Totally Spies Fan Fiction ❯ Yugioh: Dueling Drama Much Final Season ❯ Ultimate Shadow game: Part Two ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
 
The King was still laughing at Me and Mandy, and demanded that we both make it easier and “Give in while you still can.”
 
“Never!” I shouted. “We may not be working together, but we're both far from beaten!”
 
As much as Mandy hated to agree with me, even for once, she did. She wasn't done yet either. “We'll find a way to crush you yet!” she swore. The King didn't know why he was wasting his time, but decided to enjoy himself nonetheless.
 
SCORE: (King: 8000 VS Mykan: 3200 and Mandy: 3500)
 
It was my move, and I still had a problem. With the Mask of Restrict still out, Mandy and I still couldn't tribute any monsters, not to mention the Ape king still had one other special ability to use. I just hoped that I could destroy it, because I only had one shot at this.
 
I drew my next card.
 
 
Mykan: “Now then… MAGICIAN'S VALKYRIA! I summon you.”
 
(Atk: 1600)
 
King: “Oh, how sweet. Sending a female to do the work of men. You certainly must be desperate.”
 
Mykan: “Far from it actually! Because I also activate my face-down trap. CURSE OF AGING! “All I have to do is discard one card from my hand to the graveyard, and then you Zeman will lose 500 of his attack strength for the rest of the turn.”
 
(Atk: 2500) Becomes (Atk: 2000)
 
King: “An Admirable try my friend, but I fear you are a bigger fool than ever. My monster may have been weakened, but it is still far greater than your creature.”
 
Mykan: “Not quite it isn't! Because I also grant it this spell… RUSH RECKLESSLY!”
 
King: “No! That increases the attack-force of your creature by 700!”
 
(Atk: 1600) Becomes (Atk: 2300)
 
Mykan: “Valkyira! Attack The Ape king, now!”
 
 
Sadly, my fear was proven right. My attack didn't make it. The one card The King held in his hand was a monster, and all he had to do was send it to the graveyard and his Ape King negated my attack. “Not good enough, boy.” He mocked at me while laughing.
 
Mandy rolled her eyes and almost wanted to insult me again, but she had to focus. After I placed on card face down, it was her move. She drew her card and though things over carefully now.
 
The Ape's attack went back to 2500, and the King had no monsters in his hand, so he probably wouldn't be able to defend it again. The problem is, she still didn't have anything strong enough to attack it with, and she still couldn't sacrifice any monsters to summon the card she drew,
 
“My Blue Eyes white Dragon!” she silently thought. “But I can't summon it. I'd have to sacrifice two monsters, and I can't do that with the mask in play.”
 
She kept gazing at the monsters the King had out, and then what she had on the field. Then she wondered something. “Alright…!” she snapped. “This is it! I activate the spell card SHRINK!And it'll cut your overgrown gorilla's attack points in half.”
 
(Atk: 2500) Becomes (Atk: 1250)
 
The King growled, and then braced himself as Mandy ordered her Vorse Raider to attack! “Go!” But even though The King had no cards in his hand, he still had a nasty way to protect himself. Mandy's attack did collide with the Ape King, but it wasn't destroyed!
 
“Hey!” Mandy snapped. “What's going on? That monster should be dust by now.”
 
The King sniggered, and waved his finger back and forth. “You honestly thought that I would let myself be take in by such force?” he asked rhetorically. It turned out that the monster he discarded to protect Zeman was SHEILD WARRIOR!The King simply removed it from the graveyard to prevent any of his monsters from being destroyed in battle.
 
Still… he did take damage…
 
(Atk: 1900) VS (Atk: 1250)
 
SCORE: (King: 7350 VS Mykan: 3200 and Mandy: 3500)
 
But it didn't matter much to him. He still had way more life points than Mandy and I did, and he still had stronger monsters, and now it was his turn. He drew his card. “Wonderful…” he thought. “The more that I continue to gain creatures, the easier it will be for me to send these two out of my misery for good, and then nothing will stop me from obtaining true power.”
 
 
King: “Now, prepare yourselves. For I am about to rid the field of all your monsters for good! But first I shall position my Fairy Dragon for battle.”
 
(Atk: 2100)
 
“Now my dragon, I commander you-- Destroy Magician's Valkirya!”
 
(Atk: 2100) VS (Atk: 1600)
 
Mykan: “AA-AAH!”
 
SCORE: (King: 7350 VS Mykan: 2700 and Mandy: 3500)
 
King: “Now Zeman… destroy Vorse Raider!”
 
(Atk: 2500) VS (Atk: 1900)
 
Mandy: “GRR! ARGH!”
 
SCORE: (King: 7350 VS Mykan: 2700 and Mandy: 2900)
 
 
Mandy and I were in big trouble now. We had no monsters on the field to protect us, and even if we had any, The King's monsters were still to strong for us to handle, and the Mask of restrict kept our strong monsters in the dark.
 
It was my turn, still, and I drew hoping for something good. My Card Destruction?!” I thought to myself. That didn't seem to be of any use at all, and for several reasons…
 
One of which: I couldn't tell if The King was holding a monster in his hand. If he was he would just discard it if we tried to attack his Zeman.
 
Also: Since Card Destruction forced all the players to discard their entire hands, what if I ruined any plan that Mandy could've had if she was force to discard her hand too?
 
What was I going to do? What could I do?
 
Mandy also noticed I was hesitating. As much as she liked seeing me sweat, she couldn't gloat over this, but she did have an idea of what she could do to help me… for once. She would never forgive herself for this, though…
 
“Well… what are you waiting for!” she snapped at me. “Don't tell me your going to pass again. I thought you were a better man, now I see I was scared over nothing.”
 
I gazed up and looked at her with a raised eyebrow, and she continued to badger me with more rudeness. “Honestly, Mykan! You, the greatest duelist, and yet you're too scared to make a move, no matter what the outcome. Even if it will HELP… us both…”
 
I gazed back at my hand, and then gazed over to Mandy again. It almost sounded as if she were-- It was just that. She had a plan one that required me to set in motion. I nodded at her…
 
“All right, I now activate the spell… CARD DESTRUCTION!”
 
“WHAT…?!” snapped the King. “That magic… it means that--”
 
I assured him that he was right. All three of us were forced to discard all the cards we held and then replenish our hands by drawing the same number of cards we had.
 
I drew three cards. Mandy drew five, and The King could only draw one. Mandy and I also could guess by the shuddered expression on the King's face that the only card he was holding wouldn't help him.
 
On the other hand, Mandy and I both got what we needed, and it was still my turn. It was time to turn the tables on this duel! “Now I activate the spell… STAR BLAST!” I shouted. “With this card I can reduce a certain number stars of any monster in my hand, provided of course that I pay 500 life points for each.”
 
So what I did was, I paid 1500 points…
 
SCORE: (King: 7350 VS Mykan: 1200 and Mandy: 2900)
 
That changed a seven star monster I was holding, into a four star monster. “Which means, I no longer have to sacrifice any monster in order to summon… THE DARK MAGICIAN!”
 
(Atk: 2500)
 
“No! This cannot be!” snapped The King. “He managed to summon one of his most powerful monsters… and my Mask Of Restrict could not stop him!”
 
My eyes had that glow. “And now that my Magician is hear… your Ape King is about to be destroyed!” I declared. The King couldn't understand what I was thinking, for both our monsters had equal attack-power, yet when my Magician attacked… it worked! Only Zeman was destroyed.
 
The King was most surprised, and couldn't understand it in the least… until I explained to him that his monster was weaker than mine. “You see… when I used my Curse of Aging trap to weaken your monster earlier I was forced to send one card in my hand to the graveyard, ARCHFIEND OF GILFER!This allowed me to use its special ability; allowing me to select any one of your monster's and weaken it's attack by 500.”
 
(Atk: 2500) VS (Atk: 2000)
 
SCORE: (King: 6850 VS Mykan: 1200 and Mandy: 2900)
 
“Your Ape King has fallen.” I sneered at The King. “And now it's Mandy's turn.”
 
The King clenched his fists angrily as he watched Mandy draw her card. “So you managed to summon one strong monster.” he hissed. “It matters not… you won't defeat me with it!”
 
Mandy gazed down at the card she drew. “Show's what you know.” she mocked. “We have one strong monster, and now we're gonna get another.”
 
The King raised an eyebrow and declared, “You cannot! You have no creatures to sacrifice, and you are not permitted to sacrifice at all mind you.”
 
That was exactly the point Mandy was trying to make. “Who says I need to sacrifice anything. All I need to do is activate this card, MONSTER REBORN!So now I can revive one monster from any graveyard, and I choose to revive my BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON!”
 
(Atk: 3000)
 
The dragon roared loudly, and The King was at a loss for words. Now Mandy and I both had two strong monsters on the field, and his Ancient Fairy Dragon was powerless to stop us now. “Blue Eyes White Dragon—Attack Ancient Fairy Dragon with WHITE LIGHTNING!”
 
(Atk: 3000) VS (Atk: 2100)
 
The King was knocked hard off his feet at the collision of the blast.
 
SCORE: (King: 5950 VS Mykan: 1200 and Mandy: 2900)
 
Mandy and I had finally managed to over-power his monsters, and leave him wide open. Still… this duel was far from over.
 
To Be Continued