Totally Spies Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 3 ❯ The Final Fate: Part Two ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
 
With the self-destruct system activated, Estevan was by himself with glee. Already the ship was beginning to rumble and quiver from the inside. “Hmm, mm, mm… after all these years things are finally starting to go my way.” He chuckled as he twirled his Millennium-Key round and around on its ropes.
 
He began to trace his way up the corridors to one of many escape pods he was planning to use to abandon ship and make his way down to Earth. “Hmm, mm… only forty-five minutes to go.” he muttered. “Once this baby goes up, the entire virtual-world will be lost, and all minds inside with it.”
 
As he readied the pod for take off he couldn't help but think back, “Poor Sabrina… she really was a worthy adversary, as all the others. They couldn't possibly understand… and they never will.”
 
Suddenly he began to remember what he overheard Sabrina saying to the evil spirit; how she really wanted to be a doctor, and how she had been feeling pity and sadness for him.
 
“Hmm! Why can't I get those thoughts out of my head?” he asked himself. “I hate her… I hate them all… and soon they'll all be nothing but bits of dust lost in space forever.”
 
“Self Destruct in forty-minutes and counting…”
 
40:00… 39:59… 39:58… 39:57…
 
Sabrina's voice was still echoing through Estevan's head. “You've been locked up here for too long. You were used and betrayed. You can't help but feel angered and troubled.”
 
His finger was only one inch away from hitting the key marked “Launch” but he just couldn't touch it. “What… have I done?!” he cried. “No… no… I can't do this.”
 
After all this time, Estevan finally admitted to himself something he never had before. He was wrong… he was wrong to judge Sabrina, and I… and wrong to trap us all in the Virtual-world.
 
Suddenly… the ship's shaking became more violent as the countdown timer continued ticking away…
 
 
37:46… 37:45… 37:44… 37:43…
 
Instead of launching the pod, he hopped out of it, and began to dash as fast as he could back for the main control-ops. “I have to stop the systems… I can't let this ship explode!”
 
As he ran along the corridors, sparks and small explosions began to shoot up all over the ship. Pipes burst, and the walls began to break-up. “Whoa… AAH!” Estevan was nearly knocked over three times by the tremors, but he wasn't going to give up. “I've got to make it to the controls...!” he cried.
 
Finally he could see the door up ahead, but no sooner had he entered the control-room did a terrible sight meet his eyes. “OH, NO…!” The controls panels had all been severed and shorted out from under the stress of the ship breaking-up. “I can't stop the system! I CAN'T STOP THE SYSTEM!!”
 
More sparks and tremors were crashing about, “Self-Destruct in thirty-five minutes and counting! Evacuate immediately.”
 
Estevan was in big trouble, but not as much trouble as we all were now…
 
Meanwhile
 
Sabrina was still looking in a bad way. Still unable to special-summon any monsters, use any spells or traps, and she was actually starting to lose her confidence, and she was beginning to sweat.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… I knew it all along.” the evil spirit chuckled with sneakiness, “It would seem that you really haven't got the bravery to face up to me. You're body is as good as mine.”
 
Back to the duel
 
SCORE:(Spirit: 8000/ Sabrina: 5700)
 
Sabrina's thoughts: “No, no I'm not… I can do this. I just have to keep trying…”
 
(Draws)
 
Sabrina: “I'll… place a monster in defense-mode, and… I'll… end my turn.”
 
Spirit: “Ha, ha, ha… seeing you squirm with fear really amuses me.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Ahh… now I activate the spell, LEVEL MODULATION!!Now I can immediately summon one monster that has the word “Level” in its name and also avoid any special-summoning requirements.”
 
Sabrina: “Ah…?!”
 
Spirit: “So now I shall bring back my all powerful HORUS the BLACK FLAME DRAGON LV-6!!”
 
(Atk: 2300/ Def: 1600)
 
“Unfortunately… my Dragon can't attack this turn, but I can still eliminate your face-down monster with another card. So go my Level-8 Dragon… Attack!”
 
(Atk: 3000) VS HUNTER DRAGON (Def: 100)
 
Sabrina: “Uh-h-h-h-h… ohh…!”
 
Spirit: “Hmm, mm… Next I shall place one card face down, and before I end my turn there is one minor detail remaining. You must draw two cards due to the rules of my Level-Modulation.”
 
Sabrina: “Uh…? Oh…”
 
(Draws twice)
 
Spirit's thoughts: “Draw as many cards as you'd like little princess. In the end it will all avail you but not!”
 
Outside the duel
 
We had all been searching the city for what seemed like hours, yelling out for Sabrina and Mandy, but sadly we found no traces of them anywhere. Worse than that… “Hey, is anyone else feeling that?” Alex asked.
 
We all nodded in agreement at the ground vibrating under our feet, and the virtual-skies seemed a little shaky. “What's going on here…?” Gabi asked.
 
“Whatever it is… I don't think it's anything good.” said Greg.
 
Suddenly, the virtual-intercom began to sound, “Attention… Attention everyone… can you all hear me?” called a voice that we all recognized.
 
“Hey… that's Estevan.” I said.
 
Clover clenched her fists, “Where are you, you little pest!” she growled.
 
“Listen to me… this is very bad. The virtual-worldthat you're all in is about to be destroyed!” cried Estevan. “I set the ship for Self-destruct… and when it explodes, everything will be destroyed. If you don't get out in time, your bodies will be lost, and your minds will be gone forever!
 
We all gasped hard… and so did Sabrina and the evil spirit who heard the message.
 
“Listen to me… I can help you all escape.”
 
Stanley just snorted, “Pah… yeah right… like we'd be stupid enough to trust you again, kid!”
 
Stella agreed with him,”Why don't do us all a favor and just stay out of our way?”
 
As everyone exchanged their comments towards Estevan, I however took the time to use my virtual Millennium-Necklace and look into the future, and that's where I saw everything… “He's not lying!” I said to everyone, “The ship really is going to explode.”
 
Everyone gasped again, “I say… woof-woof… trust him… Arf-Arf!” barked Sam, and soon we all agreed to take Estevan's advice and find the exit.
 
 
The evil spirit however was outraged as Estevan told him, “And as for you, you imposter! You're plan of digitizing the entire world has been shot down.”
 
The spirit growled angrily, “Estevan! How could you betray me! After everything that I did for you as well…” he roared.
 
“Hah! You used me…and everyone around you. You've done nothing but spread evil and chaos and pain to anyone you've ever met. Well now I'm taking my revenge on you. In thirty minutes the ship will explode and destroy you and the world you roam in.”
 
“AAH…!” The evil spirit felt really disturbed.
 
Sabrina got up off her feet and called up, “Estevan, can't you just stop the systems until we can escape safely?”
 
Estevan had gone silent for a moment, “I wish that I could… but the controls have been severed. There's nothing I can do to stop the countdown.”
 
The evil spirit was not going to stand for this, “I refuse to go down… so…” with his mighty roar of anger, he changed his King-Monroe body into a field of evil energy. Sabrina nearly jumped out of her leotard…
 
“Take a good look at me Princess…” he thundered at her, “It shall be the last time you ever see me. NOW YOUR BODY IS MINE…!”
 
Sabrina screamed in fear as she braced for her end, but suddenly at the last few meters, the evil spirit stopped. What was he doing? This wasn't his style… so he quickly reverted back to his Monroe body. “On second thought… I have a better idea!”
 
He proposed a deal with Sabrina; since he usually preferred to take things by utterly crushing his adversaries the terms were set as whoever won the duel would be allowed to leave while the loser got deleted. “Do you agree…?”
 
Sabrina nodded her head, “As much as I dislike you, I agree.” she said. “I may be a little afraid of you, but I'm not going to let you escape to the real world where you can hurt people once again.”
 
“What's this…?” the spirit asked in confusion, “How can you just go from being afraid to sincere at once?”
 
Sabrina then smiled sinisterly, “I may be afraid slightly, but that doesn't mean I can't beat you... and now I'll prove it.”
 
Back to the duel
 
SCORE:(Spirit: 8000/ Sabrina: 5700)
 
Sabrina: “Here goes…”
 
(Draws)
 
“Yes… perfect!”
 
Spirit: “Huh…?”
 
Sabrina: “Get ready you big creep, I'm about to start making my come back at once. I summon CYBERDARK KEEL!!”
 
(Atk: 800/ Def: 800)
 
Spirit: “What's this…? You call that thing perfect? It's nothing but a weakling… It can't possibly destroy any of my monsters.”
 
Sabrina: “That's where you're wrong. See, when Cyberdark-Keel is normal summoned, it gets equipped with one Dragon monster in my graveyard that has 3 stars or less and thanks to your attack last turn, and I can now equip my Keel to my Hunter Dragon, and raise its attack points by Hunter Dragon's attack-power!”
 
Spirit: “Uh…!”
 
(Atk: 800) Becomes (Atk: 2500)
 
“No… you can't do this!”
 
Sabrina: “Oh yes I can… and I'm going to. Cyberdark-Keel, attack his King-Dragon, now!”
 
(Atk: 2500) VS (Atk: 2400)
 
SCORE:(Spirit: 7900/ Sabrina: 5700)
 
Spirit: “No… my King is destroyed!”
 
Sabrina: “And that's not all… when Cyberdark Keel destroys a monster in battle, you lose 300 more life points.”
 
SCORE:(Spirit: 7400/ Sabrina: 5700)
 
Spirit: “Hmm… so you've managed to destroy my king? Very impressive, but you haven't won anything yet…”
 
(Draws)
 
“Remember, I still have more than enough fire power to crush you. Go my Level-8 Dragon. Attack her Cyberdark-Keel!”
 
(Atk: 3000) VS (Atk: 2500)
 
(Hunter Dragon destroyed)
 
SCORE:(Spirit: 7400/ Sabrina: 5200)
 
Sabrina: “Hmm! Sorry, but all you destroyed was the Hunter Dragon he was equipped to.”
 
Spirit: “But you will now… remember, my level-6 Dragon can't be targeted by your Dark Door! So now I'll have it attack your now weak monster. Go!”
 
(Atk: 2300) VS (Atk: 800)
 
SCORE:(Spirit: 7400/ Sabrina: 3700)
 
“Ha, ha, ha… what a shame… you worked so hard to summon that monster. Now you're left wide opened again and fully vulnerable to my remaining monsters.”
 
Sabrina's thoughts: “I hate to admit it, but he has a point. I only took down one of his monsters, but he still has many more of them left and I still can't special summon any of mine.”
 
Spirit: “My turn is complete…but since I don't have another Dragon to summon. I'll pass it over to you.”
 
Sabrina: “Fine by me…”
 
(Draws)
 
“Hmm, mm, mm…”
 
Spirit: “What are you laughing at… tell me!”
 
Sabrina: “Nothing much… just that I'm finally about to break out of this miserable fix you've put me in for so long.”
 
Spirit: “Hah! My three mighty monsters cannot be stopped.”
 
Sabrina: “Oh yes they can… and I'm going to prove it. I summon CYBER GYMNAST!!”
 
(Atk: 800/ Def: 1800)
 
Spirit: “Ah…?! Not Cyber Gymnast?”
 
Sabrina: “Oh yes… and now I'm going use its special ability, by discarded one card to the graveyard… I can destroy one monster on you side of the field, and I choose you Level-8 Dragon!”
 
Spirit: “What… No!”
 
(Horus lv 8, destroyed)
 
Sabrina: “Now that I can use Spells again… I think I'll use this one, MYSTICAL-SPACE TYPHOON! Now your Royal-Decree is History!”
 
(Royal Decree, destroyed)
 
Spirit: “No! That means your Gravity-Bind card resumes it's effect. I can't attack with my monsters anymore.”
 
Sabrina: “What's the matter… you aren't scared are you?”
 
Spirit's thoughts: “I can't let this girl make a fool out of me. I'll still defeat her… claim her body, and then I shall destroy her and everyone else by her side. I WILL SURRIVE!!”
 
TO BE CONTINUED...