Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Back Again ❯ 2.Realization ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

2. Realization

Meryl awoke early morning to find herself curled up with something soft and warm. She opened her eyes to find vash's face only an inch from hers. His arm was wrapped protictivly around her waist. She smiled as she looked a Vas's sleeping form.

/He looks so peaceful when he's asleep. Its like when he sleeps he escapes all the pain he has been through.' Shoudenly she frowned. `I guess he can also forget how mean I am to him./

She sighed slightly and removed herself from the warm incasement of Vash's arms. She slowly got out of bed and began to make breakfast. She herd a russiling behind her.

/He must be getting up./

She turned around to find that Vash was not getting up. It was simply that his arms were searching for the form they had been holding a moment ago. Meryl smiled. Slowly she made her way back to the bed and crawled back in. Vash's arms automaticly wrapped around her and pulled her closer to him. She sighed contently and snuggled into his chest.

She wasn't tierd, really. She just wanted to have as much time with him like this as possible. Plus, he sure didn't seem to mind much judging by the way he would tighten his hold on her and held her close. She was sunggeling contently with him when reality just had to rear its ugly head.

"..mRem." Vash incoherently mumbled in his sleep.

Small tears threatened to spill forth from her eyes. This is why she was so mean to him. So she couldn't get hurt by him. Hurting herself by trying to convience herself that she didn't love that broom headed idiot didn't hurt this bad.

She slowly made her way out of the bed and sat on the side. She tried to blink back the un-wanted tears but they slipped past her walls of protection and slowly made a trail down her face.

"Busy Meryl." She mumbled, "Keep your self busy. You cant cry when you are to busy doing something else.

She made her way to the kitchen and slowly started making breakfast. Little did she know that she had awakened Vash when she had crawled out of his arms. His eyes where conserned and questioning.

He quietly walked up behind her. She was ethier to busy trying not to cry, or just watching the eggs really intently to notice him. He decided it was trying not to cry.

He stoped walking and wraped his arms around her waist, laying his chin on her shoulder while he pulled a chair behind him with his foot so he could sit down (she is really short compared to him. Ever notice or is it just me?)

"What's wrong Meryl? Did I do something I shouldn't have? Is it my fault?" he questioned trying to hide how scared he was that it had been him that upset her. He never wanted to hurt her. Never.

"Oh it's nothing Vash. Don't worry about it. It was just some stupid thought of my'n." meryl said trying to get off the subject as fast as living possible.

"Please tell me."

"It's nothing, Vash."

"Please?" he sunggled his face into her shoulder. "You can tell me anything, Meryl."

Meryl sighed lightly. `Great how are you going to get out of this one?' she mused slightly to herself. "Vash, its just-I just-urgggggg." She comented, obiously frustrated. She cradled her head in her hands trying not to cry. Her knees were about to fail her when Vash pulled her down into his lap so that she wouldn't fall.

He turned her around in his lap to face her. Silent tears round down her cheeks and she refused to look him in the eyes. He gently wiped the tears away and pulled her into a hug as she cried lightly into his chest.

"Vash your such a jerk! Why do you have to be so nice to me? Why do you have to make it harder for me to do this?" came as a muffled cry from the small girl in Vash's lap.

"Do what Meryl?" he inquired softly.

"Forget about you! Get over you, when I know nothing will ever happen because u love her to much!"

Now Vash was just confused. "I love who to much?"

"Rem" came a quite sob against his chest.

"Yes I love her, but as a son loves his mother, a brother loves his little sister." Meryls cries slowly died down as he spoke. A small smile played across his features. "Don't go and get over me, not when something really could happen."

She raised her eyes to look at his and before she could say anything his lips covered hers in a gentle kiss. As the to love birds parted for air, Vash leaned over and whispered in her ear "I love you Meryl."

She giggled slightly, "Like a son loves a mother?"

He smiled shyly and went digging through his pocket. "No, as a husband," he held a ring out before her and slide it over her finger, "loves a wife. Will you marry me?"

Meryls face was brighter than any of the for suns. "Yes. Yes Vash I will marry you!"

The two lover held each other in a tight embrace as dawn spread her finger tips of rose across the sky above, allowing the suns first ray to dance across the room as the couple shared their second kiss.