Transformers Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Everstin Chronicles ❯ Refuge to Trium ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4

I yawned. "Master, can we cut this, I learned this already."

"Yes, my child, but your peer has not."

I looked over at Jessi. The kid was definitely not cut out for battle.

"Master, I just can't do this," she said. "I'm a girl. Martial arts and war and all this stuff isn't supposed to be for me."

"Miss Raptor is female as well," he replied.

"Yea, well she's a dike."

I growled at her.

Our Master gave an aggravated sigh. "Very well, maybe a demonstration would be easier for you. It'll maybe wake up that spirit and will inside you to use you ki."

"I doubt it."

"Rip, if you please."

I stood up. "Hell yea, bring it on. I've been waiting to take you at full strength for a long time, Master."

He smiled and nodded in responds. This was going to be good. Maybe this yuppie want to be will show me some respect after she sees what I'm capable of.

We made our way to the middle court. I did a few stretches with him and then we gave each other our bows. Just seconds we were on each other in a flash. Fists flying, legs swiping. It was pure enjoyable fury.

Oof! I fell on my hands and toes. Shimatta! He was coming after me, a final blow; I could tell. Think fast! He got close enough to wear and stood quickly on my hands and caught him around his neck with my ankles. I swung him down. I had him locked and trapped. On twist of my ankles and I could break his neck. I decided that wasn't the greatest idea.

I jumped back from him. He rubbed the back of his neck. "That's something I haven't taught you," he said. "Where did you learn that one M'Lady?"

"Don't know," I replied. "It was sort of just one of those split second reactions. I think I'll use that more often though."

"Not too often, keep the element of surprise."

"Yes, Master, of course." I went to sit back down. My teammate was almost frozen in awe. "Yea, Jess, come out of la la land will ya?"

"How can you do that?"

"I am supposed to be the perfect soldier," I replied.

"For that to happen you must not feel emotion when you kill someone," my Master said. "Or hesitate to kill some one, like you did just now."

"Nani?"

"I saw it in your eyes, young one," he replied. "You knew you could kill me easily at that moment, but refused. The perfect soldier wouldn't have hesitated a second, nor would she feel emotion after she has killed her opponent."

"But that's not even being mortal any more," Jessi said. "It's almost like you are trying to turn her into a weapon."

"That's exactly what they attend on making me," I replied.

"And you're not upset because of that?"

I looked up. "I was, at one point," I said. "Then it occurred to me how much I enjoy the thrill of a fight. I realized it was no use resisting their plan for me. I have no family and no friends, I just assume be a weapon. At least I am useful, right? I don't think about it anymore. Would I change my life given the chance? No, I wouldn't. Would I give anything to know what the future brings for me? Yes, I would."

"I think that's enough for today, ladies," Master said. "You two go rest."

I nodded and we both walked out.

"Hey, Rip," Jessi said. "I'm really sorry. I didn't kn..."

"Save it," I cut her off. "I don't want your pity. It only makes a person weak."

"But, Rip, you... don't mind them using you like this?" she questioned.

I stopped and looked at her. "What choice do I have?" I asked her. "If I quit now, where do I go?"

"Go back to your family, Rip," she said. "To the people that miss and love you."

"My family?" I questioned. "What family? My mother is dead, my father is a drunken who used to beat me, my sister is a pregnant teen living in a trailer house with her boyfriend, and I don't even want to think of how my brother is now." I looked away.

"Didn't you have any friends?"

"One," I replied. "Who knows how he turned out as well. I'm better off here, Jessi. Here nothing can touch me. I don't have to deal with society rules. Here it's just live or die rules. I'd rather live like that."

She remained silent.

"I'm going to bed," I said. "My body feels like it's about to collapse. I think I put out too much on that last spar I had."

I left her.

"Rip, Rip, Rip, wakeup!"

"Nani?" I questioned. "Jessi, why on Yaweh's name are you getting me up at 2 am in the mourning."

"We have to go!"

"What, where, why?"

"I don't know," she said. "Lieutenant Leo said we have to get on the ship leaving for Trium, now!"

Trium?

I asked no questions. I quickly dressed and followed her out the building. There was a ship waiting there for us. We were quickly escorted us on it and the ship emdentily took flight.

"What's going on?" I questioned.

"The Yeerk, forces got a sneak attack on us," our pilot said. "There's little time left before it's all gone."

"Before what's all...."

BOOOM!

Before my sentenced was finished it came. I snapped my head around, only so see Everstine blown to pieces.

"No!" I heard Jessi scream. She suddenly broke down into tears. I didn't cry. I don't why I didn't, maybe I couldn't. I just remember that I didn't.

I watched the several refugee ships head towards the planet Trium, along with mine, I just prayed that my sister and brother were on one of those ships. ....... and Copper too.

We landed at the planet. Trium was a colony of Everstines and our transformer creations. Half the side was for Everstines and the other's for our creations.

We were among crowds of people. There were all in tears. Emotions were tackling you from left to right. Why wouldn't it? Our home had just been destroy after all.

"Stay here," our escort said. "I will check us in. Don't go anywhere." He left us. Jessi was shaking and in tears. She had no one to comfort her. Welcome to my world, kiddo.

I looked our only with my eyes. Maybe for some hope to see my family and friend.

"Sindel!" My ears twitched at the sound. Only one person called be by my first name.

I turned my head. She game to me and wrapped her arms around me. "I was so, scared you didn't make it."

"I'm fine, Kerry," I told me sister. "The service took care of me."

She came from me. She was surprised on how emotionless my face was. "What did they do to you?"

"Feed me," I replied. "Gave me a bed, and trained me."

"Train you, for what?"

"Is Streaks with you?" I asked.

"He's in the inventory," she replied. I had dodged her question and she knew it. She wasn't going to let it go though. "He'll be fine though. Minor scraps and bruises is all he got. But, Sindel, what went on in that base?"

"I told you," I replied.

"Rip, over there," Jessi said, pointing.

I glared over. It was some idiot taking this as an advantage and making trouble already. No one seemed to be doing anything about it. "And?" I questioned. "What do you want me to do about it?"

"Do something," she said. "You know how to deal with guys like that."

"So do you," I said. 'You've received the same treatment as I have."

"Yea, but our escort told us to stay here," she replied. "If I go, they'll keep me locked up for a few days. If you do something, they can't do anything about it."

"Sindel, what is she talking about."

"Excuse me," I said. I walked over to the punk. He was pushing around some kid. "Hey, man, have a little dignetity," I said. "Leave the kid alone, the planet just blew up for Yaweh's sake."

He turned to glare at me. "Beat it kid," he told me. "I've had enough crap today. If you don't leave, I'll show you, like this twerp what it's like to mess with me."

I shook my head. "You know you really shouldn't be picking on some scrawny little kid. He's so much weaker and defenseless. How would you like it if someone stronger than you gave you a hook in the gut."

He laughed. "Gimme, a break kid. What you think, you're tough enough to even pinch me."

"You need more than a pinch, sir," I replied. "Now, I'll tell you one last time, leave the kid alone."

"Beat it."

"Your choice," I sighed. In a flash my feet left the ground and my fist flung, right into his gut. I saw the blood fling from his mouth the split second before my blow sent him into the wall. "Oops," I said. "I think I over did myself."

Some one grabbed my arm. It was my escort. He had Jessi in the other hand. "I told you to stay put girl! Now, c'mon! Before you attract any more attention." He yanked on me.

"Hey, you, don't handle her like that!" Kerry yelled. She pulled on the guy's shirt.

In an instant he let go of Jessi's arm, flung around and caught my sister in the jaw. It caused her to fall. "Don't interfere!"

"Kerry!" I yelled. "Rraa!" I grabbed my escort's arm and flung him over my shoulder. I was on him in a flash. I flung five or six blows in his face. Then I grabbed him by the shirt collar and lifted him up to my face. "Don't you or any of your buddies EVER touch my sister, or my brother or any of the other people I care about. If you do, I will kill you. That's not a threat either, that's a promise."

He was too shocked to reply. I tossed him back down and stood up. I went to my sister and helped her up. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yea," she replied. "Sindel.... how'd you?"

I sighed. "My training," I replied. "I am the perfect weapon."

"Not quite."

I turned around. Leo, he stood there. Jessi cowered behind him. "Sure, Ms. Raptor, you do have the strength to and speed to make one. However, a weapon has no emotions. That's what we have to work on, right."

"Hai," I nodded. "Good bye, again, sister." I went with Jessi.

No emotions, huh? If they kept me isolated like they had before. I would accomplish that task in no time.