Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Between Dreams and Duty ❯ Encounter ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Between Dreams and Duty
By Nina Twister


Chapter1- Encounter

A tall blonde man and a black haired man sat at the bar. The blonde was scarfing donuts as the black haired man blew smoke rings with his cigarette, held between his index and middle finger.

"Careful Vash, dont hurt yourself," Wolfwood teased with a smirk as he puffed the smoke from his mouth.

"Dont worry about me, Wolfwood,"Vash said with his mouth full,"I wont choke.." He then started coughing and fell on the ground.

"Thats not funny, Vash," Wolfwood snorted.Vash just wriggled on the ground, holding his throat as his face turned blue,"Vash....VASH!?!?!?!"

"HAHAHAHAHA!" Vash laughed as he jumped up,"I got you Wolfwood!"

"I'll get YOU!" He shouted and tackled the outlaw.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here you are sir," A young man with a tie and glasses said as he handed a newspaper to a large man at a desk.

"Vash the Stampede spotted in May," The man read aloud,"This is horrible!"

"It is, Sir!" The little man nodded," He, being such a vicious outlaw, will for sure kill thousands in such a populous town.."

"No!!! I cant believe THEY found out before we did!!"He shouted, pointing to the editors of the paper. It was, Gunsmoke Weekly,"WE are the Satillite! And WE have to get ahead!"

"But how, Sir?" The small man asked.

"We will send out two reporters to follow him,"He concluded.

"But Mr.Big!" He said,"Thats to big a risk!"

"Shutup Stan!"He snapped,"Now go get the Hangfires!"

"The twins!?" Stan gasped,"No sir! We cant throw those innocent girls into this!"

"Do it now! OR YOU ARE FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here is your shipment, Leroy," An extremely ugly man said, handing the bartender a box.

"Thanks Fred,"He nodded and set the box behind the counter,"Have a seat and have a drink. It's on the house."

"Okay,"He nodded,"Hey boys! Grab a table!" A group of equally ugly men sat down. They started talking. Suddenly, the door opened and two tall silouhettes stood in the door way. The men looked at the two suspiciously, unsure if they were friend or foe. Then, the two tall figures stepped into the light, revealing themselves to be women. The mens determined scowls turned into perverted grins as the brunettes walked past. Their blue eyes surveing the area. One had short hair, and triangular ear rings. She had on a collared white shirt, white skirt and a white cape. She seemed to be wearing a uniform of somesort. She had a purple bow and leggings also. The other brunette was equaly attractive. She had long hair, and hoop earings. She wore the same as the other, except she wore a black trench coat, black tie, black boots and no leggings.The two were so alike, the men believed they were twins.They walked past the men and sat at the bar.

"So what will you be having ladies?" Leroy asked as he cleaned out a mug.

"A chocolate shake!"The short haired brunette said, slamming her fist down on the bar.

"And chocolate icecream!" The long haired one grinned. The men seemed suprised at their request, then grinned as they made their move.

"Hey Ladies," Fred said, walking up to them and sitting down beside them.

"Hello,"The long haired one nodded. The other woman just looked at her map.
Fred placed his hand on the other womans knee, and she turned red.

"WHY YOU!!!!"She screamed, jumping up and knocking them over.

"Kora, just let it go,"The short haired woman sighed.

"But Nina!"She shouted,"HE TOUCHED MY KNEE!" She pulled out a large black colt and slammed the man over the head with it.

"WAH!?!?!?" The other men gasped as their leader fell unconcious. They grabbed him and ran away.

"Excuse me, Bar keep,"Nina said, unfased by her sisters actions," May City is still afew isles from here, am I right?"

"Thats right,"He nodded,"But you best not go there. Isnt that Humanoid what-cha-ma-call-it there?"

"Thats why we are going there,"Nina nodded and slipped her map into her cape.

"What? "He asked, confused,"Dont tell me you two innocent looking things are after the $$60 billion bounty!"

"No sir, just buisness,"Kora said.

"Oh,"He shrugged,"Well, afew bounty hunters came through acouple hours ago, asking the same..so i just assumed you two were part of their group..."

"Lets go, Kora!" Nina interrupted, dashing out the door and to the thomases waiting outside.

"But!!"Kora shouted,"I want my ice cream!!!!!!!!!"

"Duty calls,"Nina said and mounted her hybrid horse.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The bar in which Vash and Wolfwood sit is now deserted.

"Something is going on,"Wolfwood mumbled, tipping his sunglasses down.

"No more donuts,"Vash sniffled.

"Quiet!"Wolfwood hissed,clapping his hand over his comrades mouth. He heard foot steps outside.

"Whats going on?" Vash whispered, all of a sudden, deadly serious.

"Oh no,"Wolfwood mumbled as the glass windows shattered,"BOUNTY HUNTERS!"

"OH CRAP!"Vash shouted and dove out the back door, Wolfwood following.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sempai!!!"Millie whined,"He disappeared again!"

"Dont worry, Millie, he is in this town, I asure you,"Meryl said. Suddenly, Vash and Wolfwood zoomed by, the hunters chasing them.

"Oh no! MR.VASH!" Millie shouted, chasing them also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nina and Kora rode into town, surveing the damage already caused.

"He's here,"They gasped in unison. Nina jumped off her thomas, and so did kora.

"Kora! Note pad!" Nina commanded and Kora pulled out a notepad, and sharpened pencil. As they ran through the town, they survied damage,"It appears the damage is severe."

"Vash the Stampede..here..and so are we.."Kora mumbled,"WAH!!! SIS!! We have to get out of here!!"

"Why?"Nina asked, stopping.

"Cause!He'll kill us!"She whined.

"No! Our job depends on this,"Nina said determinedly and turned back to the wreckage,"The insurance society is going to have a field day with this." Suddenly, they noticed something happening on the roof.

"Get him! He's on the roof!" A towns person cried.

"Come on Kora!" Nina said,"Lets get the inside scoop!"\

"STOP!!" A voice cried and they turned to see Meryl.

"Who are YOU to tell us to stop!?" Nina snapped.

"Im Meryl Strife, of the Bernardelli Insurance Society and I..."She began before NIna cut her off.

"meryl!?"She gasped,"Meryl Strife!? no way!"

"So..you've heard of me?"She said.

"Yeah! Hello! We went to college together!" Nina laughed," Its me! Nina Hangfire!"

"Nina! OMG it cant be!" She squeeled,"I didnt recognize you!"

"Me neither!" Kora interupted,"You shrank!"

"Kora!!!!!!!!"Millie screamed as she tackled her old best friend.

"Millie!" Nina and Kora said in unison.

"So, what are you guys doing here?" Nina asked.

"I could ask the same of you," Meryl said.

"We are to follow Vash the Stampede, and send reports back to The Satellite HQ,"Kora said.

"Well, We have to follow him too, but we have to make sure he stays out of trouble,"Millie nodded,"So we have to stop this!"

"I see,"Nina nodded,"Then lets go!"

"Will this be your first time meeting him?"Meryl asked.\

"Yes,"Kora said.

"Ours also,"She nodded.

"But Sempai! WE met him before.."Millie interrupted.

"No we didnt,Millie,"Meryl sighed,"That blonde dufus is NOT Vash the Stampede! Now lets go!" The group ran to the building, and begin to ascend the flight of stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wolfwood and Vash stood atop the building, surrounded by bounty hunters.

"Im not even an outlaw!" Wolfwood exclaimed,"Why am I being chased?"

"You are an accomplis!" The lead bounty hunter said.

"Listen, Dameon isnt it?" Vash said and he nodded,"im not Vash the Stampede."

"You're not?" The bounty hunters questioned and began to chatter amongst themselves.

"Vash, what are you trying to pull here?"Wolfwood questoned under his breath.

"Look at them Wolfwood,"He mumbled,"It wont be hard to out wit them."

"Could this not be him?"The bounty hunters talked amongst themselves,"We followed the rumors."

"yeah, red coat, ear ring, blonde hair."

"It wasnt that! It was a mohawk and giant gun!"

"I havent seen a gun."

"Yeah, so I guess this isnt him..."

"yes,"Vash grinned.

"STOP THE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!"Meryl screached as the group broke through the door to the roof.

"Hello,"Vash waved as the bounty hunters turned to see the women.

"oh no...its.."Meryl muttered.

"MR.VASH!!"Millie cheered.

"It IS him!"The bounty hunters turn to Vash, but he and Wolfwood were gone.

"It was him,"Kora mumbled.

"No, It couldnt be,"Nina mumbled,"Could it?"