estevan had returned to his control-room where he kept an eye on all of us in the dimensions he placed us in. “Hmm, mm, mm… now that they're all locked up, all I have to do is choose a body and take it for myself.”
 
He eyed every one of our dimensions and thought it over carefully. He didn't want to take any of the parents, too old for his liking.
 
He didn't want Alex, because she seemed to be a little wimpy.
 
Sam was smart, but not smart enough to house his brain capacity.
 
He defiantly didn't want Clover, because she was a regular flake, and boy toy.
 
“That only leaves three possible choices.” he said as he gazed at the images of me, Mandy and Sabrina. “Hello… what have we here?” he said, “Looks like Sabrina and that imposter are having a little heart-to-heart talk. Heh, heh, heh!”
 
He cranked up the audio and heard Sabrina shout, “I've always had the courage to defy you…
 
That's when she began to bring up the story about how she never planned to take control of King Monroe's empire at all, but she wanted to be a doctor. So she studied in secret and now she was nearing the starting point of a medical career.
 
“You used Estevan for your own twisted games, and robbed him of his sanity. If I were my father I'd do my best to give Estevan the very life he deserves, with love and happiness instead of solitary confinement.”
 
 
Estevan thought that little speech was amusing, but he stuck to his stubborn ways. “Hmm! How Pathetic. A Princess wanting to be a doctor…? She doesn't fool me one little bit.” he snorted. “The sooner I pick a body and get out of here… the better, and then… it'll be payback time for sure. Hmm, mm, mm…”
 
He continued to view the screens and he saw that I was already with Sam and Alex, and all of us were trying to get Clover to come with us… but Clover didn't believe us when we told her that everything here was only an illusion.
 
“No way… I'm not going to leave these hunks of men here.” she whined.
 
“Arf-Arf! Clover… I hate to do this, but it's for the best!” Sam said and then she sunk her robotic-jaws into Clovers hand causing her to let go of the illusions, and SCREAM in pain, and anguish that Sam may had given her a case of rabies.
 
 
“GRR… that Mykan's a little trickier than I thought.” Estevan said, “I better take a body before he reaches them all.” But sadly there was only one available body he could take without having to worry about me and my Millennium Necklace.
 
Meanwhile
 
Sabrina and the evil spirit were still throwing it at each other. “I'm a lot braver than you think I am.” Sabrina snapped at him. “And you secretly know it… don't you?”
 
The evil spirit's lips curled into a sour stare. “Hmm… very well then… I shall give you the chance to prove yourself.” he told her. “You duel me, and we shall find out for certain just how brave you really are.”
 
“A duel…?” Sabrina asked. “What are you getting at?”
 
The Spirit sniggered evilly, “Hmm, mm, mm… if you truly believe to be as brave you had so claimed, then surely a duel against me shouldn't be so bad. After all I am the man of your nightmares… as I always was. Hmm, mm, mm!”
 
Sabrina thought it over… “Fine, have it your way…” she said. “Ever since you came into my life I've been dying to pay you back for all the troubles you caused.”
 
The Spirit was by himself with evil delight. “Follow me then… our duel-site awaits us.”
 
Meanwhile
 
The girls and I had managed to gather up their parents. Now all we needed was Mandy. “She's got to be around here somewhere.” Alex said.
 
As we continued to press on through the illusion worlds, Greg thought he saw something, “Hey… there she is!” he called to us, and then we all saw her dueling against a simulation of me at the duel tournaments last year… and she had just lost the match.
 
“Mandy!” I called to her. She looked up and put her hands on her hips. “Ah-ha… I knew this was just some lame-wad trick.” she snorted.
 
We hurried down to the field as fast as we could, but before we could reach her. Estevan appeared. “Going somewhere…?” he said.
 
We all stopped dead in our tracks. “Estevan…?!” I growled. “Leave us alone! We're through with your mind tricks.”
 
“You little creep…!” growled Clover, “Don't make me hurt you!”
 
Estevan thought it was cute how we were all acting so tough, “But I really have no time for this…” and he shot a ray of light at Mandy's body which nearly blinded us all. Estevan laughed maliciously, as Mandy screamed!
 
Then… the light had vanished, and both Mandy and Estevan were nowhere to be seen. Carmen was freaked out of her shoes, “Hey… you don't think he just--”
 
“He might have…” I said.
 
 
And indeed he had…
 
Estevan had uploaded his mind to Mandy's body, and at that moment, he had awoken in the real-world aboard his ship, and popped out from his cyber-pod in his new body. “Mine…” he chuckled. “All mine…Heh, heh, ah, ah, ah! HA, HA, AH, AH, AH…!”