Trigun Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku's day as a woman ❯ Promises are hard to keep...Damn hard!!! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Miroku and his large chest heaved as he slammed against the wall by his friends. It took a lot out of him to run with these shoes on.


"Kagome...why did you leave me there with them?" miroku asked in between breaths.


"Well did you learn something, miroku?" kagome asked almost expectatingly. The rest of the group looked at him the same way.


"Yeah, well I guess I learned that...other people's hands hurt when they grope you." miroku said honestly.


"And.?" kagome asked expecting some revelation to come of this.


"And...when I'm a man again I'm never letting anyone grope me!" miroku said sticking his chest out proudly. Inuyasha had to restrain kagome from beating him over the head with the nearest object.


"Kagome you look angry. Was I supposed to do something?" miroku asked innocently.


"You...were...OH! Never mind this was a lost cause! Let's just go home." kagome growled at him angrily. Miroku just scratched his trying to figure out what was going on as inuyasha tugged kagome back to her house with shippo on his shoulder.


"Sango...? Did I do something wrong?" miroku asked as he followed her. Sango started to walk slower to keep up with his pace.


"No…we were just hoping you would learn a good lesson from all of this." sango sighed as they tried to keep inuyasha and kagome in sight so they would get home all right.


"I apologize I just hope that genie will turn me back soon." miroku said sincerely yet there was a certain sadness in his voice. Sango just shrugged her shoulders and hurried him through the crowded streets.


"You know the weird thing was...it felt really weird when he started groping me. I've never had anyone do that to ME before." miroku said as he walked up the shrine steps.


"Well did you like it?" sango asked him with a certain excitement in her voice.


"No! I slapped him!" miroku said repulsed by how excited she was about that question.


"Oh really! Now that situation doesn't sound familiar at all." sango said sarcastically.


"What do you mean?" miroku asked taking her sarcasm into mind. Sango stopped dead in her pursuit of kagome and inuyasha.


"What do I mean? WHAT DO I MEAN? Oh, I'll tell you what I mean." sango said grabbing him by the throat.


"Uhh sango your hurting Me." miroku said timidly as sango tightened her grip.


"Oh believe me if you weren't a woman right now you'd be in agony. All those times groping me and kagome and all those other women, don't you think that they felt the same way." sango growled at him. Sango was now leaving bruises on his neck.


"You know I never thought about it that way. Please let me go now." miroku said pleadingly as sango loosened her grip slightly but still didn't release him.


"I'll release you only if you promise that you'll never grope another woman." sango said calmly, but there was an evil gleam in her eyes.


"And if I let my hand slip?" miroku smirked coolly even though the hand one his throat could kill him.


"Then I will make sure that no one will ever have your children, get it?" sango said nodding her head downwards.


"Ok, ok I promise no more groping" miroku said fearfully witch caused his voice to crack. Sango release him and they both went inside and sat down in the living room next to kagome, inuyasha, and shippo.


"What took you guys so long? You get lost or something?" inuyasha asked irritated. Sango just waved the question off. Soon kagome taught shippo the magic of the remote control. They sat and flipped through the channels for an hour.


"All this stuff is crap!" inuyasha said yawning at a rather stupid cartoon know as 'Franklin'.


"I think I'll go change into my monk garb. I rather dislike these clothes..." miroku said getting up and going upstairs. After he was fully dressed he picked the lamp out of his pocket and rubbed it. The lamp didn't even get hot or shake. He only heard the genie snoring and mumbling in his sleep.


"Oh milly, please don't look at me like that I didn't mean too. Why was the lord so cruel, I was cheated out of life..." wolfwood mumbled from inside his lamp.


"I guess when he had a girlfriend." miroku said putting the lamp back in his pocket. When miroku found his way back downstairs inuyasha was still flipping through the channels while shippo bonked him over the head when he passed something that looked good.


"Dinner time!" kagome's mother yelled just as miroku sat down. The table was very crowded that night with everyone there so they moved it outside in the shrine yards. Mrs. Higrashi had prepared rice balls, broiled fish, and peas for dinner.


"What are these green things?" shippo asked curiously holding the pea up to his eyes.


"Those are peas their good for little boys and they make them grow up big and strong." Mrs. Higrashi said kindly. Miroku inuyasha and shippo ate some of them and made an odd face. Miroku and shippo were too polite to say anything about it, but of course inuyasha wasn't.


"Do I have to eat these because they're nasty? bedside's I'm a man not a boy." inuyasha said smugly.


"I don't know I think their ok." sango said kindly to Mrs. Higrashi. The meal went on without interruption. That is until shippo found a better purpose for the disgusting green balls. As everyone seemed deep in conversation shippo had gotten bored. He picked up the pea and rolled it around in his fingers. He placed it on his thumb and applied a little pressure, then a little more, and a little more. Then the pea popped from his fingers and hit on of inuyasha's ears making it twitch and then making inuyasha look around. Shippo concealed his amusement by taking a drink of his tea. Inuyasha glanced around once more before returning to his conversation with kagome and her mother. Shippo giggled to himself with amusement this could pose for an interesting form of entertainment. Shippo flicked another pea at inuyasha and it hit him in the temple. This time inuyasha was more suspicious and immediately looked shippo's direction. Again shippo hid his laughter by drinking. Inuyasha just growled and looked away. Shippo launched another pea at his face, but just as it was about to hit inuyasha reached up and grabbed it in his palm. Shippo was so shocked he started to drink innocently.


"You sure are thirsty tonight shippo!" inuyasha said in fake suspicion. Inuyasha went and picked up shippo by the collar.


"Kagome! Help!" shippo cried as he flailed his arms and legs about frantically.


"SIT BOY!" kagome yelled sending inuyasha plummeting into the ground on top of shippo. Shippo inched himself from under inuyasha's boy.


"Kagome! You could've at least waited until he let me go!" shippo whined painfully.


"That's what you get for throwing food." kagome said warningly to shippo. As the sun started to set on the hot and humid summer day. The sun was slowly coaxing darkness over the shrine yards. Everyone went inside late that night. The lights that were place in various places outside the shrine caused them to be able to see and still remain outside. At about eleven that night Mrs. Higrashi forced them inside and made them go to bed. Inuyasha, kagome and shippo took kagome's room due to the lack of space miroku and sango slept on the couches in the living room. Miroku laid awake for several hours. it was almost unbearable how much miroku wanted morning to come. The lights of Tokyo only made it worse. The bright lights of the busy city painted the night's sky a light vermilion. Every time miroku glanced out the window his heart leapt hoping that the vermilion meant dawn. Miroku tried to find other things to entertain his mind or rather drag it away from thought. Eventually his gaze sauntered over to sango's sleeping form. He had always admired her form of course but now he saw it in a new light. His mind used to envision slowly caressing her breasts as well as the rest of her naked form in his bed. Now he eyes did not even wonder what was under the blanket. For now he concentrated on her face. He traced her faces' smooth curves with his eyes. How he wanted to just be able to feel the smoothness of her skin without getting a slap. Would he forever be bound to just admiring from a far? Why did he have to be cursed with such blood that craved lechery? Miroku could not take this he had to look away. He sighed harshly to himself and swung his legs over the edge of the couch. He got up and opened the window he had stared at for so long that night. He stuck his head out and let the misty late night air hit his face sending shivers down his spine. He stared up at the sky. Very few star shined in it. The light of Tokyo had taken away their brilliant light. Miroku felt a slender hand gently grasp his shoulder.


"Sango, I apologize if I woke you." miroku said turning towards her. Sango's eye's sparkles in the dull light that flooded into the living room. Miroku had always thought her eyes looked filled with sadness. Her eyes were particularly sad tonight. Looking into them made him feel that horrible emotion.


"No, something else woke me up. if i was interrupting something I can..."sango said turning to leave.


"No, it's all right I would very much like it if you would stay." miroku said grabbing her arm. Sango turned around and leaned on the windowsill next to miroku.


"It's almost morning..." sango said watching the blackness fade into a light navy.


"Hmm I have been waiting for it." miroku said trying to contain his happiness.


"Miroku, you know that promise I made you make?" sango asked avoiding his eyes.


"Yes." miroku said simply.


"Are you...are going to keep it? To keep your promise I mean." Sango said still unable to look at him.


"I promise that I will try. I promise I will try very hard, but only for you" miroku said smiling slightly just as the sun peaked in the sky.


"Come on!" miroku said leading her outside with Wolfwood's lamp in hand. Miroku set it down on the ground and rubbed it viciously. It started to shake against the pavement. Wolfwood appeared in a cloud of gray smoke rubbing his eyes tiredly.


"Yes, yes, I promise I'll make you a man again." Wolfwood said grumpily lighting a cigarette.


"Do it!" miroku said excitedly. Wolfwood pointed his finger at miroku and changed him back into a man.


"Ok would you like anything else you still have one more wishes..." wolfwood said tilting his sunglasses down revealing his eyes.


"Nah!" miroku said shaking his head. Wolfwood disappeared into the lamp. Miroku picked up the good and chucked it out onto the sidewalk outside the shrine. The lamp hit someone in the head. He had spiked blonde hair and wore a long red trench coat. The man whimpered as he picked up the offending object. He just shrugged, stuck it in his pocket, and continued eat on his way eating his box of donuts. Miroku laughed happily and walked back towards sango. Though due to having inuyasha sat near that spot the previous evening. Miroku's sandals got caught in the cracks and he hurled forward. To keep him from eating pavement miroku grabbed the nearest thing possible. Unfortunately for him he had used sango's breast to brace himself. When he looked up nervously she wore an expression that screamed hate all over it. While sango commenced her beating inuyasha, kagome, and shippo watched from the window up above.


"Well thus ends miroku's day as a woman..." shippo sighed discouraged.

FIN