Totally Spies Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 3 ❯ The Final Fate: Part One ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
 
Mandy was gone, and not one of us knew where to look for her. Worse than that Sabrina was still missing, and Estevan had slipped through our fingers once again.
 
“I swear… if I ever find that kid, he'll wish he'd never been born!” growled Stella.
 
“Hey… ease up on him mom.” Clover said. “The kid may be a jerk; he's still the only one who knows the way out of this place.”
 
Stella knew she was right, and then we still had the problem of the evil spirit planning to bring the whole world into the virtual-world. We had to find him and stop him before it was too late.
 
Sam tried to speak clearly but… “Woof! We got… Arf-Arf... out of… Ruff-Ruff… before… Woof-Woof! Late… Aye-Aye-Aye!”
 
All of us looked down at her with raised eyebrows. “Sammy, I couldn't understand a word you just said.” Alex told her, and Sam fell into a whimper. She was almost a complete dog now. If she didn't get her real body back soon, who knew what would happen to her or any of us?
 
“We got to keep moving…” I said, “LET'S GO!” and we all rushed towards a large virtual-city...
 
Meanwhile
 
The evil spirit had led Sabrina to a virtual-replica of the home castle back on the island in the real-world. “Thought you might prefer dueling at home again like old times.” He taunted her.
 
Sabrina was still nowhere near afraid not even when they stepped out on the turrets of the tallest tower on the castle, and their duel-disks had appeared. They began to select their cards immediately, and in accordance with the Spirit's dueling-ways, there would be no deck-masters. Just a normal all-out match like old times…
 
“I hope you realize what you've just stepped into my dear…” he replied. “This is more than just testing your bravery, but a duel to decide fates.”
 
Sabrina loaded her cards into the disk, “What are you getting at?” she asked.
 
The Spirit sniggered, “Is it not obvious? I may be in possession of vast amounts of power in this world, but I also need to attend to the real world. So in order to do this I require a body… and that is where you come in.”
 
Sabrina could get where he was coming from now. He was planning to take over her body if she lost in this match. “Hmm, mm… admit it; girly… you don't have the courage to face against me. You're all alone, lost in the dark… and I'm the big bad boogie-man.”
 
Sabrina's lips curled into a sneer; “All I feel is annoyed!” she spoke in barley more than tone, “Now are we going to duel or what? I'll show you that I'm not the scared girl you once knew.”
 
With that, they readied their disks, drew their first cards, and their life points were set to 8000 a piece. “LET'S DUEL!!”
 
 
SCORE:(Spirit: 8000/ Sabrina: 8000)
 
Sabrina's thoughts: “Hmm… two Cyber Dragons and a Power Bond on my first hand. This shouldn't be too hard.”
 
Spirit: “Let the destruction commence…”
 
(Draws)
 
“I see the cards in my deck are already showing you no mercy. I shall start by activating GRACEFUL CHARITY! Now I shall draw three cards, and discard two…”
 
(Draws and discards)
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… perfect! Now I shall activate MONSTER-REBORN! Now I shall revive the monster I just discarded; LORD OF DRAGONS!!”
 
(Atk: 1200/ Def: 1100)
 
“Hmm, mm… is that fear I sense in your eyes?”
 
Sabrina: “No… not fear, but confusion. Why would you go to such lengths to bring out a monster you could've normal-summoned more easily?”
 
Spirit: “Heh-Heh… you shall find out at once. I activate the spell FLUTE OF SUMMONING DRAGON!!“This allows me to summon up to two more Dragon-class monsters, and I choose to summon a pair of DIVINE DRAGON RAGNAROK!!”
 
(Atk: 1500/ Def: 1000) x2
 
“Now watch closely, as a sacrifice my two dragons so I can call forth VANITY'S RULER!!”
 
(Atk: 2500/ Def: 1600)
 
Sabrina's thoughts: “Huh? What's that card? I never saw that before.
 
Spirit: “You're beginning to look puzzled. Hmm, mm, mm… then I suppose I may as well use this. I'll activate POLYMERIZATION!Fusing together my Lord of Dragons, and the other Divine Dragon in my hand to create the all-mighty King of dragons; KING DRAGUN!”
 
(Atk: 2400/ Def: 1100)
 
Sabrina: “Ahh…?”
 
Spirit: “Your looking a little speechless. Well you should seeing as how these cards are all brand new, and no one but your own father has ever laid eyes on them. So make your move… if you have the nerve that is… Hmm, mm, mm!”
 
Sabrina: “Don't get too cocky! My move…”
 
(Draws)
 
Sabrina's thoughts: “Hmm, he doesn't have any face-down cards. This is the perfect chance for me to wipe him out.”
 
Sabrina: “Now then… since you have monsters on the field, and I don't, I can special-summon--”
 
Spirit: “Stop right there!”
 
Sabrina: “Huh…?”
 
Spirit: “Hmm, mm, mm… I'm afraid you can't summon your Cyber-Dragon's that way. You see… thanks to my Vanity's ruler and it's special-ability, you can't special-summon any monsters at all.”
 
Sabrina: “AAH…!”
 
Spirit: “And that also forbids you from performing any other special summons such as fusions, and rituals. You might as well surrender while you can... heh, heh, heh!”
 
Sabrina's thoughts: “This is just great! I can't special summon my Cyber Dragons, or fuse them. I'll have to find some other way to beat him.”
 
Sabrina: “I'm not giving in. I have other ways… so I'll summon a monster in defense-mode, and I'll throw one card face down… and to keep you in your place I'll put this spell in play… THE DARK DOOR!”
 
Spirit: “I see… you're attempting to save yourself time by making it so we both may only attack with one monster per turn.”
 
Sabrina: “Hmm… you're pretty smart for someone demented and crazed!”
 
Spirit: “GRR! I'll teach you some respect…!”
 
(Draws)
 
Sabrina's thoughts: “Well so far I've got him stuck. If he tries to attack me with any monster I'll spring my trap and get him hard.”
 
“Ah… Excellent! Now I activate the spell, CARD OF DIMISE!!”(Anime card only) “Now I shall draw five more cards, but after five turns I must discard my entire hand.”
 
Sabrina: “I know what the card does… so just make your move!”
 
Spirit: “Very well… Hmm, mm, mm! Now I place one card face down, and I shall summon forth HORUS the BLACK FLAME DRAGON LV 6!!”
 
(Atk: 2300/ Def: 1600)
 
Sabrina: “What?! You can't summon a monster that strong just like that. You didn't make any sacrifices.”
 
Spirit: “Correct… and I had no need too. For my King Dragun's special-ability allows me to special summon one Dragon from my hand each turn.”
 
Sabrina: “GRR…!”
 
Spirit: “And speaking of King Dragun… I'll send him to attack your defense-monster!”
 
Sabrina: “You just went for my trap… SAKRETSU-ARMOR! Now your monster is automatically destroyed.”
 
Spirit: “Oh, is that what you think…?”
 
(Trap fails)
 
Sabrina: “Ah…?!”
 
(Atk: 2400) VS CYBER-ARCHFIEND (Def: 2000)
 
“My trap didn't work! This can't be…?”
 
Spirit: “I'm afraid it is true. You see… my King Dragun has but another special ability which protects any of my Dragons from being targeted by any card effect at all. That includes monster, spell, and trap.”
 
Sabrina: “Oh no…!”
 
Spirit: “And don't go thinking that we're through just yet. Go Flame Dragon… attack her life points directly!”
 
Sabrina: “WHAT…?!”
 
(Atk: 2300)
 
“AAH… EEEE!”
 
SCORE:(Spirit: 8000/ Sabrina: 5700)
 
“But… how? My Dark Door…?”
 
Spirit: “Hmm, mm, mm… yes while it is true that we both may only attack with one monster per turn… my dragon is immune to all effects from spell-cards. Which allowed me to attack again.”
 
Sabrina's thoughts: “This is looking bad. He's using more cards that I've never heard of before, and he's already got me at a serious disadvantage.”
 
Spirit: “I shall end my turn now.”
 
Sabrina: “Fine.. my draw!”
 
(Draws)
 
“I play POT OF GREED so I can draw two cards…”
 
(Draws twice)
 
“I summon a monster in defense-mode… and now I'll place one card face down. That ends my turn.”
 
Spirit: “Hmm… is that the best you can do. Seems more like your cowering…”
 
(Draws)
 
“Hmm, mm… Now go my Flame Dragon… destroy her monster!”
 
Sabrina: “Now my trap activates! GRAVITY BIND!!Looks like all your monsters can't attack me now. Since my Gravity Bind affects all monster on the field, even your Dragons can't break through this time.”
 
Spirit: “Hmm, mm… very true, but sadly that will not be happening!”
 
Sabrina: “Hmm…?”
 
Spirit: “Reveal trap card, ROYAL DECREE!!”
 
Sabrina: “No! I know that card… it cancels out all Trap cards and their effects.”
 
Spirit: “Yes… which means your Gravity Bind is now useless, and my attack continues!”
 
(Atk: 2300) Vs PROTO CYBER DRAGON (Def: 1100)
 
Sabrina: “No!”
 
Spirit: “Heh, heh, heh… and what's worse beyond that, now that my Level-6 Dragon has destroyed a monster, I can now sacrifice it to summon this monster… HORUS the BLACK FLAME DRAGON LV 8!!”
 
(Atk: 3000/ Def: 1800)
 
“If you thought my Level-6 dragon was bad enough, my Level-* Dragon is even fiercer. You see… it has a special-effect that allows me to stop you from playing any spell cards at all.”
 
Sabrina's thoughts: “AAH… Oh no! That means I can't use Spells or Traps! I still can't even special-summon my monsters. I'm running out of options.”
 
Spirit: “Well, well… looks at the so-called brave princess now. You have no ways of summoning your monsters, no way of getting past my own, and ultimately no way out! Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah…”
 
“Soon I shall take over your body, and begin the final phase of my plan to conquer the entire world. Once I've digitized the world and transferred them to this realm we stand in, I shall go off in search of the remaining Millennium Items… and then… at long last… the Universe shall be mine!” (Evil laughter)
 
Outside the duel
 
Estevan, still in the real world was still aboard the ship and putting his plan of revenge into action. “That creep thought he could use me just to gain what he wanted?” he snarled at no one particularly. “Well it's time I turned the tables on him.”
 
He sat himself down at the computer-mainframe and began to override the systems. It was there that he found what he was looking for…
 
His Millennium-Key… the real one… had been safely tucked aboard the ship powering everything up. So all Estevan had to do was take out the key… “Yoink…!”
 
At once the ship began losing power, however… the emergency generators kicked in immediately and everything was running back to it's full capacity. “GRR! Seems that spirit, whatever he is a pretty sneaky character.” Estevan said deeply, “But then again… I'm sneakier.”
 
Obviously, Estevan had another plan in mind, one that was guaranteed not to fail. “Everyone knows that all high-tech spaceships like this are programmed to self-destruct!” he sniggered while activating the systems. “Hmm, mm, mm… taking all bodies and minds aboard down with it.”
 
The computerized voice confirmed Estevan's pass codes, and presented him with a second slot for the Millennium-Key. “Please insert key…”
 
Estevan smiled wickedly as he held up the key and placed it in the slot. “Heh, heh, heh… it's all over now!” he snickered as he turned the key. The moment he pulled out the key, the ship began to lose power again. The Red-Alert sounded. Red-lights flashed around all corridors and sectors. “Beginning self-destruction sequence.” the computer-voice warned, “Sixty-seconds to self-destruct and counting!”
 
60:00… 59:59… 59:58… 59:57…
 
“Heh, heh, heh, yes the ticking clock!” Estevan laughed. “Take that! ALL OF YOU!!”