Totally Spies Fan Fiction ❯ Yugioh: Dueling Drama Much Final Season ❯ Alex and the Graveyard: Part One ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
 
SCORE: (Grave-Keeper: 8000/ Alex: 8000)
 
As Alex drew her first six cards, she almost dropped some of them while twitching slightly from the spookiness of the graveyard around her. “Of all the places I duel, why'd it have to be a graveyard?” she thought to herself. Her opponent, however, saw this a perfect time to make things even more scary.
 
“Let the scaring commence.” he hissed, “I believe I shall cast some magic onto this field… NECROVALLY!”
 
The field rumbled as cliffs and rocky slopes began to appear all around. Alex didn't feel any better as it made the graveyard seem even more spooky than ever before. To make it worse, Alex knew one of Necrovally's powers-- Spells, traps, and monster-effects couldn't target cards in the graveyard, as well as cards in the graveyard couldn't be removed from play either.
 
Hopefully Alex wouldn't have to do anything like that as often.
 
 
Grave-Keeper: “Now I call forth the creature, GRAVEKEEPER'S ASSAILAINT.”
 
(Atk: 1500)
 
Alex: “A Gravekeeper monster!”
 
Grave-Keeper: “Yes! A Gravekeeper… and further, his attack and defensive forces increase by 500 from the Necrovally magic.
 
(Atk: 1500) becomes (Atk: 2000)
 
Alex: “Man! Talk about cheap!”
 
Grave-Keeper: “Now I shall hide this face-down, and conclude my turn.”
 
 
It was Alex's turn now, but she was already in trouble. None of the monsters in her hand had a chance against that Gravekeeper. She couldn't play defensively for now.
 
 
Alex: “Okay! I'll place one card face-down, and now I summon ALIGATOR'SSWORD in defense-mode.”
 
(Def: 1200)
 
“I'm ready for you now.”
 
Grave-Keeper: “Hah! You are prepared for nothing except the full furry I have to unleash on you.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Mmm…! Now I shall call forth GRAVEKEEPER'S CURSE!”
 
(Atk: 800) becomes (Atk: 1300)
 
 
Alex gasped! That Gravekeeper dealt her 500 points of damage whenever it was summoned. Just like that!
 
SCORE: (Grave-Keeper: 8000/ Alex: 7500)
 
“Ah!” Alex felt as if someone pricked her shoulder with a needle. This reminded her that this was a shadow-game. If she lost… “No… I'm never going back to the Shadow-Realm! Never, Never, NEVER!”
 
 
Grave-Keeper: “Hmm, mm, mm-- perhaps my Assailant will prove to you other wise. Now y Gravekeeper, Attack her Alligator!”
 
As the monster charged Alex noticed her monster began to move and change his position. “What?!” she groaned. “Why did my alligator switch to attack-mode?”
 
(Atk: 2000) VS (Atk: 1500)
 
SCORE: (Grave-Keeper: 8000/ Alex: 7000)
 
Alex winced as more pain shot through her as her energy depleted. “This can't be right!”
 
The Grave-Keeper simply sniggered, and explained that it was his monster's ability. “With the power he gains from Necrovally, when he conducts battle I am able to switch the position of your monster.”
 
Alex felt tricked, but she couldn't argue with that now, because she was wide open for direct attack. “Gravekeeper's Curse, Go!” ordered her opponent, but as the monster got closer. “Nice try… reveal SCAPEGOAT!”
 
Alex had just saved herself by summing four sheep tokens. One of them was destroyed, but she was spared. “Hmm! Your luck holds.” The Grave-Keeper hissed. “I shall end my turn.”
 
Alex wiped her brow, “Whoo…!” she barley spared herself form a load of damage that turn. Still, her sheep tokens wouldn't last much longer. She needed something good now. “Come on deck… show me some love.” she drew her card—IT wasn't quite what she was hoping for, but it would help.
 
 
Alex: “All right, here goes! I'll place one card face-down, and then I'll summon PANTHER WARRIOR!”
 
(Atk: 2000)
 
“And now, I think I'll go ahead and sacrifice a Scapegoat, so I can launch an attack against you. Go Panther! Attack his Gravekeeper's Curse!”
 
(Atk: 2000) VS (Atk: 1300)
 
SCORE: (Grave-Keeper: 7300/ Alex: 7000)
 
Alex: “Ah, yeah! Now we're cookin'.”
 
Grave-Keeper: “Enjoy this victory while you can, my dear, but you still have much to learn about those who look after graves.”
 
(Draws)
 
“I shall call forth a monster to hide for me, and that shall do. You may proceed.”
 
Alex's thoughts: Hey! I think he's starting to crack up. He's probably trying to fake me out because he doesn't have anything that can stand up to me next turn, but just to be safe…”
 
Alex: “My move…!”
 
(Draws)
 
“Not bad. Now I summon LITTLE-WINGAURD, in defense-mode.”
 
(Def: 1800)
 
“Now I sacrifice another Scapegoat, and my Panther Warrior will attack that face-down monster you got. GO!”
 
(Atk: 2000) VS (Def: 2000)
 
Alex: “Hey! It's defense is equal to my attack?”
 
Grave-Keeper: “Hmm, mm-- and that is not all. When my GRAVEKEEPER'S SPY is revealed, I am permitted to call forth one Gravekeeper with an attack force of 1500 or lower directly from my pack, and I choose… GRAVEKEEPER'S PRIESTESS!
 
(Atk: 1000)Becomes (Atk: 1500)
 
Alex: “Uh… am I missing something here? Why would you go to summon that?”
 
 
The Grave-Keeper chuckled and explained that his Priestess had a special-ability that would really put Alex at risk. For one: She also treated the whole field as Necrovally, so even if Alex destroyed the field-spell itself it would do no good, and to make matters worse, while the field-spell and Priestess were both in play together, “All my Gravekeepers attack and defensive forces shall increase by 200.”
 
“Ah!” gasped Alex.
 
(Atk: 2000) Becomes (Atk: 2200)
 
(Atk: 1500) Becomes (Atk: 1700)
 
(Def: 2000) With Necrovally,Becomes (Def: 2700)
 
Alex was in big trouble now. Her opponent already had three monsters in play, and she could barley attack them now, and it was The Grave-Keeper's turn now. He drew his card…
 
 
(Draws)
 
Grave-Keeper: “And now… Allow me to reveal to you a trap known as, RITE OF SPIRIT! This allows me to call forth a Gravekeeper from the dead and return it to life. So I shall revive my GRAVEKEEPER'S CURSE!”
 
(Atk: 800) Becomes (Atk: 1500)
 
Alex: “Hey, wait a sec! I thought Necrovally stopped you from taking monsters from the graveyard.”
 
Grave-Keeper: “This is correct, which is the reason this powerful trap is unaffected by the Magic of Necrovally.”
 
Alex's thoughts: “That's just swell. That means he can special summon his monsters from the graveyard and I still can't!”
 
Grave-Keeper: “Have you forgotten? My Gravekeeper's Curse summoned, and therefore your life force is weakened.”
 
Alex: “RRR…!”
 
SCORE: (Grave-Keeper: 7300/ Alex: 6500)
 
“That really burns!”
 
Grave-Keeper: “Hmm, mm, mm—And it only grows worse for you, for I now call forth GRAVEKEEPER'S SPEAR SOLDIER!”
 
(Atk: 1500) Becomes (Atk: 2200)
 
Alex: “Ah, man… this is SO not good!”
 
 
Alex was really boxed in. Her opponent had five fully powered monsters on his field, and all she had were two monster, one token, and a face down card. “Think fast, Alex.” she muttered.
 
The Grave-Keeper licked his nasty lips, “Now, my dear, I shall destroy you, and I believe I shall start with that pathetic little sheep token of yours.” He mocked. “You remember my Gravekeeper's Assailant's power-- He can change the position of your token, so it poises for attack!”
 
(Atk: 0)
 
With her last Sheep-Token now in attack-mode, Alex's life-points would heavily go down if any attack hit her. “Now, my Assailant…ATTACK!”
 
“Don't think so…!” Alex quickly said. “Activate trap; MAGICAL ARM SHEILD!
 
“Huh…?” The Grave-Keeper gasped.
 
Alex chuckled and explained that her trap allowed her to snatch one of her opponent's monsters and shield her from the attack. “And I think I'll help myself to you spy over there!”
 
“No!” growled the Grave-Keeper, but it was too late. Alex already had snatched it, and not only did the attack fail…
 
(Atk: 2200) VS (Def: 2700)
 
SCORE: (Grave-Keeper: 6800/ Alex: 6500)
 
…but with the Spy's defense at 2700, not a single one of the other Gravekeeper's could get near Alex's monsters. The Grave-Keeper was forced to end his turn. He was feeling outraged, but nonetheless, he was impressed. Usually when he had five Gravekeepers out, his opponents would be begging for mercy.
 
“Your luck will not hold forever my dear.” he said to Alex. “My Gravekeepers are still line dup and ready to continue their onslaught.”
 
Alex hated to admit it, but he was right. She barley escaped that turn, but now she had to find a way to put those monsters out of action. After all, she wouldn't be so lucky next time. She needed something good-- REALLY good!
 
She closed her eyes, and remembered the lesson I taught her, “Trust in the Heart of the Cards. Let them guide you.
 
“I hear ya, Mykan.” Alex thought deeply. “Here goes…!”
 
She gazed at her draw and grinned wickedly. “Oh, boy! Are you in for it now!” she gloated. “I'm goanna introduce you to a spy of my own!”
 
The Grave-Keeper was most confused, so Alex decided to show him. “I sacrifice both my monsters, and I summon this… YELLOW SPY-GIRL!”(Mykan card only)
 
(Atk: 2300)
 
The Grave-Keeper was amazed, “That monster-- it looks exactly like you.”
 
Alex smirked and said, “Just wait until you see what else she can do. See, when she's summoned, I can pay one-half of my life-points…”
 
SCORE: (Grave-Keeper: 5200/ Alex: 3250)
 
She grunted as the energy drained out of her, “Mmm…! But now the sweet deal. I can inflict 200 points of damage to you for every card that's on the field.”
 
The Grave-Keeper felt his energy being zapped out of him as he lost a ton of points.
 
SCORE: (Grave-Keeper: 5200/ Alex: 3250)
 
And Alex still wasn't done yet, “Now that that's all settled-- Go, Yellow-Spy girl, attack his Grave keeper's Priestess!”
 
(Atk: 2300) VS (Atk: 1700)
 
Alex's spy leapt up high in the air and slammed down upon her opponent's monster with a high jump-kick, obligating it in a flash.
 
SCORE: (Grave-Keeper: 4600/ Alex: 3250)
 
 
“All right…!” Alex cheered. Now that the Priestess was gone, all the Grave keepers lost their 200 extra attack and defensive points, which made Alex's Spy the strongest monster in play. She ended her turn by placing two cards face down, and was pretty confident that she was no in control of this duel, but her opponent started to laugh hysterically. “Hey! What's so funny?” snapped Alex.
 
Her opponent just gazed at her and laughed some more before he answered, “You honestly believe you have won, yet you refuse to see what truly is occurring.”
 
He drew his card, “And now you shall see just how evil and dark a graveyard can be. I summon, WITCH OF BLACK ROSE!”
 
(Atk: 1700)
 
Alex gasped the biggest gasped in the duel. “That's-- it's a… Tuner monster.” She stuttered. “But it can't be. We only created those cards in the future.”
 
The Gravekeeper was more than pleased to explain that the Supreme King and his minions had been busy. They had retreated to the future, and stolen the cards that we had all made. Alex could hardly believe it, but one thing she did know-- what was coming now…!
 
“Now, observe…” sneered The Grave-Keeper, “As I, how you say, Tune my Witch to my Grave-Keeper's Spy. Their magical stars combined will allow me to call upon the monster… DARK END DRAGON!”
 
(Atk: 2600/ Def: 2100)
 
Alex couldn't stop gawking. It was there. It was really there! “A Synchro monster!”
 
Not only was this monster even stronger than Alex's Spy girl, she helped design that card and was fully aware of its special ability. “Now, I shall weaken his attack and defensive force by 500…”
 
(Atk: 2600/ Def: 2100) Becomes(Atk: 2100/ Def: 1600)
 
“Now I am able to send one monster you control to the dead… and I choose your Spy!”
 
Alex watched in horror as one of her best monsters of all got axed from the field, just like that! Now all she had left was her one Sheep-Token. But she wouldn't have it for long.
 
“Grave keeper's Spear Soldier, attack her last Scapegoat.” Ordered her opponent, “Oh, and I should mention hat even if you monster is defending, you will still lose much damage.”
 
Alex braced for the impact…
 
(Atk: 2000)Vs (Def: 0)
 
“Ah! Activate Trap!” she cried, “NUTRIENT-Z!”
 
“What is this…?” snarled The Grave-Keeper. Alex activated it just in time. “This card helps me if I'm about to lose 2000 or more life points. First it increases my life points by 4000, then I take the damage.”
 
(Before) SCORE: (Grave-Keeper: 4600/ Alex: 7250)
 
(After) SCORE: (Grave-Keeper: 4600/ Alex: 5250)
 
This didn't matter to the Grave-Keeper, as he still had two other attacks to use. So he sent his Gravekeeper's Curse, and Assailant to attack. Curse was successful,
 
(Atk: 1300)
SCORE: (Grave-Keeper: 4600/ Alex: 3950)
 
But Alex still had another trap to activate, “CONFUSTION CHAFF!”
 
Grave-Keeper grunted, “Not another one?”
 
“Yes, another one!” Alex snapped, and she explained that her trap only worked when her opponent declared a second direct attack. “Now your Assailant's not gonna attack me, but rather the first monster you struck me with!”
 
The Grave-Keeper watched in horror as his Gravekeeper's Assailant attacked, “My Gravekeeper's Curse!”
 
(Atk: 2000) VS (Atk: 1300)
 
SCORE: (Grave-Keeper: 3900/ Alex: 3950)
 
“Whoo!” remarked Alex. “I'm glad I'm out of that.”
 
He opponent waves his finger “You seem to have forgotten about my Dragon. He still has his attack to launch.” He said. “And you won't escape him this time. Attack!”
 
(Atk: 2100)
 
SCORE: (Grave-Keeper: 3900/ Alex: 1850)
 
What did it matter? Alex just barely escaped from that turn. She needed a way to get out of this mess and fast. Her traps wouldn't protect her forever, and she was greatly out matched. Her opponent still had more strong monsters, more life points, the graveyard couldn't be affected, and enough abilities to render her defenses useless.
 
She was shaking in her legs again. The graveyard was starting to get to her again, and her opponent made matters worse. “You are all but out numbered my dear.” He chuckled. “No one escapes the wrath of the graveyard. You are about to fall into your own grave and rot for all time! Heh. heh, ah, ah, ah! Ah, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!”
 
To Be Continued…!