Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Transformers: Lost Universe ❯ Tridimus Prime ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transformers: Lost Universe

Chapter 1: Tridimus Prime

The renewal of the Cybertonian wars was, for all of us, a nightmare. Galvatron attacked without warning and destroyed many of our warriors in the first skirmish. Back then I was known as Tridur. Galvatron's attacks eventually tapered off and allowed us to rebuild somewhat. There weren't many of us who survived the initial attacks. Optimus, Rodimus, Grimlock, Arcee, a few others, and I escaped death during that time; many good Autobots died at Galvatron's hands. Eventually both Optimus and Rodimus succumbed to Galvatron's wrath. For several years Arcee carried the Matrix as Rodimus wished with his last breath, I never left her side after that. My constant vigil was not just to protect the Matrix but to protect Arcee as well. The Matrix came into my possession when Arcee was badly wounded; I can remember that time quite well.

"Give me the Matrix, dammit!" Galvatron screamed through me at Arcee. "You know that if you don't I'll pry it from your dead hands!" I leveled my weapon and squeezed the trigger.

"You'll never get the Matrix from Arcee while I still live!" As I yelled my blaster launched a single yellow bolt of energy, my aim was true as it hit Galvatron in the shoulder.

"Blasted fool," He leveled his arm cannon at me, "take this!" He fired and I jumped to the side pulling Arcee with me.

"Tridur!" Arcee's scream was full of pain; I knew what had happened. "My arm!" I quickly gathered her into my arms and looked over the building remains that we were behind. "It hurts so much…" Seeing that Galvatron was preoccupied with his damaged shoulder, I looked at Arcee.

"In the name of…" I couldn't finish my sentence with the site I saw, her arm had been completely destroyed in the blast. "No, he will pay for this!" My rage swarmed the hatred for Galvatron's killings of my friends reached a peak.

"The… the Matrix…" Arcee turned my head away from the battlefield. "T-take the Matrix… Tridur…" She opened the compartment in her chest and revealed the Autobot Matrix of Leadership, all my hatred suddenly vanished as I looked upon what I was to carry. I helped Arcee remove the Matrix from her body and then carefully leaned her against the building. "You're the one Tridur, you will lead us to victory against Galvatron…" As Arcee's words hit home I knew what I must do. Grasping the handles of the Matrix's shell I opened it. The wisdom of the Matrix filled my mind and soul, changes began to take place in my body as the Matrix reformed me to who I am today. Arcee watched as Tridur died and Tridimus Prime was born.

"No! I-it cannot be!" Galvatron's voice penetrated the air as I closed the Matrix shell. "You opened the Matrix!" He leveled his arm cannon and fired, but I was faster. In one swift movement my blaster was leveled and fired, the energy bolt entered the barrel of Galvatron's arm cannon and caused it to explode. "Arrggh!" He took several steps back and then collapsed, cradling his damaged arm. My mind suddenly went to Arcee. I picked her up and ran back to our base.

Upon returning I found JetFire and several others preparing the escape ship, as we had planned.

"JetFire!" I yelled as I neared my destination, my friend looked up and saw my sickly burden

"Everyone, we leave now!" He chased all the stragglers into the ship as I reached it. "Tridur… you…" I handed Arcee to him.

"Yes, now get in!" I entered the ship and JetFire closed the door. "Wheels, set a course for the Junkion homeworld!"

"Course set, lift off will be in thirty seconds." The ship lurched into the air as the Decepticons began to attack our stronghold.

"The Decepticons have broken through defense barriers one through three, four will be breached in one minute." Lifter reported the status of our old home.

"Pah, they won't breach the fifth one," Trounce holds up a small control and presses the lone button on it, "this will make sure of it." Our old stronghold burst into a giant fireball as the explosive trap we set was tripped. We all hoped that Galvatron died in the blast. JetFire and RQ tended to Arcee. Her condition was horrible.

"Geeze, how the hell did this happen?" RQ's voice soothed the tension in the room as she began to patch up Arcee.

"Galvatron…" RQ held up her hand informing me that I need not say anymore.

"I understand Trid, especially now you are a Prime." RQ missed nothing; she noticed the changes in me as soon as I had entered our ship. "Arcee should've never keep the Matrix as long as she did. If Rodimus would've trusted you with it we wouldn't be running." RQ sighed and returned to her patient. I sat in the command chair and looked out the forward windows, for a long time I went through the wisdom the matrix contained. Eventually JetFire set his hand on my shoulder informing me that the Junkions were ready to receive us. Wheels set the ship down with expert skill; I commended her for it when we disembarked. Wreak-Gar met us on the pad.

"Tridus, it is good to see you again!" I noticed that the television references had left his speech as he clasped my arm. "I heard what happened to Optimus and Rodimus…" He looked away for a moment.

"It is good to see you too Wreak-Gar, walk with me." We took leave of the others as the wounded onboard were taken to the Junkion repair facilities. "You undoubtedly know that the Matrix was given to Arcee also."

"Yes," He stops, "what are you getting at Tridimus Prime?" The look on my face changed. "You're surprised, put more faith in me Prime." He continues walking. "Mind you that you are not the first Prime that I have ever met, Rodimus was the first. Besides, I saw that Arcee had lost her arm and you being her body guard was the only likely choice to accept the Matrix." Wreak-Gar's attentiveness surprised me slightly. "The Matrix knows who the next leader will be, it always knows, even before that leader has been created. The Autobot Matrix of Leadership is an odd thing, mind you, it contains the wisdom of all the Primes before you. Optimus, Rodimus, both are in there if you look hard enough."

"Tridimus!" RQ runs to meet us. "Tridimus, Arcee has taken a turn for the worst, come quickly!" She transforms into her familiar Ambulance form and heads off. Wreak-Gar's face held sympathy for me as I transformed and followed RQ.

Within the Junkion repair facility my fellow Autobots stood outside the room Arcee was in, their faces were willed with sadness.

"It doesn't look good for her Tridimus, the Junkions have done all that they can do." Harley hit the door open switch as he finished. As I entered I could see Arcee lying the repair bed, the scorch marks from the blast cleaned off her body. The Junkion looked at me and then left the room, sympathy filled her face.

"Tridimus…" Arcee's voice was barely a whisper. "Tridimus, are you there?" I took her hand.

"Yes, I am here, I won't leave you." As I answered I began to search the Matrix's wisdom so I could help Arcee.

"Tridimus… lead our people into the future, destroy Galvatron and free Cybertron…" Her strength was dissipating faster than I could search the Matrix wisdom. "Th-the Matrix will show you how…" I could feel her grip loosening and knew I was loosing her.

"No! Arcee, don't leave me!" I searched franticly through the collective wisdom contained within the Matrix as I watched the one I guarded, no, the one I loved slipping away from me. "The Matrix, it has to hold a way to keep you alive!" I realized that her strength was so low that she could not answer me. Then my searching became faster somehow.

Concentrate on what you are looking for; use the power that the Matrix has! A voice thundered in my thoughts.

"Optimus…" My mind stopped as I realized something, the Matrix was the key! I quickly pulled the Matrix from myself and opened it allowing the wisdom to penetrate my being. I continued my search at a much faster rate. "Don't leave me while I do this, Arcee!" As I finished I realized something, something that was hidden deep within the Matrix. Wisdom that had never been used, wisdom from the first Prime! I caught the wisdom in my mind and assimilated it. I realized the true power of the Matrix for but a moment. In that one moment I saw Arcee change forever.

"Tridimus!" Arcee sat up screaming as the Matrix closed itself. I quickly replaced the Matrix and grabbed Arcee, comforting her.

"Shhhh… It's all right, I'm here and I'm not going to leave you." I held Arcee tightly, calming her down immensely. As I sat and held her I realized that in the instant I found the true power of the Matrix I had also lost it once more.

"What the hell happened in here!" RQ burst into the room and then notices Arcee. "What in Cybertron…" I continued to hold Arcee as I looked deeply into RQ's eyes, she seemed to understand that I did not know what had happened. Wreak-Gar pushes RQ aside and enters; the sorrow that was on his face is now happiness.

"I believe that Arcee will pull through this." He turns to RQ. "We can rebuild her much easier than you could so I believe that she is now in our care." RQ grunts then leaves. Wreak-Gar turns toward me and smiles. "As I stated before, the Matrix is a curious object."

Arcee was rebuilt by the Junkions to her specifications, I thought she looked better than ever when all was said and done. Arcee was rebuilt into a sports car, white with pink trim. We were together all the time after she was rebuilt. About three months after we landed on the Junkion planet we said our farewells and left. Our ranks had grown considerably during those three months. I had found that within the Matrix the sparks of deceased Autobots were hidden. Using the sparks I gave life to the bodies that the Junkions built. The new Autobots were called the Spark Masters because each of them was given life by the spark of a great Autobot. Of the Spark Masters was my second in command, Slipstream. Slipstream had the spark of my mentor, Ultra Magnus. Slipstream proved himself to be cunning and quick-witted during every training exercise and therefore seemed perfect for the job. All things ran smoothly on our ship for several weeks, and then Galvatron found us.

"Tridimus, I've got an odd blip on my screens." Wheels taps a few commands into her console. "It's a ship by my guess… a type that I've never seen." She swivels her chair around to face me.

"Do we have a visual on it?" Wheels turned and tapped another series of commands causing the forward viewscreen to come to live. A small fist sized object was centered in the picture. "Magnify." The picture enlarged and caused everyone in the room to gasp.

"It's…" Slipstream starts.

"…the Decepticons." Arcee finished his sentence.

"All hands to battle stations!" I roared. "This is not a drill, a Decepticon heavy cruiser is on our tail and bearing down fast, I repeat this is not a drill!" On the bridge my officers scurried every where, the drills that we had gone through had readied them for this moment.

"Tridimus…" Arcee needed not to finish her sentence; I knew what she was thinking because it was the same thing going through my mind. Without warning I found my face connecting with the deck.

"Engine one has gone down, we're loosing speed!" Slipstream yelled over the emergency klaxons as Autobots all over the room got to their knees. "They're powering up for another…" The deck once more met my face. "The Decepticons are boarding us!" Slipstream franticly looks at me.

"Intruder alert!" I bellowed. "The Decepticons are boarding us!" Just as I finished the ceiling was blown out, I heard Arcee scream.

"Heh, heh, heh, It looks like you're loosing Tridimus." Galvatron held his hand over Arcee's mouth. "You knew I would find you, it was only a matter of time." Out of the corner of my eye I saw Wheels move.

"Wheels, no!" I shouted but was too late, Galvatron had already blasted my pilot across the room where she lay in two pieces. "You…" My rage once again flowed through me like it did when Arcee almost died.

"Self-defense Tridimus, self-defense." He looks around the bridge. "Nice little ship I must say, must have took you a long time to build it." With great joy Galvatron threw Arcee into a bulkhead as hard as he could, knocking her unconscious. "I see that an Autobot can't penetrate it. Gwa ha, ha, ha!" His laughter mocked me, the rage that I contained for so long peaked and caused me to move.

"One shall stand, one shall fall!" I roared as I tackled the Decepticon leader. Optimus' voice echoed those words in my head as my struggle began.

"Fool! Optimus used those words and died at the hand of Megatron!" Galvatron head-butted me. "I shall crush you as Megatron crushed Optimus Prime!" A loud clang pierced the air.

"And you'll die trying, just like Megatron!" Slipstream swung the metal beam toward Galvatron once more.

"No!" Galvatron shot toward Slipstream only to miss. "Magnus is dead, I killed him with my own hands!" Slipstream shoves the beam into Galvatron's arm cannon.

"An I live because of his spark!" My young second-in-command bellowed. "And you will pay for killing those you did!" Slipstream raises his weapon only to be hit from behind.

"Lord Galvatron, we must retreat!" A new Decepticon appeared as I leveled my blaster at Galvatron and fired, the blast struck him in the center of his chest. "No! Lord Galvatron!" The newcomer yelled. Several more Decepticons entered the bridge through the hole in the ceiling.

"Take your fallen leader and get out of here!" My rage tamed as the other Autobots leveled their weapons. "Turn your ship around and return to Cybertron. I never want to see you again."

"Very well murderer," The newcomer stares at me as his comrades lift their leader, "you haven't heard the end of the Decepticons. I, Warcon, will make sure of it." The climb through the hole and leave, emergency force fields engage to prevent the vacuum of space from entering the ship. I hurried to Wheels. "Wheels, speak to me!" For several very long seconds not a word came from Wheels as I held her torso.

"Trid… is it bad?" Of all the qualities that I admired in Wheels she had to use the one I admired most. I sat in stone silence and then finally spoke.

"Yes, it is." I lowered my head.

"Heh, shoulda figured that." She stares up at me; the pain is visible in her eyes. "I can't feel my legs…"

"Don't worry, things will work out just fine." I took her hand in mine and rubbed it with my thumb. "RQ can patch you up." I had tried to soother her, unfortunately my eyes betrayed my feelings and she noticed.

"Trid… don't let me die alone…" He face gained a blank expression and I knew that it was all over. I slowly placed Wheels' body on the deck and began to cry. The sorrow was apparent on the entire bridge, as there was not a single Autobot who had not felt something as a result of Wheels' death. I stood with my head down and removed the matrix from my chest. I kneeled again, removed Wheels' spark and placed it within the Matrix. As I replaced the Matrix I saw that Slipstream was tending to Arcee, he looks up.

"She died nobly, Tridimus, that's the way she would have wanted to go." Slipstream stands and helps the others carry Wheels' body to the Repair Bay.

"She will be remembered as a great hero." I knelt and picked up Arcee then followed the others to the Repair Bay.