Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Transformers: Lost Universe ❯ The Fallen Will Live On ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: The Fallen Will Live on

"Tridimus, are you sure you want me to do this?" RQ stands over the broken remains of Wheels. "What is everyone going to say?" Tridimus Prime stands on the other side of the repair table and holds a spark.

"RQ, we can't let her fade away like this, she was a great warrior."

"I know that Prime, it's just that I don't feel comfortable doing this." RQ tosses a spanner onto a small tool tray. "How would you feel putting the empty shell of your friend back together knowing that you will never be with her again?"

"I know you two were close but…"

"Close? Dammit Prime, you don't even know the kind of relationship Wheels and I had!" Tridimus cringes at RQ's fury. "You know damn well that if I put her body back together without her soul I wouldn't be able to take it!" She paces the room. "Why the hell couldn't the Matrix keep her alive like it did Arcee?"

"I lost the knowledge." RQ stops and faces Tridimus.

"How in the hell can you do that!?" She shakes her head. "Aw hell forget it, I'm just blowing my top." She squeezes her temples. "I'll rebuild her, but I'm not gonna do an exact. There will be differences!"

"I expected nothing less RQ," He places his arm around her, "we all have been through too much during this war, you most of all." RQ nods then breaks into tears. Tridimus hugs her tightly.

In another section of the ship, Slipstream helps Lifter patch the last of the boarding holes the Decepticons made.

"Geeze, I feel sorry for Tridimus." Slipstream bolts the metal patch to the bulkhead. "I mean loosing Wheels like that, she was like a sister to him." Lifter grabs an acetylene torch and seals the edges.

"That's because she was his sister." He stops and lifts the face shield. "You should've seen them back on Cybertron…" he trails away remembering.

"Wish I could've seen Cybertron." Slipstream grabs a second torch and starts working on the other side. "I've heard so much about it since my activation."

"Don't worry lad, you'll see it soon enough."

Arcee sits in her quarters and looks over the casualty lists, she curses softly as she reads the last name.

"I was just beginning to enjoy the quiet too… damn Decepticons." Arcee begins to write a report for Tridimus when the door chime rings. "Who could it be, ENTER!" The doors part and reveal Double and Trouble.

"Arcee, we were wonderin'…"

"…if we could talk with you." Arcee motions for the two to sit.

"What do you two want to talk about?"

"Wheels…" Double looks at Trouble.

"If you're willing to."

"Sure."

Several light-years away, the Decepticons are in an uproar over Galvatron's condition.

"I be leader, I strongest here!" Warmonger beats his hand on his chest.

"No you fool," "We should be leader!" "We are the smartest!" Dual's heads give Warmonger the evil eye.

"Shut up, all of you!" Warcon slugs Warmonger. "Galvatron is not dead!"

"How you know?" Warmonger quizzically tips his head. "Gal'tron leading now?" Warcon slugs Warmonger again.

"No you idiot, his life signs are still there." Warcon paces the floor. "I tried to speak with Galvatron but he could not answer. I say that we make Prime pay for what he has done!"

"Yes, it is a good idea." "But how do we do it?" Dual shakes his heads. "Prime told us to return to Cybertron." "We are well on our way home now." He sits on the nearest chair. "Wait." "Where is Decibel?"

"Ah, so you finally noticed that he was gone, how very observant of you." Warcon presses a button next to a large display panel, an image of the Ark's interior appears. "What you are seeing now is what Infiltrator is seeing, a subspace link allows us to see it all in real time."

"Uh… what subspace?" Dual hits Warmonger.

"You stupid fool!" "That doesn't matter now!"

"But Warmonger just wanted to know what a subspace is." He ducks as both Warcon and Dual attempt to slug him. "Ok, ok, sorry."

"And you wanted to be leader?" Warcon shakes his head.

Onboard the Ark Decibel sits hidden on the bridge transmitting every action.

"How far are we from Indus Algeron 1?" Tridimus sits in his command chair.

"Roughly seven light-years." Slipstream occupies the pilot's seat.

"Roughly seven hours then." A door on the side of the bridge opens and a familiar looking Autobot walks in. "I'll be in my quarters until then, page me when we arrive." As Tridimus stands the Autobot, that just entered, stops.

"Ah… excuse me sir." She stutters slightly

"Yes, what is it?" Tridimus turns to her.

"RQ told me to come her and report to you." She nervously answers. "Can I uh… speak to you in private sir?" Tridimus looks at the face of the young Autobot and realizes something.

"Sure, this way." He leads her into his ready room. "Now," Tridimus sits behind a desk, "what is it that you wish to speak about?"

"Umm… everyone has ah… been looking at me funny and um… calling me Wheels, sir." She wrings her hands. "It's all very unsettling."

"Hmm… I guess I understand what is going on here."

"You do!" She hops to her feet and then quickly sits back down. "I mean, you do?"

"Yes, but before I explain can you tell me your name?"

"Blaze, sir."

"Blaze… a fitting name for you." Tridimus stands and walks to the window he then turns back to Blaze. "Blaze, this will all be quite shocking to you when I am finished." He pauses. "Did RQ explain the Spark Masters to you?" Blaze nods. "Well what would you say if I told you that you are one of them?"

"I-I don't really know, sir." She looks at her hands. "I guess I would probably want to know whose spark gives me life." Tridimus nods.

"Exactly what I would expect form such a bright young transformer such as yourself."

"Thank you, sir."

"Yes." Tridimus bows slightly. "So now I suppose I should tell you whose spark you hold. You hold the spark of a good Autobot who died in the last Decepticon attack. She was the best pilot of the Ark and a very good warrior." He pauses. "She was also my sister."

"Then, I must be very lucky then."

"Yes. Blaze, you hold Wheels' spark and your body was hers, only rebuilt.