Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Between Dreams and Duty ❯ Tricks of the Trade ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 4- Tricks of the Trade

Nina drove the Angelina2, Kora sitting behind her.

"Could he really be out there?"Kora shouted over the wind that was crashing over her.

"Yes,"Nina said, not quite sure herself,"He has to be!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meryl and Millie arrived in the nearly deserted town of Little Arkansas.

"What..happened...here?"Millie questioned.

"Im not sure,"Meryl shook her head and then went to the sheriffs department. The two women walked in, and noticed the sheriff was packing his things,"Er..Mr.Sheriff, Sir?"

"Yes?"He questioned and turned to them,"Oh my! You should have already left with the other women and children!"

"Excuse me?"Meryl questioned,"Why?"

"Vash the Stampede was just here.."He frowned,"So we cleared town."

"I knew it!"Meryl sighed,"Come on Millie."

"Coming, Sempai!"Millie nodded, and ran after Meryl.

"Im sorry!"A man with long brown hair said to another man with black hair held back in a rat tail,"We dont have any more motorcycles! I just sold the last to these..delicious...twin girls."

"Did you jut say, twins?"Meryl questioned,"Did you get their names!?"

"No.."He shrugged.

"What did they look like?"Millie asked, fearing for her friends.

"Gorgeuos.."He drooled.

"Alittle more detail please,"Meryl said impatiantly.

"One had long brown hair, the other had short brown hair.."He began,"Both had blue eyes and they were tall...I think they were wearing uniforms or something...infact! The one with short hair had a uniform kinda like yours!" He pointed to meryl,"Accept that bow was a darker purple."

"Ofcourse!"Meryl said,"The color of the upper class man at the Satellite! It was them alright, Millie!"

"Brilliant surgeon work, Meryl!"Millie applauded.

"I think you mean detective, Millie,"She sighed, then turned back to the dealer,"Please, do you have ANY form of transportation?"

"Yeah."He said and brought out two young thomases,"This is it."

"It will have to do,"Meryl nodded and tossed him a fair amountt and mounted the hybrid horse,"Come on, Millie! Nina and Kora are probobly on the outlaws trail! We find them, we find Vash the Stampede!!!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vash and Wolfwood were currently running from a tribe of vicious nomads.

"YOU MAKE MY LIFE LIVING HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Woflwood cried as he ran for his life.

"SORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY!!!!!"Vash shouted his response as the nohmads closed in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, did you hear something??"Nina questioned, screeching the motorcycle to a stop. A faint 'sorry' was heard,"Come on! Some one may need our help!"

"Um, yeah!" Kora nodded as they began to ride towards the voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The nohmads were hot on their heels as the outlaw and priest began to become over come with fatigue.

"I cant go on much longer Wolfwood!" Vash shouted.

"Yes you can you idiot!!"He shouted, about to give way himself,"If I can, you can too!" Vash, being able to read his true feelings of fatigue and dispair, couldnt help but smile at his words.

"yeah!"Vash said, then he accidentaly stumbled over his feet and fell.

"VASH!!!!!"Wolfwood cried, his friend soon taken by teh fierce people,"NOO!!" Suddenly, gunshots were fired and afew nohmads fell, dead. Nina and Kora came wheeling over the hill,"Look! Its the angels of God coming to deal their wrath!"

"No! No! STOP!"Vash shouted, throwing himself infront of the frightened barbarians,"Dont kill them!"

"What the **** is your problem!?"Nina shouted,"We saved your sorry butt!"

"But..you..killed them,"Vash bit his lip as tears streamed down his face.

"Killed them? no we didnt!"Kora protested,"They arent dead!"

"Yes..they are,"Wolfwood said solomnly,testing the pulse of the three.

"Oh my...I didnt know..I mean,"Nina mumbled,"I didnt mean to...Im so sorry."

"Thats alright,"Vash said, drieing his tears,"I knwo you didnt mean to...I mean..that speech you gave last night was truelly.."

"What,"Kora interrupted,"How would you know..unless you were there?"

"I...uh.."Vash paniced, realising he said to much.

"I told him,"Wolfwood interrupted,"I was there, remember?"

"Yeah,"Kora nodded,"That makes sense."

"Yeah....."Nina nodded, eyeing the outlaw suspiciously.

"Isnt it so strange that we keep running into each other?"Vash said, trying to change the subject.

"Actually..it kinda is,"Kora nodded,"its like...someone is up there...typing out a script to a play or book..fate I suppose."

"No,"Wolfwood interrupted,"Its a sign from God! You are our guardian angels!"

"Say what?"Kora, Nina and Vash said in unison.

"Never mind,"Wolfwood shrugged it off," Dont listen to me, Im just a priest." HE then pulled out a miniature church,"And for killing those innocents (or not) you must confess!!!!!!!!!!!"He slammed the miniature on ninas head first.

"What is that!?"Kora shouted, trying to pull it from her disgruntled sisters head.

"Its a...portable confessional!!"Wolfwood began.

"Oh boy,"Vash mumbled.

"Its kinda like those confessional rooms in the church! Eccept...this one is TRAVEL SIZE!"

"imagine my joy.."Nina snorted, crossing her arms (which was a funny site with that building on her head)"It's imense..." Suddenly, the sound of two stampeding thomases where heard, along with scremas for help.

"Come on! Lets go!"Vash said, running up the hill.

"Get this off my head!"Nina screamed, trying to follow him.

"Hold on, Sis!" Kora shouted, following her. Wolfwood brought up the rear.

"Oh dear, this could be a problem,"Vash frowned as the insurance girls rode towards them.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!"The screamed, their thomases had gone crazy.

"What are we gonna do?"Wolfwood questioned. Nina shoved the portable confessional on his head as soon as she got it off, and jumped on the motorcycle.

"Kora! You know what to do!" She shouted as she sped towards them.

"Right,"She nodded as she drew her black colt, and ran towards their friends.

"We gotta help!"Vash said and was about to take off, but Wolfwood grabbed his shoulder.

"No no, we might get in the way,"He said,"Lets just watch.." Kora stood infront of the charging thomases, while Nina rode beside them.

"NINA!"Meryl screamed, holding on to the hybrid for dear life

"Hold on!!!!"Nina shouted over the hoof clatter and cries from the thomases. She rode between the thomases carrying Millie and Meryl,"NOW KORA!"
Kora fired her gun in the air, causing the thomases to stop, and turn around. Before they took off again, Nina grabbed her friends, and pulled them to her. The enraged thomases took off the other way.

"Our stuff..."Millie began.

"Yeah, well, it's your stuff our your life,"Nina laughed as they returned to the group.

"That was pretty cool.."Vash said.

"Thanks,"Nina and Kora smiled.

"Well...we better be going,"Wolfwood said as he and Vash turned and began to walk away.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Nina, Kora, Meryl and Millie were afew yards behind the priest and outlaw.

"Why are we following them?"Millie asked.

"I dont know..ask Nina,"Meryl shrugged.

"You care about him, dont you,"Kora smirked, nudging her sister.

"No! Ofcourse not,"Nina snorted,"He just happens to be going the way we are.."

"How did you do that awsome stunt?"Millie asked suddenly.

"That was random,"Meryl commented.

"What?"Kora asked.

"Yah know, with the thomases,"She said.

"Oh..yah know...tricks of the trade,"Nina smiled. The two suns began to set as our heros (male and female alike) traveled onward to the next city.